We Gots The Skills

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: We Gots The Skills

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

abe wrote:invention, this skill is primarally to be combined with other skills to make inventions!
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?
You have entire hardware categories and a super-invention category devoted to this. Summing it up as a skill falls short and shows no understanding of the invention process.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

abe wrote:invention, this skill is primarally to be combined with other skills to make inventions!
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

I think you didn't listen to a single bit of the good and helpful and knowledgeable advice we offered you. Instead of having an idea and sitting on it, letting it grow and develop into some seriously impressive $#!+ ; you went off and did what you always do (despite our advice, encouragement, warnings), You run over to the forums, squat down bare cheekd and then go and blow that stinking diarrhea turd of an idea all over the thread. Look there's a chunk of corn, and there, Abe, have you been eating peanuts man? Now I know not every post is going to be a gem. Some of them are bound to be turd. And until you can figure out how to tell a gem from a turd then you should probably sit on all your ideas until you can tell them apart. Is it nice, shiny, and well put together from the start? Might be a gem. Is it rough and lumpy, does it kind of stink a bit and no one wants to use it? Sounds like a turd. Can you try polishing the turd up any? Cause if you can polish the turd enough, get the crap off and let the gem inside come out. well then you've got someone special there.

The point I'm tryin to make with my ramblings (god bless ambien) is we want you to STOP GIVING US TURDS FOR IDEAS. If you'd put more work into them, rather than just post the first idea you pull out of your butt, you could have some really interesting skills. But seriously, no body wants an unpolished butt nugget.

If you can't make it shine, don't waste your time.

PS Should there be any, I accept responsibility for my actions. They were done for the good of the post. To build it, make it stronger, to train up the unskilled and strengthen the weak. While harsh, I did not use my words with malice.

Warning: User warned. - NMI
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

Are you for real? I mean seriously? Or is this some bad Troll attempt?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

13eowulf wrote:
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

this is for real & I meant it as a "mental" skill (like physical but for the mind)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

this is for real & I meant it as a "mental" skill (like physical but for the mind)

In that case, to answer your question, what I think is you need to stop. You need to stop and read all the helpful well worded and polite posts that have been directed towards you.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

I could see inventiveness or creativity as a skill which gives a 5% bonus to skills when being creative or inventive, and at best a +2 to IQ, but that is not what you wrote.

Creativity (Technical/Domestic): The character engages in training and exercises to promote creativity and develop inventive potential, and thus gets bonuses for performing skills which are geared toward the creative process. Bonuses: +2 to IQ, +5% to any artistic skills, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, as well as any robotics skills the character might possess.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[

Creativity (Technical/Domestic): The character is naturally creative and inventive, getting bonuses for performing skills which are geared toward the creative process. Bonuses: +2 to IQ, +5% to any artistic skills, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, as well as any robotics skills the character might possess.

Nitpick: not sure NATURALLY is the best word to describe a skill to promote creative/inventive work; it might be better to word it as 'training and exercises to promote creativity and develop inventive potential'. ;)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[

Creativity (Technical/Domestic): The character is naturally creative and inventive, getting bonuses for performing skills which are geared toward the creative process. Bonuses: +2 to IQ, +5% to any artistic skills, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, as well as any robotics skills the character might possess.

Nitpick: not sure NATURALLY is the best word to describe a skill to promote creative/inventive work; it might be better to word it as 'training and exercises to promote creativity and develop inventive potential'. ;)
Gotcha. I kind of just wrote what came to mind, but I will edit it accordingly.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Gotcha. I kind of just wrote what came to mind, but I will edit it accordingly.

S'right. You might have been thinking of the 'Natural Genius' power category. ;)
Now...a NG taking this skill...ouch, that's like overkill... :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

13eowulf wrote:
abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

In that case, to answer your question, what I think is you need to stop. You need to stop and read all the helpful well worded and polite posts that have been directed towards you.

13eowulf, play nice.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
bonus-+1d4 to i.q.
what do you think?

I think you didn't listen to a single bit of the good and helpful and knowledgeable advice we offered you. Instead of having an idea and sitting on it, letting it grow and develop into some seriously impressive $#!+ ; you went off and did what you always do (despite our advice, encouragement, warnings), You run over to the forums, squat down bare cheekd and then go and blow that stinking diarrhea turd of an idea all over the thread. Look there's a chunk of corn, and there, Abe, have you been eating peanuts man? Now I know not every post is going to be a gem. Some of them are bound to be turd. And until you can figure out how to tell a gem from a turd then you should probably sit on all your ideas until you can tell them apart. Is it nice, shiny, and well put together from the start? Might be a gem. Is it rough and lumpy, does it kind of stink a bit and no one wants to use it? Sounds like a turd. Can you try polishing the turd up any? Cause if you can polish the turd enough, get the crap off and let the gem inside come out. well then you've got someone special there.

The point I'm tryin to make with my ramblings (god bless ambien) is we want you to STOP GIVING US TURDS FOR IDEAS. If you'd put more work into them, rather than just post the first idea you pull out of your butt, you could have some really interesting skills. But seriously, no body wants an unpolished butt nugget.

If you can't make it shine, don't waste your time.

PS Should there be any, I accept responsibility for my actions. They were done for the good of the post. To build it, make it stronger, to train up the unskilled and strengthen the weak. While harsh, I did not use my words with malice.

The Oh So Amazing Nate, play nice
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Folks, not everyone speaks, reads, writes or even thinks the same ways as everyone else.

I dont want to have to come back to this thread and actually start issuing warnings for people being mean or disrespectful.

Please be constructive in your criticism of others writings and ideas. Dont be insulting as some of you have been of late.

End of discussion.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

NMI wrote:Folks, not everyone speaks, reads, writes or even thinks the same ways as everyone else.

I dont want to have to come back to this thread and actually start issuing warnings for people being mean or disrespectful.

Please be constructive in your criticism of others writings and ideas. Dont be insulting as some of you have been of late.

End of discussion.

thank you.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Not not giving credence to the purposed skill, but, Abe....you did not have a paragraph (or so) describing the Idea you had of what the skill does. Like what is in the skills section of the main books. So you idea was not fully expressed in what you wrote.

To Everyone...
A good filter between good and bad ideas for skills is that if you can not write up a descriptive paragraph about what it does, if is not a good idea..or it is not a fully formed idea.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

That is my main criticism of Abe's work, that his ideas are never fully fleshed out. I did at least attempt to try and understand what he was trying to do and write out something based on what little he did provide.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Carry on people.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Is there a joke crafting skill already in the books? If not, maybe I could work on something. Somehow the word "Punmanship" popped into my head and won't go away. I think it is due to something Nate said in the New Powers thread.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Is there a joke crafting skill already in the books? If not, maybe I could work on something. Somehow the word "Punmanship" popped into my head and won't go away. I think it is due to something Nate said in the New Powers thread.

I don't think so.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Is there a joke crafting skill already in the books? If not, maybe I could work on something. Somehow the word "Punmanship" popped into my head and won't go away. I think it is due to something Nate said in the New Powers thread.

I'd consider it to be an aspect of Language and/or Literacy, rather than a separate skill. It takes some knowledge of a language, either spoken or written , to spot potential word play.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

I'd consider it to be an aspect of Language and/or Literacy, rather than a separate skill. It takes some knowledge of a language, either spoken or written , to spot potential word play.
I could see literacy as being a prerequisite, but joke writing could be a skill on its own the same as writing is. You would have to make a successful skill roll to have the joke make logical sense and be funny.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I could see literacy as being a prerequisite, but joke writing could be a skill on its own the same as writing is. You would have to make a successful skill roll to have the joke make logical sense and be funny.

Aaahhh...I still think you can pun with just a language/literacy skill; sometimes all a pun is is a commonly acknowledged misspelling, mispronouncing, or clumsy translation. And some people would tell you punning isn't terribly sophisticated, especially when a pun is forced. Scriptwriting, especially comedy, I could see as a skill, because it goes beyond messing with the language and adds the components of acting(even if by proxy) and a knowledge of various dramatic devices.
Then again, isn't there a Haiku skill? Then by precedent one would have to allow punning as a skill, but IMHO I still feel it's covered by an advanced enough language skill.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Aaahhh...I still think you can pun with just a language/literacy skill; sometimes all a pun is is a commonly acknowledged misspelling, mispronouncing, or clumsy translation. And some people would tell you punning isn't terribly sophisticated, especially when a pun is forced. Scriptwriting, especially comedy, I could see as a skill, because it goes beyond messing with the language and adds the components of acting(even if by proxy) and a knowledge of various dramatic devices.
Then again, isn't there a Haiku skill? Then by precedent one would have to allow punning as a skill, but IMHO I still feel it's covered by an advanced enough language skill.
I think if you did it as comedy writing, there might be enough to merit it as its own skill. I will have to think more o it before putting anything down in writing on it anyhow.
taalismn
Priest

Playwriting might cover a wider variety of genres, if it is to be performed.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Playwriting might cover a wider variety of genres, if it is to be performed.
It might at that.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Playwriting might cover a wider variety of genres, if it is to be performed.
It might at that.

Prereq Literacy/Language, maybe modifiers from Public Speaking and Performance?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
It might at that.

Prereq Literacy/Language, maybe modifiers from Public Speaking and Performance?

Would the Creative Writing skill also be a prereq? (or perhaps cover the writing of jokes from earlier as well?)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

a dancing specialaty(if it hasn't been done already) breakdancing!
just see street preformers for details
base chance-25+3 for every point over 16 + 5% per level.
what do you think?
Last edited by abe on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

abe wrote:a dancing specialaty(if it hasn't been done already) breakdancing!
base chance-25+physical dexterity + 5% per level.
what does you think.

1st, I think you mean "Physical Prowess".
2nd, I would not add the actual attribute BUT instead, take the Prowess stat on the IQ chart and use the appropriate bonus.. or and I like this better:

25%+5% per level of an experience. Add 2% for every 3 pts of Prowess above a 16.

That's my thought on it.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

I fixed it.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

what do you think?

I think that Street Performing is a large, rich, and greatly diverse type of entertainment of which dancing is only a very very very small part, and of that very small part breakdancing is an even smaller part.

I also think that you are using the term 'breakdancing' to describe street dance, which is erroneous, for while breakdancing is part of Street Dance, there is much more to Street Dance than Breakdancing. Further most Street Dance has nothing to do with Street Performance, as the two are actually very separate things and using one to describe the other is leading to some confusion.

Perhaps if you could expand upon what your intent here is, with greater definition or explanation?
I might politely suggest researching the subject first so that the description provided can more accurately convey the idea you have to others.

Also, in the percentage, every point of what exactly?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

13eowulf wrote:
what do you think?

I think that Street Performing is a large, rich, and greatly diverse type of entertainment of which dancing is only a very very very small part, and of that very small part breakdancing is an even smaller part.

I also think that you are using the term 'breakdancing' to describe street dance, which is erroneous, for while breakdancing is part of Street Dance, there is much more to Street Dance than Breakdancing. Further most Street Dance has nothing to do with Street Performance, as the two are actually very separate things and using one to describe the other is leading to some confusion.

Perhaps if you could expand upon what your intent here is, with greater definition or explanation?
I might politely suggest researching the subject first so that the description provided can more accurately convey the idea you have to others.

p.p. & I was suggesting this as specialization of dance anyway.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
what do you think?

p.p. & I was suggesting this as specialization of dance anyway.

But you said "see street performance for details", however as I pointed out if one was to look up Street Performance one would not find much, if any, information on Street Dance, let alone Breakdancing. Further, are you refering to Street Dance overall, or are you explicitly referring to B-Boying. In which case which style of B-Boying?

Or are you referring to Street Performance, only confused as to what Street Performance actually is?

Your response leaves many of the issue I addressed unresolved, in order for this to be an actual skill those issues would need to be addressed. I suggest using full sentences in perhaps paragraph form for the skill description, as it might better convey your idea to others.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

sorry, I don't tend to think in that fashion, so my skills & other write-ups tend to come in that fashion as well.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:sorry, I don't tend to think in that fashion, so my skills & other write-ups tend to come in that fashion as well.

What 'fashion' are you referring to?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

Since nothing in the description for 'Breakdancing' distinguishes it in any meaningful way from 'Dancing', I'd simply file it under 'Dancing'.
Especially since 'Dancing' is general enough, and one taking the skill is most likely to learn local native dance in their area anyways(one isn't going to find many studios for clog dancing in Buenos Aires, just as one isn't likely to learn hula dancing right off the bat in Belfast) I'd simply declare that one may as well claim a specialization for ANY non-native/local dance(so an LA breakdancer would have to take a specialization if they wanted to learn proper ballroom dancing or ballet) if they were pursuing it as a professional skill. Otherwise, just use Dancing.
In short, as presented, 'Breakdancing; doesn't fly for me, and presentation is everything in an art form . It failed its roll, and instead looks like an untidy tangle of limbs on the concrete.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

W.P. Yo-Yo
The skill of using rotary-force string toys as hand weapons. Some organizations have developed the humble yo-yo into a surprisingly lethal weapon, concealing garrote-wires or monomolecular cutting lines into the strings and retractable blades or battery-powered shock-studs into the main body. Some organizations take it even further, producing manhole cover-sized buzzsaw creations attached to spring-steel coils or chains. Not surprisingly, this skill is popular with Ludicrous Mages and the more extreme(absurdist or serious) ninjas. The most basic use of the yo-yo uses it as a blunt striking weapon and and as an entangling strangle-cord. As an added bonus, the user can ‘walk the dog’ and perform other yo-yo tricks like a pro.
A critical fumble of 1 means the user has either (75%) fouled the line requiring the yo-yo to be re-spooled and untangled(taking 1d4 APMs) or (25% chance) smacked the yo-yo back into their own hand, doing damage to the limb.
The typical plastic toy yo-yo does 1 point of SDC + P.S. damage as a blunt weapon, and only 1 SDC+P.S. damage as a strangling weapon before the cord breaks. More durable yo-yos of ceramic or metal do 1d4 SDC + P.S. damage, while wire lines do 4d6 SDC+P.S. damage on a strangle attack.
Typical range of a yo-yo is 2-5 ft, but custom models with special materials and elastic or spring cords can extend that range substantially(typically no more than 10-15 ft, though).
+1 to strike and entangle at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14. +1 extra strike at levels 3, 6, and 9(only using the yo-yo).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

WP Yo Yo... well written, but I swear I'd seen it previously. I could be wrong, but it sounds awfully familiar (not so concerned about it though that I'll put the effort into looking for it).
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nicely done Yo-Yo skill, T.
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:WP Yo Yo... well written, but I swear I'd seen it previously. I could be wrong, but it sounds awfully familiar (not so concerned about it though that I'll put the effort into looking for it).

I thought so too, possibly a regular website version. But if I've seen it, I've forgotten any details about it. To the best of my knowledge, though, I don't recall any other Yo-yo skill having critical failure specifics, range, or damage.
Besides, there are about 2-3 different versions of ''W.P. Chainsaw" on this very thread.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Nicely done Yo-Yo skill, T.

The use of a yo-yo, like drinking coffee, was something I never picked up in my youth. Instead I went into figuring out how to turn innocuous instruments of amusement into tools of personal destruction. :twisted:

It's a hobby. It keeps me out of trouble. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:WP Yo Yo... well written, but I swear I'd seen it previously. I could be wrong, but it sounds awfully familiar (not so concerned about it though that I'll put the effort into looking for it).

I thought so too, possibly a regular website version. But if I've seen it, I've forgotten any details about it. To the best of my knowledge, though, I don't recall any other Yo-yo skill having critical failure specifics, range, or damage.
Besides, there are about 2-3 different versions of ''W.P. Chainsaw" on this very thread.
There isn't another one in the Black Vault Wiki.
I think I have just used the sling skill for it in the past in my games for my villain Yo-Man.
taalismn
Priest

Well, now Yo-Man can upgrade. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Well, now Yo-Man can upgrade. :D
I would have to write him up again as I do not have his character sheet anymore. He's basically a Physical training character with the focus on offense and strength who uses a metal yo-yo with piano wire for the string. Imagine a huge, muscular ninja dressed in all yellow. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I would have to write him up again as I do not have his character sheet anymore. He's basically a Physical training character with the focus on offense and strength who uses a metal yo-yo with piano wire for the string. Imagine a huge, muscular ninja dressed in all yellow. :lol:

Is one of his aliases 'Duncan'? Is his true name 'Wham-O'? 8-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

What kind of name is Wham-O? Makes him sound like one of the Thundercats. And Duncan was the name of Man-At-Arms on the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon. Are you trying to turn him into a bad 80's cartoon wanna-be?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

What kind of name is Wham-O? Makes him sound like one of the Thundercats. And Duncan was the name of Man-At-Arms on the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon. Are you trying to turn him into a bad 80's cartoon wanna-be?

Wham-O and Duncan are both American yo-yo manufacturers(Wham-O also makes frisbees). And 'Wham-O' sounds like the cheesey ninja/character names that crop up in live-action sentai series. :D :clown:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Like the wp:yo-yo but can this wp be used paired?

Organization technical skill.
+3% technical and science skills
+7% domestic skills.

By being orgaNized things are much easier at the office by being organized things run smoother at home.

11% chance of people taking this skill of becoming obsessed with cleanliness.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

say652 wrote:Like the wp:yo-yo but can this wp be used paired?

+7% domestic skills.

By being orgaNized things are much easier at the office by being organized things run smoother at home.

Organization [Can be selected as a Technical or Domestic skill. Available as a secondary skill]
*Based on the concept by say652

This is a skill of organization. The phrase "A place for everything and everything in its place." is a mantra for someone who focuses on organization.By being organized, things [books, documents, flash drives, keys, etc...] are much easier to find at the office as well as at home. This skill includes how to best use a filing system, organization of rooms, closets, bins, etc.

Base Skill: 25% + 5% per level of experience. Provides a one-time bonus of 3% to all technical and science skills. This skill also grants a a bonus of +1 to Perception to notice things that might be out of place or just awkward when compared to their environment. [Why is this phillips screwdriver sitting in 5 yr old Susie's bedroom?]
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

NMI wrote:
say652 wrote:Like the wp:yo-yo but can this wp be used paired?

+7% domestic skills.

Organization [Can be selected as a Technical or Domestic skill. Available as a secondary skill]
*Based on the concept by say652

This is a skill of organization. The phrase "A place for everything and everything in its place." is a mantra for someone who focuses on organization.By being organized, things [books, documents, flash drives, keys, etc...] are much easier to find at the office as well as at home. This skill includes how to best use a filing system, organization of rooms, closets, bins, etc.

Base Skill: 25% + 5% per level of experience. Provides a one-time bonus of 3% to all technical and science skills. This skill also grants a a bonus of +1 to Perception to notice things that might be out of place or just awkward when compared to their environment. [Why is this phillips screwdriver sitting in 5 yr old Susie's bedroom?]

I like. I might suggest that this skill also provides a bonus to the housekeeping skill. But I particularly like the Perception Bonus, a nice touch.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

Inventory Systems(Technical)
A working knowledge of setting up and managing logistical inventory systems, from library lending services and mail transport, to large scale freight shipping and receiving and military supply chains. The practitioner is taught how to take into account warehousing, in-transit items, and placed pending orders for purposes of inventorying and auditing. Other aspects of this skill include basic accounting procedures and record-keeping. Failed rolls of this skill may mean anything from incorrect records, missing inventory, to dangerous supply chain bottlenecks developing.
Base Skill: 40 % + 5% per level of experience. +5% if Computer Operation is also taken .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”