War Mount: Tigres (Take 2)

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

War Mount: Tigres (Take 2)

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

Tigres
Like the Gorehound, the Tigres are animals bio-engineered to work with a human companion. Canines however are not designed for jungle warfare. This made things difficult for some houses living in the jungles but the Great House Espada found a way around this problem. They created the Tigres.
Born and bred for jungle warfare, the design of the Tigre incorporates designs of jungle cats such as the puma, tiger, jaguar, and lions, not to mention a gene or two from an alien species. Felines are known for their agility and work well attacking from above as they do attacking on the ground. Though felines do not usually use pack-like attacks, the Tigres lion DNA allows for the felines to work well as a group.
Even though they are of different species, Gorehounds and Tigres get along fairly well. There might be some rivalry between pack and pride but it is not uncommon for a Tigre and a Gorehound to huddle together for warmth on cold winter nights. The soft fur on the Tigre gives it some protection against the elements and they have a slightly warmer body temperature (+5% to see a Tigre with infravision).

Tigres
Class: Troop support war mount
Crew: Typically none, but can accommodate one rider when necessary
M.D.C. by Location
*Front Legs (2): 2D6+60
*Hind Legs (2): 1D20+70
**Head: 3D6X10
***Main Body: 1D6X10+120
* A single asterisk indicates a target that is difficult to hit. An attacker must aim and make a “Called Shot” to hit, and even then is -3 to strike.
** Destroying the head will kill the Tigre. Period
*** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body kills the Tigre
Speed
Running: 60 mph maximum, but normal cruising speed is only 25 mph. The act of running tires the Tigre at about one fifth the rate of a human and it can run, nonstop, for one hour at full speed before needing 1D6X10+60 minutes of rest. A Tigre can romp at a leisurely pace (for it) at 35 mph without pause for up to eight hours straight before requiring rest or 10 hours with periodically pauses for 10-20 minutes every hour or so. Note: do not reduce speed for forests and rocky and other difficult obstacle filled terrain. They are designed for these environments and their bodies react to these environments naturally. This means that they can avoid the problems canines have in these environments.
Leaping: 20 feet high or across, increase by 50% with a short running start or double when running at full tilt.
Digging: 5 mph through sand or dirt, but half that speed through clay, rock or stone. Tigres are not great diggers and often require another war mount to dig fortifications for them.
Swimming: 40 mph. Maximum depth underwater is 100 feet
Flying: Not applicable

Statistical data
Height: 3 to 4 feet at the shoulder. 5 feet to the top of the head.
Width: 4 feet from shoulder to shoulder
Weight: 700 to 1,000 pounds (mostly muscle)
Cargo: Can carry its body weight or pull 1.5 tons
Physical Strength: 2D4+25 (Supernatural)
Production Cycle: 8 months gestation period, plus one year growth time
Operational lifetime: 24-year life span
Trade Value: 3 million credits for a healthy, undamaged unit.
Bio-Regeneration Rate: 2D6 M.D.C. per hour for the main body and 1D6 M.D.C. per hour for all other locations. The War Mount cannot regrow severed limbs or destroyed weapons systems (reduced to zero or less), there must be at least two M.D.C. points remaining to regenerate lost limbs, but such extensive regeneration takes 2D6 days.
Horror Factor: 13, but 16 for a pride of three or more Tigres against humans, no H.F. for machines.
Senses and features: Standard for a War Mount, with the exceptions of #1 Neurological Link and Controls, #4 Self-Destruct Mechanism and #6 Union of Man and Beast (gets numbers 2, 3, and 5)
Feeding: The Tigres is an omnivore, but prefers meat and carrion, and eats 20-30 pounds of organic matter a day
Sleep requirements: as an artificial organism, the Tigre requires only four hours of sleep or rest per day (typically during the day)
Rider: A rider will sit bareback just behind the shoulders. However, most Pride Lords prefer to run with their pride.

Other Data (for individual animals): Most Tigres are “unmanned” and used not as a War Mount but as a combat animal for jungle warfare, usually under the control of a Pride Lord or on rare occasions a Pack Master. Thus Tigres usually operate independent of a rider but are directed by the Pride Master and are usually deployed as a pride of 3-6 animals. As a trained attack animal, the monstrous felines use their animal like intelligence and instincts to respond to any given situation. Tigres are effectively Mega-Damage Lions or panthers, so like other pride felines, they prefer their own kind but they have been bred and designed to respond favorably to humans. A Tigre will usually come to a human’s defense, especially against robots and stand guard over an injured master or friend. In fact, they are used for scouting, tracking, patrolling perimeters and standing guard. In the absence of its designated Pride Lord, Tigres will obey strong commands given by only a Pride Lord’s human Pride (IE teammates and close family) but will occasionally obey commands from another Pride Lord (01-25%, +15% if the Pride Lord is at least 8th level)

Alignment: Any; Tigres are prideful animals (no pun intended), the vast majority of Tigres are Principled, Scrupulous, or Aberrant (only 10% and they tend to work with evil Pride Lords) but they are friendly with humans (like a domestic cat) and very protective of humans in general.
Attributes: I.Q.: 1D4+6 (High animal intelligence), M.E.: 1D6+9, M.A.: 2D6+12, P.S.: 26-33 (Supernatural), P.P.: 1D6+14, P.E.: 2D6+12, P.B.: 1D6+10, Spd: (See speed above)
Number of attacks per melee: 5
Combat Bonuses (in addition to possible attribute bonuses): +3 to initiative, +2 to strike in hand to hand combat, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge, +2 to auto-dodge, +7 to pull punch/bite (genetic, designed into the Tigre to keep them from causing massive damage to humans during play), +3 roll with punch/fall, +2 to disarm, +4 versus Horror Factor, +4 versus ingested poisons or toxins
Equivalent (instinctive) skills of note: Begging: 60%, Climb: 60% (No rappelling), Camouflage: 55%, Detect Ambush: 60%, Detect Concealment: 35%, Identify Plants & Fruits (i.e. stuff it can eat): 80%, Land Navigation: 65%, Prowl: 65%, Swim: 95% (Tigres love to swim), and understands the Native Language of the Great House that created it and one other common language at 80% (can not speak or read), Recognizes robots and machines as enemies to be destroyed or chased away
Combat capabilities: Tigres regularly engage in combat play to hone their abilities and engage in close combat with their pride.
Restrained Head Butt: 1D10 S.D.C. damage
Full Strength Head Butt: 2D6 M.D.C.
Pawing Claw Strike with front legs: 3D6 M.D.C.
Biting Attack: 3D6 M.D.C.
Leap attack: 2D6 M.D.C., +2 to strike and has a 01-80% likelihood of knocking an opponent as large as 12 feet tall off its feet and onto his back (also a 01-70% chance the victim drops whatever it was holding. If knocked off its feet, the target loses initiative and two melee actions/attacks), and the Tigre is poised for a fast bite attack (+3 to strike for the feline’s next attack). A leap attack uses up one melee attack for the Tigre
Running Leap Attack: 4D6 M.D.C. has a 01-90% likelihood of knocking down an opponent and counts as two of the Tigre’s attacks, otherwise the same as Leap Attack
Tigre Bio-Weapon Systems: Standard Tigres are the basic feline with nothing extra, but all Tigres have a Bio-Comms. Those bonded to a Pride Lord can be further modified as described under the Pride Lord O.C.C.

Optional enhancements
Breed Focus
Some pride lords like to specify what type of breed their pride has in it. This has slowly risen in status as the pack masters have begun to use their dominant breeds to make themselves unique.

Leon (Lion): Large and prideful (no pun intended), the Leon possesses a large mane (even females) that gives an additional 20 MDC to the head and gives it a -2 to hit, even on a called shot. +30 to main body, +2 to initiative and a +2 damage from their front paws. The Leon is the largest of all Tigres. Increase height by 1 foot at 3D6 inches.

Tigre Completo (Tiger): The Tigre Completo possesses the stripes of a normal Tiger. This gives the Tigre Completo a +20% to Camouflage and +15% to prowl. Moreso, the camoflage and stealth field bio-enhancements cost 5 Bio-E less. +3 to initiative and +15 to main body.

Guepardo (Cheetah): Speed is the name of the game. The Guepardohas a speed burst of 100 MPH that can last for 2D4 minutes. -10 MDC to main body and -2 to each other location due to reduced size. Reduce the height and weight by 20%.

Pantera (Panther): To be added later

Lince (Lynx): To be added later

Smilodon Tigre (Saber-toothed Tiger): To be added later

Runt: The runt is a subspecies created by accident. Unlike other Tigres, these Tigres are no larger than a house cat or Chihuahua. These Tigres are unable to weild large weapons and it takes much in the way of thinking outside the box to have a runt Tigre in the pride. Reduce all height, weight, and M.D.C. stats by 75%. All other Tigre stats that are physical in nature are reduced by half. However, the runt has several distinct advantages. Their claws do +3 damage, have a +7 to initiative, and their climbing and swimming skills are at 98%. They are also at a -10 to hit even on a called shot. Their reduced size makes them ideal for scouting or ambush attacks.
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: War Mount: Tigres (Take 2)

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Bravo, Methos. Can't wait to see the rest.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

minor side note, canines do just fine in the jungle. remember how the jungle book is about Mowgli, a boy who is raised in the jungle by wolves ;)
BookWyrm
Champion

Is the Runt supposed to fill the slot that the Xenobred does for the Gorehounds?
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

partially. I thought it would be interesting to see how a house cat (ie a runt) would fare in the world of splicers.
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
BookWyrm
Champion

MethosDarkblade wrote:partially. I thought it would be interesting to see how a house cat (ie a runt) would fare in the world of splicers.

Cool. :)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

Came across THIS on FaceBook, had me thinking of this thread.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;

Return to “Splicers®”