Dodge.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snow Hawk
Explorer

Dodge.

Unread post by Snow Hawk »

Ok, how many attacks can someone with an atododge attempt to dodge in one action?
In the book it says specifically that that a parry can only be used against 3 attacks, any more can not be parryed.
Now since these two actions work essentially the same, so should I restrict the atododge in the same way? How do you handle this?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Dodge.

Unread post by say652 »

I allow A seperate AutoDodge to be used unlimited times, remember A Roll with Impact uses an action. So area effect becomed very very useful when facing nimble enemies.

Also certain characters, enhanced speed powers, Juicers and Crazies and other mad fast types should, in my opinion be able to Autoparry as many attacks that come at them a melee round.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Snow Hawk wrote:Ok, how many attacks can someone with an atododge attempt to dodge in one action?
In the book it says specifically that that a parry can only be used against 3 attacks, any more can not be parryed.
Now since these two actions work essentially the same, so should I restrict the atododge in the same way? How do you handle this?

Autododge does not work quite like an Autoparry. Or rather, it works only like the auto part of the autoparry, just as a dodge. a DODGE can explictly be aginst any number of attakers in a round. a Parry can only be aginst up to 3 different opponents. Dodges and Autododges do not have this limitation.

Yes, this means a juicer can attempt to dodge 100 people all firing at him at once.

No, that dosn't mean it'll work--Some of those people are going to roll high enough to hit, or just roll natural 20's.

But this is ALSO why only bonuses to Autododge and PP apply to dodge, while Automatic parry gets any number of bonuses to parry. Autododge is intended to be FAR more powerful, and so it gets lower bonuses as a limit, so while you CAN try to dodge dozens of people at once, it's very very unlikely to save you in the end.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Snow Hawk wrote: Dodge.

Ho-Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! THRUST! *whacks self with quarterstaff on rebound*
*recovers*
Let's try that again......
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Snow Hawk wrote:Ok, how many attacks can someone with an atododge attempt to dodge in one action?

I would place it at Once per attack rotation, one roll vs all attacks, in any setting except the N&S/MC setting , which has it's own set of rules about multiple attackers.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Snow Hawk
Explorer

Thank you all for your input, but I have to say I don't like any of your answers so I have written up my own solution. I am going to play test it this Saturday, I will type it here if I like how it turns out.
So thanks again for your replies.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

As I understand it, a character may dodge as many attacks as are incoming, as long as they can perceive them (no dodging sneak attacks and attacks from behind). They're even able to forfeit actions off their next melee round; it also puts them at the bottom of the initiative order, and more likely to need to dodge again. From the example combat on RUE p.341-342, it is apparent that this is by design. A character who must dodge ends up on the defensive and it is difficult for them to get off of it without taking a blow.

Autododge is very much a super-power because it completely disrupts the normal expectations of combat. Even being targeted by dozens of blows will not put a juicer of the pace of combat or force him to retreat, as it would more typical soldiers. Hence why it is a fairly rare ability. I recommend against nerfing it. Doing so undermines a big part of what makes characters with the ability special.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

BookWyrm wrote:

Ho-Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! THRUST! *whacks self with quarterstaff on rebound*
*recovers*

:lol: :lol: :lol: Daffy Duck...a classic
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Mr. Jays wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:

*recovers*

:lol: :lol: :lol: Daffy Duck...a classic

I know, I couldn't resist.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Snow Hawk wrote:Thank you all for your input, but I have to say I don't like any of your answers so I have written up my own solution. I am going to play test it this Saturday, I will type it here if I like how it turns out.

The book doesn't limit auto dodge. Though I limit it to 3 attacks just like parry, and I don't allow auto dodge vs area effect attacks.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Snow Hawk
Explorer

Alrik Vas wrote:
Snow Hawk wrote:Thank you all for your input, but I have to say I don't like any of your answers so I have written up my own solution. I am going to play test it this Saturday, I will type it here if I like how it turns out.

The book doesn't limit auto dodge. Though I limit it to 3 attacks just like parry, and I don't allow auto dodge vs area effect attacks.

This is close to what I am going to do. I am glad that at least someone other than me thinks that it needs to be limited, thank you.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I play it unlimited and correct about area effect bypassing an Autododge.
Now remember these Quicksters often have frontline combat skills and lottle else, Skill checks can ruin an unprepared Munchkins day.
And most importantly traps, all types every where you can think of. Nothing super deadly but enough to put the hurt on them.
And finally poison while again frontliners normally have a high pe, just use multiple doses or increaSe potency to work aroynd that.
Or use magic, magic, magic!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Snow Hawk wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:

This is close to what I am going to do. I am glad that at least someone other than me thinks that it needs to be limited, thank you.

No problem. Just remember, only AoE...technically a mini-missile (rocket attack, straight line) isn't always area effect, especially if you allow called shots with them. Just think about how the attack will effect the area around the target as a guideline.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Alrik Vas wrote:
Snow Hawk wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:

No problem. Just remember, only AoE...technically a mini-missile (rocket attack, straight line) isn't always area effect, especially if you allow called shots with them. Just think about how the attack will effect the area around the target as a guideline.

actually a missile attack always will be because of the blast radius.. it's just some blast radii are small enough to escape before the missile hits (like AP missiles), while others aren't. generally minimissiles can be dodged because they have small enough blast radii that most chars can cover that much distance in one action. the bigger missiles however tend to have big enough blast radii that you can't escape the blast even if you do manage to dodge it.. you'd still take half damage.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alrik Vas
Knight

I'm taking about level terrain, firing a rocket at a target, they dodge and it goes wide, traveling the rest of it's range before exploding.

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

There is a (power specific) limit to Autododging in the super power Slow Motion Control. Basically you an autodoge....but only three attacks that are 'simultaneous'.....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Autododge does not work quite like an Autoparry. Or rather, it works only like the auto part of the autoparry, just as a dodge. a DODGE can explictly be aginst any number of attakers in a round. a Parry can only be aginst up to 3 different opponents. Dodges and Autododges do not have this limitation.

Yes, this means a juicer can attempt to dodge 100 people all firing at him at once.

No, that dosn't mean it'll work--Some of those people are going to roll high enough to hit, or just roll natural 20's.

But this is ALSO why only bonuses to Autododge and PP apply to dodge, while Automatic parry gets any number of bonuses to parry. Autododge is intended to be FAR more powerful, and so it gets lower bonuses as a limit, so while you CAN try to dodge dozens of people at once, it's very very unlikely to save you in the end.

I'll stick with the Fairy :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Crow Splat
Explorer

Unread post by Crow Splat »

The Hellion Skelebot get auto dodge based on its constant bobbing and weaving movement. I view most auto dodge attempts like that.

Basically you aren't consciously trying to move out of the way, rather your natural movement is so quick or unpredictable that you have a chance to have completely moved out of the way without even trying.

That is why I don't put a limit on it.
Alrik Vas
Knight

If all your doing is bobbing and weaving while you run about shooting at things...

That isn't dodging.

It's called evasive action. Moving about gives enemies penalties to hit you, and you take similar penalties to attack while doing so.

An automatic dodge is different. You are dodging, you are purposely moving out of the way, but you move so deftly it doesn't interfere with your ability to attack.

It's like automatic parry. Same principle.

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Like many have said, auto-dodge is unlimited as long as the character is aware of the attack essentially. Besides, how many people you having attack at one time?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:If all your doing is bobbing and weaving while you run about shooting at things...

That isn't dodging.

It's called evasive action. Moving about gives enemies penalties to hit you, and you take similar penalties to attack while doing so.

An automatic dodge is different. You are dodging, you are purposely moving out of the way, but you move so deftly it doesn't interfere with your ability to attack.

It's like automatic parry. Same principle.

If you get an automatic dodge because of your bobbing and weaving then I am going to have to say that......
Bobbing and weaving can be an automatic dodge. :D
Especially since there isn't an 'evasive action' maneuver in the game (for non-pilots). Which sort of means that with out the GM making up a house rule then it has no in game effect....or it didn't tell the various things in the game that did just that were said to get an automatic dodge......
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Alrik Vas
Knight

Boxing doesn't give you an automatic dodge, it teaches bob and weave. And if you get it by doing so...how does it work with dodging gun fire, explosions, gas attacks, etc?

And if you are going with the usual, "the rules say so", then don't bother posting. I'm not being harsh, but I'm asking because I actually want to hear a reasonable explanation.

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:Boxing doesn't give you an automatic dodge, it teaches bob and weave. And if you get it by doing so...how does it work with dodging gun fire, explosions, gas attacks, etc?

And if you are going with the usual, "the rules say so", then don't bother posting. I'm not being harsh, but I'm asking because I actually want to hear a reasonable explanation.

Because every version of automatic dodge that has a description of how it works is based on the fact that the dodger is constantly in motion and thus is such a hard target to hit that they tend to automatically generate misses? I.e. the aforementioned skellbots, and Juicers. This suggests to me that yes in fact you can generate a miss aka dodge by moving constantly in such a way as to be unpredictable and thus throw off the aim of your opponent and make them miss you.
Some things don't do this as much as other things (just give a bonus to dodge) and to be honest Boxing in RL and the Boxing skill in game are only loosely related. Just as RL boxing does not help people be better fighter pilots, or teach people how to knock out people with katanas (both of which the skill does) I am going to be willing to say that the game and Real Life are going to have to be different. Of course we could go with the argument that his must be a completely deterministic reality simulation that exactly models in all respects the real world in all things.....but that would not be the Game As Written and thus its sort of irrelevant to the discussion.

<Edit>
A note here, the entire idea of being able to 'dodge' a bullet, a laser, a lightning bolt, or many other things that can be dodged in the game is unrealistic. Since a basic premise of the rules though is that these things can be dodged (albeit at a penalty many times) it follows that the 'reality' being discussed in the games is not the same 'reality' as the Real World. If we want to argue if the Rules As Written should be thrown out and rewritten, or even if we want to discuss if the core combat mechanics should be rewritten that is a possible other topic of discussion...but for right now I will sort of assume that dodging is, in fact possible. And I will go from there.

Alrik Vas
Knight

I agree of course with reality and your statement in the edit you made.

As to generating a miss vs dodging, there's a difference. I understand the intent of what is written in Palladium's explanation, but the literal writing of it couldn't apply to much of anything outside of the meta mechanic as a result, which creates a difficult translation of the rules to the action.

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:I agree of course with reality and your statement in the edit you made.

As to generating a miss vs dodging, there's a difference. I understand the intent of what is written in Palladium's explanation, but the literal writing of it couldn't apply to much of anything outside of the meta mechanic as a result, which creates a difficult translation of the rules to the action.

Except that all of those "dodges" against those lasers, bullets, lightning bolts et multiple cetera would have to be either generating misses, or we have to assume some sort of matrix like reality....because you cant dodge a beam of light. But the game system allows it, thus we are left with two options
1) we can accept that dodging lasers is mechanically possible and figure out how this can work (generating misses "good thing I zigged instead of zagged or that would have hit me!")
or
2) we can assume that some how in the universe people can retroactively decide if they don't want to get hit by lasers and the like and get to rewind time and try to evade it (rigorous enforcement of the dodge mechanics as being actual laws of physics)

I find #2 to be rather unpalatable unless I am playing TOON so I go with option #1 and just describe what the mechanics call dodges as evasions, luck, bobbing, generated misses, harmless ricochet, or what ever else fits the narrative of "attack fails to hit target"

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Answering the op.
A character with auto dodge may attempt to dodge any attack they can see coming.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Conversion book 1 has a good write up on dodge, and explains how someone could dodge a laser/bullet. Your dodging the laser per say, you are watching for subtle cues from the attacker and moving before he attacks. There are more details in the book. I know it's in the original conversion book 1, but I'm not sure about the revised edition.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Tags wrote:Conversion book 1 has a good write up on dodge, and explains how someone could dodge a laser/bullet. Your dodging the laser per say, you are watching for subtle cues from the attacker and moving before he attacks. There are more details in the book. I know it's in the original conversion book 1, but I'm not sure about the revised edition.

Yep works great....right up until you have people dodging lighting bolts from the sky, invisible attackers, and juicers get to auto-dodge lasers from behind and.....
But yes that is exactly what I am talking about...you use narrative to fill in "why this works" (this is known on Sci-Fi as Techno Babble).

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Dealt with invisible attackers in Shadowrun, my character wears a stealth suit, so the basically ruled that of you can't see the attack coming you can't dodge, personally I would just carry that over to Rifts, and use it in extreme situations, invisible, lighting from the sky and so on.

As to Juicers, well that sounds like something that "seemed like a good idea at the time." Seems the options would be limited in that regard, GM could always replace the ability. That way realism can be maintained, and the juicers still have an advantage.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Tags wrote:Dealt with invisible attackers in Shadowrun, my character wears a stealth suit, so the basically ruled that of you can't see the attack coming you can't dodge, personally I would just carry that over to Rifts, and use it in extreme situations, invisible, lighting from the sky and so on.

As to Juicers, well that sounds like something that "seemed like a good idea at the time." Seems the options would be limited in that regard, GM could always replace the ability. That way realism can be maintained, and the juicers still have an advantage.

True one can always substitute the Rules As Written with their own House Rules.
But if we are talking about personal house rules to make the setting make the most personal sense it quickly devolves into more or less a rewrite of the whole system as virtually every rule has someone that thinks there is a better house rule way of doing it.
Which was why I was clear that I was talking about trying to offer an explanation of how the actual RAW could work, and not trying to offer a new set of house rules that 'fix' the 'problems' that I saw.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Well it's impossible for the rules to cover every situation... Aww well (shrugs) Such is life.

H. P. Lovecraft
Alrik Vas
Knight

eliakon wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:I agree of course with reality and your statement in the edit you made.

Except that all of those "dodges" against those lasers, bullets, lightning bolts et multiple cetera would have to be either generating misses, or we have to assume some sort of matrix like reality....because you cant dodge a beam of light. But the game system allows it, thus we are left with two options
1) we can accept that dodging lasers is mechanically possible and figure out how this can work (generating misses "good thing I zigged instead of zagged or that would have hit me!")
or
2) we can assume that some how in the universe people can retroactively decide if they don't want to get hit by lasers and the like and get to rewind time and try to evade it (rigorous enforcement of the dodge mechanics as being actual laws of physics)

I find #2 to be rather unpalatable unless I am playing TOON so I go with option #1 and just describe what the mechanics call dodges as evasions, luck, bobbing, generated misses, harmless ricochet, or what ever else fits the narrative of "attack fails to hit target"

Except there are ways of "generating misses" that aren't "dodges", like moving very fast, which is being in constant motion also, but isn't automatic for anyone regardless.

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:
eliakon wrote:

or

Except there are ways of "generating misses" that aren't "dodges", like moving very fast, which is being in constant motion also, but isn't automatic for anyone regardless.

Yes. I am not saying that all 'generating misses' are dodges. I am saying that some automatic dodges may work by generating a miss. I am saying this because the book text says that in at least two cases something gets automatic dodge because they are in constant motion.
Some automatic dodges will be "nah, I don't think I will let you hit me" some will be "darn that guy keeps moving" some might be "ooh a penny" *woosh*......the exact cause of the dodge don't matter much. What matters mechanically is that the attacker rolls a strike roll (1d20+ any applicable bonuses) if this is a hit (4+ in melee, 8+ in ranged combat) then (and only then) the defender may choose to now opt to use a defense. One of these defenses may be a dodge (which comes in both regular and automatic flavors). If they choose to use the automatic dodge then they roll 1d20 and add in any applicable bonuses. If this number is higher than the opponents strike roll then the attack does not hit and was dodged.
The exact reason that it was dodged though is not specified in the rules. That is part of the narrative that needs to be worked out at the table at that moment.

Alrik Vas
Knight

That's a very long winded way of reiterating "the rules say so" mantra.

I don't disagree entirely, but I was looking for something else. Guess I'll just leave it like this and do it the way that makes sense to me.

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:That's a very long winded way of reiterating "the rules say so" mantra.

I don't disagree entirely, but I was looking for something else. Guess I'll just leave it like this and do it the way that makes sense to me.

If you want to take it that way fine.
Its trying to say that we have to be willing to look at what the dice/rules come up mechanically and translate that into what happens action wise (otherwise we get back to the silly world of dodges literally rewinding time to un-hit people....)
And in that view since all dodges by their very nature will be generating a miss (in some way or other) we just have to figure out (assuming it matters to the group) what specific action caused the specific miss to be generated. Bob and weave, turn at the last second, raw luck....what ever it is something made you miss. This is especially important because what a dodge from a juicer, a dodge from a Drunken Boxing martial artist, and a dodge from a skelebot probably will all look like different things, even though mechanically they are identical. We can either change the narration of it to give them the different color/flavor....or we can rewrite the rules to make each dodge unique....

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

eliakon wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:That's a very long winded way of reiterating "the rules say so" mantra.

Its trying to say that we have to be willing to look at what the dice/rules come up mechanically and translate that into what happens action wise (otherwise we get back to the silly world of dodges literally rewinding time to un-hit people....)
And in that view since all dodges by their very nature will be generating a miss (in some way or other) we just have to figure out (assuming it matters to the group) what specific action caused the specific miss to be generated. Bob and weave, turn at the last second, raw luck....what ever it is something made you miss. This is especially important because what a dodge from a juicer, a dodge from a Drunken Boxing martial artist, and a dodge from a skelebot probably will all look like different things, even though mechanically they are identical. We can either change the narration of it to give them the different color/flavor....or we can rewrite the rules to make each dodge unique....
I am not seeing where the "rewinding of time" is coming from...
when a combat exchange is made both attacker and defenders rolls are technically determined simultaneously. (Think of the exchange as a moment of frozen time until all dice have been rolled and all bonuses applied.)
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Damian Magecraft wrote:
eliakon wrote:

I am not seeing where the "rewinding of time" is coming from...
when a combat exchange is made both attacker and defenders rolls are technically determined simultaneously. (Think of the exchange as a moment of frozen time until all dice have been rolled and all bonuses applied.)

As I pointed out that if we want to be hyper literal about how this works then you can not try to dodge an attack unless it has already hit you. I know that this is just a mechanics issue. I know that. But my point is that it is impossible to say that some parts of the system should just be looked at and given a 'well that's just how the mechanics work' pass and some get a 'you can't just say that's mechanics, it needs an in game justification'. If we are willing to accept that dodges do not actually go back and retroactively change time, then perhaps we can also accept that dodges do not actually have to be a deliberate action of noticing an incoming attack and moving ones self out of the way of it, that the dodge game mechanic is not the same thing as the dodge in game action.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”