What you need to put them together

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

What you need to put them together

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Yes I know it has already been stated in some of the threads about what you will need, but I thought it would be good to put it under a dedicated post and make it easier for everyone to find. So first, what are the basics you will need to put them together, then what would you add to make it easier, etc. You don't need them, but they could help you.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: What you need to put them together

Unread post by Axoid »

Alpha 11 wrote:Yes I know it has already been stated in some of the threads about what you will need, but I thought it would be good to put it under a dedicated post and make it easier for everyone to find. So first, what are the basics you will need to put them together, then what would you add to make it easier, etc. You don't need them, but they could help you.

Instead of recreating all the threads, I'll put some links in to the different threads that speak to this subject

Glue
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=145155

Excellent overview build video for a battloid
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=145155

Battloid Arms Guide
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=145255

I'm sure there are a few others, but these should answer your main question.
Very Fun One Jr
D-Bee

Unread post by Very Fun One Jr »

Time. Lots and lots of time.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Time. Lots and lots of time.

Ha ha ha... So true! I have already spent whole evenings doing just that. Ah well its a chore but I do so love the results.
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

I second the lots of time. I'm still working on the bonus stuff yet not even on to the starter box
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

I second the lots of time. I'm still working on the bonus stuff yet not even on to the starter box
Alpha 11
Palladin

So, what is about the average time to put some of these things together?
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Very Fun One Jr wrote:Time. Lots and lots of time.

Oh, my, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thanks!
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Alpha 11 wrote:So, what is about the average time to put some of these things together?

It took me at least 20-30 minutes for each model, including clipping, clean up, and assembly. Double that the first time building a new type. The VFs Battloid and guardians take the longest.

The Battlepods were slightly faster. Say about 35-40 minutes for a set of three.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

LtPebbles wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:So, what is about the average time to put some of these things together?

It took me at least 20-30 minutes for each model, including clipping, clean up, and assembly. Double that the first time building a new type. The VFs Battloid and guardians take the longest.

The Battlepods were slightly faster. Say about 35-40 minutes for a set of three.

Take your time assembling your first model of each type. Once you are happy with that, you should be able to assemble a squadron in an evening. My method is to take the sprues needed for a squadron, then clip all the same parts out at once and glue them. While the glue is setting, assemble the next set of parts, and so on. When you're done, you'll have a bunch of torsos, a bunch of arms, a bunch of legs, etc. Then assemble each complete model. Like i mentioned, should be able to do this in a few hours once you are comfortable with the process.
Alpha 11
Palladin

LtPebbles wrote:

Thanks for the time frame, and ya, thought it would long the first time, and faster as you went along. And I won't be surprise if it takes a little longer with it being the first time doing anything like this.

Axoid wrote:
LtPebbles wrote:

Take your time assembling your first model of each type. Once you are happy with that, you should be able to assemble a squadron in an evening. My method is to take the sprues needed for a squadron, then clip all the same parts out at once and glue them. While the glue is setting, assemble the next set of parts, and so on. When you're done, you'll have a bunch of torsos, a bunch of arms, a bunch of legs, etc. Then assemble each complete model. Like i mentioned, should be able to do this in a few hours once you are comfortable with the process.

I really like this. Very assembly line like and effecent. I will try and use this way. And thanks for the help!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”