Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Knight

This came up in other topic so I figured to start a new thread for it. So, as the topic asks, What Race/RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

This is what I would like to see:
Elf
Grackle Tooth

And this is what I would like to see for a supporting cast:
Quick Flex Alien
Blind Warrior Woman

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 am

Knight

Anyone, anyone?

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Explorer

Comment: caressing the downfall..outstretched arms on your knees crawl. filthy and feeling low, dancing in the undertow...
dragonfett wrote:
This came up in other topic so I figured to start a new thread for it. So, as the topic asks, What Race/RCC would you like to see in a main cast?

This is what I would like to see:
Elf
Grackle Tooth

And this is what I would like to see for a supporting cast:
Quick Flex Alien
Blind Warrior Woman

i personally wouldnt want to see an elf, way too played out. grackle tooth would be decent hope the cg is well developed tho.

escaped blind warrior woman would be hot!

i think, for at least a first movie that intents to introduce Rifts to a wide variety of people (if that is at all possible) it would be important to have human in a main cast capacity. helps more viewers relate to the horrors of whats happening.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
um, dog boy.

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Adventurer

Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.
Dog boys, Psi-Stalkers, and THE MIGHTY GRACKLE TOOTH /rawr/

Mack wrote:
Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Champion

Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?
dead boys dog boys and psi stalkers may be a mind melter from psi corps (I'd love Baxter from B-5 to play him)

I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Champion

human

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Explorer

How about the Splugorth, I'd like to see them and their blind warrior women.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:55 pm

D-Bee

Psi-ghost, hands down.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:12 am

D-Bee

Nearly any Psychic RCC's, Psi-Stalkers in particular; a dragon would be fun, perhaps as a minor cameo. I'd keep the focus on the racial concepts more unique to the Rifts world, however. Dragons have been done like crazy, and as cool as the Xitixix would be, we've seen bug films.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Knight

HUMAN from early 21th Centry Earth RIFTED to Rifts Earth by accident. (our Point-of-View character)

DBee Village, including a number of Races. Elf, Dwarf, Grackletooth. Brodkil Giant with a bionic arm/eye. The village is a place where our Point-Of-View character can learn about the world in real time, with us learning that these Strange Rifts open up and suck people from various worlds and dimensions randomly. That the world have Magic, Psionics, and Technology can be seen here. POV Character witnesses Magic being cast, get himself heal by a Psychic (minor injury of course), and sees actual Cybernetics/bionics on various villagers for injuries magic or psionics could not heal fully.

From there the POV can encounter the CS as a friendly force to him or as an enemy out to kill all DBees even the POV character as the Dogboys sense his "wrongness". meaning he is a DBees Human from the rifts, even he is an alien to be feared by the CS mentality.

At this point the POV character could go several ways. He might be injuried and forced to get Bionics. He might manifest Psychic Powers of some kind (Mind Melter or Burster). He might find a place to learn Magic (Ley Line Walker or Mystic). He could use his Early 21 knowledge or skills to become a doctor, Operator, Scholar, whatever he did in early 21st centry life on Rifts Earth now, or if young enough become a Merc Soldier, Cyber-Knight, Robot Pilot, etc..
Who Knows...

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

I would like to see a Juicer as a main character, but not a POV character.

Failgoat wrote:
i personally wouldnt want to see an elf, way too played out.

On this I agree, keep away from the more classic fantasy races..... Unless you take them really out of sorts..... OH! Like having the Elf ALSO be the Juicer.....

I would also like to see one of the characters as Shemarrian, or some other Archie Minion. But not as a central plot point. Just something hinted at in the film, as a set up for another film, or a spin off Novel/Comic/TV series. Maybe not having it revealed till after the credits...

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am

Hero

Definitly a dragon since they can shape change to any other race ;-).

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Hero

Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!
I dont have a problem with Tolkeinesqe races as such, but they been overused in movies and games lately. I think to capture the true spirit of Rifts you should have some of its unique races, Brodkil come to mind immediately.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Knight

If there are Brodkil in the movie, they have to be done right and come in at the proper height of about nine feet tall.

However, I really don't see a Brodkil as part of the main cast, or even as a main enemy.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Palladin

Xavier72 wrote:
Nearly any Psychic RCC's, Psi-Stalkers in particular; a dragon would be fun, perhaps as a minor cameo. I'd keep the focus on the racial concepts more unique to the Rifts world, however. Dragons have been done like crazy, and as cool as the Xitixix would be, we've seen bug films.

Though what if it was dragon vs robot/power armor?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Explorer

Comment: Defiling Heir
Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer. Wolfen Titan Juicer.

That's three, right? ^_^ Man, I've got to finally get that down in a drawing sometime soon; my tablet's become irritated with me! o_o

-Boe.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Knight

Boethermsbrukan wrote:

That's three, right? ^_^ Man, I've got to finally get that down in a drawing sometime soon; my tablet's become irritated with me! o_o

-Boe.

I thought that Wolfen were not compatible with the Juicer process...

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Explorer

Comment: Defiling Heir
dragonfett wrote:
Boethermsbrukan wrote:

-Boe.

I thought that Wolfen were not compatible with the Juicer process...

Dragonfett, good evening!

That seemed to be the consensus for quite some time (humans/human-relation races only); however, a number of exceptions were added in World Book 10: Juicer Uprising. Just a sec; pulling my copy off the nearly shelf...there. Page 17: '...Los Alamo & Kingsdale have developed a combination of chemicals that will successfully transform Wolfen and other canines like the Coyle and Kankoran into Juicers...' A sentence or two along mentions that those same groups have also made Wolfen/Coyle/Kankoran Hyperion (ultra-reflex/speed specializations) and Titan Juicers.

Although I have yet to encounter a Wolfen Juicer in play, much less play one myself, I'm kind of fond of the idea of a Wolfen Titan Juicer.

-Boe.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Champion

I would love to see a temporal raider and his crew of t-warriors and t-wizards . Working basicly for themselves not a good or bad guy side type deal, kinda like the 3rd party operators running parallel to the main good and bad sides of what ever the heck the plot would be.