Attributes of Adult & Ancient Dragons

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Re: Attributes of Adult & Ancient Dragons

Unread post by Prysus »

Ubistvo wrote:ugh...I am specifically looking for the attributes for the adult & ancient dragons listed in the RUE. I have Dragons & Gods and I know that they have attribute listed for some of the older dragons, and they are helpful, but I am looking for some canon material on the dragons listed in RUE.

I have done a fair bit of searching around the interwebz and have searched these forums as well, all to no avail. So I turn to you, my very knowledgeable fellow forum members, to help me.

PLEASE :frust: <~~~ me.

Greetings and Salutations. Not an answer you'll probably like but ... RUE, page 158, under "Species of Dragon" section there's a heading that says "Adults." That paragraph tells you the mental and phsyical attribute changes, M.D.C. modifications, bonus alterations, changes to size, as well as I.S.P. and P.P.E. increases. I'm fairly sure that's in the 1st Printing, but in case it's not, check out the Eratta on the Cutting Room Floor of the main site, page 10 of the PDF.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/images/Do ... Eratta.pdf

So you're not so much using different stats, as much as you're adding onto the stats you already have. Maybe not ideal, but I hope that helps some. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Ubistvo wrote:Now, about those ancients... :?

Greetings and Salutations. The best I can find for you is RWB2: Atlantis, page 34. There's a section that talks about "Elder dragons" and then "Truly ancient dragons." Top of the second column (end of the "ancient dragon" section) it has a "GM Note" that mentions a modification. It's not as drastic as the one from hatchling to adult, but worth noting and shouldn't be scoffed at. Hope that helps again. Thank you and have a great day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Ubistvo wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Not an answer you'll probably like but ... RUE, page 158, under "Species of Dragon" section there's a heading that says "Adults." That paragraph tells you the mental and phsyical attribute changes, M.D.C. modifications, bonus alterations, changes to size, as well as I.S.P. and P.P.E. increases. I'm fairly sure that's in the 1st Printing, but in case it's not, check out the Eratta on the Cutting Room Floor of the main site, page 10 of the PDF.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/images/Do ... Eratta.pdf

So you're not so much using different stats, as much as you're adding onto the stats you already have. Maybe not ideal, but I hope that helps some. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.[/justify]

Thanks, that helps. I read that descriptuon a few times but missed that area. Really helps.

Now, about those ancients... :?

I would say a truly Ancient would be akin to a god. Something relegated to Powers beyond any individual or Mortal party to defeat. Even gods may be leery to contend with one alone. At ancient 'level' they They may have scaled HP and MDC, there real strength would be Allies they have found, powers and spells they learned. Look at the elder dragons mentioned. Most run cults, major business/power bases and the like.

I always looked at them as most immortals viewed the Four Horsemen in highlander. You saw them coming your were already dead. They should generate that kind of fear (an in the case of adventurers respect).

So stat wise, not much different, but in power give them some of the meanest spells, the oldest most powerful magic items or the greatest tech known to exist (or that existed that may not be around now.)
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”