Odds and Ends, July 27 2017

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Odds and Ends, July 27 2017

Unread post by Kevin »

Odds and Ends July 27 2017

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to get back into the groove of posting Murmurs on a more regular basis. I need to remind myself that they can be brief snippets of news, goings-on and tidbits, not an entire page or two. I’ll try doing that and post smaller Murmurs more frequently.

The last few weeks have been filled with very long days as I threw myself into writing and getting Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ done and to the printer. Then I immediately started work on Nightbane® Dark Designs™. You can see a free Sneak Preview of it at DriveThruRPG.com I know this is a book players and G.M.s are going to go wild over. And it is just the first of many exciting new titles we have coming for Rifts® and other game lines.

The rest of the crew was equally driven with their respective tasks. You lose track of the days when you are working like that and forget things like posting a Murmur, or I find myself putting it off for latter, because I'm too hot writing to stop and then forget. Crazy, eh? It's part of the creative process and I was burning hot working on Rifts® Atlanteans. Of course other things are going on at the same time, but we have been keenly focused on the creative.

We’ve been speaking to a video game studio about developing a Rifts® game for mobile devices, but after a promising start, I’m not sure we can finalize the deal with this particular company. We’ll have to wait and see. Spoke to a virtual reality company about Rifts® and other Palladium I.P.s (Intellectual Properties) in the beginning of June, so there has been quite a bit of interest in our I.P.s boiling for a while now. Of course, we are looking for companies whose people are passionate about our game worlds and in making great games. Always tricky stuff cutting licensing deals and vetting the companies. At some point you just have to walk away or hold your nose and jump. We've done the latter on a couple of TV development deals (non-Rifts®) and they are looking potentially promising. But you never know. Fingers crossed.

I spent some time this week working on Gen Con prep mostly with Julius. We laid out the Gen Con booth, figured out everything we are going to bring with us (which is most titles and products), Julius pulled the product and we reserved the truck. I'm starting to get very pumped up about Gen Con coming up next month and the 2018 Palladium Books Open House next April.

That’s it for now. I need to sit down and finish the Weekly Update.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

© Copyright July 27, 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Dead Reign®, Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”