campaign ideas

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

campaign ideas

Unread post by mercedogre »

have you ever shared or traded campaign ideas with other GM's? if you like, post one here that you'd like to share.
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
bobharly
Explorer

Re: campaign ideas

Unread post by bobharly »

I have my Robotech-Rifts Crossover campaign over in the Rifts page. The basic premise is 12 years post Reflex Point, Invid Occupation. I borrow heavily from Rifts (and other Sci-Fi) to flesh out the human nations that surround the Invid Protectorates that occupy the Mid-West (and Central California) in North America. The Invid Clones left behind in charge of the harvesting of Protoculture have heeded the Regess' request to not exterminate humanity, but they still maintain military superiority if they feel threatened. Humanity, being creative has hidden their armies and technologies in different ways and are slowly climbing back. The big question is whether the Invid and Humanity can coexist or another war is only a few years away...

One of the big twists is that the Invid Clones, being human like are developing their own ambitions and rivalaries from within. The Invid appear to be a unified front from the human point of view, but inside they are steady factioning and headed towards their own civil war if the Regess doesn't return soon.

I'm almost finished my nations for North America and have plans for the Asian coastlines next. My group has already started adventuring, so I am just trying to write faster than they can cross the continent.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I have my 4 Galaxies setting in where what I did was take the Phase World setting (using the DB2, Phase World Sourcebook, Three Galaxies, and Anvil Galaxy as those were the ones that were currently out when I did all the work on this.) Combine it with Manhunter's version of the Milky Way. Add in various Races and Factions from Aliens Unlimited Revised, Squeeze in the Skrayper's Solar System. Worked out the various political shifts with the added factions.

Even ran a game using it once and had a thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100752

It was fun, My players enjoyed it, once a few of the bugs got worked out mostly issues with pc playing styles.

Just got interrupted by life events. I even remember exactly where it left off.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Formulating a Rifts Japan Ninjas Brawl.

Mystic Ninja Clan vs Tech Ninja Clan.

Somewhere in the middle Samurai vs Cyber-Samurai.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I am also in the midst of designing a Nightbane Campaign set in the Pacific Northwest, as a starting point. Major Story arc is classified but other story arcs include PC's as agents of their faction or some other patron.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I recently ran a Heroes Unlimited campaign set in Century Station, about a year before the "Bloody Monday Riots." The first story-arc led up to the event that sparked those riots and the players had the opportunity to prevent it and change history. When I continue the game, "Season 2" will be about learning about the upcoming Dark Day event (as per the Nightbane book) and culminate in an opportunity to stop it from happening.

My high level ideas for the story arcs/seasons after that all involve other events from the various game lines: stop Splicers from happening, stop Chaos Earth from happening, stop Armageddon Unlimited from happening, stop Dead Reign from happening, stop After the Bomb from happening, stop Robotech from happening, etcetera. Each of those arcs is also an opportunity to introduce elements from those books without becoming mired in them (at least, in the beginning). Time travel plays a heavy role as the Season 1 storyarc introduced the characters to the time travelers who can warn them of these events.

In fact, and this is a spoiler for those who played my game (so if you're reading, you have been warned), the reason all these events are looming in the future is because the key villains who will cause them were either originally killed in the Bloody Monday events, or so severely impacted by them, such that they were no longer able to set the aforementioned goals into motion. The intention was to exhaust Palladium's catalog (and perhaps also deal with some other things as well not tied to a specific game line) and then slowly let the players realize that they needed to let Bloody Monday happen. The Series Finale of the game would be the Heroes going back in time to interfere with their younger selves (or predecessors) and stopping them from stopping Bloody Monday.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
bobharly
Explorer

Unread post by bobharly »

Glistam wrote:I recently ran a Heroes Unlimited campaign set in Century Station, about a year before the "Bloody Monday Riots." The first story-arc led up to the event that sparked those riots and the players had the opportunity to prevent it and change history. When I continue the game, "Season 2" will be about learning about the upcoming Dark Day event (as per the Nightbane book) and culminate in an opportunity to stop it from happening.

My high level ideas for the story arcs/seasons after that all involve other events from the various game lines: stop Splicers from happening, stop Chaos Earth from happening, stop Armageddon Unlimited from happening, stop Dead Reign from happening, stop After the Bomb from happening, stop Robotech from happening, etcetera. Each of those arcs is also an opportunity to introduce elements from those books without becoming mired in them (at least, in the beginning). Time travel plays a heavy role as the Season 1 storyarc introduced the characters to the time travelers who can warn them of these events.

In fact, and this is a spoiler for those who played my game (so if you're reading, you have been warned), the reason all these events are looming in the future is because the key villains who will cause them were either originally killed in the Bloody Monday events, or so severely impacted by them, such that they were no longer able to set the aforementioned goals into motion. The intention was to exhaust Palladium's catalog (and perhaps also deal with some other things as well not tied to a specific game line) and then slowly let the players realize that they needed to let Bloody Monday happen. The Series Finale of the game would be the Heroes going back in time to interfere with their younger selves (or predecessors) and stopping them from stopping Bloody Monday.

Huge spoiler for your players, but cool idea! It's like dumping the whole toy box out on the floor!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

bobharly wrote:
Glistam wrote:I recently ran a Heroes Unlimited campaign set in Century Station, about a year before the "Bloody Monday Riots." The first story-arc led up to the event that sparked those riots and the players had the opportunity to prevent it and change history. When I continue the game, "Season 2" will be about learning about the upcoming Dark Day event (as per the Nightbane book) and culminate in an opportunity to stop it from happening.

Huge spoiler for your players, but cool idea! It's like dumping the whole toy box out on the floor!

Indeed. Heroes Unlimited has always been my "Rifts" for Palladium. That's the setting I prefer to pull all the other settings into.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Daedwax
D-Bee
Comment: Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

Unread post by Daedwax »

I've been messing around with a sort of pre-gen Schrodinger cat style game. Basically my idea is that you're deactivated bots who havn't been destroyed or shut off properly however i have no intention of straight out telling the players but hinting at it throughout the intro. Over the intro the characters would roll for traits, some of these traits they'd have had the entire time but either just came online or are just discovered thus the Schrodinger cat reference. After gaining a few different traits like downloadable skills, a Chest light, or name designation C4354R (Caesar), the characters will discover they're a test batch of free thinking bots created by A.R.C.H.I.E. from their on the characters would need to discover a purpose for their life, possibly destroying A.R.C.H.I.E. or just trying to find a place to exist in the Megaverse.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”