Gen Con Review and plans for the future

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gen Con Review and plans for the future

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

Hello all, First I want to say we did a great job at Gen-Con, we over sold the tables by approximately 58 people +/- 15, from the soft numbers that are coming in from the ticket confirmation scans.

For the most part we had a great turn out, only two hiccups of major concern, the first was a rifts game on Saturday had only 2 people show up the G.M still ran a fantastic game from the reports I took from the players after, The other was we had two G.M's leave late Saturday which left their Sunday games in a lurch, I want to say a big thanks to the two G.M.'s who opened their tables to the disposed players and ran a great game.

The coupon idea for the con was arousing success from what I gathered and moved a good bit of product at the booth, so this is an idea to keep in mind for our other MA's out there to generate some interest at the convention games on their own, we will always send swag but also to see if the sales room has a book store or dealer who carries palladium partner up with them for a discount coupon for those players, increase there sales and in return palladium's when those players go there and buy Palladium products

I spoke to the Gen Con staff, and they where very impressed with our numbers, if every one remembers they where hesitant to the number of games we had set as this was the first time Palladium had this many games in play at their convention.

I have a soft approval that if we can get five G.M's to run tactics next year each day they can find us a spot in the Miniatures room for free . While I was down at the Booth, a gentleman was speaking to Kevin and I over what he was hoping for next year, when he started talking about an elimination tourney for Robotech tactics in the form of the old War hammer tourneys. So my first big question on this to you our MA's would this be something you would sign up for and if so what would you like to see as a grand prize?

Say a double elimination round tournament, possibly have three tiers for those who want short versus long games say first tier, full army small point buy to keep the battles at an hour a piece. Second tier squad based use the small board from the booth design, and the last Tier using the small board again, a gladiatorial style game one piece, with mod cards, playing for kills, each round has a minimum buy in the longer the piece goes with out defeat, will wins a prize,

This way each level of enthusiast can get in on the Robotech tactics fun and the word gets spread of the versatility of the game in general.

the Robotech Tactics games where a smashing success, the GM for the four games (Phaze) in the Palladium room, had a sold out house each night and standing room most of the time, many of the players and observes I witnessed down at the booth later on also checking the pieces. And pre-order forms.

I will post videos on Facebook at the https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palladiu ... =bookmarks as I get them collated off my tablet and phone.

So until then game on
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Re: Gen Con Review and plans for the future

Unread post by JimmyB »

I have been running games at Gen Con Indy since 2003, and I have to say
this year was insane. The number of games and even more importantly
the number of gamers this year was incredible. Seeing every game table
full with add ins was great. I for one am looking forward to doing this again
next year.

On that note, I just want to say "Outstanding job everyone"
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

Yes it was Jimmy, going to be setting up for next year in a couple months then we roll out the plans.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I've heard from a couple friends about the PB room at GenCon. They both said it was rocking and even though they didn't play anything, they heard from others who played in PB events and saw the room was full.

Major Congrats to the MAs!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Com02 wrote:I was actually the guy talking to Kevin on Sunday about running tournaments next year. I ended up playing in 3 of the sessions Phaze ran and had a few people coming up and asking if there were any plans for organized play in the future for Robotech RPG Tactics. Based on the sheer number of people coming in and checking out the game (in part to the wonderful work that Phaze did on the board) I think getting space down in the actual mini's area would be huge for attracting new players.

I would love to be involved with running demo games next year if you're looking for volunteers. I live in the Detroit, MI area but I don't really frequent any game stores so I'm not sure if I would qualify for becoming an MA. I do have a half dozen people at work (large mini gaming crowd there with several other systems) that are anxiously awaiting me to start running games for them with the mountain of stuff I have coming from the Kickstarter.
Anyone with the desire to help promote Palladium and its products qualifies for becoming an MA.

We are definitely looking at running tournaments at next years Gen Con and should the situation permit us, at other conventions as well. This is new territory for many of the MA Coordinators, so we are looking at this cautiously and carefully.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

RPG's are bust as far as my local con is concerned (and locally in general for me as well in regards to Palladium)

Tactics may be something that MIGHT work, I can't really do anything until i get my Battlecry Pledge though. Once I do then I'll be seeing about demos at the local shop and next springs local con.

As for Next month's local con....I'll be printing up flyers for RRT again as I did in March but this time I'll be using images of the Minis that have been posted up on Facebook (with permission of course) as well as any images of games in progress. Looking at printing up 50 full colour flyers.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Ah to hell with it. NMI, you still got my info? Might as well add me back in as an MA. Worst case I can see about running it with any rules I can get from someone and paper "minis" at the local store until I get my pledge and get it assembled and painted.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

jaymz wrote:Ah to hell with it. NMI, you still got my info? Might as well add me back in as an MA. Worst case I can see about running it with any rules I can get from someone and paper "minis" at the local store until I get my pledge and get it assembled and painted.
Send me a message on Facebook so that it is waiting for me when I get home and it can remind me then.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

jaymz wrote:Ah to hell with it. NMI, you still got my info? Might as well add me back in as an MA. Worst case I can see about running it with any rules I can get from someone and paper "minis" at the local store until I get my pledge and get it assembled and painted.

Welcome back Jaymz!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I make no promises if how much or how often I can do things but I will do them.

\m/
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

Jaymz. You don't have to be a gaming freak setting up at every convention within 50 miles.
If you do what you can do, then you are promoting the games, and that is all that matters. :)

Myself as an example. My job is fairly aggressive, getting more than just Saturday and Sunday off is difficult,
so I only intend to run games at Gen Con and the Open House every year. Maybe once I am
in a permanent position and not contracting anymore, I can increase that. Until then, any other cons
I go to. I simply break out the Palladium T Shirts, and my walking promotion daughter with her T shirt,
Hoodie and ball cap.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”