OCC Concept, Warlord

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

vaporsight
D-Bee

OCC Concept, Warlord

Unread post by vaporsight »

Created by the parent House that brought you the Reaper, the Warlords form a higher caste of Splicer within the House. A step above Dreadguard, the Warlords give up their humanity for the good of the House. Something between a Biotic and a Metamorph, the Warlord retains much of his memories and gains much of the memories and experiences of the Warlord he is replacing.

In the house there are only so many Warlords, each taking up the mantle of one of the Norse gods that the House revers. When one of the 'Gods' die, a Dreadguard is prepared and 'fed' to a Genepool, with as much of the Gods remains as can be returned via a Reaper. The Dreadguard then becomes the new God and his bod is forever changed and mutated.

Right now this is little more than an idea I'm bouncing around in my head, and making this post for when I actually get around to stat-ing one up.

Happy Splicing.
SlaytheDragon
D-Bee

Re: OCC Concept, Warlord

Unread post by SlaytheDragon »

vaporsight wrote:Created by the parent House that brought you the Reaper, the Warlords form a higher caste of Splicer within the House. A step above Dreadguard, the Warlords give up their humanity for the good of the House. Something between a Biotic and a Metamorph, the Warlord retains much of his memories and gains much of the memories and experiences of the Warlord he is replacing.

In the house there are only so many Warlords, each taking up the mantle of one of the Norse gods that the House revers. When one of the 'Gods' die, a Dreadguard is prepared and 'fed' to a Genepool, with as much of the Gods remains as can be returned via a Reaper. The Dreadguard then becomes the new God and his bod is forever changed and mutated.

Right now this is little more than an idea I'm bouncing around in my head, and making this post for when I actually get around to stat-ing one up.

Happy Splicing.

Isn't there only a single Warlord per house?? I always saw it as more of the reigning most experienced battle hardened veteran, the general of the House's armies that leads them into war and decides the fate of the House's soldiers through the on going battle with the Machine. Although I'm sure things are run differently from house to house.

On another point it does seem like an O.C.C. that should be fleshed out, not just a really high level Dreadguard, but the Splicer of Splicers with the most cutting edge bio-augmentations. These Warlords are demi-gods in their own right and should definitely have an O.C.C that reflects that. Although they should probably be more of an NPC only O.C.C. but honestly those are always the most fun to play sometimes ;) They should definitely be unique, representing their individual houses with their own unique War Mounts and weaponry. Maybe not create an O.C.C. per se but more of a random table rolled to determine what the Warlord from a house would be like, with special abilities that help define each unique Warlord. I mean there is a reason they rose to their position in the first place. Was it their tactical insight? Brute strength? Sheer political persuasiveness combined with the cold blooded ability to make the tough decisions that must be made in this ongoing war for the survival of humanity against the Machine? It's just a thought. It would be nice to make a system or table to capture that uniqueness of each Warlord.
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
vaporsight
D-Bee

Unread post by vaporsight »

SlaytheDragon wrote:
vaporsight wrote:Created by the parent House that brought you the Reaper, the Warlords form a higher caste of Splicer within the House. A step above Dreadguard, the Warlords give up their humanity for the good of the House. Something between a Biotic and a Metamorph, the Warlord retains much of his memories and gains much of the memories and experiences of the Warlord he is replacing.

Happy Splicing.

Isn't there only a single Warlord per house?? I always saw it as more of the reigning most experienced battle hardened veteran, the general of the House's armies that leads them into war and decides the fate of the House's soldiers through the on going battle with the Machine. Although I'm sure things are run differently from house to house.

On another point it does seem like an O.C.C. that should be fleshed out, not just a really high level Dreadguard, but the Splicer of Splicers with the most cutting edge bio-augmentations. These Warlords are demi-gods in their own right and should definitely have an O.C.C that reflects that. Although they should probably be more of an NPC only O.C.C. but honestly those are always the most fun to play sometimes ;) They should definitely be unique, representing their individual houses with their own unique War Mounts and weaponry. Maybe not create an O.C.C. per se but more of a random table rolled to determine what the Warlord from a house would be like, with special abilities that help define each unique Warlord. I mean there is a reason they rose to their position in the first place. Was it their tactical insight? Brute strength? Sheer political persuasiveness combined with the cold blooded ability to make the tough decisions that must be made in this ongoing war for the survival of humanity against the Machine? It's just a thought. It would be nice to make a system or table to capture that uniqueness of each Warlord.

In most Houses, yeah, there would be only one Warlord. In this particular House, it's more of a council. The Aesir and Vanir, the actual Gods of the House, wage War. They are at the forefront of battle, paragons head and shoulders above their Dreadguard kin. There are lesser mortals to take care of the civilians and the day to day running of the House. This is below the notice of the mighty Warlords. A Warlord (current working title) is something new... an end to the Splicers evolution.

Where a Biotic or Metamorph is a person reshaped to be given Splicers strength and power, a Warlord already has this, his once trusty Host Armor. Originally a Dreadguard in a fallen Warlords retinue, a trial is held among the Warlords surviving Retinue for who shall take up the new mantle. A Reaper deposits the remains of the slain Warlord into the gene-pool, and his victorious Dreadguard joins him in the miasma that is the Gene-pool. There slain flesh is merged with boy man and host armor, forming an entirely new creature. One with the memories and experience of the Dreadguard, the power of a Host Armor, and the knowledge of the old Warlord.

Like I said, this is a new Idea I'm just bouncing around right now. It fits the House I'm crafting it for.
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

*giggle*

Yes I giggled, it was a manly giggle !@#$%^
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.

Return to “Splicers®”