Gen Con 2017, Palladium Books and You!!!

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Gen Con 2017, Palladium Books and You!!!

Unread post by NMI »

So you want to run events again this year for Palladium? Great, excellent even! How?

Fill out the attached document and email it to: nmi@jeffthetech.ninja. Please use the subject of “Gen Con 2017 Event Submission. I need 1 form for EACH game you plan to run. If you are turning in an application for multiple GM’s, I need 1 form per GM per Event.

When do these forms need to be turned in by?

Early event submission has started. As I will need a day or two to fill out a schedule and submit the schedule to Gen Con, I will need your submissions for EARLY submission by Feb 1st. This will give me 5 days to enter any last minute submissions.

Second round submission deadline: If you can’t get me your submission by Feb 1st, then you got one more chance to get your event submitted and in the Event Schedule listing in the Gen Con catalog and online. This 2nd deadline will be Feb 7th. This will give me 7 days to add any last minute submissions to the schedule and submitted to Gen Con.

Late Submissions: Late submissions are accepted after March 14th and later – however, you most likely will not make it into the catalog and/or the online listing. In other words, GET YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO ME BY FEB. 1st!

What if I already submitted my events to Gen Con 2017?

Simple. Send an email to Gen Con – events@gencon.com with your event ID# and ask them to transfer that the following Name/Badge ID#/Email – Jeff Ruiz – Badge 135200 – nmi@jeffthetech.ninja

GM Badges. I want one!

Excellent. All you need to do is run 70 player-hours’ worth of events. Example: A 4 hour RPG for 6 players would generate 24 player hours. A GM would need to run 3 such events to qualify. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO RUN MORE THAN THIS. Your desire to run more than this is what allows us, as an organization, to earn extra badges for those who can’t or don’t have the time to run multiple events.

Hotel Block Reservation

You will need to buy an Attendee Badge to get a reservation in the Gen Con Hotel Block. What you then do is, acquire your GM badge from either myself or Patrick JAkubowski and take both badges to the GM HQ and follow Gen Con’s Refund process.

Additional Questions?

See the following link - http://files.gencon.com/genconeventhostpolicy.pdf - If anything is unclear, please email me @ nmi@jeffthetech.ninja and I will get you an answer.

I will, as I did last year, send additional emails as time goes on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Gen Con 2016, Palladium Books and You!!!

Unread post by NMI »

Here are some of the questions you guys had from last year [that I might have addressed above].

* Please keep in mind that the following information could change at any time due to changes made by Gen Con or as myself and Pat get more details from Gen Con.

FAQ
Q. Why am I sending Palladium my event submissions? I can submit them myself.
A. This is being done so that we can get as many Palladium Books events running in the same room, at the same time as possible.

Q. How many events do I need to run in order to qualify for a complimentary GM Badge?
A. Per the Gen Con site, you need to run at least 70 "player hours" worth of events. This is determined by taking the maximum # of players you expect for your event multiplied by maximum # of hours for your event.
Ex: A 4-hour event for 4-6 people would generate 24 "player hours". You would need to run 3 events in order to get a free badge.

Q. What if I am only running 1 game or event?
A. This is where the beauty of being a part of the MA program shines through. By submitting all of the events through 1 account, we can pool ALL of the potential player hours and use that to help generate more "free" badges thus helping out those who might only be running 1 event.

Q. What should I do if I have already submitted my events to Gen Con?
A. Send an email to events@gencon.com. Provide your Event ID and ask that you have it transferred to the dashboard assigned to Jeff Ruiz,ID# 135200, email nmi@thedeificnmi.com

Q. I need to get a badge before Gen Con in order to register for a spot on the Hotel Block.
A. Purchase your own badge and then once at Gen Con and you have your GM badge, you can head over to the Gen Con GM Headquarters to seek reimbursement.

Q. How do I receive my GM badge?
A. Either myself, Pat or someone from Palladium will be picking up all of the badges in bulk. You DO NOT need your badge to get into the Hall. Your badge is only required to get into the Dealers/Vendors area and while running your events. For those few of you that might run an event on Wed. night, you WILL NOT need your GM badge [per last years 2 Wed night games]. Come Thursday morning, someone will meet with you at whatever room our Palladium events are being run. Badges will ONLY be given to the GM in question with a valid ID. GM's can notify me or Pat AHEAD of time with the name of someone else who will pick up the badge, but that person will also need to have a valid photo ID.

Q. Last year Palladium handed out T-shirts and special awards but it was a hassle for MA's to get these items. How will it be handled this year?
A. When you pick up your badge, your awards for ALL of your events will be given to you at the same time. Running multiple events Thursday through Sunday? I will give you all of your awards for each event all at once. This can include: a MA T-Shirt, MA "thank you coupon" and of course the Player prizes. Please keep in mind that these prizes might change between now and Gen Con.

Q. What if I need to cancel or change an event?
A. Email ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com and provide the Event ID, and the name of your game[s] that you need to change. Please keep in mind the previously mentioned deadlines.

Robotech RPG Tactic events for now can be submitted using these same guidelines though I expect to be receiving specific information on that as soon as I can reach the Events Coordinator @ Gen Con.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Gen Con 2016, Palladium Books and You!!!

Unread post by NMI »

Don't forget; the sooner you get your events submitted to the us @ ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com, the sooner you can secure your spot on the Event Schedule!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Gen Con 2017, Palladium Books and You!!!

Unread post by NMI »

Something that was learned at Gen Con 2016

Events not listed in the Printed Gen Con Book....

Events will not be listed in the printed book *IF* the event has been sold out prior to the book going to print. not knowing this last year caused a bit of confusion for some of us, including myself.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”