Alteration of the firing rules.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Deadboy Dakka
Wanderer
Comment: I'll smite with my smiting stick!!!

Alteration of the firing rules.

Unread post by Deadboy Dakka »

Well, I am currently working on a modification of the old burst and firearm rules. While I do not think that the W.P. bonuses and how they are applied need to be changed, the fact that there are no current rules that really allow a character to fire burst of differing size. So, i was wondering if any one here has either done this before, or maybe has some suggestions on how they would handle this.

I am aware that this was a slightly long winded way to ask for help, but I do think for the campaign I have in mind, the P.C.s will need alot of Dakka.
Uhh... Dragging of flesh and bone followed by a moan? Let's go examine the creepy sound.
With an automatic shotgun of course.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Alteration of the firing rules.

Unread post by Glistam »

Rifter #11 had an interesting take on this.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

What are your ideas?
What are your goals?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Deadboy Dakka
Wanderer
Comment: I'll smite with my smiting stick!!!

Unread post by Deadboy Dakka »

My current ideas are changing the percent of rounds fired from a weapon, as well as incorporating some ideas from Rifter 11 to allow alternate kinds of firearm attacks. I'm looking to allow my players to fire more rounds then are currently allowed.

The goals are plainly to allow players to increase damage potential from firearms. I'm working on this in concert with a Dead Reign game. While I do like how the zombies are presented, I do want to allow characters (or at least more combaty characters) to kill them in droves. Also, I kinda wanna make guns feared.
Uhh... Dragging of flesh and bone followed by a moan? Let's go examine the creepy sound.
With an automatic shotgun of course.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”