Quick Update August 13, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

At the moment, I’m sitting here at Palladium, alone.

Julius is dropping off mail order at the Post Office.

Alex is running an errand.

Wayne has run out to the printer to drop off a check and pick up our short run of Rifts® Anvil Galaxy, Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Sedition, Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Coalition Overkill, and the 100 advanced copies of Rifts® Black Market. He should be back in an hour. Rifts® Mystic Russia will be available tomorrow.

It has been another hectic day and this is the first quiet moment I've had in the last 8 hours.

I started writing this Murmur around 10:30 this morning when Wayne came in and needed some assistance. Then the printer called about the availability of the aforementioned reprints. Took a 15 minute lunch break, then I had to answer one phone call after another – several emails too about setting up meetings for Gen Con and taking care of business. After that, I got side-tracked framing prints for sale at Gen Con. Then I had a long, exciting call about one of our behind the scenes projects, followed by a quick conversation with Alex and Julius and another telephone correspondence and a few more emails.

Whew. I’ve been so busy, I’m only getting back to writing this Update now, around 4:15 PM. I still have not conducted any of my necessary errands today, and haven’t even fed the birds this morning! Err . . . afternoon.

Chuck Walton is on his way over to pick up a check and some original artwork to take to Gen Con.

In between all this, I’m trying to keeping books in development by assigning out more artwork. I still need to send more work to Nick Bradshaw, Mike Wilson and Kent Burles.

Not enough hours in the day. At least the Gen Con display is finished and looks great. Everything else seems to be moving along nicely as well.

Online Sales over the weekend started out very strong, then took a dive on Saturday before swinging back up a bit Sunday night. Overall, sales ended so-so, but better than I had feared.

I’m so looking forward to Gen Con and hope to see a lot of Palladium fans. The event is a ton of work, especially for me, but always a blast and well worth the trip. Tomorrow we pick up the truck and load it up. Wednesday we're off for Indianapolis.

More tomorrow. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright August 13, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechan
oids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”