Amalgamist OCC (possible idea, will need to flesh out)

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GunSeraph06
D-Bee

Amalgamist OCC (possible idea, will need to flesh out)

Unread post by GunSeraph06 »

First I want to say I love Splicers and all the concepts/ideas provided here and in the Rifters.

I've been considering putting this on paper and possibly submitting it, but haven't had time.

Basically the idea is a character in a special Host Armor that has different pieces that are semi-intelligent independent beings that attach to the Host Armor and improve/strengthen it. Yes, its similar concept to Voltron or the Constructicons, but the character could pick and choose which parts are attached and which parts are autonomous in support of the host armor. Any bio-enhancements on a piece would apply to the host armor when attached. The pieces and the host armor communicate essentially the same way as a Packmaster and its Gorehounds. It would also allow the character to tailor the pieces it keeps attached and which pieces are autonomous to suit specific mission requirements. One piece (need to come up with a better name for them) could have a recon focus, where it would add to the host armor's perception abilities/bio-enhancements when attached, or could be used autonomously to conduct recon away from the host armor. Another application could be an aerial drone, a fire-support platform, a stealth component, one with enhanced mobility, etc. Tons of possibilities for this, and it would give the character a lot more flexibility (and be more fun, in my opinion) for the game.

I'll try to come up with more solid information on this concept, but its one I would definitely like playing.

Another, alternate possible method, is having multiple people playing different pieces when attached/detached since they could be developed as characters themselves?

Granted, as a Voltron fan growing up, I always admired the idea that the combined lions were a lot more powerful than the 5 lions when separate.

Like I said, lots of possibilities for this. Kind of hit on me when I read about the Homonculous (sp?), Packmaster/Gorehounds, and different types of Host Armors.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: Amalgamist OCC (possible idea, will need to flesh out)

Unread post by krispy »

Welcome to the board :)

I like your train of thought with the Host Armour (parallel development); I created something similar a while back called the Leprous HA:
viewtopic.php?t=123422

keep the ideas coming, Splicers can always have more added to the pot
connecting the dots
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

GunSeraph06 wrote:First I want to say I love Splicers and all the concepts/ideas provided here and in the Rifters.

I've been considering putting this on paper and possibly submitting it, but haven't had time.

Basically the idea is a character in a special Host Armor that has different pieces that are semi-intelligent independent beings that attach to the Host Armor and improve/strengthen it. Yes, its similar concept to Voltron or the Constructicons, but the character could pick and choose which parts are attached and which parts are autonomous in support of the host armor. Any bio-enhancements on a piece would apply to the host armor when attached. The pieces and the host armor communicate essentially the same way as a Packmaster and its Gorehounds. It would also allow the character to tailor the pieces it keeps attached and which pieces are autonomous to suit specific mission requirements. One piece (need to come up with a better name for them) could have a recon focus, where it would add to the host armor's perception abilities/bio-enhancements when attached, or could be used autonomously to conduct recon away from the host armor. Another application could be an aerial drone, a fire-support platform, a stealth component, one with enhanced mobility, etc. Tons of possibilities for this, and it would give the character a lot more flexibility (and be more fun, in my opinion) for the game.

I'll try to come up with more solid information on this concept, but its one I would definitely like playing.

Another, alternate possible method, is having multiple people playing different pieces when attached/detached since they could be developed as characters themselves?

Granted, as a Voltron fan growing up, I always admired the idea that the combined lions were a lot more powerful than the 5 lions when separate.

Like I said, lots of possibilities for this. Kind of hit on me when I read about the Homonculous (sp?), Packmaster/Gorehounds, and different types of Host Armors.

Welcome to the Splice and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Its always a thrill seeing Splicers ignite the creative juice waterfall within another. As an avid fan of Voltron and Transformers I really applaud your innovation. I am curipus if you have had the chance to review the Swarmlord? Perhaps it could fulfill your desired field functions or help serve as a template for devising a squadron styled Host Armor. Slappy and I have one more unit that has been submitted called a Menagerie that might also fit the bill.

If your looking for that true Voltronic factor or Transformers combiners aspect then I might suggest a few possibilities depending on the functionality that you require the concept to fulfill.

A. Actually devise a Bio-Voltron. Yep, create War mount Battle Lions that each are powered by an Outrider and act cohesively in a squadron pride. Each Battle Lion has its own niche to fill in the pride but each is also operated by an individual pilot giving each lion a ton of actions and customization. Perhaps the Pride Leader's lion is equipped with a backpack styled housing containing a linkable symbiote that can merge with its designated pride members and trigger a metamorphosis to merge into a singular Bioautomaton when fully transformed. Maybe using the Metamorph OCC gorge and transformation process as an example. This way you obtain function in the field and some balance as well. This could serve as a nice group innovation if all were down for playing Outriders. If not, then hey, maybe nice protector NPCs for the Great House.

B. You can have a Dreadguard's Host Armor(make ut slightly larger than average 10-12 feet tall) be equipped with an exoskeleton(imagine a scorpion fused with a locust) that unfolds or is controlled plus having a similar symbiote as described in option A. This additional exo and symbiote allows the Dreadguard to meld with designated Roughneck platoon members allowing them to form a larger individual unit to operate heavier weaponry that would normally be unfit for standard host armors. This would allow a platoon to get into areas that might otherwise be compromised by a large Warmount truing to get into the same position or areas and to utilize some heavier firepower.

C. A merger pack styled OCC but the balancing of such a character would need to be carefully considered and monitored.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i feel like it might be easier to design (and balance) if you were to start from a completed thing, and then have it split off. also, it wouldn't require everyone to take the same OCC, which means it's more likely to see the light of day in a game.

that is, take a basic host armour (again, perhaps make it larger than usual - most likely having extraordinarily long arms and legs) and have it so that a substantial portion of the arm can detach and act as a remotely controlled drone. if you detach an arm, it has the weapons that were built into the arm, etc.

meanwhile, the main body should have something in the location the arm detached from (which the arm would normally lock onto) that allows continued use, but without the weapons that were attached to the arm (if you plan on splitting off all 4 limbs, it is strongly recommended that you place a few weapons in the torso).
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

All, thanks for the ideas, will definitely use them and develop my concept with your advice. Krispy and Premier, have been a Splicers forum lurker for a long time, and love your work. Splicers is easily the best RPG I've experienced in my 25+ years as a gamer. Premier, are you Chuck Walton? If so, I am a HUGE fan of your work; its what attracted me to Splicers in the first place.

I'm transitioning out of the Army after almost 14 years of service, and being able to write/work with Palladium Books and associated people would be a dream come true. Have always enjoyed Palladium Products growing up and even now, I still reserve Rifts books and The Rifter at my local game store.

Will see what I can flesh out on this over the next few days; Shark, will definitely use the completed form as a starting point. I've also developed tons of bio-enhancements of various types that I will include as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated!
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

To be honest, I think we're going about this the wrong way. While the idea of having sort of a gestalt bio-armor is an intriguing idea, it really doesn't work that well in practice as removing limbs to function on their own could leave the pilot quite vulnerable.

That said, an idea that would be somewhat similar would have specially designed portions that can come off and act some what independently. I'm thinking a modified version of the Surveillance Pods from the Scout Collar for a Gorehound (Rifter 59, pg 24). The Host Armor is specially designed to accommodate a number of these autonomous pods, each designed for a specific function... scouting, ambushing, long range support, etc. The character would get a specific amount of Bio-E for the Host Armor and a separate amount with which to improve the capabilities of these pods. He would also start off with a given amount and gain additional pods as he levels up.

When attached to the armor, the pods give the character a fair bonus, but the real power of the character comes from using the pods as autonomous units. Maybe a specially designed bio-com allows the character to guide and control the various pods... setting up an area of surveillance or a kill zone for enemies. This can allow a great diversity of possibilities. You could have a recon type character where the pods are designed more for surveillance (due to their small profile, chance are they can sneak into places a normal human (let alone one in bio-tech) can't. Another could opt for an ambush type build, equipping the pods with short to medium ranged weapons to create a kill zone between them and act as a coordinator for their firepower. Another might act as a long range support, setting up an artillery emplacement to cover the advance or retreat of a small squad of Splicers. Even a more defensive set-up is possible. Then there's the jack-of-trades who goes for versatility and customizes each pod separately for a different roll.

The best part of this set up is that it doesn't leave the character helpless without the pods (his host armor still has some features). While the character may be quite powerful with the pods attached to his armor (and thus benefiting from all their enhancements), his real strength comes from deploying his pods for various purposes.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Shark_Force
Palladin

having pods could work. i'd say you could go two routes;

1 - the player buys a pod which they can then modify as desired with bio-weapons or certain enhancements (like resin or webs)
2 - the player buys from predesigned pods, which have a preset combination of attributes (MDC, speed, etc) and weapons.

option 1 should allow for slightly better customization, and option 2 imo should probably include some stuff you'd be less likely to pick up on your own but also get a discount on the overall cost. also, imo you should still be able to customize even if you go with the second option.
Razorwing
Hero

Why not both kinds... maybe a set number of pre-designed pods for specific functions that can be further modified by the player... maybe even to help them fill multiple roles. An offensive pod could be given some defensive mods to help them survive a little easier, but likely won't be good at this secondary role as a pod designed for that role.

I'm thinking that each pod starts of as a generic pattern that the player can customize on their own, or buy pre-designed packages to give it a specific role (with a little Bio-E left over for further customization). The packages can even offer a slight Bio-E discount on the mods that wouldn't be available buying the features separately, but the versatility that comes with buying the features on their own (mixing and matching different features) should make both choices competitive.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Shark_Force
Palladin

another possibility to make the uncustomizable pods a bit more appealing might be allowing you to buy something with prerequisites. kinda like how a warmount can start off with weapons that would normally not be possible until level 2-3 or more (though perhaps not fully upgraded versions of things that normally require 4 levels of progression).

but yeah, you could also have a "blank" pod as an option even if you go with the presets. it would probably start off with the lowest of each possible basic attribute (speed, MDC, etc) with the assumption that each of the other pods had already been upgraded in those areas with part of their preset configuration.

one other thing i'll say: i don't think the pods themselves should have a set bio-e. you should buy the pod, and then if you want to invest more just do so from your regular budget.
Razorwing
Hero

I'm thinking that the majority of the character's Bio-E will be focused on the various auto-pods (still working on a name for these)... with only a small amount left for the Host Armor... sort of like how Gardeners focus on their plant fortifications with only a little left for their actual armor. Like the Pack Master, he gets an amount of Bio-E to customize each pod (either as he sees fit or from pre-determined packages that offer a slight discount on the features purchased) and a general pool (that grows per level) to further customize or upgrade all his pods from (this latter pool is a single pool that can be used on a single pod or divided between all his pods).

The pre-determined packages can offer slightly better than normal modifications... such as weaponry that has undergone a single upgrade (can start with a Medium Bore Canon, Lightning Discharger or Casting Launcher), but will likely take between 75 to 90% of the Bio-E budget each Pod gets... depending on how powerful the overall package is. I'm thinking that these packages offer an overall 5 to 10% discount on the features offered, but are very specialized towards a single function.

Also, like a Pack Master, they start of with only a few pods and gets new ones (with starting levels of Bio-E) as they advance. The most powerful can become a walking army, with pods to fit nearly any situation. Unfortunately, most of their power comes from their pods, making the character an easier target when the pods are all deployed. Of course, if they keep their pods on their armor, then they loose their greatest strength in having autonomous pods... being able to deploy their pods to tackle situations in a variety of ways. Their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness... balancing this is the challenge for the character.
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

Razor, that's pretty much how I envisioned it. And I was thinking less of the actual Voltron style amalgamation with each piece being a limb. One idea I am considering is having a Thrall Pod (possible name) that uses flight as primary means of movement (ie something with 2 organic thrusters, etc) that can attach to the back of the being (thinking more of making it closer to a Biotic with pods rather than Host Armor, but could be either). The flying Thrall Pod could attach to the main and provide flight or act as a UAV, aerial attack platform, or other flight-related concept. At higher levels, the main could develop a second flight Thrall Pod, which the main could use both for faster flight speed, one for flight attached to main and one autonomous, or both autonomous with the main not having flight capability.

When I think what something like this would look like, the Lycanmorph concept/picture from Rifts: Mindwerks immediately comes to mind.

For a cool signature bio-enhancement for this, I see an enhanced version of the Bio-Force Field that absorbs enemy damage, converts it to bio-energy, and allows the field user to disperse this converted damage back to the enemy via its ranged and melee built-in Bio-Energy weapons, augmenting its normal striking power. I call this concept the Terminator Field (named after a ship that used the same concept in Star Fleet Battles, also having the Terminator moniker). The field would not regenerate damage as a normal Bio-Force Field would, and could have a catastrophic effect on the character if the damage exceeded the field's capacity. This would also have the hilarious roleplaying effect of a character preparing for a fight, asking other party members to beat on him until his field was charged up to use on enemy combatants.

Hope these sound cool and fun, please let me know if they are dumb concepts.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

GunSeraph06 wrote:All, thanks for the ideas, will definitely use them and develop my concept with your advice. Krispy and Premier, have been a Splicers forum lurker for a long time, and love your work. Splicers is easily the best RPG I've experienced in my 25+ years as a gamer. Premier, are you Chuck Walton? If so, I am a HUGE fan of your work; its what attracted me to Splicers in the first place.

I'm transitioning out of the Army after almost 14 years of service, and being able to write/work with Palladium Books and associated people would be a dream come true. Have always enjoyed Palladium Products growing up and even now, I still reserve Rifts books and The Rifter at my local game store.

Will see what I can flesh out on this over the next few days; Shark, will definitely use the completed form as a starting point. I've also developed tons of bio-enhancements of various types that I will include as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated!

Thank You very much :-D :-D i try my best to expand the world of Splicers; i havent posted much on the forum in a long time, because of Pandorum 1 & 2... whilst also writing the Technojacker sourcebook with Galactus and Guy .... and ive started House of the Red Sands

Yes Premier is Chuck Walton. That is awesome to hear that it was his work which attracted you to Splicers..... I was over the moon when he did some of the illustrations for my Pandorum articles
connecting the dots
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

You know, it was the first Pandorum article that inspired me to get the core book and check it out...I LOVE where you went with it, and Mr. Walton's art really sold it for me. I spent most of my last Afghanistan deployment poring over the core book and Rifters, making characters and adding my own innovations. Articles like yours and art like Chuck's made me truly wonder about the possibilities for Rifts/Splicer crossover stories. A couple of ideas:

1. In a climactic battle with Davy Jones's vampire crab army, the Lemurian King's daughter (and heir) is targeted for capture in a plot to exile the princess through a Rift and create chaos among the Lemurian great houses for potential throne/power grabs based on a broken line of succession. The rift opens, and on the other side, members from House Artemis are tasked by the Kraken commander to investigate. The team get too close, and are pulled into a huge battle between crab-like creatures and what appears to be different forms of Host Armors (Lemurian Bio-Armor). The House Artemis personnel help defeat Davy Jones's attempt to exile the Lemurian princess. They come to understand they are not on their home planet anymore, and find that these worlds have been linked before (Lemurians were able to provide humans their original Proto-Armors!)

2. Somehow, through its experimentation with magic, ARCHIE III is able to open a dialogue with the Nexus! The two machine minds compare notes, share designs, and begin a combined campaign of bio-eradication in both worlds!

Hope these aren't too hokey, and wanted to avoid a possible connection to either Phase World or Atlantis (although these are also certainly viable means of tying into Rifts with Splicer characters).

Just my two cents based on my research into both game worlds, please let me know if I am silly or way off base...
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

GunSeraph06 wrote:You know, it was the first Pandorum article that inspired me to get the core book and check it out...I LOVE where you went with it, and Mr. Walton's art really sold it for me. I spent most of my last Afghanistan deployment poring over the core book and Rifters, making characters and adding my own innovations. Articles like yours and art like Chuck's made me truly wonder about the possibilities for Rifts/Splicer crossover stories. A couple of ideas:

1. In a climactic battle with Davy Jones's vampire crab army, the Lemurian King's daughter (and heir) is targeted for capture in a plot to exile the princess through a Rift and create chaos among the Lemurian great houses for potential throne/power grabs based on a broken line of succession. The rift opens, and on the other side, members from House Artemis are tasked by the Kraken commander to investigate. The team get too close, and are pulled into a huge battle between crab-like creatures and what appears to be different forms of Host Armors (Lemurian Bio-Armor). The House Artemis personnel help defeat Davy Jones's attempt to exile the Lemurian princess. They come to understand they are not on their home planet anymore, and find that these worlds have been linked before (Lemurians were able to provide humans their original Proto-Armors!)

2. Somehow, through its experimentation with magic, ARCHIE III is able to open a dialogue with the Nexus! The two machine minds compare notes, share designs, and begin a combined campaign of bio-eradication in both worlds!

Hope these aren't too hokey, and wanted to avoid a possible connection to either Phase World or Atlantis (although these are also certainly viable means of tying into Rifts with Splicer characters).

Just my two cents based on my research into both game worlds, please let me know if I am silly or way off base...

My Pandorum article inspired you to get the core book.... really?? WOW Thank You :D this big grin doesn't do it justice
I hope you liked the 2nd article

there is nothing hokey about your crossover ideas. its always great to read what others have thought for their games, or just story ideas..... ive been looking over the Marvel vs Capcom stuff on youtube .... man its awesome seeing Dante fighting Deadpool

im imagining now a Kraken entering a rift and thrown into a conflict .... cool

thats all we need, is Archie and NEXUS becoming cyber partners ... a chill just went down my spine
connecting the dots
Razorwing
Hero

Now why didn't I think of adding flight capabilities to the pods? That opens up even more possibilities for them... though the flight capabilities would limit other possible modifications. Still, flight capabilities combined with a Bio-Force Field could make for an effective rescue/evac pod. Combined with a stealth field and one could get a very effective recon drone (even with chameleon skin it could literally hang from ceilings nearly undetected). Some light armaments could make for an impressive aerial attack drone (heavier armaments like casting guns might throw off the pod since ith would have neither the mass nor the ground to brace against the recoil).
Shark_Force
Palladin

i feel like NEXUS and the mechanoids getting together would be more likely than NEXUS and ARCHIE. ARCHIE already had his chance to destroy all humans with the mechanoids, and doesn't really like the idea. he doesn't really want to kill all humans... he wants to rule all humans.

the mechanoids, on the other hand, would probably get along famously with NEXUS. on the flip side, if you had the ARCHIE meet NEXUS at the same time as he had the mechanoids in his facility, he most likely would have gone along (he was halfway there when it was just the mechanoids, after all). who knows, maybe he'd be able to learn a thing or two from hecate about creating his own designs instead of relying on human creativity :)
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

Krispy, it was the pic of the Son of Chaos Host Armor that drew me in, then I read the article and wondered about these Bio-E points and how they worked. I was hooked, and had my local game store order the core book for me. Then I decided I wanted the Rifters with Splicer material, and had them get them for me as well. I have been waiting for so long for a new book.

Love the Swarm Lord, Tormentor, Metamorph, and all the Gorehound variants. Got ideas from the Senator Teigs blurb about her Host Armor, Medusa. Hose Artemis is definitely the house I would play (House Pandorum is a very, very close second).

The world of Splicers is wide open for innovation, which is what makes it so awesome. I was always a Guyver fan growing up (still am), and always wanted to play a kind of character in an RPG based on it. Splicers is truly an original concept, and I wish I could find people to play here, or to let me run a Splicers character in a Rifts campaign.

Definitely can't wait to see what you, Premier, Guy, and Galactus Kid come up with next.
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

Some possible bio-enhancement ideas (some of these are based/extrapolated from other creations I've seen on these forums and in the Rifters). I concede that some of these are pretty powerful and will require balancing:

Multi-Targeting Cluster: This enhancement provides a +2 strike bonus when firing a single weapon at a time. The Multi-Targeting Cluster also enables the Host Armor to use two like ranged weapons to fire as paired weapons, either two weapons at the same target counting as one attack, or separately against two or more targets, doubling the number of attacks per melee effectively. Adds a +1 strike bonus per weapon when using either of the two previously mentioned abilities. Also provides range-finding and target designation capabilities, and can pass this targeting data through Bio-Comms to other personnel Enables extreme zoom for targeting long distance enemies.
Cost: 20 Bio-E Points
Prerequisites: Enhanced Neurological Connections, Ambidexterity

Bladewing Pod System Organic Thruster Upgrade: This upgrade adds a small bladewing pod to each organic thruster nozzle (adds 2 additional nozzles as well). Increases flying speed to 240 MPH, underwater speed to 160 MPH, and much better control, agility, and stealth (much quieter) in the air and underwater. Can increase speed +30 MPH for each Bio-E Points spent, up to a maximum of 450 MPH for flying, 300 MPH underwater. Underwater speed is always 2/3s of Flight Speed. Maximum altitude is 40,000 feet. When needed, can travel at double maximum speed for a number of minutes equal to the user’s PE. Additionally, the “wings”, being extremely flexible and adaptive, on the Bladewing Pods are razor-sharp and can be used to stab or cut an enemy approaching from behind or in front (with Supernatural PS, does 5D6 MD per strike per Bladewing Pod used, 3D6x10 MD if all 6 are used on same target; if wanting to fly, must have 2 Bladewing Pods available not used in an attack, speed is reduced based on number of Bladewing Pods used for flight or underwater movement). Melee attacks with Bladewing Pods are not able to benefit from WP: Paired Weapons. +1 to strike per pod used in the attack (up to 6), +2 to parry, +2 to disarm.
Cost: 60 Bio-E Points
Prerequisites: Organic Thrusters

Bio-Force Projector Cannon: A recent adaptation of the powerful defensive Bio-Force Field used in many Host Armors, this weapon represents a formidable weaponization of the formerly passive system. The crystalline lens aperture for the weapon is deceptively small due entirely to the fact that the Force Projector relies heavily on the pre-existing Bio-Force Field built into the Host Armor to generate its destructive energies. Due to its surprisingly small size, the lens for a Bio-Force Projector Cannon can be located virtually anywhere on a Host Armor.
Cost: 35 Bio-E Points
Range: 3200 feet
Rate of Fire: 1 per melee attack
Bonuses: +1 to strike
Damage: 1D6x10 MD (+ up to 10 MD BFF damage per normal Bio-Force Projector Cannon attack if Bio-Force Energy Capacitor is taken), knockdown on critical strike
Payload: Unlimited
Restrictions: Cannot take any Bio-Enhancement Weapon Upgrades for this system.
Prerequisites: Bio-Force Field

Bio-Force Kinesis System: This rare modification builds additional bio-force field projectors in the Host Armor’s head, making it possible to create a thin layer of force around far objects and enabling the Host Armor to remotely manipulate them. This system is quite complicated to use properly but is extremely useful when needing to move a metallic object with no technojackers around. Can be used by wielder (with Bio-Force Energy Capacitor) to walk and even run up walls and on ceilings.
Limitations: Allows user to move roughly 200 lbs at 100 feet range (maximum). With the Bio-Force Energy Capacitor, increases to 600 lbs at 300 feet range (maximum). With the Advanced Bio-Force Energy Capacitor, increases to 1000 lbs at 500 feet range (maximum)
Bonuses: + 2 to strike and parry with objects (no other bonuses apply). Damage for thrown object is 1d6 MD per 20 lbs.
Cost: 25 Bio-E Points
Prerequisites: A Bio-Force Field with at least 220 MDC

Bio-Force Energy Capacitor: This device enhances Bio-Force based enhancements and Bio-Energy based enhancements. Can be upgraded to the Advanced Bio-Force Energy Capacitor for an additional 25 Bio-E Points.
Cost: 35 Bio-E Points (+25 Bio-E points for Advanced version)
Range: Bio-Force Projector Cannon: 10400 feet (15600 feet with Advanced Bio-Force Energy Capacitor)
Rate of Fire: Requires 3 attacks per shot for aimed and called shots (sniping weapon)
Damage: Bio-Force Projector Cannon: 1D6x10 [the user can add +50 MD per strike (2D6x10+100 MD per strike for Advanced Version) if Bio-Force Field is damaged; these strikes remove 50 MDC of damage per strike (100 MDC for Advanced Version)]. Critical Hit on natural 16-20, x3 damage.
Payload: Unlimited
Special: Allows user to use damage to Bio-Force Field to empower normal or overcharged Force Projector attacks. Also triples weight and range for Bio-Force Kinesis System. Also allows Bio-Energy Blades to add +10 MD (+20 MD for Advanced version) per strike if Bio-Force Field is damaged; these strikes remove 10 MDC (20 MDC for Advanced version) of damage per successful strike. Allows for 350 MDC of Bio-Force Field maximum capacity or 400 MDC for Advanced version (still have to purchase at 5 Bio-E Points per +20 MDC). Doubles amount of uses for Bio-Energy weapons (triples for Advanced version). If Bio-Force Field is reduced to 0 MD, user waits 6 hours instead of 12 (3 for Advanced version). Additionally, the user can choose to regenerate Bio-Force Field (at 2 MDC per minute, 3 for Advanced version) or let damage stay on to use in Bio-Force Projector or Bio-Energy Blade attacks.
Prerequisites: Bio-Force Field, Bio-Force Projector

Biodrones: The Host Armor is able to create small, insect-like drones for the purpose of reconnaissance and sabotage. Housed within a bulging pouch on the Host Armor's back. Each Host Armor can have up to 4 Biodrones. Once awakened the Biodrone climbs from its pouch and becomes an extension of the Host Armor's consciousness, its senses supplementing his own and his thoughts controlling its actions. The Biodrone has no ranged bio-weapons, but it possesses the same senses with 25% range, has several relevant bio-enhancements that its Host Armor possesses and can travel at 25% of its creator's maximum speed. So long as the Host Armor and its Biodrones stay within Bio-Comm range, the pilot can remotely control the mindless creatures while receiving sensory data from them. Its small size makes the Biodrone ideal for reconnaissance work, allowing it to go unnoticed in situations where even a stealthy Host Armor could not possibly avoid detection. If destruction is imminent or the pilot has found a target worthy of sabotage, he may command the Biodrone to detonate the powerful organic explosive device housed within its chest.
Biodrone Size: The bio-construct is only 7 inches long and weights 25 lbs.
MDC. of the Homunculus: 10% of the Host Armor which created it. The birthing/holding pouch in which a Biodrone is held has 1D6x10+40 MDC and requires a Called Shot with a -4 penalty to strike.
Mega-Damage: 2D8x10 MD, to a 25 foot radius if the Biodrone is detonated. Each Biodrone has 4 attacks per melee, and does 1D6 MD with its acid bite (can be used to reduce obstacles in its path during recon missions) or 1D4 MD per claw attack (has 2).
Biodrone Lifespan: 90+1D6 Hours. The Biodrone construct experiences bio-meltdown at the end of its short life unless prematurely destroyed or given the command to detonate, unless it is able to return to the Host Armor before its bio-meltdown.
Payload: A Host Armor can have up to four Biodrones. Unlike a Homunculus, the Biodrones can return to their pouches. The Host Armor only begins growing a new one upon confirmation of destruction of a Biodrone, a process that requires 4D6+24 hours.
Penalties: A Host Armor carrying one or more Biodrones is less agile than it would normally be. This is represented in a -2% penalty per Biodrone in its pouch to the skills Prowl, Acrobatics, Gymnastics, & Swimming.
Cost: 30 Bio-E Points per Biodrone
Prerequisites: Enhanced Neurological Connection & Regeneration: Enhanced (or Super).

Kraken Sensor Package: This Bio-Enhancement combines functions of a few other sensory enhancements (at reduced capacity) to provide better situational awareness for the Host Armor on land, in the water, or in the air. It provides radar functionality (2 mile range, no additional attack), sonar capability (500 ft range underwater), seismic activity monitoring (1 mile), and motion detection (+1 to auto-dodge). All functions are about half the value of their normal counter-part. Can be upgraded twice for 15 additional Bio-E points each, increasing range, adding an additional attack, and other bonuses with each upgrade. Even when fully upgraded, the Kraken Sensor Package will not be as sensitive as its other counterpart enhancement due to its hybrid nature. However, for Great House Artemis Dreadguards assigned to the Kraken, it is extremely versatile for changing mediums and movement modes at a moment’s notice during harrowing missions. Also provides +1 to Initiative and +1 to strike, dodge, and parry.
1st Upgrade (15 Bio-E points): Radar (3 mile range), sonar (750 ft range), seismic activity monitoring (1.5 miles), and motion detection (+2 to auto-dodge, +2 to Initiative and +2 to strike, dodge, and parry)
2nd Upgrade (15 Bio-E points): Radar (4 mile range), sonar (1000 ft range), seismic activity monitoring (2 miles), and motion detection (+3 to auto-dodge, +3 to Initiative, +3 to strike, dodge, and parry)
Cost: 35 Bio-E Points
Prerequisites: Must be a House Artemis Member assigned to the Kraken

Glimmer Gun Array: 2 shoulder mounted weapons firing rapid streams of Bio-Energy packets. Can fire together counting as one attack, or as 2 separate weapons. Mounted on Alastor’s shoulders, can be used during flight for strafing runs or attacking other aerial enemies. Can also be turned to face behind Alastor for attacking enemies from behind or attempting to flank.
Cost: 40 Bio-E Points
Damage: 1D4x10+5 MD for single burst (5 foot blast radius) or 2D4x10+10 MD for double burst (10 foot blast radius)
Range: 2600 feet (5200 feet with Omni Upgrade)
Rate of Fire: Each single or double burst counts as one attack (can be used with Multi-Targeting Cluster for paired weapons)
Bonuses: +3 to strike.
Restrictions: If firing more than 20 double-bursts (40 with Bio-Force Energy Capacitor) per minute (20 or 40 every 4 melee rounds), Alastor receives -2 attacks per melee and halves all combat bonuses for 1D6 minutes until he recovers.
Prerequisites: None

Raptor Variable Munitions: These extremely versatile organic munitions combine the abilities of Organic Rockets, Trench Foot Mines, and other explosive weapon types. The Host Armor can use these as grenades, depth charges, missiles/torpedoes (can transition from air to water or water to air with no issues), mortars/artillery, land mines, sea mines, shaped charges, sticky munitions, aerial-dropped bombs, or even unravel the Raptor to use as detonation cord (30 feet per unraveled Raptor). They can be command detonated using the Host Armor Bio-Comms, proximity detonated by anything other than the Host Armor moving close to them, or set for a timed detonation. The Raptor was originally developed by Great House Artemis to give their Dreadguards more flexibility in combat situations and mission specifications, allowing for underwater demolition, amphibious reconnaissance/assault missions, aerial fire support, and a host of other specific requirements involving explosives or munitions. Before using, the Host Armor determines how the munition will be used, gives a mental command to the Raptor, which is then deployed in the intended manner. Mines will stay active for up to 3 years.
Cost: 10 Bio-E Points per Raptor Variable Munition
Range:
Missile/Torpedo: 3 miles (+5 to strike and dodge, 1 attack per)
Grenade: 150 feet
Damage:
Shaped Charge: 2D4x10+20 MD (no blast radius)
All others: 1D4x10+10 MD (20 foot blast radius)
Claymore or Directional Mine: 1D4x10+10 (30 foot blast cone)
Payload: Maximum of 16 per Host Armor, regenerates in 3D6 hours
Prerequisites: None
Shark_Force
Palladin

huh.

cool ideas, but i'm not sure i see most of them as being terribly distinct from regular upgrades.

from what you had described, i had envisioned more ideas like those scouting drones, tbh...

still, cool stuff :)
GunSeraph06
D-Bee

No, I know Shark, I'm still working on the Amalgamist stuff; this is just some things I came up with (again, based on previous ideas here on the forum and in Rifters) while I was in Afghanistan.

I'll continue to think on it and provide updates and new innovations.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

GunSeraph06 wrote:Krispy, it was the pic of the Son of Chaos Host Armor that drew me in, then I read the article and wondered about these Bio-E points and how they worked. I was hooked, and had my local game store order the core book for me. Then I decided I wanted the Rifters with Splicer material, and had them get them for me as well. I have been waiting for so long for a new book.

Love the Swarm Lord, Tormentor, Metamorph, and all the Gorehound variants. Got ideas from the Senator Teigs blurb about her Host Armor, Medusa. Hose Artemis is definitely the house I would play (House Pandorum is a very, very close second).

The world of Splicers is wide open for innovation, which is what makes it so awesome. I was always a Guyver fan growing up (still am), and always wanted to play a kind of character in an RPG based on it. Splicers is truly an original concept, and I wish I could find people to play here, or to let me run a Splicers character in a Rifts campaign.

Definitely can't wait to see what you, Premier, Guy, and Galactus Kid come up with next.

That Son of Chaos Pics is awesome isnt it. you should have seen my face when i saw it for the first time..... then the four pieces he did for Pandorum 2 :D :D :D

I completely agree with how you describe the innovative capacity for Splicers.

You will not be disappointed with the Technojacker book that myself, Guy and Galactus are writing.... it is soooo close to being finished. Just finishing off a couple of little things, then its a proofread and edit
connecting the dots

Return to “Splicers®”