Call of Cthulhuish type stuff...

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Call of Cthulhuish type stuff...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

OMG, I said the name of another game in a forum!!! Anyhow, I'm looking to run a game using Great old ones and their minions, but kind of run it like a CoC game, using HF and stuff alot. I am not looking for conversion stuff, I want to run it from a pure Rifts/Palladium standpoint. Anyone have an idea of a setting place or any other suggestions for baddies or equipment. I was thinking it'd have to happen on Earth...
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Call of Cthulhuish type stuff...

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

So you want to run a BTS game using the Old Ones from Palladium Fantasy....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I always thought the Chaos earth setting could also support a nice spooky story if it was before "the Fit hit the Shan." Even a pre-Cat Chaos earth a few decades would be interesting. All the MDC weapons would be largely unavailable so you'd still need magic affecting weapons like silver and such.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

MaxxSterling wrote:OMG, I said the name of another game in a forum!!! Anyhow, I'm looking to run a game using Great old ones and their minions, but kind of run it like a CoC game, using HF and stuff alot. I am not looking for conversion stuff, I want to run it from a pure Rifts/Palladium standpoint. Anyone have an idea of a setting place or any other suggestions for baddies or equipment. I was thinking it'd have to happen on Earth...

The Palladium Fantasy Book The Old Ones has some useful stuff on old one minions in a vauge sense, but it's really more of a classic dungeon crawl module than CoC-esque horror, but maybe you can glean some ideas to use in a different way.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

MaxxSterling wrote:OMG, I said the name of another game in a forum!!! Anyhow, I'm looking to run a game using Great old ones and their minions, but kind of run it like a CoC game, using HF and stuff alot. I am not looking for conversion stuff, I want to run it from a pure Rifts/Palladium standpoint. Anyone have an idea of a setting place or any other suggestions for baddies or equipment. I was thinking it'd have to happen on Earth...

Look online. A lot of the original Cthulhu Mythos stuff is now in the public domain. I've have some posts that relate to adding elements of it to Palladium settings.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

JTwig wrote:

Look online. A lot of the original Cthulhu Mythos stuff is now in the public domain. I've have some posts that relate to adding elements of it to Palladium settings.

Indeed. just be careful not to convert any of the later stuff that is still under copyright.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

^ I like it when people on my blocked list respond to stuff.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Alien Intelligences in general are very Lovecraftian. Dragons and Gods has more material on them.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”