What Race or RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragonfett
Knight

What Race or RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

Unread post by dragonfett »

This came up in other topic so I figured to start a new thread for it. So, as the topic asks, What Race/RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

This is what I would like to see:
Elf
Grackle Tooth

And this is what I would like to see for a supporting cast:
Quick Flex Alien
Blind Warrior Woman
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
dragonfett
Knight

Re: What Race or RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

Anyone, anyone?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Failgoat
Explorer
Comment: caressing the downfall..outstretched arms on your knees crawl. filthy and feeling low, dancing in the undertow...

Unread post by Failgoat »

dragonfett wrote:This came up in other topic so I figured to start a new thread for it. So, as the topic asks, What Race/RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

This is what I would like to see:
Elf
Grackle Tooth

And this is what I would like to see for a supporting cast:
Quick Flex Alien
Blind Warrior Woman

i personally wouldnt want to see an elf, way too played out. grackle tooth would be decent hope the cg is well developed tho.

escaped blind warrior woman would be hot!

i think, for at least a first movie that intents to introduce Rifts to a wide variety of people (if that is at all possible) it would be important to have human in a main cast capacity. helps more viewers relate to the horrors of whats happening.
still waiting for another tale from alrik vas....
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

um, dog boy.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Dog boys, Psi-Stalkers, and THE MIGHTY GRACKLE TOOTH /rawr/
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

dead boys dog boys and psi stalkers may be a mind melter from psi corps (I'd love Baxter from B-5 to play him)
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

human
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

HUMAN from early 21th Centry Earth RIFTED to Rifts Earth by accident. (our Point-of-View character)

DBee Village, including a number of Races. Elf, Dwarf, Grackletooth. Brodkil Giant with a bionic arm/eye. The village is a place where our Point-Of-View character can learn about the world in real time, with us learning that these Strange Rifts open up and suck people from various worlds and dimensions randomly. That the world have Magic, Psionics, and Technology can be seen here. POV Character witnesses Magic being cast, get himself heal by a Psychic (minor injury of course), and sees actual Cybernetics/bionics on various villagers for injuries magic or psionics could not heal fully.

From there the POV can encounter the CS as a friendly force to him or as an enemy out to kill all DBees even the POV character as the Dogboys sense his "wrongness". meaning he is a DBees Human from the rifts, even he is an alien to be feared by the CS mentality.

At this point the POV character could go several ways. He might be injuried and forced to get Bionics. He might manifest Psychic Powers of some kind (Mind Melter or Burster). He might find a place to learn Magic (Ley Line Walker or Mystic). He could use his Early 21 knowledge or skills to become a doctor, Operator, Scholar, whatever he did in early 21st centry life on Rifts Earth now, or if young enough become a Merc Soldier, Cyber-Knight, Robot Pilot, etc..
Who Knows...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I would like to see a Juicer as a main character, but not a POV character.

Failgoat wrote:i personally wouldnt want to see an elf, way too played out.

On this I agree, keep away from the more classic fantasy races..... Unless you take them really out of sorts..... OH! Like having the Elf ALSO be the Juicer.....

I would also like to see one of the characters as Shemarrian, or some other Archie Minion. But not as a central plot point. Just something hinted at in the film, as a set up for another film, or a spin off Novel/Comic/TV series. Maybe not having it revealed till after the credits...
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Definitly a dragon since they can shape change to any other race ;-).
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I dont have a problem with Tolkeinesqe races as such, but they been overused in movies and games lately. I think to capture the true spirit of Rifts you should have some of its unique races, Brodkil come to mind immediately.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
dragonfett
Knight

If there are Brodkil in the movie, they have to be done right and come in at the proper height of about nine feet tall.

However, I really don't see a Brodkil as part of the main cast, or even as a main enemy.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Xavier72 wrote:Nearly any Psychic RCC's, Psi-Stalkers in particular; a dragon would be fun, perhaps as a minor cameo. I'd keep the focus on the racial concepts more unique to the Rifts world, however. Dragons have been done like crazy, and as cool as the Xitixix would be, we've seen bug films.

Though what if it was dragon vs robot/power armor?
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer.

That's three, right? ^_^ Man, I've got to finally get that down in a drawing sometime soon; my tablet's become irritated with me! o_o

-Boe.
dragonfett
Knight

Boethermsbrukan wrote:Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer.

That's three, right? ^_^ Man, I've got to finally get that down in a drawing sometime soon; my tablet's become irritated with me! o_o

-Boe.

I thought that Wolfen were not compatible with the Juicer process...
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

dragonfett wrote:
Boethermsbrukan wrote:Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer.

-Boe.

I thought that Wolfen were not compatible with the Juicer process...

Dragonfett, good evening!

That seemed to be the consensus for quite some time (humans/human-relation races only); however, a number of exceptions were added in World Book 10: Juicer Uprising. Just a sec; pulling my copy off the nearly shelf...there. Page 17: '...Los Alamo & Kingsdale have developed a combination of chemicals that will successfully transform Wolfen and other canines like the Coyle and Kankoran into Juicers...' A sentence or two along mentions that those same groups have also made Wolfen/Coyle/Kankoran Hyperion (ultra-reflex/speed specializations) and Titan Juicers.

Although I have yet to encounter a Wolfen Juicer in play, much less play one myself, I'm kind of fond of the idea of a Wolfen Titan Juicer.

-Boe.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

I would love to see a temporal raider and his crew of t-warriors and t-wizards . Working basicly for themselves not a good or bad guy side type deal, kinda like the 3rd party operators running parallel to the main good and bad sides of what ever the heck the plot would be.

Return to “Rifts® Movie”