A Texas Sized Project

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

curb
D-Bee

A Texas Sized Project

Unread post by curb »

I am working on a 'slightly' altered Texas setting for Rifts. It changes the landscape with the Republic of Killeen, which runs from Killeen TX to San Antonio Tx and further south to their outpost in what remains of Corpus Christi. The Republic has two defense forces, the Killeen Defense Force (KDF) and the Killeen Police Force (KPF). They are also home to Republic Technologies. Still in the early phases of design. Will post more when it is available.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: A Texas Sized Project

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I would be interested in the backstory. I did an 'alternate universe' concept that saw General Sawyer from NEMA travel to Texas rather than Chicago, and built out from there.
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

The heart of the project is the city of Killeen and Fort Hood, which at the time of the disaster had undergone a massive update. I am working on the back story and details.
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

Okay, more raw data. The Republic is made of Killeen, Austin and San Antonio. As well as the communities between them. There are various ranches and farming co-ops under thier banner as well. External defense is handled by the Killeen Defense Force (KDF) and internal defense by the Killeen Police Force (KPF).
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Alright. So I assume because this republic is there, then that means the Pecos Empire may not exist, and that CS Lone Star is out of the picture?

Mind you, there's a small kingdom independent of either that exists in Texas already, not sure if you were aware. Might want to read up on them for ideas. Though from what I can tell the locations are pretty different.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

Alrik Vas wrote:Alright. So I assume because this republic is there, then that means the Pecos Empire may not exist, and that CS Lone Star is out of the picture?

Mind you, there's a small kingdom independent of either that exists in Texas already, not sure if you were aware. Might want to read up on them for ideas. Though from what I can tell the locations are pretty different.

The Repunlic only covers a smallish area, so CS lone star still holds the panhandle and outside of a few other small communities the state is still pretty wild.
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

Which leads me to this post. The northern most major cities of the Republic are killeen and coperous cove (apologies for misspellings). The southern most major city is San Antonio and the eastern most major city is austin. Still defining actual borders. Other major locations include San Marcus and the revitalized outlet mall, most major manufacturers have shop space, including Republic Technologies.
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

So, this project might be shifted to an alterate Rifts Universe. Not sure as of yet.
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

Whats the Tech lvl, feelings on magic and so on? i'm all for a non-CS human power in my wonderful state but what makes them tick?

0.0 legions of animate dead in mdc armor with mdc weapons? Animated with the permission of the fallen to rise as defenders of their fair nation?
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:I would be interested in the backstory. I did an 'alternate universe' concept that saw General Sawyer from NEMA travel to Texas rather than Chicago, and built out from there.

That would have been a much better strategic decision in my book...much easier to defend, longer LOS to use those long range weapons against mystical threats. Also, you have a much more military force available there in Texas.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Throw TAMU into the mix, at least as a resource to mine. It is not that far East, has the university, plus a major training center for hazmat and first responders.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “G.M.s Forum”