Rifter 66 Bestiary?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

89er
Adventurer

Rifter 66 Bestiary?

Unread post by 89er »

The concept alone is interesting, but could one of the splice-staff expand on the preview?

Also: Sourcebooks, new machine minions, and gore puppies.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifter 66 Bestiary?

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

89er wrote:The concept alone is interesting, but could one of the splice-staff expand on the preview?

Krispy and I were talking about this over the weekend. Who wrote it? It sounds like it could be awesome!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
89er wrote:The concept alone is interesting, but could one of the splice-staff expand on the preview?

Krispy and I were talking about this over the weekend. Who wrote it? It sounds like it could be awesome!

What am I? Chopped liver? :-D

Yeah, we would be interested to know if it was one of our regular Spliceheads who wrote this.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:What am I? Chopped liver? :-D

@#$%, GK, I am sorry!! You were in that conversation with us! We talked about it some more after you left; that's what was in my head.

I prostate myself before you and beg forgiveness.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:What am I? Chopped liver? :-D

@#$%, GK, I am sorry!! You were in that conversation with us! We talked about it some more after you left; that's what was in my head.

I prostate myself before you and beg forgiveness.

hahaha. ew. gross.

Oh prosTRATE. gotcha.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:hahaha. ew. gross.

Oh prosTRATE. gotcha.

Ha! Exactly. Works better when you say it to someone and see if they catch it.

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

There is indeed some new Splice bloodline flowing in this RIfter!!! :D
I have read the article and it is well worth the purchase!

Special note: Gorepuppies will be issued for this Christmas to worthy Packmasters. Stay tuned for more details.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

the store where i usually purchase all of my gaming merchandise, has dropped the ball for some reason, so i decided to order a couple of books directly from PB

i ordered Rifter 59 & 66 yesterday.... now i have to wait for a couple of weeks for them to be shipped to australia; but i am salivating with anticipation to finally read GKs Gorehound expansion material ..... and the Bestiary article (and see Chucks ever awesome artwork) in the new R66

i have to ask; who is the mysterious author of the Bestiary article ??? is it a contributor to this forum?? or a long time lurker, but never poster??

sorry i haven't been on the forum that much lately fellow Splicerheads, my job has been extremely busy this year, and every spare second i get, i have been putting towards a number of writing projects......

a few months ago now, i finished and submitted for the Rifter, an expansion article for H. Pandorum..... i have also been chipping away at a big Splicer project with a couple of great guys, and i can see the finishing line for it now

The Splice will flow
connecting the dots
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The New Splice-Walker is named, "Edward Sauerland."

I had the pleasure of reading this article and I think its the spice that will certainly add to the Splicers setting and gameplay experiences. Its a nice peek into the things that go wild. Edward developed a nice diversity and I am already thinking how some of these critters can play out in various scenarios in future adventures.

Reading his article reminded me why I am so proud of the Splicehead Contributors.

Got me fired back up and made me crack open the WIP Preserves: sourcebook script.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

I enjoyed the info... kind of wish there was a guide to attributes, but it's still good. My poor players...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Some pretty nifty critters in this. One small error I noticed though is the Johna sea dragon critter has no bite damage listed in its combat stats. One would assume any critter with a mouth/head that large would have a pretty good bite attack.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I really like the Ranger OCC. Congratulations to the author!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

It's actually very good. Giant Chickens as a threat? The posibilities boggle the mind. Not only that, but the Ranger OCC is very impressive.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

with controlled anticipation, i received my copies of the Rifter 59 & 66 last friday, and read them on the weekend. its always great to get new material for Splicers :D

Brandon, i really like what you did with the Packmaster and the Gorehounds, it really enables the player to have a signature style for their character.... i really like the xenobred and how they can track the machine

the Bestiary... a lot of cool critters to incorporate into the setting. i really love the knifeskin and the Jonah and the Gut Ripper and Stoneback are really cool too.
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

krispy wrote:Brandon, i really like what you did with the Packmaster and the Gorehounds, it really enables the player to have a signature style for their character.... i really like the xenobred and how they can track the machine.

Thanks Kris! I'm glad that you enjoyed the article. Eventually even that material will be expanded to give players even more options, but that is on the back burner until we can get a couple of projects out of the way.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
krispy wrote:Brandon, i really like what you did with the Packmaster and the Gorehounds, it really enables the player to have a signature style for their character.... i really like the xenobred and how they can track the machine.

Thanks Kris! I'm glad that you enjoyed the article. Eventually even that material will be expanded to give players even more options, but that is on the back burner until we can get a couple of projects out of the way.

awesome credit where its due mate :) i have waited for ages to get 59. i ordered that thing through my regular channels in australia over a year ago and nothing, so when i saw that PB had copies of it during the sale; i thought i have to get it now, im not going to miss it again.

the material will be expanded to give players even more options :D (insert homerdrooling.jpeg)

i have been putting a lot of thought into expanding and submitting my H. Myre for a Rifter submission
connecting the dots
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

BookWyrm wrote:It's actually very good. Giant Chickens as a threat? The posibilities boggle the mind. Not only that, but the Ranger OCC is very impressive.

Yeah I pondered the idea of giant chicken scenarios, and most of them boiled down to prey items for Host Armors, Warmounts, Gorehounds and the overall platoon /team. However, being startled by a flock of giant chickens shooting from out of the brush or tall grass or weeds, might cause accidental misfires or frantic reactions. Or whatever is scaring them might give you and your party a heads up that something(s) is lurking about. Perhaps they are being spooked by you and giving away your team's position. I also wont forget that once blood is in the air, what other predators and scavengers might come looking for the kill. So you not only have to chase these fast paced, agile critters and eat what you can when you can, but you might end up having to defend your kill against deadlier competitors.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I received #66, and I like the taste of what is being offered. Sad about the exploding otters/Gluttons. Each monster has the potential for the core of a warmount or Host Armor. Stoneback-style Host Armor, Gut Ripper based Biotic, the list goes on. The Ranger was also nice, having a splicer that studies monsters, and not just harvert them at their peril.

Only problem is that I am itching for a next does of bestiary, good work to all.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:I received #66, and I like the taste of what is being offered. Sad about the exploding otters/Gluttons. Each monster has the potential for the core of a warmount or Host Armor. Stoneback-style Host Armor, Gut Ripper based Biotic, the list goes on. The Ranger was also nice, having a splicer that studies monsters, and not just harvert them at their peril.

Only problem is that I am itching for a next does of bestiary, good work to all.

I knew that you would enjoy this article. Your always thinking on that special edge. Your idea of potential Warmounts & new innovative Bio-Enhancements is exactly why such a diverse bestiary is needed. That's why the SPLICERS: Preserves sourcebook will really help push the setting on many paths. Just so many things in the pipeline for this gameline, WE really need to see the SPLICE surge to get them all released.

Maybe Ed will/can write a follow up article or the like o hold us over, until then.

Really curious to hear how these critters are going to play with others.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

OH sooo many idea so many new bio tech can be made thank to Ranger love book thx aging.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®

Return to “Splicers®”