Flowing Splice

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Flowing Splice

Unread post by Premier »

Hello SPLICEHEADS,

Great to see things brewing and growing on all fronts for SPLICERS!

There are four strong titles in the Palladiumbooks pipeline for Splicers.

SPLICERS: Blood and Iron Sourcebook - submitted by Brandon "Galactus Kid" Aten, Kris" Krispy" Tipping & Lance "Guy Ledouche" Colley.
"SPLICERS: Evolved Worldbook 1 - submitted by Chris "Slappy" Kluge & Charles "Premier" Walton
SPLICERS: Dawn of Legion Sourcebook - submitted by Slappy & Premier
SPLICERS: Genetic Expressions Sourcebook - submitted by Galactus Kid, Matthew Orr & Slappy.

Titles that are WIPs

SPLICERS: Lands of the Barren Marsh World book
SPLICERS: The Preserves
SPLICERS: Metal Storm sourcebook
SPLICERS: Dark Depths
SPLICERS: Biotic Rebellion Sourcebook
SPLICERS: Arctic Frontier World book

There is a newly devoted and steadily growing Splicers Online Community that Thaddeus "Wooly" Moore has authored, Great Job!
If you haven't seen it, you certainly want to check it out and sign up. There are some great things to share and enjoy.

The Rifters have been hot and well-supported with Splicers articles. Keep em flowing in.

Major things are also brewing in the office for Splicers as well (wish I could share more, but all good things in due time).

I must say that you ALL are AWESOME Gamers and Supporters. Truly the finest of Game Specimens.

Because of all this, and the massive amount of invested archives that Slappy and I have accumulated, we plan to Unleash some things unto the forums.
I have expressed this with Kevin so, please be on the look out for bi-weekly topics, concept artwork, WIP, Splicers settings topics and questions or polls, and the long overdue return of the SPLICERS: Unleashed Contest. The final two winners for Contest One have yet to be revealed. I sincerely apologize for dropping the ball. I have been finalizing the digital paintings for them and the story arcs that coincide with Unleashed. Unleash will re-emerge just in time for Halloween. Then comes the Unleashed II: Metal Storm. So prepare to get your House in order.

The time has come for the SPLICE to Flow......
Last edited by Premier on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: Flowing Splice

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

:shock: WOW :shock:

oh man i am gonna be so broke because of Splicers :lol:
The Dragon Has Spoken
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I really hope your right, we have been promised these things for a long time would love to get them.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

This is excellent news! Thanks for the plug. Would you post the author's real names so I can post this on the Splicers Unofficial Google+ Community forum?

Galactus Kid: Brandon Aten
Krispy:
Guy Ledouch:
Slappy: Chris Kluge
Premier: Chuck Walton
Last edited by Wooly on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

This is me throwing money at my phone for these books.

TAKE MY MONEY!!
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Wooly wrote:This is excellent news! Thanks for the plug. Would you post the author's real names so I can post this on the Splicers Unofficial Google+ Community forum?

Galactus Kid: Brandon Aten
Krispy:
Guy Ledouch:
Slappy: Chris Kluge
Premier: Chuck Walton

Thank you and I have added the names in the OP as requested.
Glad you mentioned it.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Thank you Spliceheads for the positive feedback and support!
We just have to try and keep the SPLICERS community growing and the work churning.

Next week I upload the first topic.
May I ask, What day would you all vote for the Topic Day to be?
Last edited by Premier on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Premier wrote:May I ask, What day do would you all vote for the Topic Day to be?

Hoping to hear more about the preserves. Prehistoric animals; mammals and dinosaurs are a great interest of mine so I am hoping for a lot of bio diversity in flora and fauna. Having a threat for players beyond just the machine will be great. Also very interested in human on human warfare in Splicers. Lastly it has been mentioned that Carmen had notes and/or leftover material from the original Splicers print that has never made it to light. If so I am hoping that is some of the first material that should be released.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Premier wrote:Thank you Spliceheads for the positive feedback and support!
We just have to try and keep the SPLICERS community growing and the work churning.

May I ask, What day do would you all vote for the Topic Day to be?

Splicers® Unleashed!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Premier wrote: SPLICERS: Genetic Expressions Sourcebook - submitted by Galactus Kid, Krispy & Guy Ledouche.

This one is actually by me and Matthew Orr. We also included the personal weapon information from Rifter 0 that Slappy wrote and he signed off on it's inclusion.

Matthew and I also have 5 more small sourcebooks planned that expand some of the base classes like was done to the pack master in Rifter 59 adn the Technojacker in Rifter 70 (and Blood and Iron).
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote: SPLICERS: Genetic Expressions Sourcebook - submitted by Galactus Kid, Krispy & Guy Ledouche.

This one is actually by me and Matthew Orr. We also included the personal weapon information from Rifter 0 that Slappy wrote and he signed off on it's inclusion.

Matthew and I also have 5 more small sourcebooks planned that expand some of the base classes like was done to the pack master in Rifter 59 adn the Technojacker in Rifter 70 (and Blood and Iron).

Would love to see this as well.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Premier wrote:Thank you Spliceheads for the positive feedback and support!

May I ask, What day would you all vote for the Topic Day to be?

Something "Artic", or "Frost" related :) The Artic Frontier World book intrigues me.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

So, what's in the 'Splicers: Evolved worldbook 1" and "Dawn of Legion" books? Inquiring Spliceheads want to know (and maybe I can get that pesky Geneticist to quit bugging me about it).....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

dunno about splicers evolved, but dawn of legion is most likely about a new NEXUS personality called legion that has been hinted at or even previewed to some extent on these forums before.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Wooly
" Hoping to hear more about the preserves. Prehistoric animals; mammals and dinosaurs are a great interest of mine so I am hoping for a lot of bio diversity in flora and fauna. Having a threat for players beyond just the machine will be great.

Oh there is plenty brewing for this Title! A wide array of Bio-Diversity flora and fauna, other things that lurk in the preserves, New OCCs, New abilities to try and reverse Engineer and to confiscate, a comprehensive break down of Gaia & her cryo-zoos, her husbandry and methods on releasing wildlife or reintroductions, Gaia's deadly shepherds as well as a How to make your own Alien Predator system. And indeed, some of these beasties are not confined to the preserves. In some cases they are purposely designed released into areas where the machine has increased difficulties venturing to ensure the death of Splicers. Just plenty of fun in store for this one.

BTW did you ever check this thread out?
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=115910&hilit=splicers+preserves

"Also very interested in human on human warfare in Splicers."

Blood feuds will indeed be nice topics to cover. And its not just the Great Houses at war over politics, resources, power, ethics, etc.; there are also those nasty Wastecrawlers, Infiltrators, The Others, brainwashed Retros, Rogue armies, etc.

Boxee

" Splicers® Unleashed!"

Ahh...Indeed the Unleashed returns. Can't wait to reveal the final two and the stories that go with them. Things are blending in very well and will set the stage nicely for Metal Storm.

Ffranceschi

" Something "Artic", or "Frost" related The Artic Frontier World book intrigues me."

:eek: In the Arctic, where the tundra is a sanctuary and also possibly a merciful death, where freezing temps and the moving flows of ice or the fear of avalanche threaten the powerful War Mounts and Host Armors of the Resistance. Or the released alien fauna that Gaia has cooked up to ferret out and flush the Splicers from the cold, oh.... indeed it is better to freeze to death than to be buried under crushing weights of ice and snow and have what's in store come digging through the ice to feed on your frozen numb body. Or is it worse to be pulled under the ice, into eh icy waters and hunted down or go hunting. Yet, it is here that some of the darkest secrets are conducted. It is here that something purposely hidden for the sake of humanity will be re-discovered. Oh the secrets and legends of the frost will be haunting, but worst are the fears that some of the legends are closer to a darker reality.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

BookWyrm wrote:So, what's in the 'Splicers: Evolved worldbook 1" and "Dawn of Legion" books? Inquiring Spliceheads want to know (and maybe I can get that pesky Geneticist to quit bugging me about it).....

Dang Geneticist. Sometimes its easier to just deal with their Homunculi :lol:
Shark Force is right about Dawn of Legion. Its a campaign sourcebook designed to introduce an array of new items and experiences that help give a quality tour of the Splicers setting and how Splicers campaigns can be conducted through a cinematic adventure arc. You will engage the machine and other Houses the way Splicers was meant; strategic, horror, gritty, intense, suspenseful and unpredictable chaos. Dawn of Legion, introduces the renegade Machine personality, "Legion" and her twisted visions and what she seeks to accomplish on this planet. Also revealed are new innovative developments from both the Resistance and NEXUS.

As to Splicers: Evolved its developed to follow up with the necessary information to help expand the Splicers setting and to enhance the Splicers gaming experience. Splicers: Evolved defines some of the global deceptions caused by NEXUS and what the Resistance is attempting to solidify itself. Introduces the Area of Influence structure and the Great Houses and key locations to begin establishing a world book expansion system. This is meant as a strong guideline for Gamers to customize their own Great Houses and Areas of Influence to which they can campaign in or partake in the Areas that are being systemically furnished, starting with the included AOI #24 within Evolved and its array of significant locations, Great Houses, New OCCs, Bio-enhancements, War Mounts and Weapons. Also included are new NEXUS Drones, Robots & weapons that were produced since the Splicers RPG release.

Global Update
Engineer & Librarian Stats
How to Build a Great House system
Intro to Area of Influences (includes a wonderful example with AOI #24)
AOI # 24 Map
Religions, Sects and Beliefs (tentative)
New NPCs
New OCCs
New War Mounts
New Bio-Enhancements, Weapons, Equipment
Additional intel on NEXUS
New NEXUS Robots that were produced since the first Splicers book's release
Includes the written stats for some of the robots that were shown in the first RPG book(tentative)
Character sheets

-- Cheers
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Since all this stuff is coming out can you give a taste of the new stuff? Please!!!!
BookWyrm
Champion

Thanks, Premier. *copies Premier's post, hands it to Geneticist*
He's a good Geneticist, named Bentokk, it's just sometimes he gets a little 'fanboy'-ish when there's talk of new Splicers data coming.
He treats his two Homunculi, Prec and Thol, well enough.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
OrionPrime
D-Bee

Unread post by OrionPrime »

Am I the only that wants "Blood and Iron" NOW!
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Well I think Monday is a good day to have the Splicers bi-weekly content blast go out. :-)
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Premier wrote:
Titles that are WIPs

SPLICERS: Dark Depths

This sounds interesting. Can you offer anything else about it?
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

OrionPrime wrote:Am I the only that wants "Blood and Iron" NOW!

Oh no. not by a longshot. There are a bunch of us chomping at the bit for it. At least the three of us who wrote it, Premier who has done a lot of the preview art, and NMI who has seen the manuscript.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Boxee
"Since all this stuff is coming out can you give a taste of the new stuff? Please!!!!"

Perhaps......

BookWyrm
He's a good Geneticist, named Bentokk, it's just sometimes he gets a little 'fanboy'-ish when there's talk of new Splicers data coming.

Oh, well please tell Bentokk, he is in good company as there are plenty of us like that within the Resistance. Prec & Thol? Now I will be pondering what they look like?

OrionPrime:
"Am I the only that wants "Blood and Iron" NOW!"

No Sirrr... there are a lot of TJs needing to be deployed and are awaiting such resources.

Wooly:
"Well I think Monday is a good day to have the Splicers bi-weekly content blast go out. "

Indeed you might be right. Gives us a solid start of the week and the following week to discuss it.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
BookWyrm
Champion

Premier wrote:BookWyrm

Oh, well please tell Bentokk, he is in good company as there are plenty of us like that within the Resistance. Prec & Thol? Now I will be pondering what they look like?

Prec & Thol look like what we would call 'super-deformed' Host Armors, as described in Rifter #50. They are identical, except when they emerged from the Gene-Pool, one was a dark crimson color, the other a dark shade of green. Bentokk was present when they emerged; they were originally an early experimental test of dual-cloning 'twin' Host Armors. The Librarian who made this unauthorized attempt has been summarily placed on Restricted Duties as punishment (the Splicers equivalent of desk-duty) until further notice. Bentokk named them Prec (red) & Thol (green). He plans to upgrade their systems soon.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Now my wallet just grew several tentacles and speaks to me of getting the new books.
BookWyrm
Champion

I'm also intrigued to find out about "Biotic Rebellion".....maybe I shouldn't have let my Biotic legions watch the Star Wars Trilogy on Movie Night.....
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Oh no. not by a longshot. There are a bunch of us chomping at the bit for it. At least the three of us who wrote it, Premier who has done a lot of the preview art, and NMI who has seen the manuscript.
And a darn fine manuscript it is!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid

NMI wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

And a darn fine manuscript it is!

Thanks man! I hope it comes out sooner rather than later!

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Is Biotic Rebellion all about Biotics, including variants?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:Is Biotic Rebellion all about Biotics, including variants?

Hey Spliceheads,

Thanks for asking about the Biotic Rebellion. without giving away too much, I can certainly share these content subjects slated for the book.

* Biotics within Society: With so many Biotics being developed within the Resistance; on the war fronts, brewing in the Gene Pools and living within the havens; the subject of Biotic society can be a growing concern to haven denizens. Sure every Haven may be unique in how they govern themselves and the citizens they are assigned to protect, but the very design, nature and flaws of Biotics is going to cause some insecurities and instability within civilian society. Some havens that have Biotics may live in segregated communities while others may be integrated. Criminals, the insane and the mentally disturbed civilians that are converted into mega damage super soldiers designed for warfare can be a handful when they are not deployed in the field or engaged in the heat of battle. Their down time may be consumed with haven entertainment and events such as gladiatorial pit fighting, bio-races, obstacle course competitions, training, etc., but there comes a time when the very unpredictable nature of a Biotic is going to rear its head.
Haven enforcers such as Marshals, Scarecrows and other law enforcement squads and officials are -capable- of peacekeeping, but inequality will only last for so long among these hardened mega-damage beings. It can get even worse when chaotic duress and riots are being instigated by a mastermind and their underground network who preach that the path to wining the war is the embracement of human evolution via the Biotics.

* New Biotic Templates and Specializations.
* New Biotic Enhancements, Weapons, Defenses and Skills.
* New Metamorph Forms.
* Renegade Biotics, Feral Biotics and the Bounty Hunters who hunt them.
* Rogue Biotic Tribes including "The Unbridled."
* Biotic liberation and revolts being led by a megalomania Librarian.
and more...

Hope this helps give an idea of what this title is slated for.
OrionPrime
D-Bee

Unread post by OrionPrime »

I think I can speak before everyone... We want them now!!! :P
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Just wanted to say that I am seeing a LOT of Grab Bag requests for Trying Splicers! And I mean A LOT!!!!
This is awesome to see and knowing that more Splice heads are gestating is gotta be a good thing in the RPG community.

Also on the flowing Splice News Front, the first episode of the "Official" Legion adventure debuts in the Rifter 71/72 double issue.
So if your looking to run a solid Splicers campaign (rather your a greener, a veteran players group or GM (Splice Master or avid Collector) or simply looking to get ahold of some new official Splicers material, then don't miss out on the beginning of this episodic, cinematic adventure. IMHO, it is some of Slappy's best work and has had me fired up for many years.

The Legion Adventure has been one of the major projects that Slappy and I have been cultivating and finally we get to share that pent up energy and material. You will get to enjoy the introduction of a new Machine personality and see who the machine and Splicers can begin to interact, New machines, New OCCs, some awesome NPC/Pregens, and more.

So be on the look out and be sure to get in on this thrilling adventure while it is first starting.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Looks like some serious splice flowage in the new rifter. Just had a chance to thumb through mine that arrived today and holy carp there is a lot of splicer stuff in it. Looking forward to getting a chance to sit down and read it fully tonight.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:Looks like some serious splice flowage in the new rifter. Just had a chance to thumb through mine that arrived today and holy carp there is a lot of splicer stuff in it. Looking forward to getting a chance to sit down and read it fully tonight.

looking forward to reading your review.
BTW, are you a GM (Splice Master or Player or Collector or all the above?)
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

all of the above although I don't GM as much of late.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Very interesting article. Nice to see some fleshed out NPC's as well so players who are looking for some ideas can have some good demonstrations of how it is done. One odd thing and I may have just missed it but a lot of the NPC's host armors don't seem to list MDC. Now it would be pretty easy to reverse engineer what the numbers likely are but given host armor MDC variability it would be nice if at least main body MDC were listed in the quick stats for the NPC.

Things like gorehounds it makes sense to only really list changes to the default template as they are pretty static by default MDC wise so easy enough to just work up from that.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Oh question what if any rifter did the falconer OCC show up in. I think I recall seeing their hawks/eagles before but I can't recall seeing the falconer OCC in print other than here on the forum. Knowing my luck its probably that one rifter with the tunnel rat the only darn rifter that has splicer info that I don't have and is out of print.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Thank you Kaid,

We appreciate your awesome support and compliments on the Article.

As to the NPCs, thank you for the appreciation and suggestion. We wanted to share some fully fleshed out NPCs this time around so that Spliceheads could use them more efficiently and so they could fulfill a dual purpose as NPCs and as templates/Pregens for future use. Not sure we will be doing that with the next episode due to page count, but if not, I will see if we can just post the full write-ups on here to suffice.

The Black Talon Warhawk was featured in Rifter#30, pages 50-54. The Falconer O.C.C. was not published yet, though it is on the forums and is also in the script that has been submitted for future publication. Just waiting on that good ole pipeline.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Okay I had seen it on the forums but was curious if it had been printed so that answers that question. Think I may have to spelunk around amazon or ebay to pick up rifter 30 its the only in print splice I don't have my OCD won't tolerate that for much longer hehehe.

If you are going to do a series of these legion articles you may want to have at least a few NPC's fleshed out like this article had especially if other more exotic sorts of things gardeners/hive master types show up. It really is nice to have something in print where I can show a new player if you want to do this kind of role at this level this is the kind of stuff you could do. The upside with splicers is its all so configurable to user tastes. The downside is sometimes that becomes information overload so its nice to have some things to point to so they can get a feel for pathways of growth.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

kaid wrote:Very interesting article. Nice to see some fleshed out NPC's as well so players who are looking for some ideas can have some good demonstrations of how it is done. One odd thing and I may have just missed it but a lot of the NPC's host armors don't seem to list MDC. Now it would be pretty easy to reverse engineer what the numbers likely are but given host armor MDC variability it would be nice if at least main body MDC were listed in the quick stats for the NPC.

Things like gorehounds it makes sense to only really list changes to the default template as they are pretty static by default MDC wise so easy enough to just work up from that.
I'm fairly certain that the armor MDC was included submissions. I'll double check.

Edit - I don't have my actual copies of this issue yet, but it appears that the MDC listing much have gotten cut.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

NMI wrote:
kaid wrote:Very interesting article. Nice to see some fleshed out NPC's as well so players who are looking for some ideas can have some good demonstrations of how it is done. One odd thing and I may have just missed it but a lot of the NPC's host armors don't seem to list MDC. Now it would be pretty easy to reverse engineer what the numbers likely are but given host armor MDC variability it would be nice if at least main body MDC were listed in the quick stats for the NPC.

I'm fairly certain that the armor MDC was included submissions. I'll double check.

Edit - I don't have my actual copies of this issue yet, but it appears that the MDC listing much have gotten cut.

Considering Jin had like 420 main body MDC.........or was it 440......but yes she can take really big hits. And if she body checks you ..... Well.....you WILL take notice.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I have been given permission to completely stat out the NPC's I had created for this article. Give me a few days to a week.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

No worries honestly just main body and head MDC for the ones that were not listed would be a plus. The rest of the stuff can be extrapolated easily enough if some ninja marksmen really wants to try shooting their hand for some reason.

Return to “Splicers®”