NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I find lately that I am trying to invent the same powers I've already written before. I may post some of the ones I am coming up with if they improve on what I wrote before, but it would be nice to be able to come up with something original.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I find lately that I am trying to invent the same powers I've already written before. I may post some of the ones I am coming up with if they improve on what I wrote before, but it would be nice to be able to come up with something original.

Victim of your own success. :D
Yep, when the easier discoveries have been already taken, it becomes harder and harder to dig up fresh concepts.
Right off the top of my head, I'll have to check if anybody's done any anti-matter-based powers. :bandit:

Never mind, Iczer beat me to them.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I find lately that I am trying to invent the same powers I've already written before. I may post some of the ones I am coming up with if they improve on what I wrote before, but it would be nice to be able to come up with something original.

Yep, when the easier discoveries have been already taken, it becomes harder and harder to dig up fresh concepts.
Right off the top of my head, I'll have to check if anybody's done any anti-matter-based powers. :bandit:

Sorry. I have been a lot slacker recently if that's any help.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

taalismn wrote:

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... r_Creation
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

NMI wrote:
taalismn wrote:

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... r_Creation
There does only appear to be the one antimatter power, T, so you could actually do more if you are so inclined.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

(Redundancy Hound devoured this post, Please move along. Nothing to see here but shattered dreams and lost hopes. Ignore the bloodstains and remain behind the police tape)
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

doesn't gravity plane do this already?

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:doesn't gravity plane do this already?

Batts

It already exists?!

Damn, you're right...Powers Unlimited.

Never mind; deleting.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

book cloneing(minor or major, not sure myself)
the user of said power can create puodo-clones of characters from the books you have recently (1d10 minuites per level, roll every level to determine the time need before you need to re-read the book before you can creat said puodo-clones) read. the "clones" will do the creators bidding for the "life" of the "clones"
(the life span of the "clones" is 2 hours period.
what do you fine people think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:book cloneing(minor or major, not sure myself)
the user of said power can create puodo-clones of characters from the books you have recently (1d10 minuites per level, roll every level to determine the time need before you need to re-read the book before you can creat said puodo-clones) read. the "clones" will do the creators bidding for the "life" of the "clones"
You need to flesh the power out. You have no attributes listed. You also need to list how many clones can be created per level and whatnot. This just looks like an idea for a power, not a fleshed-out power. Whether it is a major or minor would depend on the details of the power.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
You need to flesh the power out. You have no attributes listed. You also need to list how many clones can be created per level and whatnot. This just looks like an idea for a power, not a fleshed-out power. Whether it is a major or minor would depend on the details of the power.

sorry you can create 1 "clone" for every 2 levels you have & stat for the "clones" unless it's obviously different is average for the race "cloned" (i.e. you "clone" Glinda she has LOTS of weather influencing spells, you "clone" Hurcules he has superstrienth and so on.)
that help?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

You need to define what a 'psuedo-clone' is with regards to abilities, physical stats, damage(if any), and how much free will they have with regards to their creator(can an evil literary character disobey a Good-aligned user of this pwoer, for example). After all, people might want to know if 'Alex Rider' has more SDC or do greater damage than 'Moby Dick'. Since the 'psuedo-clones' are the core of this power, this needs to be MANDATORY in describing this power.
Please rework.

And no; 'power may vary' doesn't help( http://terryrhill.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/miracle_cartoon.jpg).
As is, this power is too open to munchkinism'; people will be using the Bible to summon God.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

sorry you can create 1 "clone" for every 2 levels you have & stat for the "clones" unless it's obviously different is average for the race "cloned" (i.e. you "clone" Glinda she has LOTS of weather influencing spells, you "clone" Hurcules he has superstrienth and so on.)
that help?
No, the power needs very set limitations and guidelines for creating a clone. You cannot just leave it so open-ended. If you have a clone with superpowers, that also would not count as a single power at that point depending on how powerful the clone is.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

ok then, the "clone" can have up to 2 powers (and no you can't summon god!) based upon the base cahacter (check with your gamemaster for details if s/he uses this power) & the powers have to be minor ones.
better?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:ok then, the "clone" can have up to 2 powers (and no you can't summon god!) based upon the base cahacter (check with your gamemaster for details if s/he uses this power) & the powers have to be minor ones.
better?

Still got miles to go.
You're describing what SUPER powers the pseudo-clone might have, without addressing the matter of the rest of the stats a pseudo-clone would have.
That's still dangerously nebulous. And it still leaves me able to use 'Bullfinch's Mythology' to summon up everything from Perseus the Hero to Zeus the Mighty Thunderer, unless you lay down specific and consistent rules and limitations for these characters people summoned to be able to summon forth.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

you can't summon ANY gods or goddesses with this power, as I just came up with this power from the top of my head, I WILL need help making this a viable power sorry.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

You are basically creating humanoid servants that mimic characters from a book that are limited to generic stats. Unless the book character has attributes that are stated to be above average, a lot of your attributes would probably be set at 10.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:You are basically creating humanoid servants that mimic characters from a book that are limited to generic stats. Unless the book character has attributes that are stated to be above average, a lot of your attributes would probably be set at 10.

that does make sense to me as well so that is what will happen.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:You are basically creating humanoid servants that mimic characters from a book that are limited to generic stats. Unless the book character has attributes that are stated to be above average, a lot of your attributes would probably be set at 10.

As they are characters from books, you would also have a limit to what skills they would know, as they might possess the skills but only at the level the character creating them knows the skill or at a base level if the character does not possess the skill. A lot of what the pseudo-clones possess would depend on the character creating them. Do you follow my logic?
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:

As they are characters from books, you would also have a limit to what skills they would know, as they might possess the skills but only at the level the character creating them knows the skill or at a base level if the character does not possess the skill. A lot of what the pseudo-clones possess would depend on the character creating them. Do you follow my logic?

Well as a super-power (didn't notice but I assume a major power) the creations should be able to have skills that the super himself doesn't have, powers tend to be able to do things like that. An example of this would be when Daniel Moonstar could create solid constructs based on the fears or desires of a particular individual, they had skills based on what they were intended to be even though she herself didn't have the skills (such as when she created an entire expert construction crew to repair damage done after a heavy battle, as she's clearly not a skilled construction worker).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:

Well as a super-power (didn't notice but I assume a major power) the creations should be able to have skills that the super himself doesn't have, powers tend to be able to do things like that. An example of this would be when Daniel Moonstar could create solid constructs based on the fears or desires of a particular individual, they had skills based on what they were intended to be even though she herself didn't have the skills (such as when she created an entire expert construction crew to repair damage done after a heavy battle, as she's clearly not a skilled construction worker).
It would have some limitations, though, depending on the character creating the pseudo-clones and the nature of the source material.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:

It would have some limitations, though, depending on the character creating the pseudo-clones and the nature of the source material.

that's quite true, though & I just thought of this part, maybe you could just conjure spasific powers from the book (I.E. the babble effect from the bible) what do you think of that as part of or a separate power?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Niji

Unread post by Niji »

abe wrote:that's quite true, though & I just thought of this part, maybe you could just conjure spasific powers from the book (I.E. the babble effect from the bible) what do you think of that as part of or a separate power?

Definitely a long way to go...but instead of book cloning what about bringing a character to life (for a time)? This kinda exists out there in story book land already but heres some main points to consider:

You "raise" the character from the pages of the book, the character behaves and functions fairly identically to their story counter part(and is from this point an NPC character with a will of its own and behaves however it would from the book, possess its skills and powers(within whatever universe you are in's laws of physics restrictions however, like a character that flies with pixie dust or the will of imagination may find he/she cannot fly in this new world they were brought into, and may be very surprised by that). What "power level" you are able to manifest them in is determined by your own character's experience level with the power(i.e. a 15th+ character can fully manifest a book character at whatever power level it is in the book, with grave consequences...potentially). Outright limitations would be: Cannot raise characters based on something that (may) exist already (so while you could say raise Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, you could not say raise the demons from the bible(since in HU and the Armageddon arc we see that they exist), aka what you can and cannot raise is entirely up to the GM/subject to GM approval). This power would be a LOT of work for you as the player as you would have to flesh out a character each time you raise a new one and it would be like adding an NPC party member(OR VILLIAN).

Further limitation could be:
Time Limit: Cannot cancel the clone prematurely it must play out its fully manifest time it was alloted on summoning.
Time Limit: Must set a time limit for the manifestation can exist for(determined by character experience and up to a reasonable cap per level or any time less than that cap)
Power Limit: Cannot raise high characters(extremely popular and ingrained in the imaginations of the world around you) until later levels (say 5th, 9th, 11th and no restriction at 15th)
Character Limit: Can raise(manifest) 1D4 characters (determined by the roll AT CHARACTER CREATION and the GM must be watching the roll) and/or +1 at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, however raising a "powerful" character(something as determined in the power limit) uses all manifestations for the time period they are raised -1 (meaning you can at most raise two characters at 15th of unlimited power level, but it is restricted to a character from the same book/story (so you can raise both the hero and the villain, incase you need to defeat one or the other and is purely a plot/story point safeguard).

Power Limit errata: Even a character like cinderella or captain hook would be a very powerful character to raise as their stories are deeply entrenched in the world's minds, manifesting an abstract character like the arameic theological god would not be possible. And attempting to manifest say one of the elder gods from H.P. Lovecrafts works would actually summon a fragment (if the creature so desired) of them into the characters plane...with obviously devastating consequences).

The amount of FUN a group and the GM particularly could have with this power is practically unlimited and allows you to add in iconic villians and heroes from other stories.
I'd say use/possession of this power would be a Major power and you can only possess accompanying related powers(i.e. book worm, reading/writing/drawing/art related powers or powers related to books or storys or imagination manifestation, as well as generic attribute improvement abilities(though possibly limited to mental faculties, sense of touch or sight or dextarity) This would be a very character centric ability and should only go on a well thought out character (or as a horrible accidentally given power if an experiment, with the character not even aware of how it works...constantly manifesting characters from books they are reading interestedly without realizing THEY are the source of the mayham, etc).
taalismn
Priest

Matter Expulsion: Bowling Balls(Major)
“You know, guys, suddenly our shiny white armor doesn’t seem so invincible, especially when we’re all bunched up in a wedge formation at the end of the street like this....”

This power enables the superbeing to generate and expel large spheres of tough plastic-like material, from single regulation-size bowling balls, to street-clearing swarms of them, to giant wrecking ball-sized car-crushers. The superbeing can bowl overhead and throw the spheres, but has better range and arguably effectiveness rolling them along the ground.
1) Create Bowling Balls---Creates a spheroid of tough plastic, roughly ten pounds in weight and 8.5 inches in diameter, with approximately 30 SDC.
Range: Effective and accurate range of 30 ft if thrown overhand, increase by 30% if using Augmented Strength, by 50% for Robotic/Superhuman Strength, and x3 if Supernatural(x4 if P.S. is 31 or more).
Triple effective range if ROLLING the bowling ball along the ground.
Damage: Thrown or rolled, a bowling ball does 1d8 damage within its effective range.
If rolled along the ground, if striking a target in the legs, the victim must roll under their P.P. score or be knocked over, losing initiative and one APM getting back up.
Beyond effective range(possible if the bowling ball is sent down a slope or incline), the ball only does 1d4 on a strike.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as they are within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, they last 1d4 minutes being fading into nothing.
Note: Can create one bowling ball per action per level of experience. The superbeing can cast them one at a time, or can release them all at once, but will only get bonuses to strike with individual throws(casting two or more bowling balls at once essentially counts as a burst, and receives no bonuses to strike).

2) Create Free Range Wrecking Ball---By concentrating for a full melee(takes all actions for that round), the superbeing can create a GIANT bowling ball roughly 5 ft(+1 ft per level of experience) in diameter, weighing 200 lbs(+20 lbs per level of experience) and possessing 300 SDC(+30 SDC per level of experience).
Range: Effective and accurate range of 30 ft rolled, increase by 30% if using Augmented Strength, by 50% for Robotic/Superhuman Strength, and x3 if Supernatural(x4 if P.S. is 31 or more).
Can only be thrown overhand if the superbeing has the necessary strength to lift and throw it.
Damage: 1d4x10 +2d6 per level of experience
80% chance of knock-down(lose 1 APM and Initiative), 60% chance of being stunned(-10 to strike, dodge, parry, and roll, NO Initiative, HALF speed and APMs for 1d4 melees) from being rolled over by the giant ball.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as it is within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, it lasts 3d6 minutes being fading into nothing.

3) Create Cannonball Bowling Ball---At level 6 of experience, the superbeing can create -Flaming Bowling Bowls-, that do an extra +1 point of damage, and have a 60% chance of setting combustibles they strike on fire.
At level 12 of experience, the superbeing can create -Exploding Bowling Balls-, that do 2d4 points of blast/shrapnel damage to a 10 ft blast radius.

4) Bowling Ball Gloves---Held in the hands(or rather by the finger holes), the bowling balls can be used as melee bludgeoning weapons. Note that the superbeing doesn’t suffer any discomfort from the finger grip, as one might otherwise expect.
Range: Melee
Damage: +2d4 to punches

5) Create Bowling Ball Hound---The superbeing can create a longer-lived bowling ball that seems to move under its own power and volition, and can track and pursue targets. The Bowling Ball Hound often(60% chance) has a different coloring or patterning than other bowling balls created by the superbeing.
Range: The Bowling Ball Hound has a Speed of 20
Damage: Same as for a standard bowling ball, plus has 3 attacks per melee, so it can repeatedly ram a target.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as it is within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, it lasts 10 minutes per level of experience before fading into nothing.
Bonuses: +2 to strike, +1 to dodge, and has a base Tracking skill of 50%+3% per level of experience of the creating superbeing.
Note: Only ONE Bowling Ball Hound can be created per 24 hour period.

6)Trick-Bowling---The ability to perform stunts and trick shots with bowling balls; curving them around corners(no bonuses to strike targets in this manner), bouncing them up off curbs, rolling them down arms and across one's shoulders, balancing them on down guardrails and planks, deflecting them off walls and barriers like pool, boomeranging the ball to bounce and return to the point origin, and performing 'pop-up' shots to jump the ball into the air to clear obstacles or hit targets at waist- or head-level.
Base Skill: 35%+5% per level of experience.

7)Other Bonuses:
-Can wield a bowling ball in each hand
-+1 to strike with a bowling ball at levels 1, 3, 7, and 10.
-+3 to Maintain Balance on slippery surfaces(such as waxed lanes)
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
bigwhitehound

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

taalismn wrote:Matter Expulsion: Bowling Balls(Major)
“You know, guys, suddenly our shiny white armor doesn’t seem so invincible, especially when we’re all bunched up in a wedge formation at the end of the street like this....”

This power enables the superbeing to generate and expel large spheres of tough plastic-like material, from single regulation-size bowling balls, to street-clearing swarms of them, to giant wrecking ball-sized car-crushers. The superbeing can bowl overhead and throw the spheres, but has better range and arguably effectiveness rolling them along the ground.
1) Create Bowling Balls---Creates a spheroid of tough plastic, roughly ten pounds in weight and 8.5 inches in diameter, with approximately 30 SDC.
Range: Effective and accurate range of 30 ft if thrown overhand, increase by 30% if using Augmented Strength, by 50% for Robotic/Superhuman Strength, and x3 if Supernatural(x4 if P.S. is 31 or more).
Triple effective range if ROLLING the bowling ball along the ground.
Damage: Thrown or rolled, a bowling ball does 1d8 damage within its effective range.
If rolled along the ground, if striking a target in the legs, the victim must roll under their P.P. score or be knocked over, losing initiative and one APM getting back up.
Beyond effective range(possible if the bowling ball is sent down a slope or incline), the ball only does 1d4 on a strike.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as they are within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, they last 1d4 minutes being fading into nothing.
Note: Can create one bowling ball per action per level of experience. The superbeing can cast them one at a time, or can release them all at once, but will only get bonuses to strike with individual throws(casting two or more bowling balls at once essentially counts as a burst, and receives no bonuses to strike).

2) Create Free Range Wrecking Ball---By concentrating for a full melee(takes all actions for that round), the superbeing can create a GIANT bowling ball roughly 5 ft(+1 ft per level of experience) in diameter, weighing 200 lbs(+20 lbs per level of experience) and possessing 300 SDC(+30 SDC per level of experience).
Range: Effective and accurate range of 30 ft rolled, increase by 30% if using Augmented Strength, by 50% for Robotic/Superhuman Strength, and x3 if Supernatural(x4 if P.S. is 31 or more).
Can only be thrown overhand if the superbeing has the necessary strength to lift and throw it.
Damage: 1d4x10 +2d6 per level of experience
80% chance of knock-down(lose 1 APM and Initiative), 60% chance of being stunned(-10 to strike, dodge, parry, and roll, NO Initiative, HALF speed and APMs for 1d4 melees) from being rolled over by the giant ball.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as it is within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, it lasts 3d6 minutes being fading into nothing.

3) Create Cannonball Bowling Ball---At level 6 of experience, the superbeing can create -Flaming Bowling Bowls-, that do an extra +1 point of damage, and have a 60% chance of setting combustibles they strike on fire.
At level 12 of experience, the superbeing can create -Exploding Bowling Balls-, that do 2d4 points of blast/shrapnel damage to a 10 ft blast radius.

4) Bowling Ball Gloves---Held in the hands(or rather by the finger holes), the bowling balls can be used as melee bludgeoning weapons. Note that the superbeing doesn’t suffer any discomfort from the finger grip, as one might otherwise expect.
Range: Melee
Damage: +2d4 to punches

5) Create Bowling Ball Hound---The superbeing can create a longer-lived bowling ball that seems to move under its own power and volition, and can track and pursue targets. The Bowling Ball Hound often(60% chance) has a different coloring or patterning than other bowling balls created by the superbeing.
Range: The Bowling Ball Hound has a Speed of 20
Damage: Same as for a standard bowling ball, plus has 3 attacks per melee, so it can repeatedly ram a target.
Duration: Can exist indefinitely as long as it is within 10 ft of the superbeing. Beyond that, it lasts 10 minutes per level of experience before fading into nothing.
Bonuses: +2 to strike, +1 to dodge, and has a base Tracking skill of 50%+3% per level of experience of the creating superbeing.
Note: Only ONE Bowling Ball Hound can be created per 24 hour period.

6) Other Bonuses:
-Can wield a bowling ball in each hand
-+1 to strike with a bowling ball at levels 1, 3, 7, and 10.
-+3 to Maintain Balance on slippery surfaces(such as waxed lanes)

Not a power I would have EVER dreamed of but I like it. The possibilities are endless, for damage and fun. A few small points. The person should get some sort of skill for throwing/rolling, that could allow them to do tricks. Bounce the ball off multiple targets, 1 to the other, throw it so it curves around corners, boomerang shots (hit someone and return to the thrower), bounce off a curb and up in to the air for a uppercut strike, like a punch. The person could have a mild obsession with shinny shoes and striped shirts too.
taalismn
Priest

bigwhitehound wrote:[Not a power I would have EVER dreamed of but I like it. The possibilities are endless, for damage and fun. A few small points. The person should get some sort of skill for throwing/rolling, that could allow them to do tricks. Bounce the ball off multiple targets, 1 to the other, throw it so it curves around corners, boomerang shots (hit someone and return to the thrower), bounce off a curb and up in to the air for a uppercut strike, like a punch. The person could have a mild obsession with shinny shoes and striped shirts too.

Good suggestion; I'll make the appropriate additions once I figure out how to word it.
Don't know about the obsession with shirts("Blackball doesn't wear stripes!") but could be an optional insanity/obsesion.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
bigwhitehound wrote:[Not a power I would have EVER dreamed of but I like it. The possibilities are endless, for damage and fun. A few small points. The person should get some sort of skill for throwing/rolling, that could allow them to do tricks. Bounce the ball off multiple targets, 1 to the other, throw it so it curves around corners, boomerang shots (hit someone and return to the thrower), bounce off a curb and up in to the air for a uppercut strike, like a punch. The person could have a mild obsession with shinny shoes and striped shirts too.

Good suggestion; I'll make the appropriate additions once I figure out how to word it.
Don't know about the obsession with shirts("Blackball doesn't wear stripes!") but could be an optional insanity/obsesion.
Just let me know when it has been edited and is finished so I can post it to the vault only once and won't have to do editing once it is in there.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:e]Just let me know when it has been edited and is finished so I can post it to the vault only once and won't have to do editing once it is in there.

Added Trick-Bowling to the OP. Hope everybody approves. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Added Trick-Bowling to the OP. Hope everybody approves. :D
I approve. Does this mean it is finished now?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I'd say so. Haven't heard any other comments on it, so I'd consider it 'in the can'. :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I'd say so. Haven't heard any other comments on it, so I'd consider it 'in the can'. :-D
Good, because I already had it posted over to the vault this morning. Any other sports-based matter expulsions are also welcome.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Good, because I already had it posted over to the vault this morning. Any other sports-based matter expulsions are also welcome.

I'll see what I can dream up.
Until somebody figures how to twist ME: Bowling Balls to produce a Giant Free Range Wrecking Ball Hound with the ability to burst into flames and explode. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Until somebody figures how to twist ME: Bowling Balls to produce a Giant Free Range Wrecking Ball Hound with the ability to burst into flames and explode. :twisted:
That sounds like more of a power combo with APS Fire, which I would totally allow.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Until somebody figures how to twist ME: Bowling Balls to produce a Giant Free Range Wrecking Ball Hound with the ability to burst into flames and explode. :twisted:
That sounds like more of a power combo with APS Fire, which I would totally allow.

"It's like you're in the opening sequence of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', only the giant stone ball is following you UPHILL and is on FIRE."

Well, as for sports-related powers, I could always do ME: Hula Hoops, seeing as the skil portion's already been written. :P :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Well, as for sports-related powers, I could always do ME: Hula Hoops, seeing as the skil portion's already been written. :P :D
That one would probably be a minor power, though. Would it include generating enough hula hoops to use them as banded armor? That would be cool.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Well, as for sports-related powers, I could always do ME: Hula Hoops, seeing as the skil portion's already been written. :P :D
That one would probably be a minor power, though. Would it include generating enough hula hoops to use them as banded armor? That would be cool.

It would be MOVING armor; get enough of them going, an opponent would have some trouble hitting the person weaving and contorting inside the armor(another reason to use area of effect weaponry).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

It would be MOVING armor; get enough of them going, an opponent would have some trouble hitting the person weaving and contorting inside the armor(another reason to use area of effect weaponry).
It sounds like it would be a really cool power. You better get to writing. :P
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:It sounds like it would be a really cool power. You better get to writing. :P

...and thus SG invokes his feared and unwritten power, Slavedriver(Major). :lol: :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:It sounds like it would be a really cool power. You better get to writing. :P

...and thus SG invokes his feared and unwritten power, Slavedriver(Major). :lol: :P
So if it's a Major power, how many slaves do I get per level?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

How many meat puppets can you think you safely control/abuse?
Maybe it should be M.E.-based? Or M.A.-based? Maybe something along the lines pf a dark version of 'Karmic Power'?

Wait...I see what you're doing here.... :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

How many meat puppets can you think you safely control/abuse?
Maybe it should be M.E.-based? Or M.A.-based? Maybe something along the lines pf a dark version of 'Karmic Power'?

Wait...I see what you're doing here.... :shock:
I was merely making a joke. It was you who turned it into an assignment.
But looking at it, I would have to say it would be based on ME. Basing it on MA would imply that trust or intimidation is necessary in order to control the slaves, but I am not sure that it would be.
You are in no way required to continue analyzing it. Are there not already powers that allow one to control others anyhow?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I was merely making a joke. It was you who turned it into an assignment.
But looking at it, I would have to say it would be based on ME. Basing it on MA would imply that trust or intimidation is necessary in order to control the slaves, but I am not sure that it would be.
You are in no way required to continue analyzing it. Are there not already powers that allow one to control others anyhow?

And you walked into my joke. :P
Or is this another convoluted aspect of your power, making me only THINK I have the free will to refuse further analysis...? That I would attempt to second-guess you and do...exactly...what...you...planned...but...that...would...mean..I...
Oh, you're GOOD....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I was merely making a joke. It was you who turned it into an assignment.

And you walked into my joke. :P
Or is this another convoluted aspect of your power, making me only THINK I have the free will to refuse further analysis...? That I would attempt to second-guess you and do...exactly...what...you...planned...but...that...would...mean..I...
Oh, you're GOOD....
I just find it amusing you have to question your ability to exercise free will now. I do beliewve we are SUPPOSED to be working on powers to post in here, though.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Muwhahahahhahaa. Dance my puppets! Dance!!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Mephisto wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:Sorry I have not been able to do more powers, but I have been very busy and have no idea right now when I will be posting any.

Can I blame the Government Shutdown for your inactivity? I already blame it on SCRET not apprehending the Masters of Speed and for shutting down the SLJ. Meanwhile the Freakmaker is getting good engineers that have been furloughed to work for him and no one at NASA is paid to keep tabs on the Dark Tribunal.

I can assure that if there is a government shutdown, S.C.R.E.T will continue to run at full
capacity. However, the Superbeing Holding Facilities will lose all their non-military personnel,
which could possess some minor security issues. G.I.G.M.A however would not be in operation
during a shutdown, meaning the super being investigation branch of the U.S. government would
not be running, meaning S.C.R.E.T would be on their own, which would likely result in them
Going full out trying to eliminate more than capture and retrieve their quarry.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

WIMPY POWER! (minor)
you can conjure hamburgers!
that's literally the extent of the power.
silly I know, but what do you think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:WIMPY POWER! (minor)
Seems like it would be more of a spell than a power, though you could do Matter Expulsion: Hamburgers. You would have to figure out how much damage a scalding hot hamburger patty would do when flying into someone's face, though.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:WIMPY POWER! (minor)
Seems like it would be more of a spell than a power, though you could do Matter Expulsion: Hamburgers. You would have to figure out how much damage a scalding hot hamburger patty would do when flying into someone's face, though.

you can conjure hamburgers at will just so you know.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

SG's right; there has to be more to this power than just 'conjure burgers'. You have to have more detail if it's going to cut it even as a Minor Power.
Like HOW MANY/MUCH burgers?
Just the meat patty, or do you get buns and condiments as well?
Are they delivered sizzling hot(in which case, do they damage the creator, and how much damage do they do slapped in somebody's face?), room temperature, or are they frozen patties(in which case can they be worn as armor?)?
What sort of meat?
How long do they last?
Do they come with a serving platter or just land at the creator's feet?
Does the five second rule apply to them when they land on the ground?
If the creator is sick, do the burgers have to be re-cooked to sterilization temperature or discarded against possible salmonella risk?

Again, Abe, you have to consider DETAILS. Please bear in mind that you have people in these forums who automatically see something and try to figure out how to weaponize it. Provide the necessary data to satisfy them.
Again, haste to post here is not your friend. This is NOT 'Post or Perish'. You gain far more forum credit by thoroughly thinking through a new creation and
presenting it in a clear and thoughtful format. Don't toss a raw unfinished idea out as soon as it enters your head; let it wait and mature, make friends with other ideas, grow big and strong, THEN post it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:SG's right; there has to be more to this power than just 'conjure burgers'. You have to have more detail if it's going to cut it even as a Minor Power.
Like HOW MANY/MUCH burgers?
Just the meat patty, or do you get buns and condiments as well?
Are they delivered sizzling hot(in which case, do they damage the creator, and how much damage do they do slapped in somebody's face?), room temperature, or are they frozen patties(in which case can they be worn as armor?)?
What sort of meat?
How long do they last?
Do they come with a serving platter or just land at the creator's feet?
Does the five second rule apply to them when they land on the ground?
If the creator is sick, do the burgers have to be re-cooked to sterilization temperature or discarded against possible salmonella risk?

Again, Abe, you have to consider DETAILS. Please bear in mind that you have people in these forums who automatically see something and try to figure out how to weaponize it. Provide the necessary data to satisfy them.
Again, haste to post here is not your friend. This is NOT 'Post or Perish'. You gain far more forum credit by thoroughly thinking through a new creation and
presenting it in a clear and thoughtful format. Don't toss a raw unfinished idea out as soon as it enters your head; let it wait and mature, make friends with other ideas, grow big and strong, THEN post it.

You generate 29 pounds of hamburger pattys per level, conjuring the other parts of the finished burger is a deferent power & you only need to cook them if you are VERY sick, also the type of meat the user of this power can choose at will, subject to the user's religion of course if the religion has dietary needs attached
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”