M.A. Kits: How are they?

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

More M.A. Kits? What do you think?

Yes
83%
No
4%
Maybe if (then do tell)
13%

Total votes: 24

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: M.A. Kits: How are they?

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

What did you like about them?: I like the GM reference sheet, the combat matrix sheet is interesting, haven't used it yet, i also like the Cyborg character sheets, very handy

What would have been better?: Still thinking about this

What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: Either Dead Reign or Heroes Unlimited (preferably both), also sheets for Robots similar to the Cyborg sheets

What's Missing?: The list for Psionics needs to be added.

Were they too small/too big?: Not really

Was the price fair?: Yes, as an MA i got it free, though i was willing to pay the $5 for the pdf....
The Dragon Has Spoken
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Anyone else?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

What did you like about them?: Full of Info
What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: Dead Reign
What's Missing?: Psionics list
Were they too small/too big?: Too small w/ missing psionics
Was the price fair?: Very! Bought the Fantasy kit, and got the Rifts kit free through the MA program.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Limeydragon
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Limeydragon »

What did you like about them?: Full of Info
What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: Robotech
What's Missing?:
Were they too small/too big?: just right
Was the price fair?: not bad
RPG's: After the Bomb, Heroes Unlimited
zyanitevp
Champion

Would love to know what the 2 people that voted maybe thought was bad....
Last edited by zyanitevp on Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

Panomas wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Would love to know what the 2 people that voted no thought was bad....

Nobody voted no... :mrgreen:

Voted maybe... sorry
My Twitter
Image Image
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

Voted maybe. I did pick up the one for Palladium Fantasy to see what they contained and what I could strip from it for 1st ed. Not nearly as useful for that as I had hoped it would be.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
zyanitevp
Champion

Lord Malachdrim wrote:Voted maybe. I did pick up the one for Palladium Fantasy to see what they contained and what I could strip from it for 1st ed. Not nearly as useful for that as I had hoped it would be.

That makes sense, as all products released are going to be for 2nd edition.
My Twitter
Image Image
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

What did you like about them?: Everything, haven't had a chance to use it yet but the Rifts one looks great.

What would have been better?: Not sure about better but the borg worksheets give the borgs 2 left legs and no right ones.

What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: Dead Reign with quick ref zombie stats for each of the main zombie types. Really I would like to see a kit for each setting.

What's Missing?: In the Rifts kit: a list for psionics similar to what was done for the spells, a quick ref list for salvage prices when selling to the black market, a quick ref list for weapons with range & damage & payload. Also I have no idea where to look in the books for this but a price list for ammunition like Boomgun rounds & missiles. And similar odds and ends that could be compiled into a quick ref list.

Were they too small/too big?: neither, the Rifts kit has room for additions as I suggested above.

Was the price fair?: Yeah nothing beats free.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

Panomas wrote:
Michael Barakofsky wrote:

[b]What game line/product would you like to see the next of?:
Dead Reign with quick ref zombie stats for each of the main zombie types. Really I would like to see a kit for each setting.

I was thinking of doing this for a Dead Reign; but I was having trouble coming up with more useful tables since there is no magic or psionic abilities. Still thinking on this, so if anyone comes up with additional ideas for materials they'd like to see for a Dead Reign kit it might help me (or another freelancer/contributer) get the ball rolling.

Thanks

well since there is no magic or psionics in DR how about a quick ref for weapons and a table for improvised weapons like frying pans, chairs, tables, canned food (thrown in the sealed can), rolling pins, baseballs, a sock filled with ball bearings etc. Improvised ammunition like a roll of quarters for shotgun ammo. Armor table for improvised armor (the artwork shows more then once a person wearing parts of tires for armor whats the AR & SDC for that???) minor quick rules for governing thrown together armor like that. Consolidating the various salvage/scavenger tables from the DR books and placing them all together in 1 easy to find place.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Great topic, sorry it took me a month to notice it.

What did you like about them?:Pre-gen characters. I have not used them but they are great back ups for when I have large groups and they are good inspiration for my own creations.
What would have been better?:If there is some way to sell these so that they can be edited that would be great.
What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: Phase World, Heroes Unlimited, Robotech. In that order
What's Missing?: For Rifts, Phase World, and even Robotech - I would love to see vehicle sheets for the most common vehicles (CS Enforcer, CAF Silverhawk, UEDF Veritech) similar to the borg sheet with a picture of the vehicle and basic stats and common features.
Were they too small/too big?:They could have more, or some of the things I suggested could be separate purchases.
Was the price fair?: Very. I paid for both and I think they are more then worth it.

Additionally, as a separate purchase, I would love to see a GM's "Rogues Gallery". Basic bonuses and stats for common villains and monsters. One can be a standard CS squad, another a CS Naval air squadron, another could be a d-bee bandit group.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

J.L. Duncan wrote:I was thinking of maybe putting one together for Dead Reign and submitting it. Generally speaking I'm looking for ideas for indexes and material that you guys might think is useful. One idea I thought would be to include a some quick stat zombies included in the NPC section.

Let me know here or with a PM if any ideas come to you.

Thanks-

So need this for my demos for game great idea
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

I would love to see Dead Reign for a demo. I have had a request last year by a couple of guys in Washington State that wanted to know if I had one (I obviously didnt).
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Phaze
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

I would like to see an MA Kit for the Robotech RPG and RPG Tacktics Games.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Oh. That's a good idea.
zyanitevp
Champion

Just a reminder- the Fantasy GM Kit is on sale on Drive-thru RPG until the 28th!!
My Twitter
Image Image
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

What did you like about them?: Lots of reference and useful info
What would have been better?: honestly? they did the job they were meant to do and that is help us.
What game line/product would you like to see the next of?: HU, BtS, DR,
What's Missing?: Not really sure anything is missing per se. anything additive is always useful in some way or another.
Were they too small/too big?: That really is a person to person thing, I thought the size was fine but bigger wouldn't have bothered me either.
Was the price fair?: Yes.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”