Gen Con

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Gen Con

Unread post by Reelman »

Is anyone running any events at Gen Con this year? Anyone attending? We will be in town Saturday night to hang out and at the Con all day Sunday.
Zenvis

Re: Gen Con

Unread post by Zenvis »

I have word that there is three GM's and that there is going to be 10 games run.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
rocue
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Through Darkness Light Defined"
- Rocue of the Rifters

Unread post by rocue »

How can we sign up to help at Gen Con? I was sent an email and I deleted it out of haste and the belief it might not happen. I am now going to Gen Con and would love to help Palladium in any way especially hosting games.
"Through Darkness Light Defined"
- Rocue of the Rifters
Lvl 13 Silhouette Leyline Walker
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

rocue wrote:How can we sign up to help at Gen Con? I was sent an email and I deleted it out of haste and the belief it might not happen. I am now going to Gen Con and would love to help Palladium in any way especially hosting games.

Want to help? Easy! Register to run games.

A few things to do in order to be counted among the MA's as one who is running events/etc...

1. Register vai www.GenCon.com to run games. Specifically, Palladium games
2. Email ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com with your event information that you submitted to GenCon
3. Show up.
4. Run your games and provide a good time to the fans and players.
5. Have Fun!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rocue
Megaversal® Ambassador
- Rocue of the Rifters

Unread post by rocue »

If i'm not mistaken we can't register events or volunteer yet. I can't seem to find the form for either volunteer work or event hosting. It also has dates when that will be come available so should we just wait till later to register or am I missing it. The 16 hour program is called a Page correct? That's how we can help palladium best by hosting through that program?
- Rocue of the Rifters
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Event Submission opens: January 10th
Badge Pre-Registration opens: January 26th
Event Registration opens: May 18th
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Not sure what you mean by 16 hour program?
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

NMI wrote:Not sure what you mean by 18 hour program?

I think they were talking about this program.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The 16/32 Hour program is something run through and by GenCon itself and has nothing to do with Palladium.

The best way to help Palladium is to be a registered MA and when GenCon opens up registration and even submission - submit games for you to run! Another way to support Palladium is to bring money and buy product from the booth!
rocue
Megaversal® Ambassador
- Rocue of the Rifters

Unread post by rocue »

Thanks everyone that clears it up, and I will for sure be bringing cash to pick up some books (and if robotech rocks socks maybe some of them as well). As long as they get signed AM I RIGHT! :) I do love these games...
- Rocue of the Rifters
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If you do plan on running games, please let us @ the MA Coordinators know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know you might not have your info ready perse, but even the basics would be nice, if possible.
Basically what we, the MA Coordinators would need ASAP is
# of games running
# what setting [HU, Rifts, Dead Reign, etc...
# of players you plan on running for.
Typical game lengths in hours @ GenCon is 3-4 hours.
rocue
Megaversal® Ambassador
- Rocue of the Rifters

Unread post by rocue »

NMI wrote:If you do plan on running games, please let us @ the MA Coordinators know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know you might not have your info ready perse, but even the basics would be nice, if possible.
# of games running

And do this by emailing you at the address posted previously even if Gencon hasn't opened up for event registration yet?
- Rocue of the Rifters
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

rocue wrote:
NMI wrote:If you do plan on running games, please let us @ the MA Coordinators know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know you might not have your info ready perse, but even the basics would be nice, if possible.
# of games running

And do this by emailing you at the address posted previously even if Gencon hasn't opened up for event registration yet?
That would be correct.
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

I will be there for the entire length of Gen Con this year, and running games.
As soon as I'm able to register them, I will send you all the info.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
Phaze
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

I will be running games at GENCON.

I have reported them to Palladium.

Robotech - Attack on Macross Series

Game 1 - 4 hrs 6PM Thursday - A Robotech RPG Tactics Game

First game of the Attack on Macross RPG and RPG Tactics Game systems. This is a Robotech RPG Tactics Game where units of Veritechs, Destroids, and Regult Battlepods will battle for the heart of the city. Each side will have their orders, the other side unaware of the objectives. This is a game where both sides could win or both sides could lose. Can you figure out what the enemy is up too and stop their plans while trying to complete your own mission?

Game 2 - 4 hrs 6PM Friday - A Robotech RPG Game

Second game of the Attack on Macross RPG and RPG Tactics Game systems. This is a Robotech RPG Game where a squad of UEDF Defenders attempt to rescue survivors of an alien attack from a collapsing building. Will they complete the mission, or end up under the rubble? RPG game is supplied with pre-generated characters. Just sit and play. The situation and challenges will change with the results of Game 1 of the series.

Game 3 - 4 hrs 6PM Saturday - A Robotech RPG Tactics Game

Third game of the Attack on Macross RPG and RPG Tactics Game systems. This is a Robotech RPG Tactics Game where units of Veritechs, Destroids, and Regult Battlepods will battle for the SDF-1. In the streets, the Battle continues. Can the Zentraedi stomp out the remaining micronians, or will the UEDF escape with what little survivors remain? The challenges and mission will change based on the results of the first two games of the series.

Game 4 - 4 hrs 9am Sunday - A Robotech RPG Tactics Game

Final game of the Attack on Macross RPG and RPG Tactics Game systems. This is a Robotech RPG Tactics Game where units of Veritechs, Destroids, and Regult Battlepods will battle for their own survival. It's crunch time. The SDF-1 has engaged its spacefold drive and transported itself and the whole of Macross City into deep space, including any defenders and attackers in its vicinity. Which side will win the day? Can you avoid collisions with the ice and frozen earth that used to be Macross City and the surrounding warm waters of the South Pacific and still have the ability to wage war on the enemy? Bonuses to each side will be given based on the previous three games of the series.

I hope to have a great time!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

It wasn't clear to me if Palladium/Megaversal Ambassadors are submitting the events on our behalf or if we're submitting them ourselves. I asked over e-mail but never received a response. I did receive a spreadsheet with pre-arranged times on it, however. So I went ahead and submitted my events to GenCon anyway, using the times the MA spreadsheet indicated. And here they are:

Thursday 6:00-10:00 PM: "Water, Water, Everywhere" (Rifts) - As far as Lemurians go, you are the best of the best - and the best is just what is needed now! Investigate strange events near a Lemurian settlement on Easter Island.

Friday 1:00 - 5:00 PM: "Escape!" (Heroes Unlimited) - You are among the most feared and hated criminals in the nation, locked up forever in a supermax prison designed to detain supervillains. Do you have what it takes to escape Gramercy Island?

Friday 6:00 - 10:00 PM: "Smugglers Beware!" (Rifts) - You a special forces soldier of the feared and mighty Coalition military. Assist some high ranking brass by going on a super top-secret mission that could decide the fate of ChiTown!

Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: "Return to Mad Mad Mad Madhaven" (Rifts) - You've heard the rumors of a priceless and powerful artifact being discovered in the ruins of Madhaven. Can you survive a night or two in Madhaven? Sequel to last year's event "It's a Mad Mad Mad Madhaven."

Saturday 1:00 - 5:00 PM: "Band of Bothers" (Heroes Unlimited) - Note: it's "Band of Bothers", not "Band of Brothers"! "The Match", Century Station's most beloved superhero, has been assassinated! It's up to you, The Match's notoriously useless sidekicks, to figure out who killed him and save Century Station. Ran this event at GenCon last year, and am running it again.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

We are determining that this weekend. More very soon!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

I am heading the games submissions for Gen con so please pm me your games with as much details and contact info thanks
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Ingex, I have no idea about my schedule for the summer so I can't commit to GenCon yet. If I am attending, I will definitely let you know, but it would be a last minute thingie probably.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

I will need to know by the end of game submission Spinachcat as the palladium submission needs to be on the first round so as to give us the best chance of getting games, If you find you can run later or are going to be coming, we may be able to use your games as Alternatives, and you could volunteer as we will still need a few of those.

if you have any questions PM me
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Ingex, if my schedule becomes clear before the submission date, I definitely will handle everything officially. Otherwise, there are plenty of off-site hotel RPG events for "Shadow GenCon" and I would run stuff with special invites to GMs and PB crew if I find out that I am free post the submission date.

However, if I am not attending at all, I am very open to helping your GMs to prep. If you have GMs who need pregen characters or who need last minute adventure help or just somebody to give an eyeball to their prepped adventure, I am happy to help. I've got 32 years in convention prep.
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

Im running Chaos Earth games.
8am and 4 pm Friday
8am and 4pm Saturday
all 4 hour sessions.
I just emailed them to you all.

If my help is needed with anything else, I will be available for the entire convention
and can run any palladium game.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
dexterward
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by dexterward »

All,

I am a new Megaversal Ambassador and I will be running the following games at GenCon.

Wednesday, August 13, 1 to 5 PM – Beyond the Supernatural 2 – The Ohm Factor - A series of fatal electrical deaths has the local Reading Pennsylvania police stumped. Is this just a bizarre series of accidents or is someone using the power grid as their tool of murder. Can a local group of paranormal investigators puzzle out the Ohm Factor?

Thursday, August 14, 1 to 5 PM – Beyond the Supernatural 2 – The Sign of Things to Come - Researching a new group of crop circles near Van Wert, Iowa, a group of paranormal investigators comes face to face with the crop circle makers. Only it turns out to be the most usual, and deadliest, encounter of their lives.

Friday, August 15 1 to 5 PM – Rifts Ultimate Edition - Fade to Black – A collection of Fadetowns in the magic zone are going black, literally. The buildings, crops, livestock, and citizens are being coated in a strange black substance that seems to consume them. Can a group of local heroes puzzle out what is affecting the towns before all of the communities in the Magic Zone become infected?

Saturday, August 16 1 to 5 PM – Rifts Ultimate Edition - Psi-escape - Coalition Psi-Battalion soldiers captured a group of Lazlo ambassadors intending to offer an alliance with the magical city of Dweomer. Can a group of cyber knights and heroes infiltrate a maximum security prison meant to contain psychic and magic using D-bees to rescue the ambassadors?

I am looking forward to meeting and gaming with everyone at GenCon and to chatting with other ambassadors here in the forums.
Dexterward
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

I'm planning on heading to GenCon this year. I do it about every two years.

The goal is to run 4 four hour games. I'm thinking I'm going to run the same adventure for all four slots, it is a tight story that is good to use for introduction. I just need to get it typed up nicely so it is easier for me to run.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the other GMs, maybe slide into one of their games when I'm not running. It is a great way to get another person's prospective.
zyanitevp
Champion

Make sure you are submitting your games to ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com so that you can be in the "Palladium room" and get all the benefits of the group entry!
My Twitter
Image Image
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

zyanitevp wrote:Make sure you are submitting your games to ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com so that you can be in the "Palladium room" and get all the benefits of the group entry!

Yup, did that last night as well. I was wondering, do we want to setup a peer-review session or email exchange?

Maybe we can all do our write ups and then cross-edit each other's games plans?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

zyanitevp wrote:Make sure you are submitting your games to ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com so that you can be in the "Palladium room" and get all the benefits of the group entry!

I sent mine last week, are we going to receive any kind of response to let us know if it is received and accepted?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

You should be getting something by the end of the month when we submit the final forms to GenCon.

I did check our email box and can confirm that we received your email.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Warshield I have a replying going to you on 18th confirming I recieved your games, I will email you a confirmation when I submit the games.
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

I submitted 5 games to the ambassadors email on Jan 17. Could someone please confirm they got them?
zyanitevp
Champion

It was received. You should have received a reply from Gary Miller, aka ingexfuryhunter
My Twitter
Image Image
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

First: Rimdall I show I emailed you the 22nd of January to confirm your games had been recieved and submitted to the Gen Con list.

Secondly: if you put times down on your app, those are what you are hoping for, we will do our best but some may need to be rearranged to provide gaming to the over all convention.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”