GenCon 2015 Promos

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

usurperone
D-Bee

GenCon 2015 Promos

Unread post by usurperone »

Just learned of the three promos this year for the convention, Miriya in a Super Veritech, Breetai in heavy armor, and Grell in power armor (ALL of which will be simultaneously offered to Kickstarter backers. :D :D :D

A few questions:

1) Will there be a very limited amount available everyday?
2) Will we be able to buy all 3 at once?
3) What media will the be resin, pewter, plastic or mixed?
4) And finally what'll they gonna set us back?
Forar
Hero

Re: GenCon 2015 Promos

Unread post by Forar »

I'm guessing they'll be pewter, maybe some resin, but definitely not plastic.

The lead time and mold costs make plastic highly unattractive for a figure they may only make a few thousand of.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

usurperone wrote:Just learned of the three promos this year for the convention, Miriya in a Super Veritech, Breetai in heavy armor, and Grell in power armor (ALL of which will be simultaneously offered to Kickstarter backers. :D :D :D
Well, probably not simultaneously. But at least eventually. Given shipping costs, it's unlikely that it'll ship until Wave 2, unless PB offer an expedited shipping plan.

Also, it should be noted that Miriya SValk is ONLY the Guardian/Gerwalk version. So she'll be incomplete to field until the SValk is released.

usurperone wrote:A few questions:

1) Will there be a very limited amount available everyday?
2) Will we be able to buy all 3 at once?
3) What media will the be resin, pewter, plastic or mixed?
4) And finally what'll they gonna set us back?

1- It depends on the lead time. This was hinted at a couple of months back, whereas as far as I can tell, the original Max/Miriya wasn't announced until June 14th PBWU. So, assuming they can get their thumbs out, unless they want to make them artificially scarce, or demand severely outstrips supply, they shouldn't be limited. Because they'd be wise to overprint, and then if they didn't sell out, they can use the excess as stock for the KS fulfillments.

2- I'd expect so, unless they do a staggered release in an attempt to gin up booth visits, or if supply is an issue, which it shouldn't be.

3- As Forar pointed out, it's unlikely to be plastic. Personally, I'd wager they're going to be metal, purely because I expect this'll be the first joint venture with GHQ, and AFAIK, they work almost exclusively in metal.

4- I believe the previous models were $20 apiece? Whatever, I'd expect these to be more. Two years on (inflationary costs), and these (especially Miriya's SValk and Breetai if done to scale) are going to be significantly larger than the previous two, and with that comes the issue of materials. In a plastic model, the materials are a tiny fraction of the cost, the mold being very expensive. In a metal model, even one only intended for a short run, these ratios while not reversed, definitely come closer to parity.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

It would be cool if they offered these as web exclusives through their webpage as well. I won't be able to make GenCon this year...so I have to find out if one of my friend's can buy them for me while he's there.
Summersnow
D-Bee

Unread post by Summersnow »

And again.

Why are we getting RRT news from second hand sources as incomplete "rumors and innuendo" instead of an actual, honest to god update???

They need to stop treating the people that gave them 1.4 MILLION dollars to make this happen like garbage and give us information instead of "soon" especially if they feel they have to leak the news to other people as "rumors and innuendo" instead.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

This isn't info, it's speculation/conjecture.

They gave us a proper update about the existence of 3 new promo figures, some of us are just extrapolating from what happened over the last 2 years to give opinion as to what will happen.

In theory, maybe we'll hear some particulars in the OMG Super Mega Hyper Alpha Tournament Edition Update that's supposed to land this week.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it sounds like it's something they have put time and effort into, and Gencon is only 2 months away.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Forar, you are right that the only confirmed news is the three new figures and the re release of Max and Miryna.

Given Wayne hinted heavily in the last "update" that was something for backers, I am still not convinced it will be anything fo ron US residents and those who do not attend Gencon, to get excited about. Figure cost plus what is likely to be high postage if these are shipped separately - did you really want to wait till next year to get them - I suspect will put off potential buyers

Even though these are promo pieces it does smack a little at trying to get that extra few dollars into the bank account.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

Anyone on here a KS backer and would be willing to place an order on my behalf? I can't make GenCon this year...and I'm interested in getting several of the promo models.
Huckebeinmk2
D-Bee

Unread post by Huckebeinmk2 »

Hi

I'm a french backer and I ordered minis.
I'd'like to know when the parcells will be sent, will it be before or after the Gencon ?

Thanks.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”