Mechanoids vs The demon fleet

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who will win

Demons
23%
Mechanoids
77%

Total votes: 60

Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Mechanoids vs The demon fleet

Unread post by Chronicle »

That's right the demon fleet from dimensional outbreak. Pros cons wins, Losses, and general insanity. Have at it.
Last edited by Chronicle on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Mechanoids vs The demon fleet

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Mechanoids becuase...

1. More experience with space battles and tactics.
2. Superior numbers
3. Demons are likely to not have a very cohesive chain of command so they're less organized than the Mechanoids.
4. Mechanoids eat planets for power so at some point Kormal would be running with his demon tail between his proverbial legs. :D

Carl
ImageImage
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

Guess it can't get more official then that. way to kill a potentially heated Thread. :D

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

While the Mechanoids have far superior experience in space battles, the Demon forces have some heavy firepower (the demon fleets, Cormal itself & it's two demon-planet offspring; Demon Knights; minions & Demon Magic), not to mention I think that some of the Oracles would go mad upon trying to scan/assence what Cormal is (I'd have to dig out my Mechanoids Trilogy and Rifts Mechanoids books, but they are put away for now).
The Mechanoids' insanity would pale in comparisson to the Horror Factor that Cormal practically broadcasts. Thier twisted logic would fail miserably.

Gotta give this one to the Demon forces.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Carl Gleba

Chronicle wrote:Guess it can't get more official then that. way to kill a potentially heated Thread. :D

Official, :wink: Nope more my P.O.V. Besides BookWyrm presented a totally logical counter which now has me reconsidering :ok:

Let the heated battle continue :badbad:

Carl :D
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Hmm, maybe I picked the wrong side!!

And I wrote about the demon fleets!!!
ImageImage
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

The question may never be answered until mechanoid space is released.

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

How big is this Demon Fleet anyway? Because y'know, the Mechanoids sorta see "conquer this galaxy over here" as short to mid-term tactical objectives, so I'm kinda rooting with them on this one.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Uhm, dare I say this...
I agree with Rallan on this.
Mechanoids have the numbers, space battle experience, super technology, experience in using that technology, ships that can "core" planets.
More importantly.... they got loyalty to each other and the society.
Demons will turn tail and run or leave a fallen behind if it is to save its own skin.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I think if anything could take on a Mechanoid mothership it would be Cormal. But I don't have enough info on one to actually vote yet.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Arion wrote:Mechanoids: numbers, insane fanatacism, intelligence gathering awesome psionics (yes I am not very impartial), adaptable, it is hard to fight when the planet you are sitting on is getting sliced up, awesome space fighting capabilities (now that you have no plantet to stand on), plus, I believe the demon planet does not like it's situation and being psionic, the Mechanoids could possibly end up finding out and help free a fellow non-humanoid.

Demons: have some ability to shift forces better (though again, that usually depends on having a planet to rift to), unusual and unknown abilities (aka magics).

Really, the initial advantage might be to the demons, but the Mechanoids will close that gap and end up being far more dangerous as they could end up with knowledge of magic (though we have a theory that only AbM's can learn it). Also, demon loyalty is poor at best, non-humanoid demons might be persuaded to turn sides.

The X-Factor would be the ones in the middle, mortals.

No, the initial advantage would not be to the demons. Did you miss the bit where Mechanoids plan their expansion by invading entire galaxies at a time? Where nobody apart from the Mechanoids actually knows how many galaxies they've conquered so far? Sheer numbers alone makes them several orders of magnitude nastier than this Demon Fleet thing, and it wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Mechanoids.

About the only thing the demons have got going for them is dimensional travel, and the only real tactical advantage they'll be able to get from it is the fact that after they get their asses handed to them on a platter, the survivors will be able to retreat to places that the Mechanoids can't follow them to.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Rhomphaia wrote:
Rallan wrote:
Arion wrote:Mechanoids: numbers, insane fanatacism, intelligence gathering awesome psionics (yes I am not very impartial), adaptable, it is hard to fight when the planet you are sitting on is getting sliced up, awesome space fighting capabilities (now that you have no plantet to stand on), plus, I believe the demon planet does not like it's situation and being psionic, the Mechanoids could possibly end up finding out and help free a fellow non-humanoid.

Demons: have some ability to shift forces better (though again, that usually depends on having a planet to rift to), unusual and unknown abilities (aka magics).

Really, the initial advantage might be to the demons, but the Mechanoids will close that gap and end up being far more dangerous as they could end up with knowledge of magic (though we have a theory that only AbM's can learn it). Also, demon loyalty is poor at best, non-humanoid demons might be persuaded to turn sides.

The X-Factor would be the ones in the middle, mortals.

No, the initial advantage would not be to the demons. Did you miss the bit where Mechanoids plan their expansion by invading entire galaxies at a time? Where nobody apart from the Mechanoids actually knows how many galaxies they've conquered so far? Sheer numbers alone makes them several orders of magnitude nastier than this Demon Fleet thing, and it wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Mechanoids.

About the only thing the demons have got going for them is dimensional travel, and the only real tactical advantage they'll be able to get from it is the fact that after they get their asses handed to them on a platter, the survivors will be able to retreat to places that the Mechanoids can't follow them to.

I don't think you are giving the demons enough credit. yes the mechanoids will know of their rough and major abilities, but some of these (like the ability to hop dimensions) will still cause them problems. Surely the mechanoids will come out on top in the end, but only after quite a bit of adaptation to the chaos the demons are capable of.

Demonic tricksiness would only be a serious problem at a local level though, and one that could be sidestepped almost entirely if the Mechanoids just get lazy and use fleet battles and planet-busting as their main tools of conquest. An awful lot of the powers that various demon races have just aren't any use against an enemy which never compromises, can never be tempted away from its main initiative, and where all members are in psychic communion with one another. The demons are gonna be pretty much stuck with no options but a standup fight, which will end in them getting hammered. If they were a vast universe-conquering hordes with similar numbes to the mechanoids then they'd have a chance (their ability to establish untouchable bases in other dimensions and travel anywhere via the use of Rifts would be absolutely deadly), but as they are at the moment the entire war will end up being filed away in a mechanoid memory bank as "resistance in Sector Whatever was unusual, timetable was slightly delayed".

This would make a great game setting though. A galaxy ruled by demons is invaded by the mechanoids, with humanoids of all stripes caught in the middle. This poses some great situations for play...dammit. I have too many ideas for campaigns already.

You'd need a schtick to make the setting even remotely survivable. Maybe have the demonic overlords dependent on the "lesser" races for most of the technical maintenance and innovation, so that if the demons ever decide to bail out or the humans decide to go it alone, they'll still have a fighting chance.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

What would make Mechanoids immune to mind-warping, soul-twisting magic? Who has more experience than demons at corrupting mental strength? Corrupting, of course, is a bit of an overstatement: the Mechanoids are already insane and evil, just a different kind of insane and evil than the demons. And the Mechanoids aren't robots, or deities; they're mortal beings that just happen to reside in metal shells. Is cultivating the souls of noble heroes really that much easier than the souls of utterly evilly insane mortals who don't have strong anti-magic? I think brute strength is a fool's errand vs. the full Mechanoids, but if you can subvert their minds, sap their will, or grip their souls...

Not easy, by any stretch, but its what demons do just as much as extermination is what Mechanoids do.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Very subtle, like using non-humanoid demons, show them destroying humanoid demons to "prove" the non-humanoid demons are (or can be) on the Mechanoids side. Do the "look at all these boons we can offer" bit. Happily help them rampage against poor mortal humanoid civilizations. Then, once they're in deep enough, use magic and any other means at their disposal to subvert the souls of the mortal beings beneath the metal mechanoid shells. Mechanoid psychosis is fed by betrayal, and the memory of betrayal, and boundless hate; who better than demons to feed into this for their own purposes? Maybe even go far enough to have a demon lord or three show a non-humanoid form and break out some deific power, get Mechanoids to "believe" in them as a personification of their rage at having been betrayed, a force for humanoid mortal extermination. No hurry; the Demon Lords are capable of planning along centuries or millenia if needed, especially for something as tasty as the Mechanoids as worshipers to boost their power. :eek:

Of course, that plan's not really any longer a direct confrontation between the Mechanoids and something like the demon fleet.

But I guess it boils down to which one you want to be more potent: DNA, or Soul. If DNA is programming on the consciousness and incapable of being fought, the Mechanoids are impervious (though...are they? Do they have massive bonuses to save vs. magic or charms and such?). If the soul of a mortal is the more potent determinator, twisting (let alone, you know, eating ) the soul is a handy Achilles-heel for something like the demons to exploit, since at the end of the day Mechanoids are still mortals.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
The Beast

An Oracle has already tampered with their DNA, and created the AbM Mechanoids as a result...
Sgt Anjay
Hero

You seem to think the demons would be trying to make the Mechanoids not be like the Mechanoids, the Mechanoids would notice this, and then turn on them. Why would demons do something like that? Cast some petty mind control at the first batch of low-levels they came across?

The Mechanoids ravage humanoids and use what they find to expand that they may do the same to the next sorry batch. I can't see the demons having a problem with that, particularly the non-humanoid ones. What a combined Demon Locust/Mechanoid horde could do probably doesn't bear mentioning. In other words, when I say they would get in good with the Mechanoids and provide boons, I mean they would actually go along with the Mechanoids and truly help them, all in. Show the Mechanoids they joyfully engage in utterly crushing poor fools who think they can resist and then perform unspeakable horrors on those poor fools. The beauty, of course, is that the demons don't have to fake anything, nor do they need the Mechanoids to act against their nature in any way!

Really, in the end, all the demons need to do is prove to the Mechanoids they're on their side...then, at some future point in time (years? decades? centuries? longer? Speaking of not being born yesterday, the Demon Lords haven't exactly just begun this whole "lets be really evil and powerful" thing), then get the Mechanoids to agree to kill a lot of mortals (which of course they're going to do anyway) in a certain way, or at a certain time, or in a certain place, or while chanting (with, literally, one mind) a certain phrase. Maybe do it on a small scale first, let the Mechanoids see there's nothing bad for them, but a world of hurt for the humanoids. Do it again. Do it as many times until the Mechanoids are on board. Then make it bigger, and badder, and now the PPE blind Mechanoids are funneling the death-PPE of civilizations, of worlds, of galaxies, to the demons...and there's no drawback for the Mechanoids at all. No negative from their side of it. They're now casually perpetrating monumental rituals which have no negative effect on them, but channel incalculable power to the demons letting them glut on galaxies worth of PPE.

That's it. "Hey, do exactly what you're going to do anyway, but say these words while you do it, and we'll keep giving you all the help we can. Really. We mean it, we really want to help you kill more humanoids." And they really do. :twisted:

Once the Mechanoids are performing rituals for the demons worth billions or more in PPE at a time on a regular basis, I don't think even Overlords are going to be able to top what a Demon Lord could pull using Deific power. Or they go the safe route, and just leave the Mechanoids alone, keep helping them...they are, after all, the geese laying the golden eggs. The Demon Lords just take the PPE/souls, and march into godhood to then go after age-old enemies. Or they could take a bit more risk, and one day the ritual the Mechanoids mindlessly chant in perfect unison binds their souls to the Demon Lords (what do the Mechanoids know about bindings using one's True Name?)...and still, the Demon Lords can just let them go on their merry way, because now both those the Mechanoids kill and the Mechanoids who die are feeding them. Or they go ahead and grab them by the True Name and compel with a spell that cost a few measly million PPE (out of the billions they're being fed). There's alot of options at that point.

Either way...its a bad day to be on the side of Light, but the Mechanoids don't even need to have changed in any significant way whatsoever. They're just more...chanty.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Welllllll, the Demons have mastered the ability of rifting. This gives the Demon Fleet a humongous initial advantage. The demons also have a variety of tricks up their sulfurous sleeves that the Mechanoids have possibly never encountered before this fight. The Demons will come out on top in the early rounds.

After that, the ingenuity of the Mechanoids should not be underestimated. Mechanoids can recoup their loses surprisingly fast through cloning and mass production. Then it is a matter of creative problem solving to adapt to new problems. The Mechanoids are brilliant. An average Oracle is thinking on a level that I can not even comprehend.

Unless the Demon Fleet finds a way to land an early killing blow and take out every Mechanoid everywhere in the Megaverse at the same time (not happenin'), the Mechs will rally and finish strong.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
The Beast

aegis wrote:I give this to the mechanoids. If for no other reason (and there are many), they just have the superior numbers. Billions upon billions compared to millions. Just the war of attrition gives this to the mechanoids.

Not too mention that the deevils would make sure to make sure that if the demons were to somehow, someway get any sort of short term advantage, the deevils would ruin that for the demons. Heck the mechanoids are just what the deevils need to finish off the demons all together.

Except the mechanoids would turn on the deevils just as quickly as they would the demons...
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

In all honesty, it could go either way....
BabblingSage
D-Bee

Unread post by BabblingSage »

I dont know if the Mechanoids would need to saving throw against Cormal as there one of the few races that face the psychic of death from billions so there psionic's would be accustom to psionic and PPE back lash from from all the death Or they have some form psionic technology that shields them. Plus they have faced many many life forms from all over the megaverse after they have battled gods on some of the worlds.

I don't know who would win to be honest but it be a tough fight with heavy loses on both sides Id think it might even be a stand off since both sides wouldn't bring all there resourses into one battle I think it would one that would be fought time and time again all over the megaverse when they encounter eachother. True the mechaniolds do not know how to utilize magic .... yet but I can image they would in time if they spend enough time and resources studying it. Id image them if they did come with some form of bio-genetic techno wizardry
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

It depends if the fight took place before or after the events of Homeworld. If the Mechanoids only have their 12 mother ships and the scattered forces beyond, then its an even fight against the demon fleet when you consider trickiness, magic and rifting.

Pre-Homeworld the demons don't stand a chance. There were just too many of them.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

I vote Mechanoids but it would be a galaxy destroying battle of the Ages :twisted:
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Astral Pantheon wrote:I vote Mechanoids but it would be a galaxy destroying battle of the Ages :twisted:

For the demons it might be a galaxy-destroying battle of the ages. But for the Mechanoids? It was tueday.
The Beast

Rallan wrote:
Astral Pantheon wrote:I vote Mechanoids but it would be a galaxy destroying battle of the Ages :twisted:

For the demons it might be a galaxy-destroying battle of the ages. But for the Mechanoids? It was tueday.

If you're gonna use a quote like that, you could at least spell Tuesday correctly... :P
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Little Snuzzles wrote:A high-level demon strike team, using dimensional/teleport magic, Invisibility Superior, Wall of Not, Anhilate, Negate Mechanics, and such could easily penetrate and destroy a Mothership from the inside.

That might be the best way to do it... but it's still not great.

And here's a spell to screw with the Mechanoids: Sanctuary. If you drop out of Invisibility Superior with a Sanctuary spell up, you could immobilize practically the entire ship.

Sanctuary has a radius of 50' per level.
Mechanoid motherships are bigger than that.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

sexykitty wrote:The major super ability of Electronic Cloaking. Yup total invisibility to Mechanoids, all the time.

Actually, some of them might use normal vision.
If not, many of them still have psychic senses.

It'd still be pretty handy, though.

Does the demon fleet have super powers?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

The Beast

Killer Cyborg wrote:
sexykitty wrote:The major super ability of Electronic Cloaking. Yup total invisibility to Mechanoids, all the time.

Actually, some of them might use normal vision.
If not, many of them still have psychic senses.

It'd still be pretty handy, though.

Does the demon fleet have super powers?

Depends on if you'd allow them to have access to the stuff in ArmU or not.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

sexykitty wrote:I went with the demons in this because, The demons superior tactics would win the day in the end. In a straight up man for man brawl sure the mechanoids would win but, thats not how demons would fight a swarm type enemy. Treachery, stealth, magic combined put my vote for the demons. I would like to see a Mechanoid invasion of Cormal though, that sounds like a great battle.

Counterpoint: the Mechanoids have been spreading exponentially across their home dimension for so long that they can just rock up to a random galaxy, pick a fight with every humanoid race in it at the same time, and win so hard that they barely break a sweat. All the allegedly superior tactics in the world aren't going to help the demon fleet win against a genocidal empire that controls a significant portion of an entire universe.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

This question doesn't even merit serious consideration. The Mechanoids would curbstomp any demon fleet. The only saving grace for the demons is that access to dimensional magic means they can flee beyond the reach of the Mechanoids.

EDIT: Actually going back and reading the thread, it appears that others have already done a nice job of pointing out why this would be the outcome.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Mechanoids. Being able to run away doesn't win you a fleet battle.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

demons they are tricky and also have vast numbers, MAGIC, and are qyite often immune to fire&heat, most mechanoid weapons are plasma or laser. can't win a war vs enemies you cannot hurt. example sure you can beat a vamp up with a woden bat, try it with an aluminium bat and you get eaten.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

say652 wrote:demons they are tricky and also have vast numbers, MAGIC, and are qyite often immune to fire&heat, most mechanoid weapons are plasma or laser. can't win a war vs enemies you cannot hurt. example sure you can beat a vamp up with a woden bat, try it with an aluminium bat and you get eaten.

Lasers don't count as heat weapons, at least in Palladium.
And the mechanoids use a lot of particle beams too.
And missiles.
And psionics.

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Killer Cyborg wrote:Lasers don't count as heat weapons, at least in Palladium.
And the mechanoids use a lot of particle beams too.
And missiles.
And psionics.

And melee. With uncountable numbers.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

say652 wrote:demons they are tricky and also have vast numbers, MAGIC, and are qyite often immune to fire&heat, most mechanoid weapons are plasma or laser. can't win a war vs enemies you cannot hurt. example sure you can beat a vamp up with a woden bat, try it with an aluminium bat and you get eaten.

Define "vast numbers". Because (as has been pointed out earlier), the Mechanoids have taken over so much of their home universe that they roll whole galaxies at a time. Strategically they don't think "Okay we'll nail this species next", they think "Okay we've reached a new galaxy, let's go to town on every single humanoid race in it simultaneously". And then they win. Over and over and over again.

If we're talking a Mechanoid force about the same size as the Demon Fleet then it's gonna be pretty dicey for the Mechanoids. But if it's the Demon Fleet vs the entire Mechanoid civilization, then it won't be a war so much as an insultingly easy genocide.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

they swarm thats their only strategy. not that impressed with such a basic strategy. also they lose track of stowaways on their continent size ships. avoiding direct combat AND stealthy sneakiness are demon trademarks. demons for the win.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

say652 wrote:they swarm thats their only strategy. not that impressed with such a basic strategy. also they lose track of stowaways on their continent size ships. avoiding direct combat AND stealthy sneakiness are demon trademarks. demons for the win.

The combined might of the Mechanoids (if it existed in the Phase World setting) could go to war with every major power in the Three Galaxies at the same time and win, without even considering it all that big a deal because they're conducting similar operations at the same time in other galaxies scattered across the universe. If the entire demon fleet infested the Mechanoids it would be like giving an elephant a scalp infection. Mildly annoying, but hardly the end of the world for the elephant.

EDIT: Not to mention that there's the question of what demons are supposed to do after they've stowed away among the Mechanoids. The race is basically impossible to corrupt (what with them being all wanting the same outcomes as each other, and the way they purged their genepool and their collective psychic headspace of independent and potentially aberrant behavior, and the way the're all in psychic communication with each other, and the way the rest of the species will gleefully exterminate any Mechanoids who show signs of being compromised), so that's one traditional demon hobby that's not gonna yield any returns. And meanwhile they could sabotage or destroy a whole fleet and a buttload of Motherships without making any meaningful difference to the Mechanoids' capabilities.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

so a demonic techno wizard could develop a psionic computer virus and hack them?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

anything in vast numbers is deadly. getting hit with a pillow cute getting hit with 20 pillows at the same time would be painful, getting hit with 20000 pillows would kill you. mechanoids are pillows.lol
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

say652 wrote:so a demonic techno wizard could develop a psionic computer virus and hack them?

Hacking them might be tricky, since almost all the technology the Mechanoids use is made from cybernetic organisms. And Mechanoid spaceships tend to be sentient, psychic, hyperintelligent cybernetic organisms.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Yeah, when the it's more of a creature than a computer, it's difficult to "hack" them.

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:A high-level demon strike team, using dimensional/teleport magic, Invisibility Superior, Wall of Not, Anhilate, Negate Mechanics, and such could easily penetrate and destroy a Mothership from the inside.

As opposed to what? -- Love your empty criticism. :lol:

LS: "And here's a spell to screw with the Mechanoids: Sanctuary. If you drop out of Invisibility Superior with a Sanctuary spell up, you could immobilize practically the entire ship."

So you're arguing that one person couldn't take over a mothership? Gee, you are insightful.

Newsflash: multiple demons (eg. thousands) would be casting the spell in strategic places.

So that's one mothership down, one thousand galaxies worth of Mechanoid battlefleets who observed and learned from the demon fleet's tactics to go. You'll have to pardon some of us if we don't share your optimism about the demons winning.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

With the general size of the mechanoids fleet, the demons would have to work to subvert them honestly.

PS i didn't think this thread was still alive, i started it along time ago.

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

Chronicle wrote:PS i didn't think this thread was still alive, i started it along time ago.

Time works in weird ways in Mechanoid Space................

Soooooooo 3 years on.

The Demons would still get a whoopin :lol: :x :lol:
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Just need to say I love this thread. Just a few points to make:

1 - Demons will always loose because they will continually backstab each other.
2 - If the Demons went to war against something like the Mechanoids you know the Deevils would just go to town on them. As long as the Deevils are around any war the Demons fight will always have a second front.
3 - Swarming is not the only tactic the Mechanoids use, just look at SB2 they can be very sneaky. It's just when you have numbers like that every attack looks like a swarm attack.
4 - Devouring swarm, 'nuff said.
5 - Finally everyone knows that the only people that can beat the Mechanoids are the Coalition States because they are the beings in the Megaverse that Kevin loves more then the Mechanoids.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

As opposed to what? -- Love your empty criticism. :lol:

LS: "And here's a spell to screw with the Mechanoids: Sanctuary. If you drop out of Invisibility Superior with a Sanctuary spell up, you could immobilize practically the entire ship."

So you're arguing that one person couldn't take over a mothership? Gee, you are insightful.

Newsflash: multiple demons (eg. thousands) would be casting the spell in strategic places.

Well, a Mechanoid mothership is as wide as North America.
So the first step in your plan would be to take a look at how many casters would be required to cover that area, for a start. Remember, this is the width, and the spacehip is a "planet-sized" 3D object, so this is just to get an inkling of the numbers needed to do part of the job.
North America has a surface area of 9.54 million sq miles.
Each square mile is 27,878,400 square feet.

Now, a 50' radius circle covers about 7,854 square feet, so in order to cover 1 square mile of surface area, you would need 3,549.5 caster levels.
If you're assuming that each caster is first level, that's 3,550 casters required to cover 1 square mile.
If you're assuming that each caster is 15th level, that's only 237 casters.
Let's just assume that each and every demon that you'd have casting the spell is 15th level, giving the demons an insane amount of benefit of doubt.
At 237 casters per square mile, they'd need around 2,260,980,000 15th level spell casters, all casting the spell at the same time, just to take out a 750' slice of a Mechanoid Mothership.

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Your calculations are a little off because the circles will need to overlap if you want the entire surface covered. I'm too lazy to sit down and do boring-assed geometry, but at a guesstimate you're probably one or two hundred thousand 15th level spellcasters short of what you need to blanket a surface the size of North America with Sanctuary spells.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Rallan wrote:Your calculations are a little off because the circles will need to overlap if you want the entire surface covered. I'm too lazy to sit down and do boring-assed geometry, but at a guesstimate you're probably one or two hundred thousand 15th level spellcasters short of what you need to blanket a surface the size of North America with Sanctuary spells.

Excellent point.

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Rallan wrote:Your calculations are a little off because the circles will need to overlap if you want the entire surface covered. I'm too lazy to sit down and do boring-assed geometry, but at a guesstimate you're probably one or two hundred thousand 15th level spellcasters short of what you need to blanket a surface the size of North America with Sanctuary spells.

Excellent point.

Not sure it matters.

Finding 237 15th level spell casters, difficult.
Transporting them to precise pre-planned positions on a planetoid sized ships at the same time, impossible.
237 mages casting a high level spell, uninterrupted, aboard a ship with millions of hostile psionic cyborgs, forget about it.

237 or 500 it is just as impossible and you would have to do that for every single mother ship. Also like to remind everyone that the last time the Mechanoids were seen before the new style ones came back they were on a starship than Jupiter (SB2, page 32) so how do they get that taken care of?

I have to say looking over all of these posts that I think the deevils with tactics similar to Phase World and Heroes Unlimited would actually do better against the Mechanoids.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I think the Demons would have this one.
The main reason is the fact that the Mechanoids don't care about Demons, they aren't on their kill list. so if a war were to break out, it is because the Demons started it. The Demons have numbers and capabilities enough to make their initial first strike a devastating one - if they play things smart, the Mechanoids would be at a significant disadvantage before they even knew they were at war.
Even if the Demons screwed up and their initial assault didn't go as planned, unlike most (all?) of you, I think a battle of attrition would fall in favour of the Demons.
Demons can't be killed by Mechanoids - you have to kill them in their home dimension to make it stick and the Mechanoids have no means to do so. With a 0% casualty rate, the Demons cannot possibly be defeated by the Mechanoids.
Sure the Mechanoids re-build fast and maybe the Demons don't initially have the numbers to destroy Mechanoids as fast as they can re-build but over time, that would have to change. Demons can make Phase Demons even easier than Mechanoids can make new Mechanoids. If the Demons went all out on Phase Demon production, their inability to die plus high population growth would eventually get them to a point where they can kill Mechanoids faster than they can reproduce and once it hits that point, the Mechanoids are all but done.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Giant2005 wrote:I think the Demons would have this one.
The main reason is the fact that the Mechanoids don't care about Demons, they aren't on their kill list. so if a war were to break out, it is because the Demons started it. The Demons have numbers and capabilities enough to make their initial first strike a devastating one - if they play things smart, the Mechanoids would be at a significant disadvantage before they even knew they were at war.
Even if the Demons screwed up and their initial assault didn't go as planned, unlike most (all?) of you, I think a battle of attrition would fall in favour of the Demons.
Demons can't be killed by Mechanoids - you have to kill them in their home dimension to make it stick and the Mechanoids have no means to do so. With a 0% casualty rate, the Demons cannot possibly be defeated by the Mechanoids.
Sure the Mechanoids re-build fast and maybe the Demons don't initially have the numbers to destroy Mechanoids as fast as they can re-build but over time, that would have to change. Demons can make Phase Demons even easier than Mechanoids can make new Mechanoids. If the Demons went all out on Phase Demon production, their inability to die plus high population growth would eventually get them to a point where they can kill Mechanoids faster than they can reproduce and once it hits that point, the Mechanoids are all but done.

The vast majority of types of demon we've seen so far have been humanoid, and the handful that aren't seem quite happy to work alongside humanoids and take orders fro humanoids, so the Mechanoids do care about them. They care enough that if they ran into the Demon Fleet they'd shoot first and ask questions never.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”