Splicers Rifter Article Index (Updated: MAY 2022)

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

Splicers Rifter Article Index (Updated: MAY 2022)

Unread post by Wooly »

My fellow Splice Heads,

I have done my best to compile all available Rifter Splicer articles as of May 2022 into this post. Please assist me in keeping this up to date and adding information if needed. Send me a Private Message if you would like to see this post updated.

The Splice must Flow!

- Wooly

Note: Rifter Magazine articles are listed in numbered issue order, not chronological order. As Rifter #0 was released in May 2008.

"Seven Years on Cerebus" Rifter #0 Pg. 13-35 (Downloadable only).
By Robert Lionheart. A huge crossover adventure for use with both Splicers and Rifts. Includes the AHAUGR ARTISAN R.C.C., AHAUGR BERSERKER R.C.C., AHAUGR ENGINEER R.C.C.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/921 ... =4816_5191

"Handheld Weapon Bio-Enhancements" Rifter #0 Pg. 36-47 (Downloadable only)
By Chris Kluge.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/921 ... =4816_5191

"New War Mounts & Hook, Line, & Sinker Adventures" Rifter #30 Pg. 47
By Chris Kluge. Art by Drunken Style Studio. New War Mounts including the Abomination, Black Talon War Hawk, Tunnel Rats, and others. Plus some Hook, Line & Sinker Adventures.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/607 ... =4816_5191

"The Wastes" Rifter #32 Pg. 20
By Chris Kluge. Art by Brian "the Man" Manning & Allen Manning. Provides delightfully wicked and Sinister O.C.C.s, beasts and trouble for Splicers"!. The Deliveryman is a Splicer O.C.C. who wanders the Wastes and battles a trio of Waste Crawlers - The Vulture, the Mount Rustler, and the Gene Thief. Brigands who prey upon Splicers and other humans. Includes special Splicer bio-equipment like Stealth Sheets, Second Skin and the Extracator, as well as an adventure.

"Great House Shiva, Part One" (Official Material) Rifter #37 Pg. 40
By Todd Yoho. Art by Brian and Alan Manning. Presents the Great House Shiva. The history behind House Shiva, its government, goals, dreams, and war machine.Also includes notable non-player characters, a pair of new O.C.C.s, the Naga Dancer and Pariah (aka the Betrayer), plus the host armor ofthe new O.c.c.s and a few new weapons.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/610 ... =4816_5191

"Great House Shiva, Part Two" (Official Material) Rifter #38 Pg. 14
By Todd Yoho. Art by Brian and Allen Manning. The War Mounts of House Shiva include the Agni Plasma Bird, Ganesh Personnel Carrier, Swoop Dragon, Naga Serpent and Nihilist Suicide Beast.

"Pinup of Senator Nicole Teigs" Rifter #43 Pg. 81
By Chris Kluge. Art by by Chuck Walton. Pinup art and new weapons.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/882 ... =4816_5191

"Megaversal Monster Showdown: Sansarakhana - The Devourer of the Earth - Colossal War Mount Rifter #44 Pg. 62-66
A titanic dooms day monster War mount lies in dormant in the bowels of House Shiva; waiting to be unleashed upon the Splicers world. [/b]
Author: Todd Yoho. Art by Brian Manning and Allen Manning.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/88242/The-Rifter-44

"Forced Choices" (Official Material) Rifter #50 Pg. 63
By Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr. Art by Chuck Walton. Official source material that includes three new O.C.C.s: Geneticist, Tormentor and Gardener. New Bio-enhancements and upgrades.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/102 ... =4816_5191

"Living Weapons" Rifter #51 Pg. 19
By Chuck Walton and Chris Kluge. Metamorph and Swarm Lord O.C.C.s and a ton of new powers for Splicers.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/102 ... -Rifter-51

"The Pack Mentality" Rifter #59 Pg. 18
By Brandon Aten and Michael Orr. Features the Packmaster O.C.C. and the genetically altered animals at his command.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/144 ... -Rifter-59

"House Pandorum" Rifter #60 Pg. 25-45
By Kris Tipping. House Pandorum is one of the Splicer clans making moves. Get details about the house itself and a host of new weapons, armor, mutants and monsters.
Available here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/145 ... -Rifter-60

"Splicers Beastiary" Rifter #66 Pg. 15
By Edward Sauerland. Art by Chuck Walton. A selection of strange creatures, monster creation tables and rules, the Ranger O.C.C. and more.
Available here: http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... er-66.html and http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/175 ... -Rifter-66

"House Pandorum: The Chaos Spreads" Rifter #67 Pg. 16
By Kris Tipping. Art by Charles “Splicers” Walton. House Pandorum is back, with new Gardener Biotic enhancements, unique plant creations, Template Biotics and more.
Available here: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... er-67.html and http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/191 ... -Rifter-67

"Blood and Iron" (Official Material) Rifter #70 Pg. 20
By Brandon Aten – the Technojacker revisited and expanded, and much more.
Available here: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... er-70.html

Rifter #71-72 (Double Issue)
Splicers® - I am Legion, Part One source material by Christopher Kluge and Charles Walton II; art by Charles Walton.

Rifter #73
Splicers® - I am Legion, Part Two, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley - "official" source material. The adventure continues as your heroes must deal with the plight of contending with the new Machine personality known as Legion. In this adventure, the player group is given instructions from the Warlord, himself, to learn more about this enemy, and if possible, use a special weapon to bring it down. But nothing ever works that easy. New War Mounts, O.C.C. upgrades, NPCs, and more, including the very first time a Splicer Warlord is ever statted out.

Rifter #74
Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Three, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – adventure plus “official” source material. The adventure continues as your heroes must deal with the new Machine personality known as Legion. In this adventure, the player group discovers a secret weapon facility of the Resistence. They will be introduced to a wide array of new Bio-Tech Weapons and Enhancements to prepare them for the ultimate showdown with Legion!

Rifter #75
Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Four, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. The adventure continues as Legion reveals part of her sinister plans to your heroes which brings this adventure to a fever pitch. Your heroes must make difficult decisions and must find a way to stop her and her array of deadly machines. Plenty of psychological and horrific terrors to face. Includes a horrifying new machine and more. Do not miss this new chapter as heroes fight against Legion and her army of deadly machines.

Rifter #76
I am Legion, Part V, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. The adventure continues and more secrets and dangers are revealed.

Rifter #77
I Am Legion, Episode VI. by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. The finale to the I Am Legion series started in #71-72 Special Issue. The adventure concludes, more secrets & creations are revealed.

Rifter #78
I Am Legion, Episode VII. by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. Supplemental material for the 'I Am Legion' series & Splicers RPG et. al.

Rifter #80, p. 44-84
House of the Red Sands. “official” source material, by Kris Tipping, Charles Walton & Kevin Siembieda. Details on one of the Desert dwelling Houses, House of the Red Sands, plus new War Mounts, weapons, Host Armors & a new Biotic type.
Last edited by Wooly on Mon May 02, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 56 times in total.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Re: Splicers Published Material Index

Unread post by Premier »

Wooly wrote:New War Mounts Rifter #30 Pg. 47
The Wastes Rifter #32 Pg. 20
Great House Shiva, Part One Rifter #37 Pg. 40
Great House Shiva, Part Two Rifter #38 Pg. 14
Pinup Senator Nicole Teigs Rifter #43 Pg. 81
Monster - Sansarakhaana Rifter #44 Pg. 62
Gardener, Tormentor, Geneticist O.C.C.s Rifter #50 Pg.
Metamorph & Swarm Lord O.C.C.s Rifter #51 Pg.

Thanks Wooly, This is a GREAT IDEA and we should make sure this is updated consistently.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

We should also include which ones are OFFICIAL, and which ones contain additional information.

Material in Rifter 37, 38, and 50 are official.
Rifters 30 has Hook Line and Sinker adventures.
Rifter 37 or 38 (38 I think) also has New OFFICIAL Bio-enhancements and weapons (like the betrayer blade and the pinak long bow)
Senator Tiegs in 43 has some new weapons on her armor which are pretty awesome.
Rifter 50 also has new OFFICIAL bio-Enhancements and upgrades (as well as a couple of rules clarifications in descriptions in order to fix some discrepancies in the original Splicers book)

...Oh, and Rifter 0 has additional Splicers personal weapons upgrades. The most recent list ove bio-e to include the newest O.C.C.s from Rifters 50 and 51 has been posted on this site over the past couple of weeks.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Why is this not Stickied?
The Galactus Kid

Jedrious wrote:Why is this not Stickied?

I was wondering the same thing
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:We should also include which ones are OFFICIAL, and which ones contain additional information.

The easiest way to remember is if I wrote it, then it's not official. :-D
The Galactus Kid

slappy wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:We should also include which ones are OFFICIAL, and which ones contain additional information.

The easiest way to remember is if I wrote it, then it's not official. :-D

...YET. :-D I'm looking forward to official Slappy entries into the Splicer-verse.

Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Splicers Published Material Index (Updated 5/2012)

Unread post by Wooly »

Can anyone provide page numbers for the Splicers Material in Rifter 50 and 51?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
The Galactus Kid

Wooly wrote:Can anyone provide page numbers for the Splicers Material in Rifter 50 and 51?

The name of the article in Rifter 50 is "Forced Choices" and it starts on page 63. 51 is "Living Weapons" and starts on page 19

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Wooly wrote:Can anyone provide page numbers for the Splicers Material in Rifter 50 and 51?

The name of the article in Rifter 50 is "Forced Choices" and it starts on page 63. 51 is "Living Weapons" and starts on page 19

Updated. Thank you!
The Galactus Kid

Rifter 59 will have the article "The Pack Mentality" regarding Packmasters and Gorehounds with some additional enhancemnents, gear and play options. No page numbers yet, since the issue is at the printer and not yet in my eager hands.

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifter 59 will have the article "The Pack Mentality" regarding Packmasters and Gorehounds with some additional enhancemnents, gear and play options. No page numbers yet, since the issue is at the printer and not yet in my eager hands.

I will be picking up this Rifter soon :D
The Dragon Has Spoken
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Need the page Number and article title/topic of the Rifter 59 Splicer material. I will pick up this issue later this week at GenCon.
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifter 59 will have the article "The Pack Mentality" regarding Packmasters and Gorehounds with some additional enhancemnents, gear and play options. No page numbers yet, since the issue is at the printer and not yet in my eager hands.

Rifter 59 - pages 18 through 30: the pack mentality

Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Splicers Published Material Index (Updated 9/2012)

Unread post by Wooly »

I will need the Rifter #60 Splicer article's name, very brief content synopsis and starting page number when available. The Splice must flow!
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Is this ruled as offical material?
The Galactus Kid

Wooly wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Is this ruled as offical material?

Not yet. Some version of it may be seeing print next year, in which case it would become so.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the stuff in Rifter 60 will not be official either.

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Rifter #60, pgs 25-45: House Pandorum (optional source material)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Could the list be amended with notations on what is official canon stuff and which is non-canon stuff? Hard to tell with Rifter.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Galactus Kid

Tor wrote:Could the list be amended with notations on what is official canon stuff and which is non-canon stuff? Hard to tell with Rifter.

Seven Years on Cerebus for Splicers Rifter #0 (Downloadable only)
New War Mounts & Hook, Line, & Sinker Adventures Rifter #30 Pg. 47
Great House Shiva, Part One (Offical Material) Rifter #37 Pg. 40
Great House Shiva, Part Two (Offical Material) Rifter #38 Pg. 14
"Forced Choices" Gardener, Tormentor, Geneticist O.C.C.s, Rules clarifications (Offical Material) Rifter #50 Pg. 63
"Living Weapons" Metamorph & Swarm Lord O.C.C.s Rifter #51 Pg. 19
"The Pack Mentality" Packmaster dog breeds & enhancements Rifter #59 Pg. 18
House Pandorum Rifter #60 Pg. 25-45
Splicers Beastiary Rifter #66 Pg. ??
Last edited by The Galactus Kid on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Eyes
Hero

Splicers Beastiary Rifter #64 Pg. ??

I actually missed a Rifter with Splicers stuff, i must see to it that i pick up #64 & #66
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:

I actually missed a Rifter with Splicers stuff, i must see to it that i pick up #64 & #66

Ooops. I meant 66. my bad.

Snake Eyes
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Man you scared me there, i thought i missed out on important Splicers info :lol:
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Man you scared me there, i thought i missed out on important Splicers info :lol:

hahahaha. No, you're good.

BookWyrm
Champion

Rifter #66, pgs.15-39; Splicers: The Beastiary (Optional Material)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
The Galactus Kid

Wooly wrote:Seven Years on Cerebus for Splicers Rifter #0 (Downloadable only)
New War Mounts & Hook, Line, & Sinker Adventures Rifter #30 Pg. 47
Great House Shiva, Part One (Offical Material) Rifter #37 Pg. 40
Great House Shiva, Part Two (Offical Material) Rifter #38 Pg. 14
"Forced Choices" Gardener, Tormentor, Geneticist O.C.C.s,
Rules clarifications (Offical Material) Rifter #50 Pg. 63
"Living Weapons" Metamorph & Swarm Lord O.C.C.s Rifter #51 Pg. 19
"The Pack Mentality" Packmaster dog breeds & enhancements Rifter #59 Pg. 18
House Pandorum (optional source material) Rifter #60, pgs 25-45
Splicers: The Beastiary (Optional Material) Rifter #66, pgs.15-39
House Pandorum 2 Rifter #67, pgs 16-42

EDIT, Up to date.

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Great Job Spliceheads!!!!! :-)
BookWyrm
Champion

Let the Splice Flow.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Wondering if OP might edit first post here bolding the (Official Material) parentheses so they stand out better. Actually since last edit was 2012 wondering if anything recent might be missing. I'll have a go at a re-org, this time listing rifter numbers first (0 at end since I don't know when it came out)...

Rifter #30 Pg. 47 New War Mounts & Hook, Line, & Sinker Adventures
Rifter #32 Pg. 20 The Wastes
Rifter #37 Pg. 40 Great House Shiva, Part One (OFFICIAL)
Rifter #38 Pg. 14 Great House Shiva, Part Two (OFFICIAL)

Rifter #43 Pg. 81 Pinup Senator Nicole Teigs
Rifter #44 Pg. 62 Monster - Sansarakhaana
Rifter #50 Pg. 63 "Forced Choices" Gardener, Tormentor, Geneticist O.C.C.s, Rules clarifications (OFFICIAL)
Rifter #51 Pg. 19 "Living Weapons" Metamorph & Swarm Lord O.C.C.s
Rifter #59 Pg. 18 "The Pack Mentality" Packmaster dog breeds & enhancements
Rifter #60 Pg. ?? Splicer Article (Yet to be published)
?
Rifter #0 (Downloadable only) Seven Years on Cerebus for Splicers

If we know first-print dates I'd like to re-classify rifter 0 as a "Rifter XX.5" type deal for relative ordering.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

So...Rifters 37, 38, 50 and 70 are the wheat from the chaff.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
The Galactus Kid

Rifter #70: Blood and Iron Preview (OFFICIAL)

The Galactus Kid

Kagashi wrote:So...Rifters 37, 38, 50 and 70 are the wheat from the chaff.

I don't know if I would go that far, Kag. Personally I love the information in #51, #59 and #0. We even included the Rifter #0 stuff in the Genetic Expressions Manuscript with permission from Slappy.

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Kagashi wrote:So...Rifters 37, 38, 50 and 70 are the wheat from the chaff.

I don't know if I would go that far, Kag. Personally I love the information in #51, #59 and #0. We even included the Rifter #0 stuff in the Genetic Expressions Manuscript with permission from Slappy.

Not to take anything away from those sources, but liking or disliking material is irrelevant. Its either canon or...not. I personally only keep up with official material. Why? Because the next set of source material can only build upon official material to maintain a single continuity. This helps in the modern world of play-by-post/email gaming where you don't necessarily play with a core group of friends for the past 10 years of Saturday nights and understand all of their individual points of view. By maintaining official material only, you have a common reference point which nobody can debate. So, not that the unofficial stuff isn't good, exciting, well written, or otherwise awesome...its just irrelevant to my needs. Therefore I am happy initiative was put into this thread to delineate what was official and what wasn't.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
The Galactus Kid

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Well, let me assure you that the material in the issues I mentioned is well on it's way to becoming official material across various sourcebooks, so you'll have it one way or another. hahaha

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

Kagashi wrote:Not to take anything away from those sources, but liking or disliking material is irrelevant. Its either canon or...not. I personally only keep up with official material. Why? Because the next set of source material can only build upon official material to maintain a single continuity. This helps in the modern world of play-by-post/email gaming where you don't necessarily play with a core group of friends for the past 10 years of Saturday nights and understand all of their individual points of view. By maintaining official material only, you have a common reference point which nobody can debate. So, not that the unofficial stuff isn't good, exciting, well written, or otherwise awesome...its just irrelevant to my needs. Therefore I am happy initiative was put into this thread to delineate what was official and what wasn't.

I wont get upset that you dont even look at my House Pandorum article, only because its optional source material ;) :-D
connecting the dots
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

LOL, I looked at it. I just dont use it.
Updated Aug 2015
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Kagashi wrote:LOL, I looked at it. I just dont use it.

Your loss mate :P :D
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

It's good stuff

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:It's good stuff

Thanks mate :)

and I shall return the compliment. Your work is always impressive!
connecting the dots
BookWyrm
Champion

That's the great part of such material being optional. One GM can choose not to use it, while another would. If both GMs are using the same campaign, just say the used-optional material was a 'prototype' being field tested.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

krispy wrote:

When I submitted House Pandorum... it was me that wrote Optional Source Material... not PB ... i didnt think it would be such a big deal... because I see all material as optional. Your game is your game, and you can pick and choose what you want to put in your game (there is stuff from the MB that i dont use in my game). So I wrote optional, because if you didnt like the material, then you didnt have to use it. not because it is less important that other Splicers material ..... PB still liked it , and they chose to publish it in their book.
connecting the dots
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

krispy wrote:
krispy wrote:

When I submitted House Pandorum... it was me that wrote Optional Source Material... not PB ... i didnt think it would be such a big deal... because I see all material as optional. Your game is your game, and you can pick and choose what you want to put in your game (there is stuff from the MB that i dont use in my game). So I wrote optional, because if you didnt like the material, then you didnt have to use it. not because it is less important that other Splicers material ..... PB still liked it , and they chose to publish it in their book.

With that outlook, it shouldn't be a big deal anyway...right? Shouldn't matter what I think. No need to dwell on it.

However, I see that outlook as a cop out. Its either a rule, or it isn't. Its either canon, or it isn't. Rules and official material are commitments. Official material follows through with ideas. It shows the author standing by his words. Optional or Unofficial material is a collection of potentially good ideas, but if it isn't...it's "okay because its just optional".

It's like an artist who draws very lightly in pencil, afraid to commit to a deliberate heavy stroke because he would be unable to erase completely.

Note, none of those aspects means the work, official or unofficial, is neither good nor bad. There are plenty of examples of bad official work (contradictions in continuity, source material, lack of research of other sources, etc...). Your submission was good enough to be official, but you artificially capped its potential before it could even see it's maximum.
Updated Aug 2015
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Kagashi wrote:
krispy wrote:
krispy wrote:

With that outlook, it shouldn't be a big deal anyway...right? Shouldn't matter what I think. No need to dwell on it.

However, I see that outlook as a cop out. Its either a rule, or it isn't. Its either canon, or it isn't. Rules and official material are commitments. Official material follows through with ideas. It shows the author standing by his words. Optional or Unofficial material is a collection of potentially good ideas, but if it isn't...it's "okay because its just optional".

It's like an artist who draws very lightly in pencil, afraid to commit to a deliberate heavy stroke because he would be unable to erase completely.

Note, none of those aspects means the work, official or unofficial, is neither good nor bad. There are plenty of examples of bad official work (contradictions in continuity, source material, lack of research of other sources, etc...). Your submission was good enough to be official, but you artificially capped its potential before it could even see it's maximum.

When I submit House of the Red Sands, I wont write optional :)

Maybe in the future i will consolidate all my Houses (Pandorum, Necrys, Myre, Skyrus & Lebryntha) and submit it as a sourcebook :)
connecting the dots
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

krispy wrote:
Kagashi wrote:
krispy wrote:
krispy wrote:

When I submit House of the Red Sands, I wont write optional :)

Maybe in the future i will consolidate all my Houses (Pandorum, Necrys, Myre, Skyrus & Lebryntha) and submit it as a sourcebook :)

That sounds amazing and I'd love to see it. Best of luck!

Regardless, thanks for contributing to the world of Spicers thus far, regardless of official or unofficial tags. I do appreciate it.
Updated Aug 2015
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Tor wrote:Wondering if OP might edit first post here bolding the (Official Material) parentheses so they stand out better. Actually since last edit was 2012 wondering if anything recent might be missing. I'll have a go at a re-org, this time listing rifter numbers first (0 at end since I don't know when it came out)... <SNIP>

Rifter #0 came out in May 2008. I have elected to list articles by issue number rather then chronologically.

Edited to to get up to date. Sorry I don't check this thread often enough. :)

Could anyone provide page numbers for the following Rifter articles:

Splicers Beastiary. Rifter #66 Pg. ??
House Pandorum: The Chaos Spreads. Rifter #67 Pg. ??
Blood and Iron. (Official Material) Rifter #70 Pg. ??
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Wooly wrote:

Splicers Beastiary. Rifter #66 Pg. 15
Blood and Iron. (Official Material) Rifter #70 Pg. 20

I don't have #67 on me at the moment.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

NMI wrote:
Wooly wrote:

Splicers Beastiary. Rifter #66 Pg. 15
Blood and Iron. (Official Material) Rifter #70 Pg. 20

I don't have #67 on me at the moment.

Thank you. Updated.
The Galactus Kid

Re: Splicers Published Material Index (Updated 6/2015)

Wooly wrote:"Pinup of Senator Nicole Teigs" Rifter #43 Pg. 81
By ?? Art by by Chuck Walton. Pinup art and new weapons.

"Monster - Sansarakhaana" Rifter #44 Pg. 62
Need author and/or illustrator and article synopsis.

Senator Tiegs was written by Chris Kluge. The original is framed and on my wall, if that matters.

Sansarakhaana was done by Brian and Allen Manning. Todd Yoho wrote it.
Last edited by The Galactus Kid on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Re: Splicers Rifter Article Index (Updated: 6/2015)

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

Have you guys thought of doing a Splicers pack at conventions? The core book and all the Rifter's that have splicers materials?

That is something I would buy even already owning half of the books on the list.
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Splicers Rifter Article Index (Updated: 6/2015)

Unread post by Wooly »

I went ahead and added links to where you can purchase all of the aforementioned issues containing Rifter issues with Splicers articles. Rifters 0-63 are available from DrivethruRPG.com/RPGNow.com which are the same website and company.

Rifter issues after 63 can be purchased directly from Palladium Books store in hard copy only.

Return to “Splicers®”