Izzy Randal and Kiyora special character cards now completed

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Izzy Randal and Kiyora special character cards now completed

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I have completed two new cards. Izzy's picture for the moment is a 10 minute thumbnail sketch I quickly drew since there really is no solid art for her that I could find. Kiyora's card uses the concept art from the Robotech Battlecry game. Check out the new cards, test them out in games and let me know what you think! I plan on doing a Malcontents version of Kiyora in the future as well as a Zerral card. Happy gaming!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgj4zw8uj3sf ... y-LUa?dl=0
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Izzy Randal and Kiyora special character cards now compl

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Great cards! And not a bad job on the picture. :ok:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

best art i can find of izzy.. enlarged screencap from one of the cutscenes.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... d_Hiro.png
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

As I look at these it looks like they should probably cost more point wise. Most abilities seem to cost 5 points, with a +1 to PIL, GN etc etc etc costing 5 points as well.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Look at Rick, Max and Miriya's cards. Most of the cards I've created are more expensive than they are and have similar abilities. Additionally, Kiyora's main ability is one use only. Test them out and see where they stack up with other characters and also with certain builds. I haven't had the chance to test Kiyora and Izzy yet. Jack, Khyron the destroyer, and Geraro have added flavor to games without over powering the game. I think the points costs reflect opportunity costs. At the end of the day they can get missiled to death and kicked to death like any other jabroni in the game if given the chance.
Last edited by CaptKaruthors on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

glitterboy2098 wrote:best art i can find of izzy.. enlarged screencap from one of the cutscenes.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... d_Hiro.png

Yeah I found that, but the resolution isn't good enough..thus I made my own. Hehe.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

CaptKaruthors wrote:I don't know if that's necessarily true. Look at Rick, Max and Miriya's cards. Most of the cards I've created are more expensive than they are and have similar abilities. Additionally, Kiyora's main ability is one use only. Test them out and see where they stack up with other characters and also with certain builds. I haven't had the chance to test Kiyora and Izzy yet. Jack, Khyron the destroyer, and Geraro have added flavor to games without over powering the game. I think the points costs reflect opportunity costs. At the end of the day they can get missiled to death and kicked to death like any other jabroni in the game if given the chance.

I was a little worried myself, that they might be a little over powering. But since you said that, it has put my mind at ease. We really got to look at getting these, and more like them, done up officially. With the problems of Wave 2 happening, this might help smooth things over a little.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”