Which Rifts SUB-SETTING Movie would you most like to see?

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which Rifts™ SUB-SETTING/BOOK would you most like to see made into a Movie?

Madhaven (White Rose, Obelisk, Mutants, Insanity, etc.)
7%
South America 1 and 2 (Arkhons, Ley Line Guardians, Amazons, etc.)
4%
Russia (Mystic)
No votes
Russia (Warlords)
4%
Dinosaur Swamp (Time Holes, city of Char, Steeltree Weapons, etc.)
No votes
New West (Gunslingers, Worm Wraiths, etc.)
21%
Spirit West (Native Americans, Indian Gods, etc.
No votes
Psyscape (Nxla, Psynex)
No votes
The Vampire Kingdoms (Reid's Rangers)
4%
England (Zazshan, New Camelot)
No votes
Atlantis (Splugorth)
7%
Mindwerks (Psynetic devices, Angel of Death/Vengeance, etc.)
No votes
Triax 1 and 2 (Gargoyles, Brodkil, Angel of Death, etc.)
No votes
Skraypers (Tarlok, Talus, HU-style super-powers, etc.)
No votes
Phase World/Three Galaxies (Promethians, Phase Weapons, Thraxus, etc.)
11%
Japan (Oni, Cyberai, etc.)
No votes
Wormwood (the Unholy, the Apok, etc.)
4%
Free Quebec
7%
Hades/Dyval (Lictalon, Modeus, Sahtalus, etc.)
No votes
Africa (the Four Horsemen, Rama-Set, etc.)
No votes
Chaos Earth (Chaos Demons, Chaos Magic, early NEMA, etc.)
11%
Sourcebook One (A.R.C.H.I.E. Three; the Republicans, Shemarrians)
4%
Underseas (Lemurians, New Navy, Naut'Yll, Lord of the Deep, etc.)
No votes
MercTown
7%
Lone Star (Desmond Bradford, Lone Star Complex, Pecos Raiders, etc.)
7%
Australia (Tikilik, Rainbow Serpent, ARCHIE 7/Perth, etc.)
No votes
Federation of Magic (Stormspire, Dweomer, New Lazlo)
No votes
Canada (Calgary Rift, Toronto)
No votes
Free Quebec
No votes
Xiticix Invasion
No votes
Mechanoid Invasion (ARCHIE; Hagan)
4%
Mystic China (the Yama Hells; the Celestial Court)
No votes
SOME OTHER RIFTS BOOK THAT CORN FORGOT TO LIST (specify which)
No votes

Total votes: 28

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Which Rifts SUB-SETTING Movie would you most like to see?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

The SCENARIO: You are Kevin Siembieda himself.

If you had to make a Movie that was NOT going to be called "Rifts," and focused on ONLY one of the settings of the Rifts™ RPG, which one area/World Book would you choose and why??

My Pick:

Madhaven.
DEFINITELY Madhaven.

My movie would be rated "R," and it would be a story set a few decades back (maybe P.A. 75-80) about a large squad of the Coalition's very best men being sent to investigate, and later crash-land in, the Manhattan Ruins.
Not only would the men have to fight off Mutants and Entities and Insane Hermits, but the place would also start getting to them individually and turn good friends into mortal enemies.

Think of it as an action-packed movie that is a cross between "Aliens" and "Event Horizon" and "Dead Space."

And at the end of the movie, the LONE survivor, having made it out of the Zone with his sanity shattered, is being kept for observation. In the course of being transported back, though, he sneezes and coughs on several of his fellow troops, ending the film on a very uncertain note.

Guess what Entity-possessed person he ran into while on his little adventure without even knowing it?

(Now I just have to figure out if I want either Tracy Bonham's original "Brain Crack" or if I want Neophyte's "Braincracking" as part of my motion picture soundtrack.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Which Rifts SUB-SETTING Movie would you most like to see?

Rhomphaia wrote:Why is Free Quebec on there twice?

Oh, and Phase World ftw.

"Why did you say 'rape' twice??"
-excerpt from 'Blazing Saddles'

:twisted: **Giggity!** :twisted:

But seriously, it simply slipped my mind. Thought that I'd made sure that there were no duplicates.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Damn this is one tough call! While I did make a final decision, it was after lengthy deliberation between these 3:

1> Wormwood: Call me crazy but I really dig this world! The hopeless fight against overwhelming odds, the medieval structure with heavilly religious overtones and magic mixed with a dash of modern (ie 20th century) and high (ie Rifts) technology, and the planet itself being a living thing can make for a seriously wild ride. CGI effects would be off the charts with nearly every aspect of the entire thing, especially if you get into the creation rites of some of the nastier beasties. And who wouldn't like to see an Apok go toe-to-toe with the Unholy itself in the final climactic battle scene? Chalk my vote up for this one!

2> Japan: First runner up in the personal debate. I see Rifts Japan being a well-blended mix of Blade Runner and The Last Samurai. Old world feudalism and magic meets super-tech. I always love a good martial arts style movie as well, and considering the Juicer Ninjas of Japan, that would make one heck of a fight scene. This one came in a very close second in my deliberation. (Wormwood: 10.0, Japan: 9.95) Its only real downside... subtitles :-? At least 90% of the cast would probably be speaking Japanese.

3> New & Spirit West: Yes, I know they are 2 seperate choices, but let's face it; you can't have one without the other. If you're in the New West, you're going to see Indian magic. I see this as a sort of Jonah Hex style setting with all the trimmings plus a healthy dose of high tech firepower. And I have to admit, I'd like to see someone pull out a Big Bore gun and giggle when everyone fails their HF save. Downside... It could end up too much like the upcoming "Cowboys and Aliens" movie I just saw the trailer for.
That, and for some sick and twisted reason I keep seeing an image of a cyborg version of Brokeback Mountain :frust: :frazz: :?
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

JuliusCreed wrote:Damn this is one tough call! While I did make a final decision, it was after lengthy deliberation between these 3:

1> Wormwood: Call me crazy but I really dig this world! The hopeless fight against overwhelming odds, the medieval structure with heavilly religious overtones and magic mixed with a dash of modern (ie 20th century) and high (ie Rifts) technology, and the planet itself being a living thing can make for a seriously wild ride. CGI effects would be off the charts with nearly every aspect of the entire thing, especially if you get into the creation rites of some of the nastier beasties. And who wouldn't like to see an Apok go toe-to-toe with the Unholy itself in the final climactic battle scene? Chalk my vote up for this one!

2> Japan: First runner up in the personal debate. I see Rifts Japan being a well-blended mix of Blade Runner and The Last Samurai. Old world feudalism and magic meets super-tech. I always love a good martial arts style movie as well, and considering the Juicer Ninjas of Japan, that would make one heck of a fight scene. This one came in a very close second in my deliberation. (Wormwood: 10.0, Japan: 9.95) Its only real downside... subtitles :-? At least 90% of the cast would probably be speaking Japanese.

3> New & Spirit West: Yes, I know they are 2 seperate choices, but let's face it; you can't have one without the other. If you're in the New West, you're going to see Indian magic. I see this as a sort of Jonah Hex style setting with all the trimmings plus a healthy dose of high tech firepower. And I have to admit, I'd like to see someone pull out a Big Bore gun and giggle when everyone fails their HF save. Downside... It could end up too much like the upcoming "Cowboys and Aliens" movie I just saw the trailer for.
That, and for some sick and twisted reason I keep seeing an image of a cyborg version of Brokeback Mountain :frust: :frazz: :?
I like your ideas about a Wormwood and Rifts Japan movie.

Hell....with a name like "Wormwood" you wouldn't even have to think up a title for the Movie, that would be it right there!

:ok:

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

also agree on madhaven and the west settings
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Chaos Earth. Because it is excellent.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Unread post by VIsgar »

Atlantis for me. Throw in some splugorth and lackeys maybe a t-woman that has to wear a little more revealing armor. I could rant on and on.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Now that the Thread has been necro'd, I am seeing that the most votes are going towards the New West.

Would I be terribly incorrect in assuming that at least some of you would like to see a "Firefly/Serenity" -type redux of sorts, only with power armor and dragons added in??

:D

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

never got into firefly so cant say but maybe something that wasnt crap like cowboys and aliens
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Silas
D-Bee
Comment: Never underestimate a player who likes options.

Unread post by Silas »

I was seriously torn between New West and Japan, but when I saw Warlords of Russia, I knew what I'd love to see. The epic combat between heavy-duty borgs and mekanical tech, set to the backdrop of poverty and stoicism... that screams post-apocalyptic, to me.

Just toss in a bit of Mystic Russia and a cameo by Triax/NGR and you'd have awesome tie-in material.
Rogue Scholar, speaking over the grave of a black marketeer: "In the Great House and in the House of Fire, on that Great Day when all the days and years are numbered, oh let my name be given back to me."
Juicer, having killed said black marketeer: Oh %@$# this! His name is Dirtnap! Can we go now?!

Return to “Rifts® Movie”