Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:55 am
Posts: 109
Location: Sector 357 Scientist
Comment: Reflux adept.
When a vampire turns into a bat or mist does their clothes change also or do they just run around naked?


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 15000
Location: Eastvale, calif
depends if the game is PG or NC-17. is the short answer.

but vamps are not naked even if they are nude.
Naked's main meaning is 'to be without protection'. And a Vamp always takes its immunities with it, unless there has been some magic worked on it to take them away.

_________________
Q's on this board need canon answers first for the question that was asked. Then you can post your own house rules listed as your house rules.
I say what the classes ARE even if the books mislabel them, so get over it.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 6061
Location: WI
VIsgar wrote:
When a vampire turns into a bat or mist does their clothes change also or do they just run around naked?

This is addressed in text description. Not sure which Vampire description (Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, etc) you have/using, but the one in LotD2 states when they use their metamorph abilities they do take their clothes with them (along with personal artifacts, though there are limits to just what can be taken). This is unusual/unique since metamorphosis won't take clothing with them (at least going by spells and IIRC creature examples like Dragon).


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Westland, MI
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
depends if the game is PG or NC-17. is the short answer.


Question is less "PG or N-17" and more "Male or Female".

Terry Pratchett answered that question in Thud! Iirc

_________________
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 15084
Location: 2nd Degree Black Belt of Post Fu
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
Vampire Kingdoms Revised gave the offical answer: Vampires clothing small weapons always magically reappear when the vampire returns to human form after metamorphing, as do small personal items they are carrying, but only if those items are their property, stolen items cannot come with them during a metamorphasis. Body armor and large, cumbersome weapons also cannot come with and fall to the ground when they change shape.

Where they go is a mystery and not explained, just "It's magic" is the only explination.

_________________
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 am
  

User avatar
Voice of the Gateway

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:19 pm
Posts: 1886
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Mysteries of magic actually kind of explained this to a degree, though not directly. Essentially, things that are within the vampire's aura, and have the touch of his aura (owned things) are what transform. Same idea with burster's and their fire field, and intangible heroes and what they can carry. The aura extends out a small distance from the person, and you leave a touch of your aura on things you own (almost like radioactivity). This also explains how things like locate, object read and remote viewing work, as the users of these powers are tapping into the left over aura on the object to track back to the source.

_________________
Listen to Gateway to the Megaverse!
Download Rifter0


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:33 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Posts: 9180
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Prince Artemis wrote:
Mysteries of magic actually kind of explained this to a degree, though not directly. Essentially, things that are within the vampire's aura, and have the touch of his aura (owned things) are what transform. Same idea with burster's and their fire field, and intangible heroes and what they can carry. The aura extends out a small distance from the person, and you leave a touch of your aura on things you own (almost like radioactivity). This also explains how things like locate, object read and remote viewing work, as the users of these powers are tapping into the left over aura on the object to track back to the source.

That explanation though doesn't really apply here.
Transformations are almost always pretty clear that they do NOT apply to clothing. Vampires are pretty unique in that their transformation does affect clothing and small items. Very few others do, actually, I am not able to think of any others of the top of my head at the moment to be honest.

_________________
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Naked vampires?
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:13 pm
Posts: 5042
You get to bring your stuff in all 3 types: bat, wolf or mist.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vampire Kingdoms Revised gave the offical answer: Vampires clothing small weapons always magically reappear when the vampire returns to human form after metamorphing, as do small personal items they are carrying, but only if those items are their property, stolen items cannot come with them during a metamorphasis. Body armor and large, cumbersome weapons also cannot come with and fall to the ground when they change shape.

Prior to revised, it was also in the original Vampire Kingdoms on page 23.

PRPG vamps (179-180) and BTS Vamps (183) didn't mention this, so at the time I would've assumed they traveled naked, seems Vampire Kingdoms could be where this originates.

I'm not really sure why the modesty, since vampires are bound to be more naked in Rifts anyway due to the SDC clothes and MD weapons problem. Of course, PRPG/BTS were just generally more gruesome and brutal settings compared to Rifts, so it's to be expected.


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group