Double Reckless, Wave 1. Some Pics

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Double Reckless, Wave 1. Some Pics

Unread post by JimmyB »

This is a public facebook album, so everyone should be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybshrek/me ... 748&type=3
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Re: Double Reckless, Wave 1. Some Pics

Unread post by JimmyB »

Finally settled in at my new place and had a chance to really dig into this.
And I have to say... WOW. I have been gaming for nearly 40 years.
RPGs, Box games, and Mini war games of every type imaginable.
At this point I consider myself a serious collector.

This game is one of the best quality ones I have seen, very detailed models, and phenomenal art work through out. And there is a LOT. In fact I would say Tactics has the nicest rule book I have ever seen in a boxed game. It is worth having just to put it on the shelf with all the other game books.

I have to say though, the decals. Egads meeee old eyes are strainin. I am currently experimenting with different ways to apply them, so I can get them cut and placed accurately. I am also creating a detailed list of how I am going to paint them and in what order.

Being that Mecha games are probably at the top of my list, I am very excited to start building.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

JimmyB wrote:This game is one of the best quality ones I have seen, very detailed models, and phenomenal art work through out. And there is a LOT. In fact I would say Tactics has the nicest rule book I have ever seen in a boxed game. It is worth having just to put it on the shelf with all the other game books.

Being that Mecha games are probably at the top of my list, I am very excited to start building.

Agreed. I thought it would be good quality, my expectations have been exceeded. Whoever put together the Rule Book did a fantastic job, I love Jeff's paint scheme pages in the back. Excellent quality, I would want it even if I wasn't going to play the game. The pages look better than any of my 40k books. I also thought the level of detail on the models was great for their size. The plastic I've got so far is good quality as well. This looks solid all around to me so far.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Jerell wrote:
JimmyB wrote:This game is one of the best quality ones I have seen, very detailed models, and phenomenal art work through out. And there is a LOT. In fact I would say Tactics has the nicest rule book I have ever seen in a boxed game. It is worth having just to put it on the shelf with all the other game books.

Agreed. I thought it would be good quality, my expectations have been exceeded. Whoever put together the Rule Book did a fantastic job, I love Jeff's paint scheme pages in the back. Excellent quality, I would want it even if I wasn't going to play the game. The pages look better than any of my 40k books. I also thought the level of detail on the models was great for their size. The plastic I've got so far is good quality as well. This looks solid all around to me so far.

The only thing I think I wish they did a little different is that they not have so many small pieces. Like the lower guns on the Battle Pod. If your not carful, they can break, as I've heard some say on Youtube. Other then that, yes, everything looks good. Now I just got to get everything together and start the long process of putting them all together. :D

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”