where i can send my game miniatures to build and paint them

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

where i can send my game miniatures to build and paint them

Unread post by ZINO »

‎hi i just got my set Robotech Tactics is there place/company where i can send my game miniatures to build and paint them
but not so expensive to paint
post the companies .
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Forar
Hero

Re: where i can send my game miniatures to build and paint t

Unread post by Forar »

Given that your location is noted as New York, I'm sure there must be local companies/individuals that would be willing to do the work.

The quality of that work and their pricing would remain to be seen. Maybe check Craigslist? Also, if you have local gaming shops, maybe see if there's anyone around willing to take on the project?

Keep in mind, assembly and painting *can* be hours for a single figure, depending on the standard you're expecting, and so having dozens or hundreds of figures done can be very expensive.

Alternatively, if you have friends that do miniatures, maybe try to work something out with them?

And if you're not 100% attached to keeping the entire package, you could always try to work out a trade system; for assembly and painting of one Battlepod squad, you'll give them one of their own, or something like that.

Just some options/thoughts.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

ZINO while we had discussed a possible commission a good while back I understand you want them painted now. Forar has made some very good suggestions I think. There is almost always one halfway decent painter at every gamestore. Most are only simi-pro which can be a good thing or at least very affordable. So I would look around your local area first. I can not in good conscious recommend Blue Table Painting however. They were contracted to do the Robotech stuff for GenCon and in my personal opinion the results were disappointing.

While I may become available early next year the quantity I can handle is small due to my working a full time job and having little personal time.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Yeah. On further thought, assembly AND painting AND shipping (presumably the person commissioning the work probably pays both ways) would be pretty expensive.

I'd check out local options first. Maybe start small; see if they're willing to do up a couple of figures, maybe a half dozen battlepods or something, to see how long it takes them, what they charge per figure and what kind of job they do. Keep it low risk. If you're happy with the job, expand to a larger project.

Keep in mind that like any custom work, you're often going to get what you pay for. If you want to remain cost effective, it's probably not going to be an award winning job, but if you simply can't fathom assembling and painting this many figures, having someone do it cheaply probably isn't going to be an award winning job. And that's not a bad thing. I'll bet even some college student looking to make a few bucks in their spare time will still be orders of magnitude than the stuff I'll be putting together and painting up myself.

Edit; the extra advantages of staying local are that you can see some of their prior works in person, perhaps even see them working on things in stores or some such. And frankly, worst case scenario; if things go horribly awry and legal action becomes necessary, doing so locally is probably going to be much easier. Not that it's likely to come to that, but there are horror stories out there.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

That's going to be hard for me to find someone locally with me being in ND. But I'm almost definitely going to need help with all that I will be getting, and it being my first time doing anything like this. I will try to do some myself, but, like I said, will need help with the rest.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

godsgopher wrote:ZINO while we had discussed a possible commission a good while back I understand you want them painted now. Forar has made some very good suggestions I think. There is almost always one halfway decent painter at every gamestore. Most are only simi-pro which can be a good thing or at least very affordable. So I would look around your local area first. I can not in good conscious recommend Blue Table Painting however. They were contracted to do the Robotech stuff for GenCon and in my personal opinion the results were disappointing.

While I may become available early next year the quantity I can handle is small due to my working a full time job and having little personal time.

first thank you godsgopher you rock!!!!
but the reason i posted this is one to help those that need help with this awesome work we have
two i slow down due to the fact I .... well we as a family had to take a an emergency she had to go to surgery but she find and recovery and we are dealing with other factors
and getting back I want to shout across the bow and see we can find honest and awesome painter like you
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Minis_by_zach
D-Bee

Unread post by Minis_by_zach »

Hello folks! I'm new to this board but was referred by one of its members!

My name is Zach,
I am a commission painter/builder/what ever your modeling needs maybe
I'd would love to get some of this fantastic games models in my portfolio and love to do business for some of you fine folks if interested. I believe the man whom started this thread is my first client, he contacted me via Facebook, which if you want to add me is Minisby Zach, I accept everyone even if it's just so you can see what I'm about or ask questions :) or via email at minisbyzach@yahoo.com all of my work is on my Facebook page and my prices are very reasonable! If your interested im sure we can work something out! :)

Thank you for your time!

Zach

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”