Monday Mini-Report, August 6, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I actually took Sunday off. It was the first time in months that I didn’t even stop by the office to check email or anything. I slept in on Sunday till 9:00 AM. Couldn’t believe I slept that late. (I usually get up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM.)

Kathy and I went and saw Batman and loved it. I thought the story was excellent. I had heard how it was uneven and slow in spots, but it kept my interest. I mean it was a darker story than The Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man (also excellent movies), but Batman “is” a darker character and story. Heck, I even teared up at the end, even though the ending had been telegraphed at the very beginning of the movie.

Afterward, Kathy and I grabbed lunch at Applebees, ran some errands and got caught up on some TV shows on the DVR. It was nice to have a lazy day and relax. Something I haven’t done in a long time. Gonna try to get back to working only 8 hours on Saturdays and take Sundays off on a regular basis.

Rifts® Black Market is done and sent to the printer. I’ve already spoken to the printer this morning and they’ve put it into production on their end. I should see proofs in a day or two and get a ship date by the end the week. However, as I speculated, while we should be able to have 100 copies at Gen Con, we will not be able to ship till after we get back.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... arket.html

We sold out of Rifts® Anvil Galaxy today. Sending it in for a quick short printing this morning. It will be back in stock by next Monday.

I’ve done the same for Rifts® Coalition Wars® One: Sedition and Rifts® Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™. They’ll also be back in print by next Monday.

I’m going to spend today and tomorrow working on getting a new 2012 Catalog to the printer. Then I’m going to do a quick edit of Irvin Jackson’s Robotech® Genesis Pits™ (I can usually zoom through his writing) so I can assign out the rest of the artwork for it before I leave for Gen Con®. That way we can get a head start on the “approval process” with Harmony Gold. I hope to divide my time on it and Rifts Vampire Sourcebook™.

When I get back from Gen Con. We bang out one book after the other.
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook
- Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
- Northern Gun™ One
- Northern Gun™ Two
- The Rifter® #60
- Megaverse® in Flames™

I’m on a mission to get all these books done and in your hand over the next four months. They are all partially done to some degree. It’s time to finish and crank them out. Gen Con first, then as sweet ol’ Aunt Petunia used to say, “It’s Clobberin’ time!”

More updates coming every morning.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, World Builder

© Copyright August 6, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”