Prizes for a con event....

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Prizes for a con event....

Unread post by jaymz »

I am running two Rifts games at my local cI am running two Rifts games at my local con. Which 3 of these seem to be the best prize for each day?

dice bag https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2539-Rifts-Dice-Bag​-Black.html

mug https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2536-Rifts-Coffee-M​ug.html

greeting cards https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2515-Greeting-Card-​Set-One-One-of-Each.html

magnet https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2535-Palladium-Magn​et-Set.html

The cheapest combo is no Mug at 21 dollars per pair (plus shipping etc). The most expensive combo is no magnets at 25 dollars (plus shipping and taxes). I figure the Mug and Dice bag are a given but the toss up is Greeting Cards or Magnets?

Since I am going to pay out of pocket for these A pair of all of them just gets a bit too much for me to justify.on. Which 3 of these seem to be the best prize for each day?

I'd PREFER to give away a copy of RUE each day as that would actually give them a copy of the game they just played but I cannot justify that kind of expense.....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Prizes for a con event....

Unread post by zyanitevp »

jaymz wrote:I am running two Rifts games at my local cI am running two Rifts games at my local con. Which 3 of these seem to be the best prize for each day?

dice bag https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2539-Rifts-Dice-Bag​-Black.html

mug https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2536-Rifts-Coffee-M​ug.html

greeting cards https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2515-Greeting-Card-​Set-One-One-of-Each.html

magnet https://palladium-store.com/10​01/product/2535-Palladium-Magn​et-Set.html

The cheapest combo is no Mug at 21 dollars per pair (plus shipping etc). The most expensive combo is no magnets at 25 dollars (plus shipping and taxes). I figure the Mug and Dice bag are a given but the toss up is Greeting Cards or Magnets?

Since I am going to pay out of pocket for these A pair of all of them just gets a bit too much for me to justify.on. Which 3 of these seem to be the best prize for each day?

I'd PREFER to give away a copy of RUE each day as that would actually give them a copy of the game they just played but I cannot justify that kind of expense.....

I vote for the cards... they are unique...
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

I'm partial to the cards as well, it also works as a way for them to spread Palladium to others.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

Jaymz you do not have to pay for swag out of pocket, I have a few items left over from the last convention that Kevin and the guys sent me that I can redistrubute to you for your con prizes as well as a few rifter titles to hand out for best played PC.

If you are interested I left my number on the face book MA board or you can get it from the MA list.
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ok dude, got it boxed and ready for shipment, but since you are one of our Nothern cousins It may take a bit to get to you.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:Ok dude, got it boxed and ready for shipment, but since you are one of our Nothern cousins It may take a bit to get to you.

Just awesome :ok: :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Agree, awesome ingexthefuryhunter1. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

It is what we as MA's should strive to do, assist each other so we each in turn can assist in spreading the word of palladium unto the uneducated masses.

:)) donations excepted in the lobby
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

One of the things Novastar does is grab cheap copies of the rulebook for a few bucks a piece, then redistributes to his players. You may want to look at used book stores and bargain bins.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:One of the things Novastar does is grab cheap copies of the rulebook for a few bucks a piece, then redistributes to his players. You may want to look at used book stores and bargain bins.

Dude I can 't even get a NEW copy let alone used copies LOL and the only used copies I can find are in crap condition and are the RMB not RUE.

\m/
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Kev & company have been pretty generous with X-mas bundles, when I've ordered multiple copies of the main book(s), too.
(I typically hit 3 conventions in a given year, so I stock up for those events)
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Novastar wrote:Kev & company have been pretty generous with X-mas bundles, when I've ordered multiple copies of the main book(s), too.

:ok: I may just do that this year. Order a couple of grab bags for that purpose (lord knows I dont NEED thebooks since I got em all :lol: )

\m/
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Well, it matters...

1) Lots of conventions have a reward system set up for GM's to hand out at the end of the game (typically, "convention bucks", which let you "buy" prizes at the prize booth (where the convention staff watch the vendor hall)). This makes it pretty easy, since everyone is expecting convention swag already, to hand out game swag as well.

2) If not #1, then I typically don't tell them I have swag, but have the book up on the table as a reference book (and let prospective buyers look at it... :wink: ). At the end of the game, I'll ask the table who they thought was the MVP, and then give the book to that person.

3) In my RIFTS: Japan Demo (sticky'd and linked in this forum), I give it to the person that correctly figures out the murder mystery.

In all three examples, I've had players elect to give someone else (typically a younger player) the book, if they already have one too.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

SDF River wrote:Wow. That's such a great idea....demo prizes. Is it always best played PC? I'm working on trying to get a demo going at my local book store, but I didn't even think of prizes for such things.

This isn;t for just a random demo at my local shop :) Typically those demos (at least the ones I have seen) don;t have prizes but demos/games done at conventions do.

\m/
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

this is correct, but if you are doing a one off like I do at times, I like to carry a couple rifters with me, as they are cheap and they work as a nice prize to wet the perspective players appetite as it covers many of the lines at once.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Ingex is DA MAN. Got the box today. 18 copies of a rifter, a signed rifter, a signed dimensional outbreak and a signed fleets of the three galaxies. Awesome. Will go over REALLY well at the con methinks. :)

\m/
Giddoen
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have faith! My character sheet says so!!!

Unread post by Giddoen »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:Jaymz you do not have to pay for swag out of pocket, I have a few items left over from the last convention that Kevin and the guys sent me that I can redistrubute to you for your con prizes as well as a few rifter titles to hand out for best played PC.

If you are interested I left my number on the face book MA board or you can get it from the MA list.

You are awesome! That was super cool! 8-)
I have faith!....My character sheet says so!!!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Giddoen wrote:
ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:Jaymz you do not have to pay for swag out of pocket, I have a few items left over from the last convention that Kevin and the guys sent me that I can redistrubute to you for your con prizes as well as a few rifter titles to hand out for best played PC.

You are awesome! That was super cool! 8-)

Yes, yes he was :)

\m/
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I love the fact that the MA's seem to be a cohesive unit of great people.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

jaymz wrote:Yes, yes he was :)

Do you mean he no longer is? :lol:
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I hope that i speak for the whole team when I say than you. We dedicate our time for all the fans of Palladium.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:
jaymz wrote:Yes, yes he was :)

Do you mean he no longer is? :lol:

Funny guy :P He STILL is but was especially so in the regard of the posts context :D

\m/
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Novastar wrote:Kev & company have been pretty generous with X-mas bundles, when I've ordered multiple copies of the main book(s), too.

I wanted to second this. I ran a couple of games at Owlcon in Houston this February so I ordered a second surprise pack and told Kev it was for prizes at a con game. He sent a ton of books and even made some nice comments in the books.

If you are looking for books to give away I recomend Rifters as they are cheap and manga sized Shadow Chronicles ($16). People were floored when I told them that they had an entire game in that one little book and the person that got it in the morning, when I saw her in the afternoon she had already purchased Macross from the dealers room.

But the single best prize was the soft cover Zeleznik art book. When Kev put that in the box I thought no one would want it, but it was the first book chosen and in the end the two people that wanted it had to roll off for it. I was surprised but everyone loved it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Warshield73 wrote:
If you are looking for books to give away I recomend Rifters as they are cheap

The only problem I have with this, and I have said as much to the MA's in charge, is that Rifters are all fine and good but to a new player who has ONLY played at a con they are next to useless as they have no frame of reference to what some of the material means (statistically or otherwise) and the fact it is almost all unofficial fan material.

\m/
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

And they can be difficult to give away, even at a Con, because of this reason.
I think Grandil is still trying to get rid of some he got two years ago...
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

the biggest issue I have found with Rifter's is that you have to average how many people are you going to show up versus how many actually do.

as for the none of them will understand or know the value, that is why the game system being played most of the time has been sent a core rule book as a main prize. This will wet there appetite and give them a goal to shoot for.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

A thin quick play booklet with some great art and stripped down rules (no need to list skills, particularly the sell explanatory ones) and pre gnned PCs would make a great Con handout.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I would hope the skills are self explanatory by title alone.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Wooly wrote:A thin quick play booklet with some great art and stripped down rules (no need to list skills, particularly the sell explanatory ones) and pre gnned PCs would make a great Con handout.

Until we have a quick play book (which I think we need for Dead Reign and Rifts at cheap soft cover and PDF) I still need prizes for upcoming cons.

I was looking over the PB store looking for prizes that I could order as part of a grab bag and then I saw it. I own them but I hadn't thought of them as prizes. The book marks. I had several friends and students, who do not play PB games, ask me about the book marks and I still did not think about them as prizes.

So, I am going to ask for a few packs of these as prizes, in addition to the manga Shadow Chronicles and soft cover Zeleznik art book. Any thoughts on this? do you think people will like them?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

War shield have you sent your con info to one of the Coordinators, So we can go through the proper motions and document every thing as has been asked of us. If so thank you if not please email one of us and we will get your request sent in.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

You know what would be an easy bit of swag for PB to produce in good quantities? Reprints of the comic pages that have occasionally appeared in the different books. I'd love to see them in a minicomic format (5.5x4.25"). Kind of the anti-Chick tract. :D

I think a minicomic version of the pages from Wormwood would be especially popular. Heck, Wormwood had enough comic pages to make two or three of them.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I will make note of this and bring this up to Wayne during our next M.A. meeting.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”