Mini-Update, August 28, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

UPDATE: Rifts® Black Market. The PR copies shipped yesterday along with all the orders. Of course, after talking about how good sales were over the weekend and the past few weeks, they slumped last night. That’s okay, we always see ups and downs. People are loving this book, and it's prompting sales of Rifts Lemuria® as well.

UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. The artwork that has been coming in for Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is looking excellent and I want to be writing that book so badly.

Gah, I hate paperwork, but I’m plowing through it. I hope to finish it up today or tomorrow, then it is clear sailing on the creative end of things.

UPDATE: The Rifter® #60. I’ll be assigning art for The Rifter® #60 later today or tomorrow. I also need to assign additional art for Rifts® Northern Gun and Megaverse® in Flames. I know Mike Mumah is hungry for some new work and I want to keep Amy Ashbaugh, Mike Wilson, Nick Bradshaw, the Manning Brothers and others working away on these rapidly approaching books.

The Rifter® #60 is another fun issue and represents The Rifter’s 15 Year Anniversary. Hard to believe it has been 15 years already. How time flies.

This and That: I had a good conversation with Mike Mumah yesterday and I need to figure out what I want him to work on next. In between assignments, Mike is working on a secret project that he’s all fired up about and has many excellent ideas.

I heard again from two other people how “Palladium Books is back,” and how happy they are about it. It is so nice so many people seem to think so and that they are so happy about it. We’ve dealt with so much misfortune the last few years, that I’m still afraid to let myself believe it, but I sure like hearing it. :) The Gen Con fans and industry people sure made us feel like we’re back, and strong sales last week and over the weekend sure feel good. We have so many cool plans for the rest of 2012 and next year that we better be back, because I want to see all these products out as much as you guys and gals. In fact, there are a couple of surprises I’ll be announcing soon.

UPDATE: My Granddaughter, Baby Chloe. I had a nice talk with my daughter Monica yesterday afternoon. She and the baby are both doing very well. Chloe is a quiet, well behaved baby and growing like a weed (three pounds since birth July 5, 1012). The proud parents, Monica and Steven, are thrilled with parenthood. I’m so happy for them.

UPDATE: Health. I’m seeing a chiropractor for my back and hip pain. My initial consultation and adjustment was last Friday. Today I get another “adjustment” and the full plan for what the doctor thinks needs to be done and for how long. Fingers crossed. Been feeling better the past week or so, and I’m hopeful this will all get me back to being pain free. As far as I can tell, my diabetes remains under control.

That’s it for today. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 28, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered
Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”