Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:49 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 am
Posts: 274
Location: The Roads of North America
I am looking for references to SDI or Cheyenne Mountain in the books.

so far on the list:

Chaos Earth mentions contact being lost with Norad and the president being dead.

Mutants in Orbit has several SDI satelites listed.

apparently one of the tolkeen siege books has SDI sattellites listed in it.... any one know which one?

any other listings any one knows of?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:47 am
  

User avatar
D-Bee

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:33 am
Posts: 16
Location: Australia
sirkermittsg wrote:
I am looking for references to SDI or Cheyenne Mountain in the books.

so far on the list:

Chaos Earth mentions contact being lost with Norad and the president being dead.

Mutants in Orbit has several SDI satelites listed.

apparently one of the tolkeen siege books has SDI sattellites listed in it.... any one know which one?

any other listings any one knows of?

Its interesting you mention this, as i was looking up a very similar subject for a campaign recently.

Rifts- Aftermath pg131 has a very short reference to NORAD in Colorado, which i always assumed to be a reference to the NORAD facilities around Colorado Springs including Cheyenne Mountain.
It doesn't list anything like satellites or anything in detail though.

_________________
I'm currently working on a Rifts Campaign on Obsidian Portal

My other (amateurish) Rifts characters, session notes and other content.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:58 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 15085
Location: Eastvale, calif
There are all those space based beam weapons in Mutants in Orbit which would be the CE and Rifts modern equivalents of the 80's SDI theme.

_________________
Q's on this board need canon answers first for the question that was asked. Then you can post your own opinions or house rules, they need to be listed/declareds as your own opinions or house rules.


My Artwork


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Posts: 9481
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Siege on Tolkeen #3 the Sorcerers' Revenge pg. 40-42 talks about Jado Kado, her obsession with the SDI systems, a CS operation called Operation Falling Star to get control and the like.
Rifter #4 has official material on Archie 3. In the section on New Revelations and New Technology it talks about his links to the satellite system.

_________________
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:21 pm
Posts: 2395
Location: Salem, Oregon
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.
Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

_________________
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:24 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 12962
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
jedi078 wrote:
Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

Are those Cheyenne mountain or all NORAD? See, the reason I ask is because, NORAD is not Cheyenne mountain it is a command of which the Cheyenne mountain complex is a small part.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:38 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:21 pm
Posts: 2395
Location: Salem, Oregon
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.
Zer0 Kay wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

Are those Cheyenne mountain or all NORAD? See, the reason I ask is because, NORAD is not Cheyenne mountain it is a command of which the Cheyenne mountain complex is a small part.

It's Cheyenne mountain.

_________________
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:18 am
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 12962
Location: Snoqualmie, WA
jedi078 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

Are those Cheyenne mountain or all NORAD? See, the reason I ask is because, NORAD is not Cheyenne mountain it is a command of which the Cheyenne mountain complex is a small part.

It's Cheyenne mountain.

Thank you.

_________________
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group