How do you handle

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TagsPB
Explorer

How do you handle

Unread post by TagsPB »

Skill program over lap skills.....such as when your programs give you Operate Bio-Equipment several times?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: How do you handle

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

You only get it once. It is like getting several degrees IRL each major may have repeating classes. It doesn't mean you get better in the subject, ya just don't take it again.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

So you'd rule no bonus (like with domestic skills) or substitution?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Correct.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I rule the higher bonus, and usually substitute for a skill in the same group.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Quantum07 wrote:I rule the higher bonus, and usually substitute for a skill in the same group.

I could see the higher bonus. I wouldn't allow a sub.
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I do the substitute so that the time isn't wasted. Why would you take a class that you already took? Why did they take the time to train you, three times, on how to use Bio-equipment, if you got it the first time?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

They didn't. Like I said before. I treat it as skipped. You didn't attend the class. If they I cluded time taken for the skill I wouldn't include. Unless it had a better bonus in which case "they" would have you take it because the class/training has been improved. Your taught by someone who has actually done the job and gain from their experience.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

I don't see it as taking the skill multiple times... or skipping the class that teaches it, but rather that the lessons coincide with each other. You may have 3 programs that require the skill, but there is only one class teaching it which you attend to meet the requirement (you get credit for each of the programs that require it, but have only taken the class once). Given the limited resources the Great Houses have, chances are they won't be teaching the same class multiple times a day... but rather everyone who needs the skill (depending on the skill programs that require it) will be taught it at the same time.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Quantum07 wrote:I rule the higher bonus, and usually substitute for a skill in the same group.

That is generally how I do it. If you get it from two places take the instance that has the higher bonus but otherwise thats about the only benefit getting multiple copies of the same skill.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

In college, there are a number of programs that require specific classes that you need to attend. If you are taking three of these programs, each requiring a specific class... do you:

1) Take that class 3 times... once for each program

OR

2) Arrange your schedule so that you take the class once and get credit in all 3 programs?

Generally such an important class that is needed by multiple programs will be taught at times when the most students from these programs can attend once. One doesn't get any additional bonus for taking the class more than once (as most colleges [and students] would see that as a waste of time)... which is why only the highest bonus for the skill in question is taken when multiple programs in the game have the same skill.

It really is this simple... and what the rules actually state.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Return to “Splicers®”