THE HANDY DANDY RANDOM ADVENTURE GENERATOR

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

Re: THE HANDY DANDY RANDOM ADVENTURE GENERATOR

Unread post by Holister »

I agree, I love the use of multiple random tables. It makes the result truly random. This makes thngs unique and different. The more possibilities does mean alot more possible scenarios.

Keep up the good work. :D
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

*drools*

Hey, perhaps you could come up with something similar for Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, or the 3 Galaxies?

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Tearstone wrote:*drools*

Hey, perhaps you could come up with something similar for Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, or the 3 Galaxies?

--Thank you.

That thought opens up an entire new world of possibilities. Sure, why not? After BTS... perhaps Palladium Fantasy or Heroes Unlimited? And, actually, the BTS Random Locations table would serve ANY MODERN setting, including Heroes and Pre-RIFTS Earth. They would also serve Dead Reign, too.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Yeah I know. I've used some of the tables like the Personality/Disposition tables for some characters that I've made as well, so I know that the tables can be used for a lot of stuff.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Gallahan
Adventurer

The revised and expanded tables are quite simply TOO ENORMOUS to be posted here. Also, they would exceed the page-count of a RIFTER magazine. Palladium is not accepting any unsolicited manuscripts. How would a person share such a large piece of work?
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

One option is sending a PM to RGG. He is putting together a series of zines he calls Gifter. That is. The best way to get stuff quickly into people's hands.

Another option is sending it to Wayne anyway. He might use one table as a sample and put the rest in The Cutting Room Floor for all to see and use.

The third option is Rifter Zero. Since these books are in pdf format, size isn't much of an issue. We are still waiting for Wayne to reach a decision about whether to proceed with the Rifter Zero Project or not now that Matthew has declared he is not doing it. I am waiting until the end of the month to hear from Wayne.

Fourth option, try putting it together in a nice looking pdf package, removing the trademarked content, and selling it through an online retailer. I've been trying to talk Hollister into doing exactly that.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Gallahan
Adventurer

Thanks Z and RGG. I think the fourth option you (Z) mentioned might be the best way to go about this. --It's just so large that it would not translate well, at all, to this forum, or a Rifter. Thanks.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Hahahahahaa... That HAS TO BE one of the best, most refreshing scenarios to be posted!

There's an old movie out there from the late 80s ninja craze called "Ninja 3: The Domination." It's a campy movie about a ninja getting killed. A lady driving nearby is possessed by his spirit and she becomes a ninja, --fulfilling his mission. Pretty good movie to sit down and enjoy with friends and beverages.

What would add another level to the story you generated is to give the fragile war hero a more active role. Like, he's fragile, full of weird stories that must be imagined, but when the $hit hits the fan, he suddenly becomes very useful. All that stuff he was "crazily" spoutin' off suddenly means life or death! :)

You've got the makings of a great one-nighter! Undead ninjas..... fantastic!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but I don't see any need to have a Nazi. There were plenty of Japanese soldiers in WWII, and some of them must have been descended from ninja clans. The part about an unreadable ninja hunting a veteran is golden.

Let's flesh this out a little more, starting with the events during the war. In the South Pacific, a sailor and a zero pilot are both marooned following a naval battle. The sailor will become out veteran. He could be from an Allies navy like the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Australia, China, or Russia, depending on where you want to place the game. The sailor could even be another Japanese which would make the wrong extra-horrific. The two soldiers hunt each other for two days until the sailor finally kills the pilot. That's okay so far, but the sailor then offends the honor of the dead pilot. The sailor steals his sword. All zero pilots were issued samurai swords, and I understand that these items were popular though contraband souvenirs among U.S. soldiers. A comet passes over the island that night.

60 or so years later, the veteran owns a flower shop. The same comet returns, metaphsycially allowing the ghost of the pilot to return. I would use Haunting Entity to represent the pilot, but there are more potent choices for a more dangerous enemy -- Madness Entities, Soul Fragments, or worst of all a Doppleganger Entity. The Entity should be able to take physical form of the pilot, last descendant of a Ninja Clan who has achieved several levels of Hand to Hand: Martial Arts or Ninjitsu (if you have a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles handy), or one of the exclusive Japanese martial arts (if you have Ninjas & Superspies handy). The copy is too skilled to defeat through direct battle and too crafty easily outsmart. The ninja demands to be given back what was stolen.

The easy answer would be give away the sword. Finding it will be an easy enough task, but that's not enough to satisfy the ghost. It turns out that the veteran didn't tell the full story. Back on the island, the sailor had resorted to canabalism shortly before he was rescued. The ninja intends to extract his pound of flesh, literally, from the veteran's body. At this point, the PCs might decide that the ghost is right and turn on the veteran. Or, they might continue to defend the vet.

The pulp story, which also features a comet carrying the soul of a vengence-seeking ninja, is among the veteran's personal belongings. Didn't that happen in an episode of The Real Ghostbusters? As a back up plan for the GM, the veteran's bouts of sensility might result in mumblings of the same information. According to the story (or the ramblings), the ghost can be defeated using a combination of herbs made from flowers in the shop and the ninja's own katana. If the PCs fail to protect the veteran, the ghost will use the sword to carve out the man's heart and then vanish.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Gallahan
Adventurer

Nice... Z. Very NICE. I was wondering where you were going with the comet. Very nice touch. :)
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Dude, my adventure is your adventure. It was your concept; I just gave it a polish. I'm an editor, and it's what I do. It's the WWII ghost-ninja that players are going to remember. If Rifter Zero were not stalled, I would write this up as a convention game.

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Okay,

I rolled up the following:

- Mansion House
- Abducting Aliens
- Autumn
- Heavy Thunder Storm
First NPC is a - University Student
Second NPC is a - Mad Scientist

First NPC is - Frightened
Second NPC is - Hormonal

Artifacts - Home Video Depicting...

OH MY GOD - I ROLLED UP THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!

Glleeeccchhh!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

No, it's -- well -- wow, yes, it *is* The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Gallahan
Adventurer

LOL...! It IS the Rocky Horror Picture Show... To my *HORROR!*
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

PM me too, please.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Gallahan
Adventurer

ash_wednesday wrote:I'm suprised this still havent been submitted into the Rifter

Ash,
It's been far too long. It's my New Year's resolution: revise and submit for Rifter publication. --I had been working on a HUGE version of this table, but that would have been impossible for Rifter submission. We're talking about 200 pages of random tables that would require an entire sourcebook's worth of space. I will submit to the Rifter something short, sweet and horrific by the end of January.

I haven't been out into the forum much during the last couple of years. I plan to change that because I love Palladium and BTS!
Gallahan
Adventurer

Gallahan wrote:
ash_wednesday wrote:I'm suprised this still havent been submitted into the Rifter

Ash,
It's been far too long. It's my New Year's resolution: revise and submit for Rifter publication. --I had been working on a HUGE version of this table, but that would have been impossible for Rifter submission. We're talking about 200 pages of random tables that would require an entire sourcebook's worth of space. I will submit to the Rifter something short, sweet and horrific by the end of January.

I haven't been out into the forum much during the last couple of years. I plan to change that because I love Palladium and BTS!

And, on top of that... I've considered creating a similar set of random tables in the world of Dead Reign, since I happen to love the ZOMBIE GENRE so much.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Gallahan wrote:And, on top of that... I've considered creating a similar set of random tables in the world of Dead Reign, since I happen to love the ZOMBIE GENRE so much.

Ooh ooh!! And one for TMNT also? Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssseeeee?

After looking at the chart closely and even using it for the first time, the only part we omitted was the "supernatural threat" Otherwise it was a HOOT!
Last edited by The Oh So Amazing Nate on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stattick
Adventurer

Unread post by Stattick »

I've been working on something similar for the Magic Zone in Rifts.

I'm not using percentage tables though. I'm using grids that are a d8 x a d8. So, only 64 options per table. But it wouldn't be hard to make larger (or smaller) grids. Also, using grids forces one to use just a word or two so you can fit the table on the page. The idea behind my design choice was to get everything I need on a single page at a reasonable font size, so if need be, I can use it at the game table.

I may do something similar for a few grids for random NPC generation...

"Ok, as you guys are sitting there at the bar nursing your drinks, in walks a..." *clatter* "Ratling..." *clatter* "'Borg."
"Wait... did you just say a Ratling 'Borg?"
"Yes. The chassis is extremely shiny. And the tail is lined with vibo blades."
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Tonight I used the tables for a TMNT game. We left out the Supernatural Threat table and chose our own season of the year. This is what we got.

Main Location: Wooded Cabin
Special Circumstance: Unnatural EMP's
Nearby occurrence (forgot table category): Maximum Security Prison Breakout 1D4 prisoners. "Mack, Knife, and Burt 'Big Fist' Malone"
NPC and personality: Careless Stage Magician. "Hocus the Prestidigitator"
Important items: 10 Polaroid Snapshots, Ice Pick, 13 Roman Gold Coins, 2002 Silver jeep Liberty 4x4.

It was a riot and a total PC beat down. 1st encounter with the prisoners and we were lucky to escape with our lives. My pc ran like a scalded (shot full of holes by an AK-47) cat (mutant tiger actually) after the 3rd round of combat. Will definitely be using this table again.

Got any idea's for replacing the supernatural threat table with non supernatural threats. We're hobo's and not equipped to handle bogeymen. *or maybe we are, I've never gave the BTS rules a good reading.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Tonight I used the tables for a TMNT game. We left out the Supernatural Threat table and chose our own season of the year. This is what we got.

Main Location: Wooded Cabin
Special Circumstance: Unnatural EMP's
Nearby occurrence (forgot table category): Maximum Security Prison Breakout 1D4 prisoners. "Mack, Knife, and Burt 'Big Fist' Malone"
NPC and personality: Careless Stage Magician. "Hocus the Prestidigitator"
Important items: 10 Polaroid Snapshots, Ice Pick, 13 Roman Gold Coins, 2002 Silver jeep Liberty 4x4.

It was a riot and a total PC beat down. 1st encounter with the prisoners and we were lucky to escape with our lives. My pc ran like a scalded (shot full of holes by an AK-47) cat (mutant tiger actually) after the 3rd round of combat. Will definitely be using this table again.

Got any idea's for replacing the supernatural threat table with non supernatural threats. We're hobo's and not equipped to handle bogeymen. *or maybe we are, I've never gave the BTS rules a good reading.

You've got the SPIRIT! What makes these tables so fun is that you don't know what you're going to get. Random tables serve as creation catalysts --they give your imagination a fresh and unexpected starting point, and then it soars from there. Then, when you combine other random elements from different categories, circumstances and situations and explanations begin to blossom and simmer in order to make some sense of it all, some series of connections, and THAT is a productive and synergistic (potential) explosion of creativity. My complete tables are *huge enough* to fill an entire 200+ source book. However, that is too unweildly for the Rifter, so I'll have to massively simplify for brevity. If they accept the submission, it would be enjoyable to see it in print and start rolling the dice all over again.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan, I've said it before and I'll say it again, these tables are great! I'd still like a non-supernatural threat table, but that's just me being needy. We've learned to compensate in our TMNT game through a couple different means. Somethings are Scooby Doo-ified. Ghosts and the like are holograms or projected images. Monsters are either just monsters (not so much supernatural) or the cliche'd guy in a costume. Or you actually do have something extra nasty and either figure out a way to deal with it or be dealt with by it, (feel this is more in line with the BTS theme). Either way we're having a blast and laughing our fool heads off.

Can I post adventure summaries here to give folks an idea of what we've came up with? Or should I start a new thread (but where to put it? We're using BTS tables in a non-BTS game)

I'll just give a quick teaser of what's happened so far

1.) The hobo's Joe and Ernie (mutant tiger and turtle) are bowled over in an alley way by a muttering lunatic. This wouldn't be so bad as the hobo's are used to a bit of mistreatment, but it spilled over $50 of donated, closing time leftover sea-food. This enraged Joe, who gave chase and followed the lunatic into an abandoned house where we found...???!!

2.) 2 Ninja's, Greystripe and Satchel (mutant cat and dog), are hired as extra's on a sci-fi movie set when a Cthulu-esque monster rifts through right in the middle of our scene. While not 'a supernatural horror', it is Super, and quite a Horror. We're one good attack away from dead and it still has better than 1/2 it's SDC. What will happen next episode? Tune in again to find out.

3.) Joe, the hobo mutant tiger VS Holy @#$% is that a bear in downtown NYC? Werebear ? :wink: :lol: There bear you idiot! Cabbies, and Gypsies, and Werebears Oh My!

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Gallahan, I've said it before and I'll say it again, these tables are great! I'd still like a non-supernatural threat table, but that's just me being needy. We've learned to compensate in our TMNT game through a couple different means. Somethings are Scooby Doo-ified. Ghosts and the like are holograms or projected images. Monsters are either just monsters (not so much supernatural) or the cliche'd guy in a costume. Or you actually do have something extra nasty and either figure out a way to deal with it or be dealt with by it, (feel this is more in line with the BTS theme). Either way we're having a blast and laughing our fool heads off.

Can I post adventure summaries here to give folks an idea of what we've came up with? Or should I start a new thread (but where to put it? We're using BTS tables in a non-BTS game)

1.) The hobo's Joe and Ernie (mutant tiger and turtle) are bowled over in an alley way by a muttering lunatic. This wouldn't be so bad as the hobo's are used to a bit of mistreatment, but it spilled over $50 of donated, closing time leftover sea-food. This enraged Joe, who gave chase and followed the lunatic into an abandoned house where we found...???!!

2.) 2 Ninja's, Greystripe and Satchel (mutant cat and dog), are hired as extra's on a sci-fi movie set when a Cthulu-esque monster rifts through right in the middle of our scene. While not 'a supernatural horror', it is Super, and quite a Horror. We're one good attack away from dead and it still has better than 1/2 it's SDC. What will happen next episode? Tune in again to find out.

3.) Joe, the hobo mutant tiger VS Holy @#$% is that a bear in downtown NYC? Werebear ? :wink: :lol: There bear you idiot! Cabbies, and Gypsies, and Werebears Oh My!

By all means post your adventures here, if you like! And, yes, I am a fan of TMNT and will include a table of MUTANT THREATS in this thread ---eventually!---. I am behind schedule in submitting to the Rifter, but will get around to it soon. Personal stuff like unexpected relocations/moving can get in the way of things like random tables. Getting settled-in to the new place and will come around soon. But, back to the point, this thread would be a great place to post randomly generated adventure ideas. I look forward to seeing what you generate!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan wrote:By all means post your adventures here, if you like! And, yes, I am a fan of TMNT and will include a table of MUTANT THREATS in this thread ---eventually!---. I am behind schedule in submitting to the Rifter, but will get around to it soon. Personal stuff like unexpected relocations/moving can get in the way of things like random tables. Getting settled-in to the new place and will come around soon. But, back to the point, this thread would be a great place to post randomly generated adventure ideas. I look forward to seeing what you generate!

Still eagerly awaiting that bit. :mrgreen:

Oh the adventures we've had with your tables.
It's been a while and I can't remember all the details, but I'll share what I can dredge up.

"Lights, Camera, AAAAAIIEIEIIAIAHHHHH!" or 2 Ninja's Vs a Cthulu-esque monstrosity
The Ninja's originally decided that living was more important than destroying their adversary. They joined in the mass evacuation of NYC and let the national guard handle things. The GM said, (before everything was packed up) "you know, if you could have knocked it down to less than 1/2 SDC it would have ran back through it's Rift." So for S&G we tried things that way and we WON! We drove the tentacled monstrosity back through the Rift and didn't die in the process. As there was only a 50pt experience difference we went with the 2nd scenario as a close.

Uneasy Rider: (description of events in narrative form copied from another thread) - "Guess I'll start at the beginning. So me and Ernie were out scavenging near the shore, when wouldn't you know it, it starts to rain. Well after that crap with Sandy 2 guys like us know better than to be caught outside away from the mission. So we look up from the dumpster we're picking through and there, nice as you please, is this little beach house. Since when do they have beach houses in New York, I don't know, but there it was anyway. As we're eyeballing the place, thinking maybe whoever lives there will let us in out of the rain and maybe spare a sandwich, out walks this hairy biker fella. He jumps on his hog and takes off like it's a breezy summer day, paying no attention to the rain threatening to drown everyone else.
Well we figure it like this; if there's no one home then there ain't no one to tell us we can't come in. So over we go only to find this putz has locked the door behind him. Not to be deterred or drowned like rats we found a conveniently open window and made our way inside. The place was a wreck, trash and video cassettes everywhere, but damned if the fridge wasn't stocked full.
Not letting an opportunity go to waste, me and Ernie dump out these suitcases we found in one of the other rooms and start packing them full of what’s in the fridge. No sooner do we get them latched up, than the schmuck comes back in strolling through the front door. Acting like he owns the place, he asks what we think we're doing in his kitchen. I tell him we're from the city health department and the contents of his fridge were about to go bad, so we're disposing of them as a matter of public service." "Now get this. The biker guy looks me dead in the face, without twitching. Usually I get at least a twitch, and says to me, "wrong answer ass hat." Then all the skin and meat peels away from his head and his frikkin' skull catches fire!!
So I haul off and hit him as hard as I can with the suitcase full of food from the fridge, and he just grins at me. I go to give him a good clawing and he steps out of the way like I was some kind of yutz. I try again and he just grabs my wrist out of the air.
'Bout that time the biker guy, who now has a flaming skull for a head, lifts me up off the ground with one hand and is dangling me by my wrist. With his free hand he pulls out this blade and makes to stick me with it. I may eat handouts and from dumpsters, but I ain't a total slouch. Twice I was able to knock his hand away before he manages to finally shank me a good one.
Now Ernie, God knows what he was doing, decides to come to my rescue. He pulls out his blackjack and WHAM WHAM WHAM nails the guy in the sack like he was Babe frikkin Ruth knocking homers out of the park. Seeing my chance I give the guy 3 good rakes with the claws on my free hand when POOF he just disappears, dropping me on my striped ass. All that was left of the guy was his knife, and a steel 6 sided die on a necklace. Now squatter’s rights say, since we took the place in a fair fight it's ours now." Technically they're still hobos/homeless. They're only living in the beach house until someone comes along and decides to kick them out.

The Delivery: Joe and Ernie (the mutant hobo's) are hired to help a delivery guy by taking a couple packages to the 3rd floor genetics lab of the hospital. After some verbal abuse by a surly nurse and an anti-mutant fire chief, we make it to the lab. No sooner than we press the buzzer to be let in, the door is yanked open and a hairy, muscular arm grabs us and throws us across the lab. Then starts a fight with 7 highly mutated lab primates. Our hapless hobo's are getting their mutant hides handed to them by these malevolent monkeys. The lab personnel are of no help. They are all laying unconscious and bleeding on the floor. Having taken enough abuse (such mean monkeys, so many Nat. 20's), Joe picks up Ernie and using him as a shield/battering ram (Ernie is a mutant turtle) charges through the melee, out/through the lab doors, and beats a hasty retreat. What did we get for our troubles? A box of fine Cuban Cigars, a wondrous color changing ink pen, and $40

The Graveyard: On the way to Capt. Barton's Seafood Buffet (best location on the random table) to see if Doug (our recurring NPC employee @ Capt. Barton's) can hook them up with with some leftovers, Joe and Ernie notice the door to one of the mausoleums in a nearby graveyard is pushed open. There is light coming from inside. Thinking that it is probably just some kids inside drinking, Joe and Ernie plan to run them off and score some free beers or a bottle of booze. Upon entering, they are met with a horrible sight. A black, gaping hole dominates the anteroom of the crypt. A lid from a coffin has been torn off and is laying against a side wall. Scattered across the floor are various items, an unbroken champagne bottle, a worn leather pouch, and a very old looking glass vial of what appears to be water. That would be odd enough it weren't for the 15 decomposed, yet animated hands crawling toward us with what must be evil intent. The hands attack, grabbing at us and climbing up our legs and scrabbling for our tender parts! Smacking away all the hands we finally think we're home free. We scoop up all the loot and make to leave when we hear a skritching behind us. Turing around we see the hands are coming at us again. Thinking quickly Joe says, "start chucking them down the hole Ernie. Aim for the middle, we don't want them catching the side and crawling back out!" We tossed down all but 5 of the best looking hands. Those got stuffed into Joe's gym bag along with the loot. Once the bag was zipped tight, it was wound with duct tape. From inside came muffled voices, "Please let us out. We won't hurt you." This was only in Joe's head. Ernie said he didn't hear anything. After the other hands were tossed down the hole, we picked up the coffin lid and covered it up. We searched the crypt proper and finding nothing interesting; we left, quickly shutting the door behind us.

Dining like fancy folk do: It's dinner time and Joe and Ernie decide to hit up Capt. Barton's Seafood Buffet. Deciding to see how the other half lives, Joe scrounges through his pockets and comes up with enough cash to buy tonight's dinner rather than beg for the end of the night left overs. The hostess, who had seen us at least 3 times before, acted like we were a couple of persona non grata and walked off without seating us. We took the cleanest looking seat we could find and began to look over the menu. Ernie notices a patron at a nearby table is putting the moves on the hostess. He's a magician and is charming her pants off with cheesey slight of hand tricks. Joe thinks this is funny and starts mocking the magician to Ernie. The magician notices and confronts Joe. After trading insults, the magician turns to go back to his table. Joe whips out a retractable claw, slices out the bottom of the magicians back pants pocket and successfully pick-pockets the contents. Finally Doug comes over to take our order (or so we think). Instead of taking our order, Doug tells us about a home that was recently demolished. Knowing that we're always on the look out for stuff, he tells us to go check it out before it gets cleaned up, tonight's dinner is on him. We leave to see what there is to see, maybe it's something we can scavenge to sell for a couple bucks. When we get to the site there is a cherry red 91 corvette and a wood chipper that reeks of blood. Upon sneaky investigation we see the magician who's pocket was picked (the Id said Falstaff Fuqhed), On a failed prowl roll, the magician begins to turn toward us. Joe hides under the car, while Ernie ducks behind it. He calls Ernie out and and grabs him, carrying him over to the wood chipper with murder in his eyes. Joe scrambles out from under the 'vette and succeeding in a prowl roll manages to punch the magician in the back of the head for 2x damage. The murdering magic man drops Ernie and turns to Joe. Ernie takes the opportunity to punch the magician in the butt. A critical hit to the sciatic nerve, then a miss, then a critical hit to the ol' brown eye. POW right in the stinky wrinkley! The Joe swings with a massive hay maker and drops the magician to the ground, blood and brain juice dribbling from his ears. Picking his pockets we find the keys to the corvette and not much else. What to do with the body?? Joe and Ernie drag the limp but still breathing magician to the closest porta-john, drop his drawers and shorts, and arrange him to look like he died in the middle of his business. Taking the keys we unlock the vette and rifle through it for anything useful or valuable. We find, wanted poster for the magician (he had robbed a jewelry store)an orange, inflatable life-raft still in un-inflated cube form, an old glass jar with what looks to be water (chart says this is pre-atlantis..does that make it special?), and a velvet bag containing 72 diamonds. Since neither of us can drive or have any underworld contacts, we gave the keys to the corvette to Doug. He's always been good to us. We figured it would be a nice gesture.

I'll edit this at a later time to include the selections from the table that generated each game.
*Nope, changed my mind, not going to add the table items in. This should prompt you to become familiar with the tables. Use them in your games and you'll be able to spot the elements right away.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Gallahan wrote:By all means post your adventures here, if you like! And, yes, I am a fan of TMNT and will include a table of MUTANT THREATS in this thread ---eventually!---. I am behind schedule in submitting to the Rifter, but will get around to it soon. Personal stuff like unexpected relocations/moving can get in the way of things like random tables. Getting settled-in to the new place and will come around soon. But, back to the point, this thread would be a great place to post randomly generated adventure ideas. I look forward to seeing what you generate!

Still eagerly awaiting that bit. :mrgreen:

Oh the adventures we've had with your tables.
It's been a while and I can't remember all the details, but I'll share what I can dredge up.

"Lights, Camera, AAAAAIIEIEIIAIAHHHHH!" I'll edit this at a later time to include the selections from the table that generated each game.
*Nope, changed my mind, not going to add the table items in. This should prompt you to become familiar with the tables. Use them in your games and you'll be able to spot the elements right away.

Wow! This shows how versatile the tables can be when applied to other Palladium systems. NICELY DONE.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Gallahan, I've said it before and I'll say it again, these tables are great! I'd still like a non-supernatural threat table, but that's just me being needy. We've learned to compensate in our TMNT game through a couple different means. Somethings are Scooby Doo-ified. Ghosts and the like are holograms or projected images. Monsters are either just monsters (not so much supernatural) or the cliche'd guy in a costume. Or you actually do have something extra nasty and either figure out a way to deal with it or be dealt with by it, (feel this is more in line with the BTS theme). Either way we're having a blast and laughing our fool heads off.

I realized upon review that I never finished this story for you all. As it was the 2nd adventure for Joe and Ernie and the one where they really came into their personalities I felt it needed told.
Ahem..

Joe and Ernie see the lunatic go in the front door of the rundown house and shut it behind him. Not one to have a slight as serious as knocking his dinner to the ground go unanswered Joe barges up and tries to follow in after. The door is locked! How to get in? How about through the window, seeing as how they're long since busted out and only the framing remains. Being ridiculously enraged at losing his supper, Joe dives/pounces through the window frame as Tigers are want to do. I rolled a 1 to strike/jump through the window. Joe catches his paws on the bottom window frame and is stopped in mid air. His sudden loss of momentum drops him to the floor with a thud. Ernie shoves Joe's feet in after him and follows in, simply climbing over the sill, and laughs at his misfortune. Now having injury added to his insult, Joe searches the house for the jerk who ruined his night. The only sound/light in the entire house (not made by Joe or Ernie) came from behind a closed door. Joe busts through the door in a snarling tigery rage to find the lunatic they'd been chasing holding a wicked looking machete and standing over a young naked girl who was tied spread eagle on an old wrought iron bed. It looks like our hungry hobos have happened upon a sacrificial rite! Joe roars out, "You owe me dinner you #$%#$@#%#" and leaps over the bed tackling the lunatic. Joe quickly kills the cultist in a vicious bloody melee. He then free's the young girl and tells her to run away home before his attitude gets any worse. She runs away screaming into the night. Joe and Ernie then search the house and loot anything that looks like it might be of any value.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Gallahan, I've said it before and I'll say it again, these tables are great! I'd still like a non-supernatural threat table, but that's just me being needy.

As you wish. Great idea, actually, as non-supernatural threats are inherently a part of any storyline and can be game-changers that cause the story to turn on a dime. I am working on a RIFTER submission, and because of your suggestion, there is now a non-supernatural threat table. Great idea, hats off to you! --Thanks. ;)

G
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan, the first thing I want to say is in the last part of this clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMa7ppHTr3g

Secondly, Non supernatural threat table where?!!! Here on the forums? Did you edit what you have listed and I just need to reread/print the lists? Or is it there will be a non supernatural threat table in the Rifter submission?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Gallahan, the first thing I want to say is in the last part of this clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMa7ppHTr3g

Secondly, Non supernatural threat table where?!!! Here on the forums? Did you edit what you have listed and I just need to reread/print the lists? Or is it there will be a non supernatural threat table in the Rifter submission?

LOL... Great YouTube video! ;)

Non-supernatural threat table to be included in the RIFTER submission I'm putting together right now.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan wrote:LOL... Great YouTube video! ;)

Non-supernatural threat table to be included in the RIFTER submission I'm putting together right now.

While part of me is excited for you and hopeful that your article gets published the other part is bummed that once submitted (if it doesn't get published ) it is gone forever.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

Gallahan wrote:LOL... Great YouTube video! ;)

While part of me is excited for you and hopeful that your article gets published the other part is bummed that once submitted (if it doesn't get published ) it is gone forever.

As someone with pointed ears in a popular sci-fi space opera has been quoted as saying, "There are always... possibilities." However, I am hopeful that Palladium would include a hardcopy version of these tables in a RIFTER because of the popularity of these tables in the forums. Aside from the Lazlo material, the Handy Dandy is decently popular in hits/views/comments. I'll finish up the first incarnation of the tables for Palladium's RIFTER and see what happens.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan wrote:As someone with pointed ears in a popular sci-fi space opera has been quoted as saying, "There are always... possibilities."

Oh now you're toying with me. That's just cruel.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

First the Players:
Garbaad, a mutant ibex hybrid, is a retired Major from the Army Special Forces and 75th Ranger Regiment. As a civilian Garbaad works as a hunting expedition guide
Ogylbe, a mutant hamster, is a former KGB communications analyst who escaped to the USA when he found out he was going to be exterminated.

The story so far: The Adventures of Garbaad and Ogylbe are looooong drawn out affairs that would read like a train of thought conversation. But they've involved, being kidnapped, escaping, rescuing Garbaad’s family, a revenge vendetta, vivid horrific hallucinations that resulted in Garbaad developing a severe phobia of squirrels, being kidnapped again, zombies..lots and lots of zombies, killer robots, laser defense systems, and trying to shoot down a Black Hawk combat helicopter with a hunting rifle. Oh Garbaad also laid claim to an entire abandoned town because he killed all the zombies there.

The random table rolls:
Main Location- A broken down RV
Supernatural Threat - Female Android (this was described to look like Gort from the original The Day the Earth Stood Still)
Time - Spring
Npc - A Violinist with a fragile mind
Items of note - (none of which were essential story pieces) Turquoise 57 Chevy, A skeletal hand, 1991 Corvette, A box of ashes, a ventriloquist's dummy.

Today's Episode: Motor coach Madness/Winnebago Warriors/Attack of the Trans dimensional Taxonomist (haven't come up with a good name yet)

Having cleaned up and restored the little town of Lost Creek, WY (set WAAAY in the middle of nowhere) Garbaad, with the help of Ogylbe has turned the entire town into a destination resort for hunting/fishing enthusiasts (at least to the public eye).

While out doing a wildlife census for the upcoming hunting season Garbaad and Ogylbe notice a large Class A Motor coach sitting out in an open field. The tail end of the RV is embedded in a shimmering wall of light. After determining that neither of them had given written out any camping passes (Garbaad has claimed HUGE tracts of land around his town) they get closer to investigate. The wall of light is 2 dimensional and extends about 10 feet to each side and the top of the RV. It is not visible from the side or behind. The landscape where the back of the RV should be is unchanged. On close inspection the RV appears to be damaged. There are several scorch marks along the sides and front, some of the body panels show signs of melting, and the windows/windshield appears to be covered with some sort of armor plating. From inside come the sounds of electronic machinery and hydraulic motors. Not getting any response from shouting at the occupants or pelting the side of the RV with a large pine cone, Garbaad decides to knock. He tells Ogylbe to "Cover my butt in case something goes screwy." Ogylbe responds by saying, "I no touch your @$$ comrade!' Ogylbe failed his language check. Silly Russian . After explaining what he meant by the figure of speech, Garbaad approaches the RV and raps on the side.

Rather than the door opening like one would expect, the entire side of the RV slides apart like a pair of automatic doors. Out steps a very large metal person. Standing at about 9 1/2 - 10ft tall it towers over the top of Garbaad's massive horns (Not the image I want, but close enough. http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 3epa3z.jpg ). Rather than display any form of greeting, the metallic person swings/swats at Garbaad and misses. Springing into action Garbaad lets loose with a flurry of vicious head-butts only to wind up giving himself a slight headache. Even attempts at a ramming charge didn't budge the metal person. Thinking that head-butting it might not be the way to go; Garbaad attempts to gore/flip it with his horns. A successful strike roll is made, but when he attempts to flip it, it doesn't even budge. Having it wedged between his horns and facing downward, Garbaad notices it is sunk about 8 inches into the ground. Untangling himself and getting out of reach, Garbaad readies his rifle. About that time Ogylbe remembers what "Cover my butt" means and opens fire with an Ak-47. Bullets are flying everywhere as each time one strikes their adversary it harmlessly bounces off. Seeing this is about a good a course of action as any Garbaad opens fire with his 30-06 hunting rifle. Some, but not all, of his bullets penetrate while others ping off into the distance.

The firefight continues with some rounds ricocheting off in all directions and others penetrating the metal monster. It tries time and again to swat at Garbaad, only to have him parry its clumsy strike or dance out of the way. After several unsuccessful attempts to strike Garbaad the metal giant changes targets and goes after Ogylbe. As it moves away from the RV Garbaad takes the chance to hop up into the portal it came out of and open fire from behind. Just like before, the bullets either bounce off or have little effect on their target. The android/robot/metal person (?) is now towering over Ogylbe and in one quick sweep has caught him in its giant grip. It turns back toward the RV and in only a few massive strides is back at the opening. It stiff arms Garbaad pushing him back into the interior as the doors slide shut behind it.

Trapped in the RV, Garbaad looks around wildly, opening fire at random targets. Bullets harmlessly bounce off of smooth black glass instrument panels, enormous glass cylinders set into the walls, and even off of the metal being. It steps past Garbaad as if his attacks are of no consequence and shoves Ogylbe into one of the glass cylinders. It twists part of the cylinder, sealing Ogylbe inside. Then with a few swipes of its hands over the instrument panels, the cylinder begins to glow as Ogylbe is shrunk to the size of an action figure! It releases the seal on Ogylbe’s trap, reaches in and removes him.

Throughout this whole bizarre turn of events Garbaad has been shooting at the android and ramming it with his horns, anything in an attempt to stop it from its course of action. In a final desperate attempt to save his friend, Garbaad rams the metal creature with a massive charging head butt. He connects just as the monster opens its hand to dump Ogylbe into a tiny cage. With a grinding shudder the metallic menace comes to a halt and slowly starts to topple over. Garbaad snatches Ogylbe from the creatures hand and leaps out of the way at it comes crashing to the floor. Unwilling to leave his friend shrunken to a mere 6” tall, Garbaad tries to reverse the process by mimicking the creature’s actions in reverse. He finally succeeds but only after first enlarging Ogylbe to gigantic proportions.

Having restored Ogylbe to his previous size, the two decide to look around inside the RV. Sitting on a shelf are what appears to be 2 toy cars, miniature replicas of Turquoise ’57 Chevy and a 1991 Corvette. Ogylbe thinks these are neat little trinkets and puts them in his shirt pockets. There is also a creepy looking ventriloquists dummy and an ornate wooden box. Ignoring the dummy, Garbaad takes down and opens the box. Inside, on a pile of ashes, are the skeletal remains of a human hand. Quickly shutting the lid, Garbaad places it back on the shelf. Turning toward the cages where the android was going to stick Ogylbe, they see a tiny man with his head in his hands sitting next to a tiny violin. Repeating the process that restored Ogylbe, Garbaad returns the man to full human size.

Having been set free, the man looks up and sees his two mutant rescuers for the first time. “Martians,” he shrieks, “No, no, no, not more Martians!” Garbaad tries to calm the hysterical man as best he can, insisting they are not Martians, but Americans, that the man isn’t on an alien world, but in Wyoming. The man doesn’t believe a word of it. He tells them, “In 1901 animals don’t talk and the wilderness of Wyoming is full of savage injuns.” Garbaad tells him that it isn’t 1901, but is in fact 2013. With this revelation, the man’s last shred of composure cracks and he runs screaming from the RV. Garbaad tells Ogylbe, “Help me catch him before he runs off, gets lost, and dies of exposure or is eaten by a bear.” Garbaad chases after the man and quickly overtakes him, tackling him to the ground.

As Ogylbe clears the doorway of the RV, there is a rumble as a vortex inside the wall of light begins to suck the RV back through. Ogylbe dives to the ground and sinks his claws into the dirt to avoid being sucked in along with the RV. As the front of the RV is dragged past the opening of the wall, it slides/winks shut without a sound. Ogylbe then begins to shout as he frantically digs at this shirt pockets, pulling out the toy cars and dropping them to the ground. In no time at all they have enlarged to become full sized automobiles. It turns out they weren’t toy models after all, but real cars that had been miniaturized. Deciding to come back for the cars later, Garbaad tosses the hysterical man over his shoulder, picks up the now broken violin and heads back to Lost Creek.

Once back in town, Garbaad brings the man to the local Vet/Physician, Dr. Wolf. Dr. Wolf (A mutant wolf with No human looks) gives the man such a fright that he has to be sedated in order to keep from injuring himself or others. With the man safely unconscious thanks to Dr. Wolf’s chemical cocktail, Garbaad drives him to the nearest human city (60+ miles) and drops him off at the police station with a slightly altered story of how they came to find him. Promising to cover the bill for the man’s medical treatment and the repair of his violin, Garbaad leaves with the Chief of Police’s thanks and welcome to the (relative) neighborhood.

The End.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

Wow...! Very nice. ;)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

EODguydave wrote:This has to be one of the best treads to lurk on. It's really done wonders to clear out my GM-ing writers block.

Dave! Welcome to the Forums!! This is a fantastic thread to lurk on. Sadly I think I've been the only one posting to it, and I don't even play BTS. I just use this Amazing HDRAG for my games and they're always a hoot and a half.

Happy Gaming and glad to have you around,

Nate

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

EODguydave wrote:This has to be one of the best treads to lurk on. It's really done wonders to clear out my GM-ing writers block.

Thanks, Dave. It's been a lot of fun over the years adding to and using these tables.

GAME MASTER HINT: Be sure to keep an eye out for the next RIFTER (a most **awesome** magazine, by the way). The following quote is from Palladium's weekly update sent via email:

UPDATE: The Rifter® #63 – Done

The Rifter® #63 is done! It is another outstanding issue filled with monsters, mayhem, secrets and adventure ideas for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, plus adventure generation tables for Beyond the Supernatural™ (these are wonderful, helpful and easy to use, I loved them), and secret information about the Coalition’s Psi-Battalion for Rifts®. (The Rifts® short story, which we all enjoyed, had to be put aside for next issue.) As well as news, coming attractions and a photo spread of the sculpts for Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Great issue

Just in time for Halloween. Personally, I'm going to purchase a few extra copies myself! --And keep in mind, the tables have been updated from how they appear in this thread, ---streamlined and updated.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Congratulations :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Wow, way to go man! So glad I got in on the beta testing phase. I'll have to purchase this one for no other reason that your fantastitabulous tables are in it.
Congratulations

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'd just read that myself and I was coming here to post about it. :)

Congrats bro! I feel this article might help some GM's feel better about starting a BTS game. I will post all about it on the "BTS material" as soon as its released; both here on the forum and the House of BTS. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Gallahan
Adventurer

Thank you, everyone. It will be nice to see hard copy versions of these tables in print. Like Loucifer said, GMs might be inclined to try out BTS gaming. And, heck, it's a great way to pass some time having fun chucking dice and annotating results that might coalesce into a meaningful yet HORRIFIC story... Hehehe. ;)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

How much for an autographed copy?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:How much for an autographed copy?

How much? Nothing, of course. It would be my pleasure and honor. ;)

Half the fun for me is the act of creating the tables. The other half is chucking dice, generating elements and somehow making a story out of them. While I streamlined and updated the tables found here, I still have not actually used them to generate a story. I wanted to actually have RIFTER 63 opened, dice spilling out of my Maple-version Crown Royal bag, a blank notebook opened, a classic, freshly loaded Pentel mechanical pencil ready, lights slightly dimmed, and horror music library set to Random Play before I savored the fun of actually using the tables to generate a few stories and ideas.

Having just typed the above paragraph, it is taking just about all of my self control and discipline NOT to open the Word document and start chucking dice right now! LOL. So, I may not be on this thread for a while --just to keep myself from THINKING about using the tables before I have the hard copy of RIFTER in my hands, on my table, opened to whatever page via book weights. It's really going to be a lotta fun.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gallahan wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:How much for an autographed copy?

How much? Nothing, of course. It would be my pleasure and honor. ;)

Send me an email or pm about when/where to send the money for my copy (don't forget to work in shipping) with said autograph, and we'll get it done. Never had anything with an autograph before. Nice.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

AWESOME monster table, Mephisto!

So, has anyone used the RIFTER version of the tables to generate any adventures? Just in the last couple of months, I finally had a chance to run some short one-nighters at a gaming store near Fort Lee, Virginia, and set the stories in that area (Petersburg, Chesterfield, Fort Lee, Hopewell --VA). Modern day, current season and current date. It helped that during the last session, Wed before Thanksgiving, that comet ISON was really heading toward a rendezvous with the sun.

That last session, two of the three players rolled CULTIST as an option, and the third rolled CULT MASTER/LEADER. I allowed each person to roll three professions so they could choose. They incorporated one of the other professions into CULTIST, SO we had a cult master who was a Hopewell VA police detective, a farmer cultist and an emergency responder cultist. To make a long story short, army/military intelligence and corporate physicists had an "OMEGA GATE" in the deep, wooded expanses of Fort Lee, captured the cultists who's ceremony had been interrupted by two hunters poaching on government land. After a violent encounter, one of the hunters was wounded, the other dead, apprehended by the detective (cult master). Getting ready to arrest the remaining hunter, the detective/cult leader and his EMS responder cultist were captured by soldiers and marched to a camp surrounding the Omega Gate, towering four stories into the forest canopy. After a quick debriefing, they could tell the military folks were going to drug them, possibly kill them, and tried to escape. Meanwhile, the farmer cultist gal began to play with an electronics box on their field generator, cutting off power to the lights and the Omega Gate, which then screamed, whined and released a four-story high tentacle monstrosity onto this dimension...

It was a great way to generate a B-movie styled off-the-cuff spontaneous adventure. The detective/cult-master rolled some pretty good items like MODERN DRONE and EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISARMING ROBOT --that never came into play (short adventure, limited time), but might come in handy the next session. By the end of the night, helicopters, soldiers and special units had been dispatched by Fort Lee, in search of genetics lab escaped creatures near the Appomattox River, a four-story larvae tentacled beast was wreaking havoc and plowing through/over shopping centers toward Fort Lee. And, heroes were escaping along I-295 northbound for Chesterfield. --I had a previous game (two sessions) done in this way, and decided to set this third, independent chapter the same night. Two of the players in this last adventure played different characters in the last two adventures, and enjoyed the crossover connection. It provided more context to the events of the first two sessions. I hadn't planned on doing this, but the idea just manifested itself and worked pretty well.

I'd love to hear how you guys and gals might have used the hardcopy tables, too.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I don't have a hard copy and it doesn't look like S.C. will be bringing me one either. :(

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Matt
D-Bee
Comment: Let's all have fun our own way and maybe, if we're lucky, sometimes those ways will intersect.

Unread post by Matt »

Is there anywhere all those tables are in one place?
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Matt wrote:Is there anywhere all those tables are in one place?

The Rifter # 63 I believe. But after obtaining a copy of said Rifter, I prefer these tables to the ones that made print.
I think it would be great of some fans expanded on the tables by adding new categories and such.

Non supernatural threats is one I've been hoping for.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Matt
D-Bee
Comment: Let's all have fun our own way and maybe, if we're lucky, sometimes those ways will intersect.

Unread post by Matt »

I meant these tables, not other tables published in Rifter.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I know, I meant that in the rifter is the only place I know of where they are all collected in one neat package.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Gallahan
Adventurer

The thing about publishing these tables in The Rifter #63 was space availability. There was a finite amount of space available for the tables in the Rifter. In fact, there is a finite amount of space in here as well, sort of, in the sense that people don’t want to be scrolling back and forth from page to page over and over. I actually have enough tables and sub-tables to qualify for a BTS sourcebook on Random locations, events, conditions, heroes, villains and monsters. I’ve also created a pretty huge FANTASY version of these tables as well.

I have loved Palladium Fantasy for many years, and have several of the rich sourcebooks, but I certainly don’t have all of them, and have lagged behind and lost touch with Palladium products over the last couple of years, mainly due to the stagnation of BTS. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE PALLADIUM and its products! I’m just sad that BTS has taken a back-burner position in development, but I understand that to survive, the company has to make more of what sells the most.

Back to the point, I had to refine and consolidate the tables from this forum into something quick and easy to use in the Rifter. In that sense, they are two different animals. For a while, there was even a website designed by someone (or a couple of guys) that automated these tables. All you had to do was press the ROLL DICE button or something like that. Now THAT was a LOTTA FUN!

If I only knew how to program, I would create an APP for these tables. But, short of having an app, I carry around a copy of Rifter #63 whenever I game. You never know when people are in the mood for a one night horror scenario, and so far, all groups I’ve used the tables for have really enjoyed the rolling-up process. It forces good players to play something new and different, depending on the profession of their character, and I usually have them roll 2 or 3 mundane items and 1 very interesting item. And, then the tables for me, the GM, to construct a story based on the other factors like weather, recent events, supernatural threat.

As far as having non-supernatural threats, that might be interesting. Maybe there could be a heading for NON-SUPERNATURAL THREAT, and another for PARANORMAL THREAT (this would include things like escaped genetically modified human-wolf hybrids, or spider dogs –things man created or natural mutations).

I just might create some tables for Palladium Fantasy now. I’m excited about creating another RANDOM aspect to the Palladium Multiverse! --Heck, I love RIFTS, too, and lost touch with that game after the fifth sourcebook. If I were a RIFTS geek, you’d see a table for that, too.

C. Gallahan

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”