Splicers Errata

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Splicers Errata

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I've been meaning to do this for a while now. This thread is to collect additional errata from Splicers. Things that obviously in error. Please list them here with a page number. This will be brought to Palladium's attention when they are preparing to reprint the book.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Splicers Errata

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Only thing that stands out might be :

Bio-E Feature :
Enhanced Strength. = It lists all kinds of things in it that does not match with OCC or Warmount info. Like Biotics can upgrade to Splicer PS for 50 Bio-E...but they already have Splicer PS as part of their OCC/RCC Transformation. Gorehounds have Supernatural PS, but it says they can buy it...

That is the only thing I can think of needing Errata.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Packmaster page 154 says they have living armor with 1d4 extra eye stalks or antennae is this in addition to the bio e points? If not they cannot buy antennae that cost 55 points, and eyestalks are 20 points per pair so would be hard pressed to add two pair.
The Galactus Kid

boxee wrote:Packmaster page 154 says they have living armor with 1d4 extra eye stalks or antennae is this in addition to the bio e points? If not they cannot buy antennae that cost 55 points, and eyestalks are 20 points per pair so would be hard pressed to add two pair.

We assigned a bio-e point allowance and said that this was in addition to the bio-e that they are given. We also created a specialized armor for an upgraded packmaster based on some Chuck Walton artwork I commissioned.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
boxee wrote:Packmaster page 154 says they have living armor with 1d4 extra eye stalks or antennae is this in addition to the bio e points? If not they cannot buy antennae that cost 55 points, and eyestalks are 20 points per pair so would be hard pressed to add two pair.

We assigned a bio-e point allowance and said that this was in addition to the bio-e that they are given. We also created a specialized armor for an upgraded packmaster based on some Chuck Walton artwork I commissioned.

I hope I am not bothering you too much but where can I find that upgrade?
The Galactus Kid

boxee wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I havn't posted it yet. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Ah here it is. This is the rough notes written for the PC illustrated in Chuck Waltons Packmaster illo.

New Packmaster Armor for Great House Warsaw

The armor is basic Dragon Scale Armor that has been further modified specifically for the Elite Pack Master units of the Great House. It is currently in the prototype phase.

Make the following adjustments to the Dragon Scale Armor:
M.D.C.: +4D10 to Main Body, +3D8 to Arms (only the right arm in the case of Borris), +3D10 to Legs, +10 to the Head (which is protected by the collar which has 3D8+10 M.D.C. making the head -4 to strike and requires a called shot, a miss deducts damage from the collar, rather than the main body), +1D6x10+15 M.D.C. for the large shoulders and chest protection (on a missed called shot on the arms, damage is deducted from here, rather than the main body)

Specific Features:
Elongated Legs
Leaping Legs
Grip Hairs
5+1D4 “Eye Vipers” with Advanced Eyes: Advanced Eye Vipers have been added as enhancements to Boris’s Packmaster helmet. The cobra like appendages with a optical retina inside the mouths, act as advance optics that twist, slither, bend independently of the others to look in any direction; 360 degrees, up, down, etc. They can look around corners, into small pipes/tunnels, through holes & openings that are often to difficult or help avoid exposing the entire Packmaster to possible danger or the Eye vipers can also move and lean up, tight against the neck & helmet to avoid getting targeted or lopped off during combat. Each eye has the vision similar to that of an eagle, enabling the Packmaster to recognize a face or read a sign up to a mile away (1.6km). They are also equipped with passive nightvision with a range of 2000 ft with ambient light sources for assistance. Each also has polarized lens filters to reduce glare and allows visibility during blinding light scenarios. The Eye Vipers move like cobras and are very fast and extremely difficult to hit. Hitting them requires a called shot at -6 to strike, plus they each have auto dodge at +2. They can be further upgraded with Bio-E.

Bio-E:
1D4x10+10 for Eyes/Vision or Other/Sensory Features
4D8+12 but limited to Bio-Defense, Flight, Offensive, or Ranged (those that do not require a metabolism)
Other Bio-E granted as a gift for good service or for another reason can be added to the armor, but the armor itself gets no additional Bio-E per level. Once it is made, there are usually very limited upgrades to the armor.

The Galactus Kid

The Galactus Kid wrote:
boxee wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I havn't posted it yet. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Ah here it is. This is the rough notes written for the PC illustrated in Chuck Waltons Packmaster illo.

New Packmaster Armor for Great House Warsaw

The armor is basic Dragon Scale Armor that has been further modified specifically for the Elite Pack Master units of the Great House. It is currently in the prototype phase.

Make the following adjustments to the Dragon Scale Armor:
M.D.C.: +4D10 to Main Body, +3D8 to Arms (only the right arm in the case of Borris), +3D10 to Legs, +10 to the Head (which is protected by the collar which has 3D8+10 M.D.C. making the head -4 to strike and requires a called shot, a miss deducts damage from the collar, rather than the main body), +1D6x10+15 M.D.C. for the large shoulders and chest protection (on a missed called shot on the arms, damage is deducted from here, rather than the main body)

Specific Features:
Elongated Legs
Leaping Legs
Grip Hairs
5+1D4 “Eye Vipers” with Advanced Eyes: Advanced Eye Vipers have been added as enhancements to Boris’s Packmaster helmet. The cobra like appendages with a optical retina inside the mouths, act as advance optics that twist, slither, bend independently of the others to look in any direction; 360 degrees, up, down, etc. They can look around corners, into small pipes/tunnels, through holes & openings that are often to difficult or help avoid exposing the entire Packmaster to possible danger or the Eye vipers can also move and lean up, tight against the neck & helmet to avoid getting targeted or lopped off during combat. Each eye has the vision similar to that of an eagle, enabling the Packmaster to recognize a face or read a sign up to a mile away (1.6km). They are also equipped with passive nightvision with a range of 2000 ft with ambient light sources for assistance. Each also has polarized lens filters to reduce glare and allows visibility during blinding light scenarios. The Eye Vipers move like cobras and are very fast and extremely difficult to hit. Hitting them requires a called shot at -6 to strike, plus they each have auto dodge at +2. They can be further upgraded with Bio-E.

Bio-E:
1D4x10+10 for Eyes/Vision or Other/Sensory Features
4D8+12 but limited to Bio-Defense, Flight, Offensive, or Ranged (those that do not require a metabolism)
Other Bio-E granted as a gift for good service or for another reason can be added to the armor, but the armor itself gets no additional Bio-E per level. Once it is made, there are usually very limited upgrades to the armor.

Also, this can now be found in Rifter #59

flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Flame Weapons: "These intense blasts can be performed once per melee, but counts as one additional melee attack"

But then the Rate of Fire for Fire Breath says: "Once per melee, but count as two the character's melee attacks"
And Rate of Fire for Plasma Breath says: "Once per melee round, but counts as two melee attacks"

That's a direct contradiction. One place says it's a free attack and the other places say that it costs 2 attacks.

That should be fixed.

--flatline
The Galactus Kid

That has been officially corrected in the official source material in Rifter 50

flatline
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:That has been officially corrected in the official source material in Rifter 50

Excellent.

Are you allowed to post what the correction was for those of use who don't have Rifter 50?

--flatline
The Galactus Kid

If I'm not, then I'm sure NMI or one of the mods will remove the post.

Napalm Enhancement
This enhancement adds an additional chemical to the mixture present in the flame weapons used by many Splicers, allowing it to continuously burn like organic napalm. The chemical can be used in conjunction with either the fire breath or plasma breath weapons. If purchased for fire breath, the upgrade will still be present when upgraded to plasma breath, only increasing in damage.
Mega-Damage: In addition to the initial damage of 3D12 M.D. for the Fire Breath, the napalm continues to burn, causing 2D12 M.D. per melee round for 1D4 minutes. For napalm enhanced plasma breath, the weapon does its initial 6D12 M.D. and continues to burn causing 3D12 M.D per melee round for 2D4 minutes. (Note: If this enhancement is purchased for the Draco War Mount, increase its damage from 3D8 to 6D12 initial damage, and from 3D8 to 6D12 per melee of burn damage)
Bonus: +1 to strike, in addition to the bonus listed for the flame weapon.
Bio-E Cost: 20 points. 35 points if purchased for the Draco War Mount, but all three heads are upgraded.
Prerequisite: Fire Breath or Plasma Breath (Note: When reading the description of Flame weapons on pg. 101 of the Splicers® Role Playing Game it states in the description that flame weapons can only be used once per melee and count as an additional melee attack. Please use this listing rather than the one under the “Rate of Fire” section of their stat blocks.)

flatline
Knight

And of course Rifter #50 isn't available from Palladium. Guess I could buy it from DriveThruRPG...but I prefer hardcopy...

--flatline
The Galactus Kid

If it makes you feel any better, Kevin was talking about doing a limited reprint on Rifter 50. We talked about it at GenCon. I may even have an extra that I can sell you, but I'm not for certain. I'd have to check.

flatline
Knight

How much new splicer material is in #50?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

flatline wrote:How much new splicer material is in #50?

I don't have it handy at the moment, but 50 and 51 are treasure troves of Splicey goodness. Multiple new characters, including the Gardener, Tormentor, and Metamorph, some new bio-enhancements, and some jaw dropping artwork by Premier. Definately a "must get".
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i would think you could just list the new rate of fire, rather than the entire entry.

also, i don't think that clarifies it at all. it tells us to use that instead of the core book information, but that entry you listed doesn't have the rate of fire.
The Galactus Kid

Don't forget the Geneticist O.C.C. in Rifter 50 or the Swarmlord in Rifter 51. The Splicers areticle in Rifter 50 is the largest article in the issue (I'm pretty sure the same can be said regarding the article for 51 too.
Here is a brief overview:

Rifter 50
Gardener O.C.C.
Detail of Gardener Plant Defenses
Tormentor O.C.C.
Geneticist O.C.C.
Humunculi
New Bio-Enhancements

Rifter 51:
Swarmlord O.C.C.
Swarm Insects
Metamorph O.C.C.

The Galactus Kid

Shark_Force wrote:i would think you could just list the new rate of fire, rather than the entire entry.

also, i don't think that clarifies it at all. it tells us to use that instead of the core book information, but that entry you listed doesn't have the rate of fire.

(Note: When reading the description of Flame weapons on pg. 101 of the Splicers® Role Playing Game it states in the description that flame weapons can only be used once per melee and count as an additional melee attack. Please use this listing rather than the one under the “Rate of Fire” section of their stat blocks.)

The rate of fire of the new enhancement is the same as the enhancement it is built on.

Shark_Force
Palladin

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:i would think you could just list the new rate of fire, rather than the entire entry.

(Note: When reading the description of Flame weapons on pg. 101 of the Splicers® Role Playing Game it states in the description that flame weapons can only be used once per melee and count as an additional melee attack. Please use this listing rather than the one under the “Rate of Fire” section of their stat blocks.)

The rate of fire of the new enhancement is the same as the enhancement it is built on.

ah wait. i think i get what you're saying. the problem is that when you say "this listing" it makes me think you're saying there's a listing in the information you've given (which there isn't). what you're actually saying is that of the two listings, it's the one in the description rather than the one in the ROF section (ie, the ROF section should also say "can only be used once per melee and counts as an additional melee attack")
The Galactus Kid

Shark_Force wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

ah wait. i think i get what you're saying. the problem is that when you say "this listing" it makes me think you're saying there's a listing in the information you've given (which there isn't). what you're actually saying is that of the two listings, it's the one in the description rather than the one in the ROF section (ie, the ROF section should also say "can only be used once per melee and counts as an additional melee attack")

Yes. This.

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

What is exp table
Gardener O.C.C.
Tormentor O.C.C.
Geneticist O.C.C.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid

darkguyver wrote:What is exp table
Gardener O.C.C.
Tormentor O.C.C.
Geneticist O.C.C.

Hmmm., is that not in the article? I'll see if I can dig those up.

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

From what see seen no there not.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well seen that Tormenter and Saint exp should work rest not sure about
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid

Look in the last line of each OCC description after the Upside/Downside.

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador

OMG fill likeso silly that miss that thank you
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid

No problem. I thought we had it in there because we wanted to be sure that this wasn't an issue. hahaha

Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

Has there been a revision of the Splicers main book? IE the one I have is a first edition... however I would like to get one in better shape, but if the book being sold is still first edition then I'd rather wait until I start loosing pages.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
The Galactus Kid

Slight001 wrote:Guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

Has there been a revision of the Splicers main book? IE the one I have is a first edition... however I would like to get one in better shape, but if the book being sold is still first edition then I'd rather wait until I start loosing pages.

There has not been, though I would love for there to be.

phoenixget
D-Bee
Comment: GM'ing is for suckers! (Dammit, suckered again!)

Unread post by phoenixget »

I have a question / clarification request. Not sure if should be errata or not....

The upgrades on systems: is that PER item or per type? ( ie if you have 3 casting guns do you pay 50 points PER upgrade? or 50 points total for all three)

I ask, because my group has utterly ignored the option since we're not sure, so we default to "per each" and thus the players don't see any viable ROI. (well... for the range / damage ones... the other 2 have been used once or twice I think...)
The Galactus Kid

According to the book as written, it is per item.

My group will allow those enhancements to affect certain bio-enhancements on the same body area, suche as the three super light cells on the forehead or the 5 organic rockets on the right shoulder.

Shark_Force
Palladin

hmmm... dangit. i had a long answer typed up, then realized i was answering the wrong question.

so instead, here's my (also kind of long) answer to the right question.

my personal rule of thumb: if the weapon system includes rules for essentially fire-linking stuff, or has a payload based on how many shots you purchase, you can treat it as a single weapon for the purpose of mega, omni, ultra, and super.

so, from the core book, that would include:

acid nodules
chemical sprayer
flying blades
omega blaster
organic rockets
screamer grenades
super light cell
trench foot mine

plus a few of the weapons included as standard for some war mounts (the zephyr's spore dischargers come to mind, and there's the leviathan's bio-energy cannons, the grendel's tentacle harpoons, and the behemoth's casting gun cannons).

but that's just my personal ruling. if it functions like a single weapon, i would let you upgrade it as a single weapon, unless otherwise specified (ie super light cells have a special range upgrade which costs *per cell*, so that isn't for all at once).
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'd like to know, if people with Fencing skills from other RPGs come into the Splicers dimension, would their skill also add MD to attacks with MDC swords, or is that exclusive to people who learn the skill in this dimension?

Conversely, if people from Splicers move to other dimensions, do they retain the ability to add MD to MDC swords, or is this lost per other dimensions' physics?

Wondering if we should ignore the bit entirely since it appears to be a Bellaire invention in 2004 not retained in subsequent MDC world books (2005 in RUE, 2008 in Robotech Shadow Chronicles)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shark_Force
Palladin

so far as i can tell, fencing just adds 1d6 damage, of an unspecified nature, in every setting. my general assumption is that the damage is appropriate to the sword, because it's about proper technique as opposed to swinging harder; if i manage to get a more solid hit on you because of my superior training, it's going to make the sword hit more effectively regardless of whether that's a rune sword, a TW sword, a regular sword, or an acid-lined sword-shaped bio-weapon.

so not only would splicers characters take that elsewhere, as far as i'm concerned rifts and robotech characters already have it.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Quick question, should gorehounds have the skill tracking?
The Galactus Kid

boxee wrote:Quick question, should gorehounds have the skill tracking?

I would say not off the bat, but they can get the equivalent using bio-enhancements or the optional rules in Rifter #59

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Shark_Force wrote:so far as i can tell, fencing just adds 1d6 damage, of an unspecified nature, in every setting. my general assumption is that the damage is appropriate to the sword, because it's about proper technique as opposed to swinging harder; if i manage to get a more solid hit on you because of my superior training, it's going to make the sword hit more effectively regardless of whether that's a rune sword, a TW sword, a regular sword, or an acid-lined sword-shaped bio-weapon.

so not only would splicers characters take that elsewhere, as far as i'm concerned rifts and robotech characters already have it.

Some hand to hand skills also provide damage bonuses, as do things like WP skills, horsemanship.

Part of the problem is that none of these, or fencing, specify whether it's actually from better placement of hit, or whether it's just from added speed.

Fencing lets people lunge better, do smoother and quicker hits, so it's effectively just added force like PS or super-speed add to damage, IMO.

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Has this artwork been featured in a Rifter or something? Do you think the art or stats might be packaged together for a Rifter release in the future?
The Galactus Kid wrote:this can now be found in Rifter #59

Awesome, want to see it!

How does it balance against the original class? Are there downsides? Or is this just a blanket upgrade to the previous class like with what Rifts Ultimate Edition did to its Scholars and Adventurers and Shifter/LLW ?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shark_Force
Palladin

Tor wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Has this artwork been featured in a Rifter or something? Do you think the art or stats might be packaged together for a Rifter release in the future?
The Galactus Kid wrote:this can now be found in Rifter #59

Awesome, want to see it!

How does it balance against the original class? Are there downsides? Or is this just a blanket upgrade to the previous class like with what Rifts Ultimate Edition did to its Scholars and Adventurers and Shifter/LLW ?

a better word than "upgraded" might have been "higher-ranking" or "veteran" from what i've seen of it elsewhere on the site.

as in any packmaster can potentially earn the right to the better armour, but it isn't something that is just given out to every packmaster; you have to prove yourself, and by default packmasters just have the regular armour. if you demonstrate that you're worth the increased resource cost of the better armour, it can be given to you as a reward for being exceptionally awesome.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Character sheets.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The Rifter adventure is listed as being canon.
Yet it references back to unofficial material only found in Rifter 0.
Reprinting or otherwise making that now-canonized material available would be helpful, as would an explanation of what, if anything, else from that article is now to be considered canon.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kh_hawkes
D-Bee

Unread post by kh_hawkes »

Ok. So I was looking over a bunch of weapons and bio systems and the swarm Lord jumped out at me the most. The bugs only do the damage once a Melee? Or is that once an action? Just to clarify on it because so many things say once a melee it does 3d4 +10 or some other dice roll per melee. So once every fifteen seconds correct? Not a typo.

Return to “Splicers®”