Creating wonder

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Creating wonder

Unread post by Kevin »

Creating wonder

Here at Palladium, we are so excited about bringing you the many new releases slated for 2016, that all of us have been on fire writing, editing and creating artwork. Speaking for myself, I’m writing like a demon, taking breaks only to coordinate aspects of other projects and take care of various business matters.

It is always a joy when ideas come so furiously that all you want to do is write and keep on writing. The material in The Rifter® #73 is a good example of that – inspired and full of fun and adventures. This issue is filled with that kind of inspired source material. Boy, is it ever going to be a great issue. And all of it “official” adventure source material.

It doesn’t stop there. I have been writing and making notes for all kinds of projects, as well as plotting out our next moves with Robotech® RPG Tactics and other game lines. I haven’t felt this positive and driven in a long time. And it’s not just me. The Palladium crew and many of the freelancers are pounding away on projects too. More than that, I’m excited because I feel like we’re all pushing the creative envelope and punching out a lot of new and original ideas. Stuff that is going to advance story-lines and game play. This issue of The Rifter® and upcoming books are going to wow and take you places you never expected or imagined. The excitement of that alone is breeding more creative energy and compelling us to push the envelope even farther.

The joy and intensity of it all reminds me of why I love writing and the creative process. Unless you are a writer or some other type of creator or entertainer, I don’t think you can imagine the emotional high or level of joy it brings when you know you are hitting on all cylinders and spinning out gold. When I’m done for the day I’m spent. But it is a good tired connected to accomplishment and a sense of joy. I think a big part of that comes from creating material for someone other than yourself. That’s the entertainment aspect of our jobs. We write this stuff for you. When I’m writing something that I just know Game Masters and players are going to go ape over and have a blast playing, it gives me a huge boost of adrenaline and joy. I love that I’m writing material that is going to make you say, wow, and get your own imaginations burning. I love that our words and ideas bring you adventure, laughs and memories. It’s incredible and humbling. And I love every minute of the creative process.

I just wanted to share that with you while I'm still riding the creative high. Game on and keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright January 22, 2016 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”