Rifts Movie Talk

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

WOOO HOOOO!!!! :D :D :D :ok:
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

mmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think there are words to discrbe how good this is.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!

That didn't even do much justice to how f-ing sweet this is. We here on the boards should come up with a new word, or new emoticons :D
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:So, this anouncement, I felt, was kind of a jip because he didn't tell us that much, but atleast we know that the Rifts won't suffer from bad merchandise.

Very likely, he is contractually obligated NOT to say anything other than what he has been cleared to say. I'd be willing to bet there's a LOT of money involved in this, as in any film, and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can make the whole thing go sour.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:Ok, everything he told us has already been said EXCEPT for how much control K.S. will have over it and the control of the Rifts merchandise. Where is the really good stuff, like who's going to be apart of this, and especially: who's going to write and direct?

I think that they should get to work on the Rifts PC game now, so it can atleast be released after the movie and have a proper amount of development time to create it.

So, this anouncement, I felt, was kind of a jip because he didn't tell us that much, but atleast we know that the Rifts won't suffer from bad merchandise.

Palladium has no control over who is going to be part of this project. Its Mr. Bruckheimers business to announce all the other particulars.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Rifts comic book... I like that idea. :ok:

Hey, if you guys (and ladies!) need a colorist when that comes about I'd love a shot at doing it... I have prior experience (and got some positive press in Overstreet's FAN)!

(Yeah, yeah, I know... but what could it hurt to go ahead and speak up now...)
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

anastas wrote:
Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:So, this anouncement, I felt, was kind of a jip because he didn't tell us that much, but atleast we know that the Rifts won't suffer from bad merchandise.

Very likely, he is contractually obligated NOT to say anything other than what he has been cleared to say. I'd be willing to bet there's a LOT of money involved in this, as in any film, and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can make the whole thing go sour.

Exactly
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Pariah

Unread post by The Pariah »

:shock:

FINALLY!!!!!

Seriously, though, the most important thing in that announcement was how much control kevin would have over the final product.

-waiting with bated breath.... :bandit:
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:If you guys can't tell us anything about it, don't tease us with a "Big Rifts Movie Announcement!" It's nice to know that K.S. has control over the various Rifts products, but if he can't tell us anything, don't bring it up! I get all excited hoping that Palladium has something important to say, but then its the samething over and over again. Recycling the same stuff over and over again will just cause us to lose interest.

So let us know when something important happens, otherwise don't say anything.

HUH? :shock: :shock: :shock:
So you feel completely justified in telling the Owner of these Boards, the owner of Rifts, the owner of Palladium that he can't share his thoughts on the movie when he feels like on his OWN boards?!?!?!? :eek: :shock:

Oh and I read between the lines on what he said by not saying some things. Things like I can't say about this or that YET means they are working on it but he is not allowed to tell what. I gleam a lot of info from phrases like that.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I still think all the moderators should get walk ons . . . .
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

There is still nothing in there that confirms the movie has moved beyond being optioned and will ACTUALLY BE MADE.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Oh yes...the time for Palladium to shine is once again upon us...
...we...the GM's of this wonderful system must step forward and help in the promotion of this movie by recruiting new players...
...it is our sole purpose in the following months to produce more potential movie-go'ers for this event...

...it is in OUR hands (and the advertisment department :D ) to ensure this creation is witnessed by maximum available viewers.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Syndicate
Adventurer

I will expect FULL cooperation on part of my fellow G.M.s. Needless to say, our influence over the masses (concerning Palladium games) is quite exceptional. Those who are unaware of the story, are not as likely to enjoy it...satisfaction in the initial presentation means a better likelyhood of seeing it again...just to try and find anything missed before. Although many of the subjects just discussed will be largely in the hands of the directors, producers, and actors (etc.) WE can play a major roll in the promotion/advertisement of this great event. :ok:
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'm sure WotC are probably not happy about Palladium getting a ovie deal, and it probably goign to be bigger and better than their Dreadful and Dull movie.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

6armdemon wrote:I will expect FULL cooperation on part of my fellow G.M.s. Needless to say, our influence over the masses (concerning Palladium games) is quite exceptional. Those who are unaware of the story, are not as likely to enjoy it...satisfaction in the initial presentation means a better likelyhood of seeing it again...just to try and find anything missed before. Although many of the subjects just discussed will be largely in the hands of the directors, producers, and actors (etc.) WE can play a major roll in the promotion/advertisement of this great event. :ok:

I guess it's time to educate the masses.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

6armdemon wrote:Oh yes...the time for Palladium to shine is once again upon us...
...we...the GM's of this wonderful system must step forward and help in the promotion of this movie by recruiting new players...
...it is our sole purpose in the following months to produce more potential movie-go'ers for this event...

...it is in OUR hands (and the advertisment department :D ) to ensure this creation is witnessed by maximum available viewers.

Um, I think promoting the movie is fine. However, I think new players will come AFTER the movie makes a big splash...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

Unread post by Midnght »

Okay I saw pirates of the caribbean.

This got me to think. I'm not knocking Jerry.

But I mean he's a producer big deal....

The real questiosn that need to be answered are.

Who's the screenplay writer?

Who's gonn'a direct the thing.

I mean producng's great but usually the two folks I listed above are the heart of the movie.

Doesn't the producer mostly just add the cash with the backing of a company? As well as getting to decide who acts and who the top two folks are and all that?

So that's what I want to know.

Jerry B. fine good but who's the director who's the screeplay writer.

Answer these and we i'll have a better idea if this flicks gonn'a rock or not.
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Syndicate
Adventurer

Hystrix wrote:
6armdemon wrote:Oh yes...the time for Palladium to shine is once again upon us...

Um, I think promoting the movie is fine. However, I think new players will come AFTER the movie makes a big splash...

True...
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifts Movie Talk

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

The only thing i want to knwo is that Leonardo Dicaprio will NOT be in it, right? And You will make magic a large part of the action, IE, invincible armors, fireballs, calling lightning, meteor (oh god i can imagine the graphics on that one) and anti magic clouds.
That is all i wish to know.
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

Dark Emperor of Cheese wrote:The only thing i want to knwo is that Leonardo Dicaprio will NOT be in it, right? And You will make magic a large part of the action, IE, invincible armors, fireballs, calling lightning, meteor (oh god i can imagine the graphics on that one) and anti magic clouds.
That is all i wish to know.

We won't know that sort of stuff until a script has been officially announced. Considering how much magic is integral to the plot of Rifts i don't see it being left out.

You can't forget the much needed mass-market appeal. Remember the great unwashed are going to be seeing this movie. So it'll probably have a plot allowing newcomers to Rifts to understand the story and like the characters.

Can't wait to get a hold of a Glitterboy figure though!
Nelly
Explorer
Comment: The German Princess

Unread post by Nelly »

I hope that it needs not that long time!!!

Cause I have to waite longer than you all! :badbad:

I am sitting in Germany and waite for the movie, and I will tell to all my friends to see that movie that you get a better result than Titanic ever had :P :lol:
Subjugator:
Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-dbath to you!
Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ch tree to you!
Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrrr-th-right dear Nelly...
Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrr-thstone to you!
Coric

Unread post by Coric »

I think that it would be very interesting as a intro if something like this happened:

Erin Tarn is the narrator. Slowly her form comes into focus from blackness. She begins to speak giving the audience an intro to the rifts world. as the speaks of each continent or country briefly...

Her form fades back to blackness (she's still talking) a current map of rifts earth comes into view. As Erin talks about each counrty the camera zooms into the continent and a short clip of the atrocities, beings living there, major places and people are shown in glimpses.

I think that Erin may want to speak on the topics of recent battles and major events, the peace and events of Chaos earth and other things. it would also be interesting to see alien craft orbiting earth, or other planets. the cosmic forge with some cosmo knights would also be interesting.

any hoo this would make an interesting intro and may give the non rifting audience a chance to get a lot of background info in a short amount of time.

thanks for your time, Coric :shock: :D - gotta love the faces

"you know what they told me when i jouined the army? You'll see foreign countries, things you wouldn't imagine. NOW look at me!" - a scout readying for battle.
"you know kid, i wouldn't stand near the head of that thing, or near its tail... for that matter i wouldn't stand anywhere near it. I'd RUN!" - old s/mage
Godfodder

Unread post by Godfodder »

Congrats to Kevin and Palladium! Kevin, if your readingthis, you and your crew deserve this opportuinty, and considering who is producing the movie, I would think that a bit if vindication for all your hard work will come to fruition. I just sent an email out to everyone in my group on the good news. Myself and the Circle of Steel are excited, best wishes!
SeanPaul

Unread post by SeanPaul »

Coric wrote:I think that it would be very interesting as a intro if something like this happened:

Erin Tarn is the narrator. Slowly her form comes into focus from blackness. She begins to speak giving the audience an intro to the rifts world. as the speaks of each continent or country briefly...

Her form fades back to blackness (she's still talking) a current map of rifts earth comes into view. As Erin talks about each counrty the camera zooms into the continent and a short clip of the atrocities, beings living there, major places and people are shown in glimpses.

I think that Erin may want to speak on the topics of recent battles and major events, the peace and events of Chaos earth and other things. it would also be interesting to see alien craft orbiting earth, or other planets. the cosmic forge with some cosmo knights would also be interesting.

any hoo this would make an interesting intro and may give the non rifting audience a chance to get a lot of background info in a short amount of time.- old s/mage

Kinda like how they had Galadriel give half of the Silmarilion in the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring? I would have to imagine that the movie will take place on the North American continent, so they'd probably narrow it down alot, but that would be a good start to the flick. (I would want to see at least a clip of demon-filled China, though.)

Spud
potatomancer
renfield

Unread post by renfield »

Eeeennnteresting. A Rifts movie....hrm. Hopefully it will actually materialize, unlike
the Aliens Vs Predator Movie which was completed, but never release.
Jerry Bruckheimer? Yes!
Disney? No!! Can we say "mighty morphine dead boys"? *sigh*
Granted it was a great Combo for Pirates of the Caribbean, but not for Rifts.
Rifts is so ultra-violent that it'd have to be dumbed down so much it'd be silly.
Possible Directors: Ridley Scott would IMHO be the best Choice. He's got a great sense of
EPIC in movies. On the other hand, John Woo could defiantley bring a strong sense of
stlye and grace too the film, or even Ang Lee for the Wuxia feel!
Though I don't really see Jerry B. working much with Wire-Fu. Though disney might dig it.
"Crunchy Dead Boy, Leaping Great Horned Dragon" anyone?... :lol:
Trying to cast Actors is night useless until we get a strong sense of what the plot is going to
evolve around. I'd have to say it should probably have a LOT to do with the Coalition since
CS has always been the most permeating prescence on Rifts Earth.
I'd kinda like to see them take the ideas from the Novels and tweak them around for the movie.
Lots of Good characters that with some development and tweaking could work out very well.
Not to mention with a three book series it could easily lead into a string of Sequels if done well
enough. And not to mention I can easily See Johnny Depp in the role of Delwin Moonbeam,
especially after his "Pirates" performance. Though I thank Matt Lillard might be better as far as appearance (Shaggy from the live-action Scooby).
As far as actors, granted there are some folks that might do good in the part and some older
actors that should play the older roles. But I'd like to see a lot of new faces too and not just
more pretty boys and pretty girls, but some human-looking actors with actual talent and who
could actually get into the role.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this developes as one of my personal goals in life
is to get into Film-making. Possibly by specializing in making films from/based-on various
RPG's, though so far I yet to see an RPG well-translated to the big-screen. Someday I hope
to change that.
And yes I too pray they keep leonardo DiCrappio out of it.
But if they DO use the books, or part of them. I'd love ot see a Mel Gibson/Russel Crowe team up as the Lieutenants. Maybe get Sonny Chiba to play Zenjori Suka... :D
Syndicate
Adventurer

I don't think anyone will actually ever get the REAL feel of Rifts on-screen except for mister "K" himself. But of course that can't be...not yeah... :D
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

Sqanch wrote:Wow I've been out of circulation too long. A rifts movie... What is the world coming to? Does this finally mean that all of the years enduring ridicule from the non-RPG playing masses, have finally ended? Am I finally in the mainstream? Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Seriously though, this is so cool! I may break out my books and start playing again.

You've been out of the loop? what about us U.S. Soldiers who have been in Iraq and Afgan for 8-15 months? We really have been out of circulation.

As for playing again, I've just ordered a ton of new books that have been out for the past 2 years (Told ya I've been out of circulation :-( ) But my players have been given the warning :)

Anyone who wishes to contact me via e-mail, e-mail me at ejpennine@yahoo.com and give a few words for the men and women fighting to make this movie reality. Where do you think this nuclear explosion is gonna start? Here in Iraq (We're just weeding the people out for emperor Siem...er I mean Prosek)

-War's Right hand man
-Famine's and a fallen angel's love child.
"The forces of the apacolypes flow within me."

It is said that god will forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.
-one of many signs around the post

Operation
Don't **** with
Pestilence
brotherfury

Unread post by brotherfury »

:eek: Holy good gravy!!!!!!! this is amazing! how great is this!? I am not freaking out cuz i'm a sci-fi geek or anything, it's just I have always loved Rifts... played for many a year, but sadly now here in Des Moines, i cannot find any body who plays. It's card floppers and wargamers as far as i can tell. (not that there is anyting wrong with that) :lol:

The first thing i though of when i saw this was... ahhhhhhhh legions of Deadboys and Samas' destryoing everything... gods i love the Coalition! That was the main thing that had me excited by the prospect of the mini battle game that whoseewhatsit was working on. I would have loved to field units of deadboys, skelebots, samas', and a nice shiny glitterboy killer! heh heh heh oops anyway... hopefully since thier is no wargame, i can see that kind of action on a grand scale on the big screen.

Brotherfury
:?
Syndicate
Adventurer

Of course Palladium is taking a risk in the production of this movie (look what happened with TMNT). Rifts is so diverse that it's hard to actually get anything "wrong" in the movie as far as the fans are concerned. We will all have our fair share of gripes with the movie (we all have slightly different views as to the image of Rifts Earth/Phase World). It's important to remember that more than likely, the directors will go for a "public appeal" and all but forego the traditional Rifts setting. And I mean "traditional" in the overall sense that Rifts is "high-powered" and "munchkin", which is a Godsend to me (don't care much for the constant reticule of other gamers calling me super-uber). If you're looking for a movie that will display a Cosmo-Knight flying through a sun, creating a chain reaction that will ultimately lead to a supernova, in order to destroy some Dominator that can't be killed any other way...well...you MAY be disappointed.

...actually...that sounds kinda cool... :D
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

6armdemon wrote:Of course Palladium is taking a risk in the production of this movie (look what happened with TMNT). Rifts is so diverse that it's hard to actually get anything "wrong" in the movie as far as the fans are concerned. We will all have our fair share of gripes with the movie (we all have slightly different views as to the image of Rifts Earth/Phase World). It's important to remember that more than likely, the directors will go for a "public appeal" and all but forego the traditional Rifts setting. And I mean "traditional" in the overall sense that Rifts is "high-powered" and "munchkin", which is a Godsend to me (don't care much for the constant reticule of other gamers calling me super-uber). If you're looking for a movie that will display a Cosmo-Knight flying through a sun, creating a chain reaction that will ultimately lead to a supernova, in order to destroy some Dominator that can't be killed any other way...well...you MAY be disappointed.

...actually...that sounds kinda cool... :D

I don't think they are taking any real risk, since they arn't actually investing any money into it. Even if it flops, people will likely forget about it. Unless it flops bigtime then it will be made fun of for years to come, then, they may have a problem.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Togashi Johnathan wrote:
Second, as long as the movie has a glitterboy in it, i'll be happy

Nah, Id sooner have the scene hinted at in CWC, an IAR-3 Skull Smasher going tooth and nail with a Great Horned Dragon( preferably Star Wars quality CGI)

Now that would rock!

But I only have one suggestion for the production of the movie. Could you imagine.....

IMAX!!!
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

IMAX theatrical releases tend to cost way more than a standard movie. Tack on about $5 to whatever your local theatre charges. At Chicago's Navy Pier IMAX theatre, a major movie costs $14.50. If the film does extraordinarily well, then I could see this after the first run is up, much like what happened with the last two Star Wars films.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Mike Taylor wrote:IMAX theatrical releases tend to cost way more than a standard movie. Tack on about $5 to whatever your local theatre charges. At Chicago's Navy Pier IMAX theatre, a major movie costs $14.50. If the film does extraordinarily well, then I could see this after the first run is up, much like what happened with the last two Star Wars films.

Yeah, it would cost a little more, but wouldn't you pay the little extra to see it on the really big screen?
I know I would, provided it doesn't turn into another hollywood lisence butcherjob :fl:
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
Syndicate
Adventurer

NatJester wrote:I think the IMAX theatres idea is probably not a profitable one. I know WE are all excited to see this movie, and despite all of our varied ideas about what should be or shouldn't be in the movie...more than likely we will all still like it. Afterall, we are fans, right? However, when making a motion picture, you do not do so to appeal to the people you know already are going to see it, there money is guaranteed...its the rest of the world you want to make sure is impressed. Granted, you don't want to **** the fans off, but realize that no matter what your end result, fans are going to have some disappointment no matter what. They are so set in what they want, and every fan wants something different. Its basically impossible to make a 'movie for the fans' because of this. So instead you strive for the audience that has no idea and has no biases...thats where the money is made.

...true...
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

movie movie movie

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

Great and congratulation on the deal with Nokia. Yes were greedy and want even more. Holding off buying my next cell phone till 2005 (come on hold out till then). PC version maybe in the pipe line I hope later? Can't wait for the next bit of good news from you KS. Your on the right track, keep going for all our sakes. Uh! Make sure there is a Cool or rather Hot Burster in the movie. :D Nothing like a burster to take the chill out of the air! or to warm someone up.
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
MrTwist
Hero

Rifts Movie

Unread post by MrTwist »

IF I envisioned a Rifts movie it would go as follows;

A CS soldier in the midst of a battle with D-Bees. He becomes a hero. the icon of the battle. He has a girlfriend, who is discovered to have magic potential. She is captured, and he(because of his distinction in battle) is the senior officer to decide her fate. He questions his place in the CS and starts to listen to the citizens who offer other opinions on the morality of the CS.

He goes against his training on a mission(maybe a sweep & destroy against an unarmed village) and becomes suspect. After this he is relegated to an outpost. He is exposed to elements that suggest his girl is still alive, and someone with the knowledge on how this all came to be(in twenty minutes the setting becoms apparent. Maybe a half hour into the movie).

From there he attempts to go against commmand, and is exiled to the wilderness that is Rifts Earth. He shacks up with an agricultural community, and teaches them to defend themselves. They defend themselves from CS invasion, and from a prisoner he learns his girl is still alive.

He enlists the help of a mage who helps him enter the compound. His escape and her release depends on the mage who tipped him off in the first place.

I believe that for a movie, Rifts is better off told from a CS standpoint. Humanity has one last hope, and that is the CS. The ideal is true and pure, but the delivery leaves much to be desired.
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

I am thinking a three year wait b4 anything gets released.....

dum dee dum...

tiddling my thumbs......

Hold my breath????? nah

BTW I loved the Dungeons & Dragons movie, it was a good start as I am looking to promote a follow up movie.....

but then again I am not a lord of the rings fan either, I could just kill Frodo in those movie's....
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

Bravery and stupidity are hard to tell apart, I'll go for "Brave"....cos "the new name for stupidity is Ridley!, this is the Ridleyest thing I have ever heard!" Snails DnD movie....

I EVEN OWN IT! on DVD I did get it for $10NZD ($5.50 USD)
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

did u ever play DnD if not i can see why u thought it was ok.

i remember watching it thinking what the heck are beholders that stupid ich i cant believe i spent 7 bucks to see this garbage.

now had some one else paid my ticket i probly would not dislike as much as do but hey i did like snails he was the only character that made sence
the main character was a whinei bard, i swear had no thieving ability infact no skill what so ever and a wisdom of 6 if not worse
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

yeah I play D&D,yeah 1st 2nd and 3rd editions I even have the D&D not advanced edition ie Hollow world...

yeah well Ridley wisdom was 11 actually, got the character sheets with the DVD....lol and he is a Sorceror/Rogue(well at the end he is anyway)

but none the less it was a great movie..
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

Yea! A Sinder one would be Great. You have my perrmission for it.
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

He is heavily involved.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

Ok heavily involved, buthow "heavily" involved
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Im just looking forward to the movie period. Only question i have about it is what is gonna be the title of the movie? Rifts? i know its too early for the answer but still........I hope they have something about Larsen's Brigade though, even though they probly won't :cry: and if they do have toys, model, comics, etc. im hope they have a juicer model. I have always thought they looked so cool in the plate mail armor. :thwak: btw i think the violent smiley is cool too
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Just go to the Palladium Books catalog section of the web site. There are three Rifts novels.

Regards,

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Christoph wrote:So we know that Disney has somthing to do with it forgot if it was licencing or publising. And the Director of the King Aurthur movie is Directing it. So who IS writing it and who is the producer. When these questions are awnserd then the rest should flow pretty quickly.

No director has been announced, David Franzoni is writing it and Disney is distributing it. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Maryann wrote:
Christoph wrote:So we know that Disney has somthing to do with it forgot if it was licencing or publising. And the Director of the King Aurthur movie is Directing it. So who IS writing it and who is the producer. When these questions are awnserd then the rest should flow pretty quickly.

No director has been announced, David Franzoni is writing it and Disney is distributing it. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

I could direct it, I'm a theatre minor... and took both directing classes offered at this college.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

..... can I buy my ticket really really really really really in advance? :D
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

All I got to say is that if the movie is at least better than than D&D then it deserves a series of sequals...everyone wants to see so much, there's really no way they can capture all of the crazy and awesome stuff on Rifts Earth in only one movie!

...and Disney better get out of the way when the Blood Buckets are flying, this ain't gonna be no squishy kids movie...although children could be in it...they could be...eaten by monsters in it.... :D
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

-_- You're quite disturbing you know that.... then again... I think I'd like to see the kids eat the monsters... cause the kids are the monsters and the monsters are just really ugly D-Bees... now THAT'd throw some people off.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

"MEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWW"

Return to “Rifts® Movie”