More special character questions

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Very Fun One Jr
D-Bee

More special character questions

Unread post by Very Fun One Jr »

Are special characters considered a part of a squadron? If so, can special characters benefit from Built-In Upgrades purchased for the unit they are a member of? Can a Built-in Upgrade modify a characters stats (like Veteran for a Regult unit)? Can a character's mecha receive a support card like a Command Destroid Upgrade?
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: More special character questions

Unread post by Pythdamion »

I would say yes in all cases as the character changes the pilot and upgrades change the mecha.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: More special character questions

Unread post by Phaze »

I'll put my opinion out there for this: (please put further rules questions in the NEW rules section of the Forum. This may get moved.)

Very Fun One Jr wrote:Are special characters considered a part of a squadron?

Yes, just as Support cards are "added" to the squadron, Specials Characters are as well. A Special Character is added to one of the Mecha already in the squadron, and doesn't add an additional mecha. This makes the Special Characters seperate from Special Support cards, as you can have (and in some cases HAVE to have) a Special Support Card with a Special Character, i.e. Roy Fokker.

Very Fun One Jr wrote:If so, can special characters benefit from Built-In Upgrades purchased for the unit they are a member of? Can a Built-in Upgrade modify a characters stats (like Veteran for a Regult unit)?

Yes, as the current two characters for the regult have no stat modifications of their own, just special abilities, I don't see a problem with the vet upgrade affecting the special character.

Very Fun One Jr wrote:Can a character's mecha receive a support card like a Command Destroid Upgrade?

This one is much harder to see possible issues. The only two special characters this would effect are Rick and Dietrich, since those are the only two that have the ability to pilot a destroid and have skill bonuses. The way I see it is that the Command Destroid Upgrade is a hardware upgrade, not a personnel upgrade. This is bolstered by the actual mini and part for the Command Upgrade. Without putting additional exceptions in the game about who can and can't use the Upgrade, its seems to be an easy call to say 'Yes, you can add a Command Destroid Upgrade to a character'.

Anybody seeing something I am missing?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”