Finnally!

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Finnally!

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Got another 3 Battle Pods painted. Will have to start priming some more pods, and get some more primer.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got an Officers Pod painted! Also primed several battle pods and 1 VF in fighter mode.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

Nice, i started basing my assembled UEDF, need to do another coat of sand and gravel then its to the spray-booth.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Alpha 11
Palladin

McPherson wrote:Nice, i started basing my assembled UEDF, need to do another coat of sand and gravel then its to the spray-booth.

- End of Line -

Not going that far with mine, but maybe some time in the future, I might do that. Sounds like they will look really nice in the end. Would not mind seeing some pictures. Got to take more pictures of mine, and post the ones that I do have. Got another 3 battle pods painted. I hope to do a small 120 point demo with a friend this Friday ( we will be playing several other games, hopefully, hence the small size, and to keep things simple, with only an attack squadron with a regult squad added and Grell, against a VF squadron with a Tomahawk squad added on ).
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got the last of the 3 pods done for the demo, but the guy forgot, and other things came up, so HOPEFULLY we will do it tomorrow. Unfortinitly, we will way less time, because they will be doing stuff in the afternoon. :(
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, I was hoping to play RTT, Battletech, and Star Wars Armarda, today, all at either a low point count, or beginning intro leave, but we only got to Battletech, which took WAY to long to play, at 200 points. Though it was my first time playing it, and he hadn't played it in like 10 years. Plus we kind of talked for like an hour before we started, then looked at the Battletech stuff. It was still fun, though. Hopefully next time.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Alpha did you play "classic" BT or the new Alpha Strike, as I am surprised at the time taken.

AS is quick and certainly accomodates "bigger" games, we have run company sized games in a very reasonable timeframe.
Last edited by wilycoyote on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Alpha did you play "classic" BT or the new Alpha Strike, as I am surprised at the time taken.

AS is quick andceratinly accomodates "bigger" games, we have run company sized gan==mes in a very reasonable timeframe.

I honestly don't know. It might have been from several off them, if that is possible. Just don't know. Just that is was fun and a learning experience. As for the time, we just took our time, and like I said, I was new and he hadn't played in like 10 years, and he had to look up the rules several times because of that.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if it was 200 points, probably alpha strike. regular battletech forces are measured in thousands of BV. 200 bv wouldn't even get one mech.

200 points of Alpha Strike is about 6-8 mechs per side.. possibly a full 12 mech company per side if using less advanced (and thus cheaper) mechs.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:if it was 200 points, probably alpha strike. regular battletech forces are measured in thousands of BV. 200 bv wouldn't even get one mech.

200 points of Alpha Strike is about 6-8 mechs per side.. possibly a full 12 mech company per side if using less advanced (and thus cheaper) mechs.

:oops: He, he, we were trying for a quick game, so we didn't use any mechs, just power armor and vehicles.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, hopefully this will be the beginning of a small comeback here. Painted an Officer Pod today.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Forgot to update this. Got a Recon Pod painted last week, and got 3 Battle Pods painted today.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Primed 2 heavy arty pods. Finished building 2 Telnestas. Stared yesterday, but ran into some problems when putting the magnets in. Want to make it so that I can change my Telnestas into Battle Pods, if I want. Seems the big gun needs more then 1 magnet, so I had to put 2 in the gun, and one in the pod. That seems to do the trick. I technically don't need to. I'm going t have a million battle pods when I'm done. I just like have that veritility, like with my arty pods. Though it makes more sense to do it with them. Prepping for a 300 point game over Labor day weekend against my bother in law. This will be the first "real" game against each other. Ya we played a 300 point game before, but that was just to showcase the game, and I just tried to put every mecha on the field to showcase as much of the game as possible. There were no charactors. This time around, he choose his team. He went with an attrition squadron (Veteran Warriors), with an officer pod, with Khyron in it. A recon squadron with Azonia in it. Plus a heavy arty, Telnesta, and battle pods support option added to those 2 squadrons. Sorry, don't remember which went with which one. (Might be another veteran warriors in there somewhere) I'm going with a VF squadron with Max and Miryia in it. Fire support destroid sq. with air-burst munitions, and rockets upgrade. Lastly, an armored destroid sq. with defender destroid support option, command destroid upgrade, with Dietrich in it. I hope nothing goes wrong that weekend, because I'm REALLY looking forward to this!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Painted another 3 battle pods. Got my gen con exlusives on Thur., and started putting them together today. Thought I'd have them all together and maybe primed, but had problems with the female armors legs. They don't want to stick. The male armors have been easier. Got one done, and just need to put the arms on the last 2.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Alpha, probably been suggested but generally with heavier "metal" parts , I would suggest "pinning"

All you need is a pin vice drill and some paper clips you can cut to size. There should be a lot of helpful demos on You Tube, to help if you are not sure.

There is also a very good vid showing pinning for the plastics, by the Palladium Strike Team - if any are lurking thanks for this it had some great tips
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Alpha, probably been suggested but generally with heavier "metal" parts , I would suggest "pinning"

All you need is a pin vice drill and some paper clips you can cut to size. There should be a lot of helpful demos on You Tube, to help if you are not sure.

There is also a very good vid showing pinning for the plastics, by the Palladium Strike Team - if any are lurking thanks for this it had some great tips

I've been wandering how to really pin the like that. But didn't know how. Thanks for the ideals and were to look! :D
In other news. Got the last 2 male armors done. Got all 3 primed. Got 3 more battle pods painted. And got 1 female power armor completely done!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Spoke to soon on the female power armor. Arms won't stay on. Trying to pin them now. Will leave them over night to see if it stays. Seems to be working better, though, but still not very confident. Will be looking for different glue and getting some green stuff, I think its called. Got the 2 Telnesta painted and started painted the male armors. If you don't know, Palladium has put the cards out for these armor on drivethewrpg.com. Looks like I got the right amount to use the cards! :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got different glue and some..., poxy or something. You take equal amounts of this puddy stuff, mix it together, and it's suppose to help hold things together. The person on the youtube video called his green stuff. Found the closes thing to it at Hobby Loby. Its going slower, but with this new glue, the poxy, and the pins, they seem to be holding. So back to one female armor being done and one leg each, on the last 2.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, got the last 2 female armors basicly done. All legs and arms are done. Just got to get them on the stands. Got the heavy arty pods mostly done. Just some touch ups and they will be done.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Female armors done and primed! Male armors painted! And finished the touch ups on the heavy arty pods.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sorry for the delay, but got the 3 female armors painted on Sat.
Alpha 11
Palladin

:oops: Long time no update. Just going to continue this tread here and not start a new one. Hope that's ok. Anyways, got another 3 battle pods built, and got a VF-1A painted in Rick Hunter colors. Going to be making an all star squadron for a game coming up.
Alpha 11
Palladin

And the horde grows some more. 3 more battle pods done!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Kept on forgetting to update. Really hopping this game don't fall through. Its going to be big. With 600 points worth of stuff. There's going to be a lot of characters in this game, some of them being fan made and conventional ground forces. ( You know Palladium, if you'd just release the official ones, I won't have to be using the fan made ones. ) Ben's VF in all 3 modes are painted. Jack Archer for Battlecry will also be there ( 3 modes are painted ), along with Izzy. Already have a green squadron, so will be taking one of the A's from that one to be hers. Also 3 more pods build along with 6 others that I'm planning to make into arty pods and Telnesa pods. Lastly got a Recon and an Officer Pods done.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Primed 6 Pods, 1 scout, 4 light artys, and one officer. Also put magnets in the lights. And did it all yesterday.
Drachnien
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachnien »

Would love to see pictures of the forces building up, group shot with each new thing added in a you go. While it's impressive seeing a we'll painted figure I find it more impressive to see a fully painted army. It's what I fail to do ;)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Drachnien wrote:Would love to see pictures of the forces building up, group shot with each new thing added in a you go. While it's impressive seeing a we'll painted figure I find it more impressive to see a fully painted army. It's what I fail to do ;)

Ya, I need to get back to taking some pictures, and will try and take some in the future. As for today, got 3 BP's painted and got the tanks and IFV's primed. Before anyone asks, I'm using some ones home rules on conventional vehicles, SINCE Palladium REFUSES to put out the ones they made. :x
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got my company of tanks painted yesterday. That will be 14 tanks. 3 platoons of 4 tanks each with a command section of 2. Got my other play mate that I'll be using in the game today. I'm really getting excited for this game. I just hope the 3 people who I convinced to play with me will like it also.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got my IFV's done! Will be using Bradley's. It will be a short company of 10. 2 platoons of 4 and a command section of 2. Now the fun part is coming up. Getting the infantry painted. Also got 1 Officer, 1 recon, 4 lights, and 3 pods left to paint. Last major thing to do is I want to make hills. And of course, I've never done that before, I just hope I can pick it up fast.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got my infantry primed yesterday and got the Officer Pod painted. Getting to the end.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Another pod is done, along with the recon pod.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Just a thought Alpha, if you are doing hill invest in a decent hot wire cutting tool, to trim the styrofoam insulation (the cheapest and quickest way to get hill made).

A knife will work,but it sure is messy.

The tool also comes in handy for other terrain projects such as creating ruins etc, so is a good investment
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

wilycoyote wrote:Just a thought Alpha, if you are doing hill invest in a decent hot wire cutting tool, to trim the styrofoam insulation (the cheapest and quickest way to get hill made).

The tool also comes in handy for other terrain projects such as creating ruins etc, so is a good investment

Not only is the knife messy during construction, it continues to be messy afterwards, as the styrofoam isn't properly sealed. The wire cutter Wiley suggests, melts the styrofoam (make sure your workspace is properly ventilated!), but seals and smooths the foam, making for a much more robust edging.

The other recommendation I'd make, for the same reason, is to bevel the edge, if you're making an angled cut. Makes it much more resistant to chipping, especially if the grade is low.

Code: Select all

Do this               Not this
___                      ___
   \                        \
_____|                   ______\
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Just a thought Alpha, if you are doing hill invest in a decent hot wire cutting tool, to trim the styrofoam insulation (the cheapest and quickest way to get hill made).

Morgan Vening wrote:

Not only is the knife messy during construction, it continues to be messy afterwards, as the styrofoam isn't properly sealed. The wire cutter Wiley suggests, melts the styrofoam (make sure your workspace is properly ventilated!), but seals and smooths the foam, making for a much more robust edging.

The other recommendation I'd make, for the same reason, is to bevel the edge, if you're making an angled cut. Makes it much more resistant to chipping, especially if the grade is low.

Code: Select all

Do this Not this
___ ___
\ \
\ \
\ \
_____| ______\

Wow, thanks guys! :D :ok: Anyways, miscounted on the battle pods, and only needed one more to paint, which I did yesterday, along with a light arty pod. Did the last 3 LA pods today. Only got the infantry left, and then some terrain, just a hill or two, then lastly print the buildings out. Its nice to do a little at a time and not have to rush it all at the end.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Got my infantry painted! Got some buildings printed out, but not all of them. Will need to cut them out and glue them together. Will be doing some hill making next week. Getting really excited for the game! :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, some buildings got done today, with some help. Also started looking into making hills also. Will start trying to put some together tommarrow.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Just did some minor things to get things finished up. Like making roads. :D Just cut up some gray fabric for a 4 lain highway ( for 2 lains going in both directions) and regular single lain. Finished marking up my mechs into units. And packing all the mechs and minis away in my bag that I'll be using to take them to were we will be playing. My plains for the hills didn't pan out. So going to have to buy some green fabric to put over the Styrofoam. That way I don't have to worry about cutting them into the hills. A lot easier in the long run. I'll most like will try to make some Styrofoam hills, but not today. Getting more excited! :D
Drachnien
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachnien »

Before you pack them away TAKE PICS !! would really love to see.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Drachnien wrote:Before you pack them away TAKE PICS !! would really love to see.

:oops: Sorry, already done, BUUUTTTTT, I'll be taking a lot of pictures when I set up and everything, and I'll be recording the game, so you will still get the pictures in the end! :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Just some final odds and ends were done today. Buildings done and some stuff printed out that will be need for the game. Hopefully I'll have some pictures ready for you all by sometime next week at the latest!
Alpha 11
Palladin

It's late here so I'll make it quick. The good news, the game got played! The bad news, we only made it 2 hole turn. :lol: :-( The 3 guys I got to play were new, plus it took longer to set things up, and I had gotten there an hour early to set up. They did enjoy themselves though. I don't think they will be buying anything soon, though. Though they are up for another game. I'll give more details later, and yes, pictures were taken.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Thought I'd give you all a run down on what was in the in game! And remember, this is 600 points!

Female Power armor squadron- 100 pts
-Miriya- 10 pts
-Azonia- 5 pts
-Kiyora- 15 pts

Artillery Squadron- 90 pts (with it was)

Male Power armor squad- 25 pts
-Khyron- 10 pts
- Maloquinn- 7 pts
-Polus-Mjor- 5 pts
-Particle Assult Rifles- 8 pts

and

Telnesta squad- 15 pts

Recon squadron- 70 pts
-Grell- 5 pts
-Pirion-Galarr- 20 pts

Attack Squadron- 80 pts
-Geroro- 10 pts
-Veteran Warriors- 20 pts

Attrition Squadron-70 pts
-Glaug- 20 pts
-reon pod- 15 pts

That's it for the Zentradie!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sorry, just kept putting this off and forgetting. Here is the RDF side:

Tank Squadron- 40 pts. x3 = 120 pts

Tank squad- 20 pts.

LIFV company - 40 pts. (Modified for 4 Bradlyes per plt. and only 2 plts in this company.)
-squads- 8 pts
-anti tank missles- 16 pts

LIVF (section, modified again, to just 2 Bradlyes)- 10 pts
-squad- 2 pts
-anti-tank missle- 4 pts

VF-Squadron- 80 pts
- Miriya- 10 pts
- Max- 10 pts
- Rick- 10 pts
- Ben- 10 pts
- Nose lasers- 5 pts
- VF-1S- 30 pts
-- Roy- 30 pts

VF-Squadron- 80 pts
- Jack Archer- 25 pts
- Issy- 10 pts

Brawler Squadron- 70 pts
- Dietrich- 10 pts
- Kain- 5 pts

Well, that's it! Now just need to get the few pictures that were taken downloaded and linked to you can see it all.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”