Tormenter???

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Tormenter???

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Are we ever going to find out what's growing in this guy from Rifter 50.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Tormenter???

Unread post by BookWyrm »

If these are the opposites of Gene-Pools & Librarians, I shudder to conceive of what an adult larvae of a Tormenter becomes. One idea I've had is the Adult becomes a "breeder" of sorts, providing a few larvae for Saints & new Tormentors (I'd say the host is eventually consumed for bio-mater, then the dessicated Host-Armor shell cracks like an egg & disgorges 2-3 healthy Saint larvae and 1-2 Tormenter larva); another is that the Adult (as above) consumes the host & armor, but soon withers and dies.
A third concept is that the adult becomes what some have come to call an "Inquisitor", with all the powers of a Saint but twisted (Alignments: Anarchist & Aberrant) or downright evil (Diabolic), torturing the 'subjects' under their ministrations to near death, then healing them completely to start the cycle all over again. Little humanity remains in these creatures save for what it deems necessary (a basic humanoid form, some form of vocal apparatus for speech).....

I would need the authors of the article in Rifter #50, of the Tormenter OCC, to chime in on this. Maybe post a basic outline here for all to see & fine-tune. I'm willing to throw in a few concepts already brewing in the back of my mind....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:Are we ever going to find out what's growing in this guy from Rifter 50.

Yes. Matt Orr and I are already working on a number of Splicers books, including one that will have some additional information regarding the Tormentor.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Shadow Wyrm wrote:Are we ever going to find out what's growing in this guy from Rifter 50.

Yes. Matt Orr and I are already working on a number of Splicers books, including one that will have some additional information regarding the Tormentor.

Sweet.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

[Monty Burns] Ehxcellent. [/Burns)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “Splicers®”