International Shipping Dates

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Re: International Shipping Dates

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

winterdyne wrote:And if you're an Aussie / Kiwi you're last on the list, after European distributors / retailers.
Actually, it's unclear if AU/NZ are last on the list. We're last listed (though I'm not actually getting anything anymore), but the latest update makes no mention of the other places that are still waiting for product. Several South Americans, and two Singaporean haven't been given any clue where they fit in the grand plan. Are they waiting for the current line to clear? Or will they be slipped out while the larger international orders are being packed?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

From some data mining I did a while back, there are at least 32 backers in South America/Central America/assorted islands, 77 in Asia/assorted islands, 381 in Europe, 259 in Aus/NZ, and 1,525 Unknowns, though that last group is presumably mostly US backers.

They said they shipped out roughly 4,000 packages, which would cover the US, Canada and ~1k unknowns, so that all seems to check out at least at a glance (and without anything remotely resembling the full picture here), and the math present covers the roughly 1,300 packages remaining to go out globally.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Of course, winterdyne there is another "fudge" conatined inthe latest update.

The FAQ clearly and unequivocably stated EU/UK backers would pay a flat shipping fees and no other costs. The update seem sto hint that PB are absolving themseleves of this and if any extra charges are made we would be liable. Although they have never declared their agents, this falt shipping fee was repeated throughout their updates.
winterdyne
D-Bee

Unread post by winterdyne »

Well, we'll see in February probably.
Tzneentch
D-Bee

Unread post by Tzneentch »

I can Confirm that u can buy Tactics from Aussie retailers, I purchased a starter set, 1 Arty battle pod, 1 Destroid box on Thursday 4th December, and picked up Today 10 December. If ya want it Go to ya local store and order it.

Palladium Books, you have Failed the ROW, due to your inability to deliver what you promised. I could rant further but everything I could say has all ready been said on your Kick starter page.

Could you please stop your weekly updates with GOOD NEWS blah blah blah, its doesn't make you look as thou your moving forward and progressing it makes you look dotty, and unaware of your ineptitude.... If I may make a suggestion id start with Were Sorry..................
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

Well my friends who ordered it in the UK have received their boxes today while we backers still sit around knowing we wont be getting anything this year.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Battle Damage
D-Bee

Unread post by Battle Damage »

Irresistible Force (an Australian retailer) has the game in stock, in addition to the situation described by Tzeentch above. Which means that even this flimsy justification from Kickstarter update 166 (signed by Kevin Siembieda) has now been rendered false:

We hope our overseas backers were not too disappointed that Palladium shipped to distributors here in the USA and Canada before shipping to them. You guys will still receive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rewards BEFORE distributors and retailers get product in your part of the world, and we could not have shipped to you any sooner than we are, had we not.

As I said in my other locked thread (viewtopic.php?f=97&t=146721): Explain this away.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Battle Damage wrote:Irresistible Force (an Australian retailer) has the game in stock, in addition to the situation described by Tzeentch above. Which means that even this flimsy justification from Kickstarter update 166 (signed by Kevin Siembieda) has now been rendered false

Well, it's possible that this is the same retailer Tzeentch was referring to. So we don't know if it's the singular, or multiple stores. Though I'm confidant more AU stores will have it in stock before AU backers get theirs delivered.

But it does look like, in the over-all, it's good news. In that people seem to have finally taken the advice of one prominent backer, "Maybe you should take a step back and re-evaluate your expectations", and have inured themselves to the constant disappointments.

Palladium have set the bar so low, so often, that less and less people are upset at each stumble. Woot!
Battle Damage
D-Bee

I think its a different store: IR just has the base game, with other stuff listed as out of stock. Could be the same, but I suspect not.

Morgan, I think you and I have different thresholds for 'good news'. I think what you see as progress, I see as them stumbling towards the finish line, and if they seem like they are screwing up less its because there is less steps left to screw up rather than them learning from experience. The Gencon incident seems to have taught them nothing about communicating with their customers.
hagganlonovich
D-Bee

Unread post by hagganlonovich »

UPDATE ON REST OF AMERICA

Just phone called Palladium and they seem to have problems with the shipping as it appears they don't know how to send the packages outside US and Canada. I've talked with 4 guys and no one knows when they'll be shipping to the rest of America (i asked about Mexico but i suppose the rest is the same) but all of them told me that wouldn't couldn't take less than 2 weeks for the shipping but most probably until January.
They kept saying that they didn't know for sure as it wasn't their department, that "Jeff" was the man to talk to but so far i have been unable to speak with him (i'll be sending an e-mail as soon as i finish writting this post , wish me luck).
The game is already retailing in Mexico (at least in one store but they dont buy directly from Palladium), i spoke with the store owner of one of the most respected hobby stores in Mexico City "El Duende" and he told me that if he can agree terms with Palladium he can receive the kits at his USA warehouse and take care of the import (that would the topic of my e-mail) as well as sending the items to Mexican backers (perhaps they can manage all other parts of America as they ship internationally).
Huckebeinmk2
D-Bee

Unread post by Huckebeinmk2 »

Seriously, that's ridiculous.
People from PB, why do you allow this ?
Why do you step on backers who trusted you and gave money ?
Do you really want ton disgust people from backing your future projects ?
I know that logistics may be complicated when it come to international but, you had 1 year (ONE WHOOOOOOOLE year) to work on it, I mean come on, would it be too much of a hassle to have a chat with customs and ask for detailed and correct shipping procedures, IMO, doing this would have make you gain a lot of time.
Of course, most of us (I'm EU backer) understand that there may have incident wich can't be helped (fire in harbour, custom controls...) but the way you got this is really terrible, I hope you'll learn from this and give extra on logistics and, most of all, extra money on the poor people answering phone for receiving hate and complains from backers who trusted you.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Did you ever think that because of how you all carried on here.........and on the KS page.........the foreign distributors contacted those they knew in Canada and the USA and ordered thru them so they would have stock?
Battle Damage
D-Bee

Do you seriously think that distributors in the RoW didn't already use US-based distros as part of their supply chain options?

Do you seriously think that RoW distributors do not have access to the same sources of information (trade publications etc) that US-based distros do, and would not seek to take appropriate steps to get what their customers want, regardless of source, if they could make a profit out of it?

Do you seriously think that comments on this and other places is more of a driver for their decisions than commercial realities?
winterdyne
D-Bee

Don't be so stupid. Retailers are businesses, having the objective of making money. This means securing a supply of goods that are in demand and selling it at a profit. It is most likely the places in Aus / NZ / EU that have stock ordered from a US distributor along with significant other product. Just ordering a few copies of a niche game in a niche market specially would be a waste of money.

If PB wanted to sell to distributors in a specific region, after sending to backers in that region then they should have implemented a regionalised terms of sale contract with each distributor. It is obvious now this was not done. As such, the game is now out in the wild, so to speak, and many of the backers who were promised first look, or prioritised treatment in return for their investment are rather upset about it.

Basically, everyone not in the US seems to have been treated simply as a discounted, low priority, paid in full reserve order. I can't even use the term pre-order as those are normally shipped before distribution to retail.
hagganlonovich
D-Bee

Unread post by hagganlonovich »

Just after sending the e mail i received the shipping confirmation , international priority parcel, should arrive next week, i'll keep you informed.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

As it would seem noone wants to post an update , can anyone at PB confirm the following?

We know the EU/UK packages shipped from the warehouse, did they arrive safely at the dock and been successfully transferred over to a container and loaded on board. Has the vessel left dock yet, what is its name/tracking detail and what is its expected eta in Europe?

For Austrlia and New Zealand, have the backer packages been palletted and released yet, if not when is this likely to happen?
PANZERBUNNY
D-Bee

Unread post by PANZERBUNNY »

Forar wrote:Boxes have arrived in Canada, will be picked up tomorrow, with a $50 Canadian ($45 or so US?) customs duty due.

Did your bonuses come in the main retail box set? If you had multiple sets, did each have their bonuses or were they packed into one of them or not received at all yet?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

PANZERBUNNY wrote:Did your bonuses come in the main retail box set? If you had multiple sets, did each have their bonuses or were they packed into one of them or not received at all yet?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but the two large boxes I picked up each contained 4 RRT core boxes, 4 'battle cry bonus bags' and 4 art prints, so 8 of each total.

Wave one was picked up in full.
PANZERBUNNY
D-Bee

I'm just curious how it was packed. My brother and I before falling out of grace earlier in the year went in on the $500 deal, so 4 of the main boxes plus whatever bonus material. My mom went by because she ended up putting forward most of the cash for it and was going to use my share as a christmas gift. He says he didn't receive the bonus material, so I'm curious if he's just being an ass. My main box simply came with contents that it would normally come with if it was purchased retail. Kind of silly if I don't end up getting it due to his silly behaviour. Hairy Tarantula has the main sets for like $76. The bonus material made the investment worthwhile.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

You are aware that there's two waves, right? Just so we're clear here.

Wave One of a Battle Cry is:

1 Core Box

Plus:
4 VTs
2 Spartans
2 Phalanx
12 Battle Pods
1 Command Pod Pack
4 Artillery Pods

The bonuses came in a plastic bag.

If all you got was a core box, then yes, he's sitting on 3 cores and 4 bonus bags all told.

And if by some chance the bags were missing, he should probably contact Palladium, because that's a couple hundred bucks in stuff that they owe you all.

If you're talking about Rick, Roy, the Super VTs, FPA, MPA, etc, those are in Wave Two.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Okay, so the latest on the EU/UK boxes is apparentely they have arrived in Los Angeles - errr why are you going inthe opposite direction?

A comment from Waynes suggests this will only add a week or so to the shipping time - what is that now then another five weeks to make landfall in the UK. Another week (optismistic I know ) in customs and a week to sort out shipping. So I am looking at a late February/March delivery date - five months after the US and months after many UK retailers have this on their shelves. So much for valued backers will see this first......

What is worse still no word on Australian/New Zealand shipments or the RoW.

Need to put a big upate out onto the KS site, detailing exactly what the state of play is re shipping and where PB is up to with wave 2 - snippets tucked away in the PB news or replies on facebook are simply not good enough
Last edited by wilycoyote on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

It would be nice to know were PB is at on wave two. I don't think ignoring the backers by not updating the ks page is a good idea. Some backers took themselves off the PB email list because they don't want anything to do with PB. Hopefully PB will resolve this soon.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Wave 2 is being tooled and prepared for manufacturing according to some peeps on the KS comments. That's a good sign, I guess.
Conteshard
D-Bee

Unread post by Conteshard »

Wayland Games (UK) has 5 starter set ready to send at £ 65.69 (USD 99.35) plus P&P (usually very cheap), so surely no Kickstarter.

So I ask again:

WHERE THE HELL IS MY (and the other UE backers) STUFF , still in LA as wilycoyote said???????

Palladium: the joke stopped being funny a long, long time ago; would you please, please , please get your act together?

Warning: User warned for baiting another forum user/entity. In this case, Palladium Books. - NMI
winterdyne
D-Bee

Perhaps NMI will be by to tell us which of these mutually exclusive statements is a lie:

Wayland Games:
This week we have the new Robotech RPG Tactics box set which includes all the parts you need to play the game such as battlepods, 24 battle dice and 53 coloured game cards as well as a 112 page full colour rule book.

Kevin Siembieda:
We hope our overseas backers were not too disappointed that Palladium shipped to distributors here in the USA and Canada before shipping to them. You guys will still receive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rewards BEFORE distributors and retailers get product in your part of the world, and we could not have shipped to you any sooner than we are, had we not.

Shameful.

Warning: User warned for baiting another forum user/entity. In this case, Palladium Books, Kevin Siembieda and NMI. - NMI
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well I think a big company like Wayland wouldn't lie in their public email which they sent to all their customers now would they?

After all it's bad business to lie to your customer base.

- End of Line -

Warning: User warned for baiting another forum user/entity. In this case, Palladium Books. - NMI
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

If the models are being tooled it would help to see pics. As for EU backers I feel for you guys. Last I saw Wayne said its in LA with the battlefoam folks. Then it should ship to Europe soon.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

As an EU backer thanks for your concern Kryptt.

I'm just wondering if there is going to be any official comment about this or not. Only time will tell.

- End of Line -
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks for the kind words Kryptt, it is increasingly frustrating as a UK/UK backer - god knows even this is not as bad as is the case for our Australian/NZ and other RoW backers.

It would seem , someone can correct me but as soon as the packages left the warehouse the PB attitude is to sit back on pat themselves on the back as job done. Guess what it isn't

Will someone, anyone from PB simply update the situation regarding all RoW shipments in the weekly news or better still update the KS pages (it has been over a month). Simply put, a lot if not all of any good faith a lot of us hadnow when we backed this is gone. Retailers seem to have no issues getting their product but backers are seeing theirs go the opposite way around the world first, to arrive months after retail (nevermind the US).

Good service costs very little in terms of effort or resource and pays back an awful lot. By the same token, bad service means you do end up spending more to recover and in the end will likely simply lose that customer but more importantly they are likely to let everyone know about that bad experience.
PANZERBUNNY
D-Bee

I think the good of the many outweigh the few in this case. Not coming off as a white knight because I have issues with the game, but there were obviously reasons why this happened. I'm assuming that it was easier to ship off product to distributors than all the effort it takes to personally mail everything to the backers, so they got that out of the way quickly and got product on shelves to get more revenue coming in. I can come to terms with that.

They obviously promised a bridge too far with this business adventure, but I'd like to think it won't be for nothing and we can see it expand over time. All this griping only serves to shovel dirt on it. Don't mess things up until we at least get our Invid.

I can accept significant delays if they stop this split piece on the sprues. It's terrible. You can't hide the damn lines and they are very obvious.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I think you miss the point. Business wise we all know why. There upset because they were promised one thing and instead got something else (or in this case nothing). We don't know what's the status on wave two or if it will come out. I do want to see all the generations released I just don't know if it'll happen. Optimistic that it will happen. Some of the backers including one who's a litigator are talking about getting PB not for fraud, but for breach of contract. If anything like this happens hopefully it'll be after wave two gets delivered.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

whelp, time to post this again..
Kickstarter FAQ

How do backers know if a project will follow through?

Launching a Kickstarter is a very public act, and creators put their reputations at risk when they do.
Backers should look for creators who share a clear plan for how their project will be completed and who have a history of doing so. Creators are encouraged to share links and as much background information as possible so backers can make informed decisions about the projects they support.
If a creator has no demonstrable experience in doing something like their project or doesn't share key information, backers should take that into consideration. Does the creator include links to any websites that show work related to the project, or past projects? Does the creator appear in the video? Have they connected via Facebook?
Don't hesitate to request information from a creator. You can always reach out before pledging via the "Contact me" button on the project page.

What should creators do if they're having problems completing their project?
If problems come up, creators are expected to post a project update explaining the situation. Sharing the story, speed bumps and all, is crucial. Most backers support projects because they want to see something happen and they'd like to be a part of it. Creators who are honest and transparent will usually find backers to be understanding.
It's not uncommon for things to take longer than expected. Sometimes the execution of the project proves more difficult than the creator had anticipated. If a creator is making a good faith effort to complete their project and is transparent about it, backers should do their best to be patient and understanding while demanding continued accountability from the creator.

palladium has been extremely open about how they've never done something like this before, and kept us up to date onthe project with a transparency much greater than most companies.

not saying they haven't made mistakes, or that people shouldn't be upset, but they've been trying very hard, and frankly, they've done an amazingly better job than i'd have expected.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

glitterboy2098 wrote:not saying they haven't made mistakes, or that people shouldn't be upset, but they've been trying very hard, and frankly, they've done an amazingly better job than i'd have expected.

DITTO... now wheres that 'like' button again?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I wonder how understanding the US backers would be if the tables were turned? Shipped internationally first, US delivery last, approximately 3-6 months after delivery began.

Obviously this will never happen, but as a thought experiment, I think there'd be figurative rioting by now.

Yes, many people are tired of hearing about the issue in threads and comments sections. And in turn, those backers are tired of not hearing that their boxes are remotely near delivery.

And I'm aware that this is becoming 'complainception', but I'm not complaining about people complaining about complaining, I'm trying to emphasize that it's worth pondering *why* those people are so frustrated, and that simply saying "hey dudes, chill" isn't really all that helpful.

The ongoing silence on the KS updates and 'everything is awesome! :-D' stance from the newsletters isn't helping either. Frankly, the reassurances are wearing thin, and considering we've gone from "hopefully everything will be out of the warehouse in October" to... err, maybe Q1 2015 (maybe Q2?) for products that have existed since Q3 2014, that's a very reasonable thing to be annoyed by.

This isn't "oh man, production is difficult!" That's a reason that many (not all, but I think most) people can understand. But this isn't a broken mold or factory maintenance, it's the sense that backer boxes are less important than putting boxes on store shelves. Whether that's intended or not is irrelevant, it's not doing the campaign any favours to pretend like people are blowing hot air because their stuff is a few days late. This has been in the works for literally months, and may take literal months more to arrive.

Like on Mike's page where the HG guys are asking for painted up models, and people got frustrated that ROW backers were complaining about not having their boxes. Hey, step back, I'll bet some of those ROW folks would love to show off built and painted up models. But they can't, because their stuff is still sitting in a container somewhere.

"I've got mine, what's the big deal?" is not a tack that expresses empathy, but a lot of people are taking it all the same.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Well said Forar. Wish there was a like button.
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

Wait. Palladium has never shipped to EU/ROW before? Because lets be clear... the complaint here isn't that the product was delayed, but that KS promised to ship to backers before distributors, and now people can buy the product from a store in the UK or Australia, and still don't have the kickstarter they paid for over a year ago.

So the whole "Palladium has never done anything like this before" deal doesn't really apply anymore... unless, as I said, they haven't ever distributed outside north america before (which seems unlikely given KS posted that he's gotten cards and thank yous from Australia for the Christmas Surprise Packs)
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

normally when they ship overseas, it's single orders, and the buyer pays the extra shipping cost. or they're selling to an oversea's distributor, who has offices in the US and handles the bulk order's oversea's shipping themselves.
with the kickstarter, they wound up with a lot of oversea's orders, and the original estimates as to shipping costs proved inaccurate because of all the extra stuff that got added. so they're having to figure out how to do bulk shipping oversea's, at a price that won't require them to charge the backers a small fortune extra to cover. with oversea's shipping you can get it fast, cheap, reliable.. pick 2.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

True. However none of that means they had no idea how to do it (they've done it before with product) and clearly they have overseas distributors, and know exactly how shipping to THEM works.

Also, everyone outside of the USA *DID* pay extra for shipping. Orders to Canada where 30 or 50 bucks I believe (i can't remember)
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I believe it was $30 for a Battle Cry, $50 for a Showdown or a Reckless. At a Double Reckless, my group paid $100 extra in S&H (plus however much was allocated in those tiers for S&H).

As an aside, because they didn't have a tier with 3 boxes, it was actually more expensive to ship 3 or 7 (etc) boxes than 4, 6 or 8 (etc).

Which is how my group ended up at a double reckless, actually. Because we wanted 7 boxes and I figured "$90 for another 96 figures?" and figured recouping costs by selling off excess minis was more sensible than paying $130 in shipping for 7 boxes instead of $100 for 8.
Huckebeinmk2
D-Bee

Unread post by Huckebeinmk2 »

So, we have to wait for 5-8 weeks (minimum) to have our pledges...
Wayland and other shops already send orders for Europe...Damn, I know that pledges are cheaper, but, it hurt to know that after they spent the money, PB give ROW a beautiful middle finger (harsh but true).

I don't have grudge on shops ordering from other in US to have boxes on their shelves, this is how business works, and basically, everybody would have done the same in their situation.

I'll never back up a PB project again, because I lost confidence in them.
PANZERBUNNY
D-Bee

I mean, I've lost confidence in the video game industry a long time ago, but I still find myself playing a few titles, even from companies I should have nothing to do with. It's cutting ones nose to spite the face. Unless you plan on being happy with the small selection of mechs we currently have or selling off what you ordered, we all know what we want from the game for future development.

It isn't complete and all this BS would be wasted if everyone throws in the towel. I more than likely won't support another kickstarter, even though I was never pissed off about the entire process. I think it's bad practice for a company to solely rely on kickstarter to get their product continually out. For the most part a level of quality is lost if you are always looking for a handout and not striving for the best product and service you can provide.

They can turn it around for wave 2 and beyond letting many people eat their shoe. We'll see.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Didn't they say they learned from NG-1. It didn't help much with NG-2. We'll see. I'm hoping PB will pull through.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked.
While I review MULTIPLE reported posts.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”