NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:
willthetiger wrote:not sure how to write this one

Summon redkneck

By pulling out a tooth and throwing to the ground you are able to summon one redneck to fight for you.Once killed or cancelled the tooth grows back.

Due to incredibly low IQ the rednecks are immune to mind control and will only follow commands by the master.

Lol can anyone give me a hand writing this?

does the tooth grow back?

Yes.
See bolded text.

ok, just didn't see it before,sorry.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Based on the current wording of this "power', I am going to have to say "NO" to any further discussion of this power.

Referring to Rednecks in general as having low I.Q.'s is just insulting and possibly derogatory.

willthetiger wrote:not sure how to write this one

Summon redkneck

By pulling out a tooth and throwing to the ground you are able to summon one redneck to fight for you.Once killed or cancelled the tooth grows back.

Due to incredibly low IQ the rednecks are immune to mind control and will only follow commands by the master.

Lol can anyone give me a hand writing this?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Supernatural Lower-Body Strength (Major Power)
fbdaury (fbdaury@hotmail.com)
"Impressive- Not too many people can stop a speeding truck by kicking it."
The muscles of the legs and back are supernaturally powerful, allowing a character who might otherwise have quite mundane strength to leap great distances, run at high speeds, perform deadly kick attacks and leg press or kick over great weights using only their lower body.
1. Powerful Leaping:
The character’s supernaturally strong legs allow them to jump phenomenal distances or fall unharmed from great heights.
Range: 40ft. per point of lower body PS horizontally and half this distance vertically. Can survive falls unharmed from heights equal to 30ft. per point of lower body PS.
Attacks per Melee: Each leap counts as One.
2. Deadly Kicking Ability:
By striking with their supernaturally powerful legs, the character can kick through concrete, steel, and at high levels of strength, even possibly through some super-ceramics or super-metals!
Damage: Determine kicking damage using the punch damage chart for supernatural strength, as found on page 294 of HU 2nd edition.
3. Increased Running Speed:
Using their powerful leg muscles purely for ground locomotion allows this character to move far faster than a normal human, although not quite as fast as those with specific superspeed powers.
Speed: Multiplies the character’s running Spd by x5 ( So a character with a starting Spd of 22 would run at Spd 110, or 75 MPH).
4. Leg Press/Kick Over Great Weights:
Making use of their powerful leg and back muscles, the character can, when properly braced, Leg press/push/kick over (topple) amazing weights.
Weights: The character can press/push/topple weights up to their lower body PS x 600lbs., so a mutant with this power and PS 50 lower body could lift press/push/topple weights of up to 30,000lbs. (15 Tons)
6. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Add 25+2d6 to lower body P.S., +1d4 to PE, +2 PP, and +10 Normal Spd (before running multiplier)
+2 to Strike with kick attacks and +2 to Parry attacks with the legs.
Fatigues at ¼ the normal rate while running or leaping.
+1d4x10 to S.D.C.
Due to increased lower body musculature, add +50lbs. to weight and character lands like a cat- always landing feet-first as long as they are even marginally conscious at time of fall.
Last edited by fbdaury on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

fbdaury wrote:Supernatural Lower-Body Strength
fbdaury (fbdaury@hotmail.com)
"Impressive- Not too many people can stop a speeding truck by kicking it."
The muscles of the legs and back are supernaturally powerful, allowing a character who might otherwise have quite mundane strength to leap great distances, run at high speeds, perform deadly kick attacks and leg press or kick over great weights using only their lower body.

4. Leg Press/Kick Over Great Weights:
Making use of their powerful leg and back muscles, the character can, when properly braced, Leg press/push/kick over (topple) amazing weights.
Weights: The character can press/push/topple weights up to their lower body PS x 600lbs., so a mutant with this power and PS 50 lower body could lift press/push/topple weights of up to 30,000lbs. (15 Tons)

This is a fairly interesting take on a PS power. However, even with make believe physics, anyone attempting the example given #4 would be crushed to a paste (unless some other power prevented it). The reason I say this is because, as worded, they're only Superhuman from the waist down. From the waist up they're Joe Average SDC guy and can't take the strain of these amazing feats of PS.

Example: Mutant X attempts to stop a runaway Cable Car from smashing into the terminal and killing dozens of tourists by bracing himself against the front of the car and using the SNPS of his legs to absorb the impact. Mutant X gets a good brace against the car, finding purchase for his hands and a solid spot to butt his shoulder up against as the cable car speeds toward an imposing brick wall. BAM! Squish!! Squelch!!! Mutant X manages to stick his legs out in time to impact the wall first. Unfortunately his impressive PS doesn't extend above the belt line. Every part of him from his head to his hips takes the full force of the impact between the trolley car and the wall and is crushed/compressed/forcefully expelled through the path of least resistance. All that remains of Mutant X is a nigh indestructible pelvic girdle, legs, and feet. The rest of him is now a liquified puddle slowly dripping from between his super cheeks and running down the leg of his tights.

Having crazy amazing leg PS doesn't do much good if the rest of the body can't handle the stress as well.

but that's just my opinion

All in all i think it's a pretty interesting take on things
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Thanks! Glad you found it interesting. I see your point- that's why I mentioned in the opening blurb that although only the lower body only can actively use the supernatural strength, the muscles of the back are enhanced as well, allowing for the falling resiliency and the body to not be literally torn in half from using two much lower body power. I should have made that more clear I suppose.
BTW: Nice description... ew. :eek:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

No problem! now I have a images of luchador style wrestlers snapping knecks with flying leg locks or side show worthy fat villains crushing skulls between. ... thought is too horrible to continue

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:No problem! now I have a images of luchador style wrestlers snapping knecks with flying leg locks or side show worthy fat villains crushing skulls between. ... thought is too horrible to continue

"BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE LEGS!!!! I AM THUNDERTIGHS!!!"
"AND I AM HER SIDEKICK, STEELBUNS!!!"

"Finally...I can die happy."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I am assuming this is a Major power even though you neglected to make such a notation.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am assuming this is a Major power even though you neglected to make such a notation.

Oh yes, I thought I had mentioned that- it was intended to be a Major power.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

for jewish followers with the ANY fire based power you could have them able to send out candle streinth flames from there fingers( not there thumbs) to represent the manora!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:for jewish followers with the ANY fire based power you could have them able to send out candle streinth flames from there fingers( not there thumbs) to represent the manora!

IMHO, no.

Religious-based powers and bonuses are best taken care of by the existing classes and powers as part of the character concept and by GM permission(I.e. a Mystically-Embued character can claim that his powers come to him from his connection with his religious beliefs. A super-mutant can claim his inexplicable endowment with superhuman abilities as a gift of the divine). You might make a group of superheroes who are all Catholics, Buddhists, or Wiccans, but I wouldn't give them special abilities or affinities because of their religious preferences.

In general, and when this typically comes up on these boards, results in arguments and threat of thread-locking, avoid the major modern world religions in Palladium with regards to religion-specific game statistics, abilities, or powers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

abe wrote:for jewish followers with the ANY fire based power you could have them able to send out candle streinth flames from there fingers( not there thumbs) to represent the manora!
Candle strength flames are not worthy of being any kind of power or stunt. Plus I think if you wrote this up a lot of people might be offended.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Besides, Menorahs are traditionally seven-branched(in ancient history) or, more properly in the modern age, nine-branched, so you couldn't properly represent a manorah on one hand, and with two hands it would look awkward and clumsy, and would serve no significent purpose.
It's a really bad idea.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:Besides, Menorahs are traditionally seven-branched(in ancient history) or, more properly in the modern age, nine-branched, so you couldn't properly represent a manorah on one hand, and with two hands it would look awkward and clumsy, and would serve no significent purpose.
It's a really bad idea.

it was just a thought.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

you could make a 9 branched hand menorah if you put your 2 thumbs together and use it as the central branch

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

I was writing up a character and had the idea of making his Extraordinary Speed power have an altered component- he gets all the normal bonuses of the power but to actually move at superhuman speed he needs to burn one melee action to summon a horse composed of some sort of energy- I was thinking ectoplasm and he would then ride the horse. The Horse can carry only as much weight as he can so in cases other than this one (where he has superhuman PS) it might not allow for the carrying of passengers along with him. Would you consider this an advantage to the power, a disadvantage, or as a basic +/- that cancels each other out?

I ask because I have written up a system to customize HU and other Palladium characters and need to decide if this would be a helpful change or a hindering one for the system. Thanks for any ideas on the matter!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

fbdaury wrote:I was writing up a character and had the idea of making his Extraordinary Speed power have an altered component- he gets all the normal bonuses of the power but to actually move at superhuman speed he needs to burn one melee action to summon a horse composed of some sort of energy- I was thinking ectoplasm and he would then ride the horse. The Horse can carry only as much weight as he can so in cases other than this one (where he has superhuman PS) it might not allow for the carrying of passengers along with him. Would you consider this an advantage to the power, a disadvantage, or as a basic +/- that cancels each other out?

I ask because I have written up a system to customize HU and other Palladium characters and need to decide if this would be a helpful change or a hindering one for the system. Thanks for any ideas on the matter!

There is a power written up for a Super Steed. http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... uper_Steed
To have powers tacked on to it, you could take them normally as your power selection but give them to the horse/steed so that the power is dependent upon the other power to be activated.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
fbdaury wrote:I was writing up a character and had the idea of making his Extraordinary Speed power have an altered component- he gets all the normal bonuses of the power but to actually move at superhuman speed he needs to burn one melee action to summon a horse composed of some sort of energy- I was thinking ectoplasm and he would then ride the horse. The Horse can carry only as much weight as he can so in cases other than this one (where he has superhuman PS) it might not allow for the carrying of passengers along with him. Would you consider this an advantage to the power, a disadvantage, or as a basic +/- that cancels each other out?

There is a power written up for a Super Steed. http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... uper_Steed
To have powers tacked on to it, you could take them normally as your power selection but give them to the horse/steed so that the power is dependent upon the other power to be activated.

Took a look at that power but not at all what I am looking for but thanks for pointing it out- might work for a future character. I'm just wondering if you would look at this modification of the existing Extraordinary Speed power as being a plus (since you could conceivably take others with you) or a negative (since you need to summon horse to use actual movement part of power and this requires burning a melee action)? But thank you for your response.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

fbdaury wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Took a look at that power but not at all what I am looking for but thanks for pointing it out- might work for a future character. I'm just wondering if you would look at this modification of the existing Extraordinary Speed power as being a plus (since you could conceivably take others with you) or a negative (since you need to summon horse to use actual movement part of power and this requires burning a melee action)? But thank you for your response.

Well then feel free to write up the power yourself. You seem to know what you want.
Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

Question? Saw power here or on Black vault wiki, but cannot remember name or where. the power allowed character to alter a limb into two large tentacles.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanx
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Amberjack wrote:Question? Saw power here or on Black vault wiki, but cannot remember name or where. the power allowed character to alter a limb into two large tentacles.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanx
I believe that you are referring to my Twin Tentacles power.

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... _Tentacles
Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

Thanks
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

There was a fan site that had a list of new powers includeing the creation of minion or followers . I think it was called "bio-forms" . Does anyone know the site ? If so could I get a link ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

telle-summoning!(could be minor OR major, depends on how the gm sees it mostly)
you can summon ANY item you have seen in the last 24 hours per level on the television!
again I'm not sure if it should be a minor super power or a major super power, I need help in that regard.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Trent wrote:There was a fan site that had a list of new powers includeing the creation of minion or followers . I think it was called "bio-forms" . Does anyone know the site ? If so could I get a link ?

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Create_Bio_Forms
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:telle-summoning!(could be minor OR major, depends on how the gm sees it mostly)
you can summon ANY item you have seen in the last 24 hours per level on the television!
again I'm not sure if it should be a minor super power or a major super power, I need help in that regard.
It would be a Major with that kind of time frame. You need to put limits on the size of items, though, or people will be summoning buildings and such. There also needs to be a duration for how long the item remains summoned before returning to where you summoned it from, as well as a range on how far the item is from you when summoned. This needs a lot of specifics you have not provided.
taalismn
Priest

Indeed. Example: If I saw 'King Kong' on the TV in the last day, and I summon him, do I get a fifty foot ape or a six-inch simian that would fit on my flatscreen(or worse yet, a one inch bugarilla from my cellphone)?
As written, this power is a wispy suggestion of a passing notion of a bleached shadow of a momentary daydream.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:telle-summoning!(could be minor OR major, depends on how the gm sees it mostly)
It would be a Major with that kind of time frame. You need to put limits on the size of items, though, or people will be summoning buildings and such. There also needs to be a duration for how long the item remains summoned before returning to where you summoned it from, as well as a range on how far the item is from you when summoned. This needs a lot of specifics you have not provided.

Could use some of the rules of the Summoner class . And the rules from Create Force Constructs power . Just a thought .
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Trent wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Could use some of the rules of the Summoner class . And the rules from Create Force Constructs power . Just a thought .

Also, is the "summoned" item merely a duplicate? Is it the actual item and does said item disappear from its current location? Is the item still viewable on TV? If it's a person, do I get the real thing? a clone? Does she/he/they retain their intellect/personality or only what the "summoner" knows of them? If a "clone" or "duplicate", would it have any sort of FREE WILL? Will it have PPE? What if the person sees themselves on TV?
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

NMI wrote:
Trent wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Also, is the "summoned" item merely a duplicate? Is it the actual item and does said item disappear from its current location? Is the item still viewable on TV? If it's a person, do I get the real thing? a clone? Does she/he/they retain their intellect/personality or only what the "summoner" knows of them? If a "clone" or "duplicate", would it have any sort of FREE WILL? Will it have PPE? What if the person sees themselves on TV?

Id make it non-living only and duplicates only . So all summoned money would be counterfeit . Id also give it a limited life span (when duration is up it decays into dust) . And throw in a hippie clause . NO NUKES !
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rock Hard Block (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character with this power has the ability to momentarily change his body to stone, but only for a single moment when blocking or parrying an attack. This includes attacks by swords. It does not work if he cannot see the attack coming, nor if he is shot at with projectiles. Successfully parried or blocked attacks do no damage. A failed parry means the power did not activate and the attack does normal damage.
Range: Self. Objects must touch him to activate the power.
Duration: Instant, only lasts for the single action.
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions to use this power to block and parry instead of just one.
Drawbacks: As stated above, this power cannot be used as armor against thrown weapons, projectiles, or explosions.
Damage: Weapons and people striking the character when changed to rock take 1d4 points of SDC damage.
Bonuses:
+4 to parry plus an additional +1 to parry at levels 4, 8 and 12
+2d4 SDC
+3 to pull punch
+2 to initiative plus an additional +1 to initiative at levels 4, 8 and 12
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue May 26, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Rock Hard Block (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

Very appropriate. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

A failed parry means the power did not activate and does normal damage.

Should read as "A failed parry means the power did not activate and the attack does normal damage.

Under "Bonuses" ... pus should be plus

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Rock Hard Block (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character with this power has the ability to momentarily change his body to stone, but only for a single moment when blocking or parrying an attack. It does not work if he cannot see the attack coming, nor if he is shot at with projectiles. Successfully parried or blocked attacks do no damage. A failed parry means the power did not activate and does normal damage.
Range: Self. Objects must touch him to activate the power.
Duration: Instant, only lasts for the single action.
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions to use this power to block and parry instead of just one.
Drawbacks: As stated above, this power cannot be used as armor against thrown weapons, projectiles, or explosions.
Bonuses:
+4 to parry pus an additional +1 to parry at levels 4, 8 and 12
+2d4 SDC
+3 to pull punch
+2 to initiative plus an additional +1 to initiative at levels 4, 8 and 12
taalismn
Priest

NMI wrote:[ What if the person sees themselves on TV?

Instant existentialist crisis or an egomaniac's nightmare.
"I Summon myself!"
"But I'm already here!"
"Well, what does that make me?"
"A defective later version."
"But I summoned YOU!"
"Obviously because you need me."

...then the whole power self-destructs because of a lack of defined parameters and paradoxical bloat.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

NMI wrote:A failed parry means the power did not activate and does normal damage.

Should read as "A failed parry means the power did not activate and the attack does normal damage.

Under "Bonuses" ... pus should be plus
Nice catch. I have edited the power as suggested. It should also be noted that the character can parry and block swords with this power. I was also thinking that hitting rock might do damage to the attacker and/or their weapon, so I added a damage amount of 1d4 SDC to those striking the character. Any other ideas are helpful.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Energy Expulsion: Starlight (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, originally a sub-ability of Starlight Channel by myself and Mephisto.

The character can fire energy from his hands.

Range: 1000 feet per level.
Duration: Instant
Damage: 3d6 at level one, plus 1d6 per level of experience. This does double damage to vampires and other undead, as well as any creature vulnerable to sunlight.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action
Special: The character can regulate the energy in increments of 1d6 and split attacks to fire on two targets at once

Solar Rejuvenation (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on a sub-ability of Starlight Channel by myself and Mephisto

The character can transfer the energy into important biological functions, increasing his or her abilities in direct sunlight. While in a bright, clear day the following bonuses apply:
+4 on Initiative, +2 on all other combat abilities
+20% to Speed
+1 attack per melee round
+10% on all skills
+30 S.D.C.
Heals at twice the regular rate
Note that these bonuses only apply on bright clear days, or if the character is above a cloud cover. An overcast day will half the bonuses (and negate the bonus attack per melee), and at night, underground, inside a building the bonuses are completely gone. The character can not "store" or "hold" the extra energy however, it only applies to those conditions.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Energy Expulsion: Starlight (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, originally a sub-ability of Starlight Channel by myself and Mephisto.

Damage: 3d6 at level one, plus 1d6 per level of experience.
Special: The character can regulate the energy in increments of 1d6 and split attacks to fire on two targets at once

So no extra damage to vampires and those vulnerable to sunlight?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Energy Expulsion: Starlight (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, originally a sub-ability of Starlight Channel by myself and Mephisto.

Damage: 3d6 at level one, plus 1d6 per level of experience.

So no extra damage to vampires and those vulnerable to sunlight?
I should probably do that, huh? Sounds like something that I should do...
taalismn
Priest

"Starlight, Star Bright, Somebody's Going to be Hurtin' Tonight."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:"Starlight, Star Bright, Somebody's Going to be Hurtin' Tonight."
Yup.

Here is the original power with edits to reflect the additional damage to undead.

Starlight Channel (Major) by Stone Gargoyle and Mephisto

1. Solar Collector: The character is capable of channeling solar and star energy as a solar collector and recharging batteries of vehicles and power armor. The character can thus channel an hour's worth of power in one minute, but he can perform no other actions while doing so. Therefore, an eight hour battery will take eight minutes to be charged. The character must be touching the battery, and nothing can be blocking the light from being absorbed into the character.

2. Impervious to Solar Energy Attacks: The character takes no damage from energy attacks such as electricity, lasers and light attacks, and takes half damage from fire.

3. Energy Expulsion: Starlight: The character can fire energy from his hands.

Damage: 3d6 at level one, plus 1d6 per level of experience. This does double damage to vampires and other undead, as well as any creature vulnerable to sunlight.
Special: The character can regulate the energy in increments of 1d6 and split attacks to fire on two targets at once.

4. Polarized Sight: The character is not blinded by the sun and can look directly at the sun without penalty. With Polarized Sight, the individual is immune to blinding attacks that are based on light [strobe lights, blinding flash the spell, etc...].

5. Solar Rejuvenation: The character can not only replenish batteries with his solar collection, but can also transfer the energy into important biological functions, increasing his or her abilities in direct sunlight. While in a bright, clear day the following bonuses apply:
+4 on Initiative, +2 on all other combat abilities
+20% to Speed
+1 attack per melee round
+10% on all skills
+30 S.D.C.
Heals at twice the regular rate

Note that these abilities only apply on bright clear days, or if the character is above a cloud cover. An overcast day will half the bonuses (and negate the bonus attack per melee), and at night, underground, inside a building the bonuses are completely gone. The character can not "store" or "hold" the extra energy however, it only applies to those conditions.

I have edited the minor EE: Starlight above also.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Energy Expulsion: Sound (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, with material taken from Iczer's APS: Sound major superability.

The character can generate sound and use it for attacks.

1) Sonic attacks: The character has access to three sonic type attacks which he can radiate from his body.
A screeching attack that radiates outward from his body: The screech takes 2 actions to perform, but all targets within 40 feet will take 3d6 damage and must save vs stun (14+ PE bonuses count) or be disoriented (lose one attack, -20% to balance and -2 to combat for 1d4 melees) glass or fragile objects out to 80 feet take 2d6 damage.
A sonic Pulse that slams opponents: 4d6 damage. +4 to strike with an aimed shot only. Targets struck will find worn, non environmental armor to be useless against this damage. targets must also save vs stun (12+ PE bonuses count) or lose their next action.
Oscillating wave: The oscillating wave targets molecules and literally shakes them apart. The character blows 4 attacks per melee to perform this stunt and has a +3 to strike with an aimed shot only. No AR protects from this assault which does a mere 2d6 damage. If a target is struck twice within 30 seconds with this wave, he takes an additional 2d6 damage (so if struck once a round for 4 rounds, a target would take 2d6, then 4d6, then 6d6 then 8d6 damage) eventually, even hardened steel melts with this ability.

2) Resistance to Sound and Vibration: The character takes no damage from his own sound and only half damage from sonic attacks, vibration and other types of sound-based attacks. He is also immune to being deafened and suffers no penalties from effects caused by sound.

3) Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 to PE attribute
+2d4 to SDC
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Fire Placement Teleport (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

This is a Major version of the minor power of the same name I previously posted.

The character can teleport via fire from one flame to another without damage.

1) Teleport: The character can teleport from one flame to another.
Range: One mile per level; limited to self.
Duration: Instant.
Attacks: Uses one attack/action to perform.
Limitations: Cannot take anything other than the physical body, as these will risk burning up.
Chance of successful teleport: 50%, plus 5% per level of experience. A failed teleport will leave the character in the same location, it simply fails to work.

2) Impervious to Fire: The character takes no damage from fire and flame-based attacks and only half damage from lasers and light attacks.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

My Fire Clones power was way too powerful, now that I see what Say652 has done with it. I am inspired to do a less powerful version, however.

Fire Clones (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Creating Fire Clones: The hero has a pyrokinetic ability to construct small copies of himself out of fire. These duplicates are obviously fire, generating heat and consuming oxygen while producing smoke. They are not really intelligent, only gaining intelligence as a result of the hero's mental energy, and are basically puppets controlled by the hero.

Range: The hero can shape existing flames into humanoid shape up to a distance of 30 feet, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight.
Duration: The hero can only shape and control the fire for his ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level. They will revert to normal flames if the hero moves out of range, releases his control, is knocked unconscious or is killed.
Control Roll: Controlling the fire clones requires a control roll each melee round. This is done with a skill base of 30%, +1% per level. A failed roll means the clones move, just not as directed.
Number of uses of power: Equal to the character's ME attribute per day.
Number of clones per batch: Two clones at level one, plus an additional clone at levels 4, 8 and 12.
Attacks: Creating each clone uses a melee action per clone. Also, each creation of clones must be followed immediately by a control roll or they will revert back to normal flames by the end of the melee round.

2. Clone Abilities: The clones are basically humanoid of a height 0f six inches, resembling him and mirroring his mannerisms.
IQ, MA and ME: The flame will seem eerily intelligent as a result of the flame absorbing some of the hero's mental energy, with the IQ, MA and ME of an uncontrolled clone equal to 3 +2d4. When controlled, they simply act as puppets. Clones do not have access to the hero's memories, skills of HtoH training.
PS, PP and PE: 5. The hero's ME bonus will act as the strike, parry and dodge bonus.
PB: Equivalent to the hero, -1d4
Speed: Uncontrolled fire clones move at a speed equal to the character's ME attribute.
Attacks: Uncontrolled Fire Clones have a single attack per melee round. When controlled, they have a number of independent attacks equal to the hero's ME bonus and otherwise cannot attack unless the hero uses an attack of his own to make them do so.
Senses: The hero cannot use the clone as a sensory device when controlling it and does not actually sense or see things through it. Uncontrolled clones aware of their surroundings through a type of thermal radar, able to sense opponents within 3 feet, plus 1 foot per level.
Impervious to fire and heat: Fire clones take no damage from fire, plasma and heat and can absorb fire to heal up to 4d6 damage. They also do not take damage from physical attacks under their Natural AR of 14.
Dangers:
Water may be used to extinguish the fire clones as it would a normal fire.
The fire uses up oxygen rapidly and the lack of oxygen will cause the fire to be extinguished, destroying the clone. Intense cold, ice, chemicals or being doused with large amounts of water will cause the clones to be extinguished as well. Such attacks will have a 01-40% chance of destroying the fire clone.
There is also a chance the fire clone will set nearby materials ablaze (use the table at the end of APS: Fire for the percentage chances for different materials).
Horror Factor: 10
SDC: ME attribute number of the hero, plus 1 per level.
HP: Not applicable.
Damage: Strikes from the fire clone do 2d6 . Also, anyone striking the fire clone will take 2d6 damage.
Limitations: Fire clones must be created from existing flames and require materials to burn and oxygen to maintain the flames. The fire clones generate a great amount of heat and smoke. The clones can only attack what they are capable of touching. They cannot expel fire or make themselves larger by absorbing fire

4. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
Hero is himself resistant to fire and heat (half damage)
+2 to save vs. possession and mind control
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

And here is a revised version of the original power:

Fire Clones - Revised (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Creating Fire Clones: The hero has a pyrokinetic ability to construct copies of himself out of fire. These duplicates are obviously fire, generating heat and consuming oxygen while producing smoke. They are not really intelligent, only gaining intelligence as a result of the hero's mental energy, and are basically puppets controlled by the hero.
Range: The hero can shape existing flames into humanoid shape up to a distance of 300 feet, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight.
Duration: The hero can only shape and control the fire for his ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level. They will revert to normal flames if the hero moves out of range, releases his control, is knocked unconscious or is killed.
Control Roll: Controlling the fire clones requires a control roll each melee round. This is done with a skill base of 80%, +1% per level. A failed roll means the clones move, just not as directed.
Number of uses of power: Unlimited, but each creation of an additional group of clones after his ME number of times per day, plus one time per level, creating a new batch of clones reduces the percentage chance of control of them by -5%.
Number of clones per batch: Can create a number of clones equal to half of his ME number, plus one clone per level.
Attacks: Creating clones simultaneously up to his ME number in clones, plus one clone per level, can be done using only one melee attack, action, but each clone over that number must be created using an additional attack/action. Also, each creation of clones must be followed immediately by a control roll or they will revert back to normal flames by the end of the melee round.

2. Clone Abilities: The clones are basically humanoid of the same build and height as the hero creating them, resembling him and mirroring his mannerisms.
IQ, MA and ME: The flame will seem eerily intelligent as a result of the flame absorbing some of the hero's mental energy, with the IQ, MA and ME of an uncontrolled clone equal to 3 +2d4. When controlled, they simply act as puppets. Clones do not have access to the hero's memories, skills or HtoH training.
PS, PP and PE: Equal to half of the hero's ME number. The hero's ME bonus will act as the strike, parry and dodge bonus. Flame clones gain a +2 to strike and a +4 Autododge.
PB: Equivalent to the hero, -1d4
Speed: Uncontrolled fire clones move at twice the hero's maximum speed attribute. When controlled, they move at a speed equal to the hero's ME attribute.
Attacks: Uncontrolled Fire Clones have a number of attacks equal to the hero who created them. When controlled, they have a number of independent attacks equal to the hero's ME bonus and otherwise cannot attack unless the hero uses an attack of his own to make them do so.
Senses: The hero cannot use the clone as a sensory device when controlling it and does not actually sense or see things through it unless possessing it (see below). Uncontrolled clones aware of their surroundings through a type of thermal radar, able to sense opponents within 30 feet, plus 5 feet per level.
Impervious to fire and heat: Fire clones take no damage from fire, plasma and heat and can absorb fire to heal up to 4d6 damage. They also do not take damage from physical attacks under their Natural AR of 14.
Dangers:
Water may be used to extinguish the fire clones as it would a normal fire.
The fire uses up oxygen rapidly and the lack of oxygen will cause the fire to be extinguished, destroying the clone. Intense cold, ice, chemicals or being doused with large amounts of water will cause the clones to be extinguished as well. Such attacks will have a 01-40% chance of destroying the fire clone.
There is also a chance the fire clone will set nearby materials ablaze (use the table at the end of APS: Fire for the percentage chances for different materials).
Horror Factor: 14
SDC: ME attribute number of the hero X 5, plus 5 per level.
HP: Not applicable.
Damage: Strikes from the fire clone do 4d6 plus any PS damage bonus (using ME as PS per notation above). Also, anyone striking the fire clone will take 4d6 damage.
Maneuvers: By creating enough clones, the hero can use them to surround an opponent, essentially creating a wall of flame, with anyone passing through it taking 4d6 damage.
Limitations: Fire clones must be created from existing flames and require materials to burn and oxygen to maintain the flames. The fire clones generate a great amount of heat and smoke. The clones can only attack what they are capable of touching. They cannot expel fire or make themselves larger by absorbing fire.

3. Possess Clone: The hero can elect to create a single clone and possess it through a control roll done with a penalty of -40%. Upon a successful roll, the hero can control the clone for his ME number in hours as if it were his own body.
Adjustments to clone:
The hero's IQ, MA and ME are transferred to the clone, as are his combat skills and HtoH, as well as all his memories and other skills. Can attack as per the hero's normal attacks.
All other attributes are as normal for the clone. When the clone's SDC is depleted, his energy will return to his normal body.
Limitations: As above, plus the hero cannot throw fire balls or expel fire and suffers all the dangers a fire clone does. He cannot cause the clone to explode as a Super Nova (see APS Fire, HU2 p. 242-3) without destroying the clone and suffering from neural shock, and he would have to make a successful control roll at a penalty of -60% to do so. This is not recommended, as he would lose his ability to create fire clones for 1d4 weeks afterwards (see APS Fire #6 for the damage from such a fiery explosion), use up all attacks for the melee round and remain unconscious once back in his normal body for 1d4 hours.

4. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
Hero is himself resistant to fire and heat (half damage)
+2 to save vs. possession and mind control
taalismn
Priest

Ew...shiny new powers! I'll have to see what -I- can do with them as part of bio-augmentation sueprsoldier packages. :P :bandit: 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Ew...shiny new powers! I'll have to see what -I- can do with them as part of bio-augmentation supersoldier packages. :P :bandit: 8)
Well, re-worked and modified older powers. As I edit pages in the Vault I find stuff that is salvageable for new powers.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ew...shiny new powers! I'll have to see what -I- can do with them as part of bio-augmentation supersoldier packages. :P :bandit: 8)
Well, re-worked and modified older powers. As I edit pages in the Vault I find stuff that is salvageable for new powers.

Wherever you can find inspiration, or material, as long as you are thorough in your utilization of that inspiration, and make it into something workable.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Wherever you can find inspiration, or material, as long as you are thorough in your utilization of that inspiration, and make it into something workable.
I do try. Mostly it is my creative juices being stirred by reading over a lot of the older stuff. At least it will keep this thread alive at any rate.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This is another Major version of a minor power I wrote.

Disco Inferno (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can transmute sound waves into heat, causing objects and targets within range to catch fire.

1. Sound Transmutation: The character can cause sound to turn into heat and flames.
Range: 200 foot radius, plus 20 feet per level, from the source of the sound; source must be within 300 feet of the superbeing, +30 feet per level
Damage: 2d6 to all targets per melee round for every 10 decibels of sound (60 decibels would do 12d6 damage per melee round to all targets in range).
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions to start transmutation.
Duration: Once initiated, power continues to transmute sound for 2d4 melee rounds.
Limitations:
The superbeing cannot stop the inferno once it has been initiated, and even once the sound is no longer being transmuted, the fire may rage out of control. No save is possible for targets, as it is their hair or clothing which catches fire.
The superbeing cannot control the flames in any way.

2. Impervious to fire: The character is impervious to fire based attacks and takes only half damage from lasers and plasma attacks.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 PE
+10 SDC
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:This is another Major version of a minor power I wrote.

Disco Inferno (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can transmute sound waves into heat, causing objects and targets within range to catch fire.

1. Sound Transmutation: The character can cause sound to turn into heat and flames.
Range: 200 foot radius, plus 20 feet per level, from the source of the sound; source must be within 300 feet of the superbeing, +30 feet per level
Damage: 2d6 to all targets per melee round for every 10 decibels of sound (60 decibels would do 12d6 damage per melee round to all targets in range).
Duration: Once initiated, power continues to transmute sound for 2d4 melee rounds.
Limitations:
The superbeing cannot stop the inferno once it has been initiated, and even once the sound is no longer being transmuted, the fire may rage out of control. No save is possible for targets, as it is their hair or clothing which catches fire.
The superbeing cannot control the flames in any way, nor does he have any resistance to heat or fire unless other superabilities are selected which allow this.

2. Impervious to fire: The character is impervious to fire based attacks and takes only half damage from lasers and plasma attacks.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+!d4 PE
+10 SDC

+!d4?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”