Is Scott Gibbons Still Working For Palladium? (Part Two)

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Panomas II
Explorer

Is Scott Gibbons Still Working For Palladium? (Part Two)

Unread post by Panomas II »

Once again the bi-weekly update on RRT has fallen to the wayside.
Does anyone have any idea if Mr. Gibbons is still employed by Palladium. I think the last update was supposed to be posted the 9th... We are ten days past that.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Re: Is Scott Gibbons Still Working For Palladium? (Part Two)

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

You should have named this Part 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Panomas II
Explorer

Unread post by Panomas II »

Todd Yoho wrote:You should have named this Part 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Todd Yoho... I'm a huge fan of Breakin 2, Electric Boogaloo... I know indeed what you speak.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

He probably is still employed at pb. He was clearly making everyone else look bad by keeping to his schedule so had to start missing deadlines or get in trouble.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

If there is no update by the 28th, we'll officially be at one update in full two months instead of every two weeks. It seems that Scott has adjusted quite nicely to the traditional ebb and flow of the Palladium production schedule and has eschewed all those pesky calendar dates that get in way of things. Of the three books advertised mid-December as coming out in December or January ((Disavowed and Beastiary 1&2), none have so far and according to the latest update none will either. The brief good will and minimal hope for meaningful change at Palladium that the hiring of Scott initially engendered is truly gone.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

According to the latest PBWU, the digital xmas package deals were Scott's baby, so it is possible that these took priority.

However, I will not be peeved if the update is a tad late, if and only if it contains concrete information about the status and progress (even why if there is no progress) of this project. sadly I expect this is wishing too much as the biggest failure by Scott so far - especially given he is the dedicated Business manager - is to provid ethat information.

When you stop pushing the big boulder uphill, it ineviyably will roll back to the bottom. Palladium appear to have decided to stop pushing and leave the boulder where it started at the bottom
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Promising updates every two weeks was extremely unnecessary. Once per month, even once per quarter is enough - especially if the update lacks any proof of progress. We could have done fine with 4 "we're working on it" in 2018 instead of just creating another reason for backers to become upset with PB.

The entire Kickstarter has become tremendously unfortunate, or just continues to be tremendously unfortunate, depending on when you feel the KS went off the rails.

Such a shame. I had great hopes RTT would be a hit for both PB and the fans.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”