Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Do you think the RIFTS the movie will ever get off the ground?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 124 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 180 ]
Total votes : 304
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Dungeon Crawler

In one of the other threads on the topic, someone mentioned along the same lines:
Palladium was the first megaverse. No reason anyone cant pull a Marvel and start with the unsigned properties, tell a few stories that just sort of naturally lead into a Rifts combined shot every so often.

"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Explorer

Comment: Reflux adept.
LostOne wrote:
You're missing a category: I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. :P

I agree with this Poster.

They've got a great enough story to make a movie in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Re:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:30 am

Knight

VIsgar wrote:
LostOne wrote:
You're missing a category: I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. :P

I agree with this Poster.

They've got a great enough story to make a movie in my opinion.

Yep

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 pm

D-Bee

Comment: Never underestimate a player who likes options.
Sadly, the House of Louse... I mean Mouse, will never release the rights until or unless a long list of other properties bomb and don't make them money, including Star Wars. I, for one, am so sickened by Disney's withholding of the properties that I'm seriously wanting to organize a bunch of angry fans to start hassling the company to make the RIFTS movie. With enough unhappy people writing and calling them, especially with the extra pull an interested actor or director could apply, we might get Disney looking seriously at the movie option.

It's either this, or giving up and saying Disney can go **** themselves.

Rogue Scholar, speaking over the grave of a black marketeer: "In the Great House and in the House of Fire, on that Great Day when all the days and years are numbered, oh let my name be given back to me."
Juicer, having killed said black marketeer: Oh %@$# this! His name is Dirtnap! Can we go now?!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:09 am

Hero

Why the hostility? Presumably Disney is paying for the license/option/whatever, PB is currently making money for doing literally nothing.

If they didn't include something in the contract about having a finite time limit or an option not to renew, that'd be on them. Why do you think shoddy Fantastic Four movies keep getting made? They want to hold onto the rights.

Without seeing the contract, it seems a bit excessive to throw name calling around.

Though I'd recommend trying to attract passionate people asking politely for a movie to progress rather than 'a bunch of angry fans'. Prove that there are a LOT of people willing to pay for movie tickets and DVDs/BluRays/Digital Copies and SAMAS/Glitter Boy toys and lunchboxes. Because an effects heavy movie with a budget in the 8 figures or more will need butts in seats to be profitable, and a couple of people throwing anger and snark on Twitter isn't going to indicate profitability.

Perhaps not a perfect 1:1 comparison, but Robotech is probably as big or bigger than Rifts by a good margin, and that's been in development hell since before the Internet era.