Character Generaor

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SeaBeast
Newb

Character Generaor

Unread post by SeaBeast »

Hello just a quick demo of my character generator. It is not completed as some classes from RIFTS have yet to be implemented. Since I mostly play fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=268w4qCRrXY

PS: I WILL NOT DISTRIBUTE FOR LEGAL REASONS. So please don't ask.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Re: Character Generaor

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

It's a real pity that this can't be distributed.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Well if it is good you could always submit it to PB to see if they will distribute it.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Be real nice if they let these things be released.
Takes a whole night for everyone at the table to make a pc.....
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Nicely done (lost interest in the gaming session part), and have to say I've done something similar using an Access Database.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Has anyone actually checked with Palladium as to whether it's ok to distribute a character generator or has everyone just assumed from rumours that it's not ok?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

grandmaster z0b wrote:Has anyone actually checked with Palladium as to whether it's ok to distribute a character generator or has everyone just assumed from rumours that it's not ok?

Checked. Long, bad history right back to the nighspawn law suit.
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

Noon wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:Has anyone actually checked with Palladium as to whether it's ok to distribute a character generator or has everyone just assumed from rumours that it's not ok?

Checked. Long, bad history right back to the nighspawn law suit.

2nd that. I've had one for a while that we use at the table for 5-10 min character generation, but have been shut down when trying to market it to them or release for general use.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”