Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !
Been using them in the Three Galaxy and Manhunter verses .Of late GRINNING EVIL .

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Adventurer

Hrmmm. Using them as an SDC thing from the origional Books.

What if the Atorians go after them and most certainly bite off more than they can chew???? :D Heheh, Let theee imagination run with it. :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

FreelancerMar wrote:
Hrmmm. Using them as an SDC thing from the origional Books.

What if the Atorians go after them and most certainly bite off more than they can chew???? :D Heheh, Let theee imagination run with it. :)

:badbad: I pity the foolish Atorians!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Republican

Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.
I love the Atorians and think they could pull it off. I seem to recall reading something about them utilizing anti-matter weapons? Could be epic though. How do I get in on that game? :D

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:08 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Yeah they are one of my favorites as well !

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Adventurer

Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
Hahaha... I use them as much as I use my Fleets of the Three Galaxies book.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 am

Hero

Besides the classic SB2, I intend to break them out once my games reach the point that I unleash the Minion War. I'm looking at going for the fully snowballed worst case scenario of multiversal armagedon with all those niggling problems around the multiverse going for the Oh Sh- button. Like Hel using the chaos to complete her plans..

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 am

D-Bee

I would love put the mechanoids in my choas earth campaign :bandit:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: Lord of Chaos!
Armorlord wrote:
Besides the classic SB2, I intend to break them out once my games reach the point that I unleash the Minion War. I'm looking at going for the fully snowballed worst case scenario of multiversal armagedon with all those niggling problems around the multiverse going for the Oh Sh- button. Like Hel using the chaos to complete her plans..

Nice! :demon:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

Explorer

lol old post even dragged back into the 2011's

In the campaign I was running and still am kinda.... it turns out the AbM Mechanoids joined with ARCHIE, made a new settlement.

But it took about 6 months of fighting to bring the Mechs under control however one or two got a message off the planet, nobody knows if the messages got out.. however robotech got rifted in.... another race has gained the some technologies from those as well...

Death head Valkyries anyone.... :? heeheeheehee

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Wanderer

In various rifts books they talk about the storms that come sometimes... sometimes blobby creatures fall from the sky and stuff. Always envisioned some of those as being mechanoids without the armor, but still having all the psionics, and actually did play it out that way a time or two. ;) :)

Other then that, did try a time or two with PCs in Rifts going on vs mechanoids, and it usually had to involve a retreat somewhere or the PCs needing major help from above.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 am

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: Golden God
Jesterzzn wrote:
If so how?
In Rifts Mexico: Hell's on Fire, the young Cyber-Knight is having visions of the Mechanoids reigning fire down upon earth. Thus far, the group has not investigated them too deeply. These visions are causing Cody to lose sleep by nightmares so powerful he wakes others with his kicking, screaming, and thrashing about.

The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 am

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: fellow femanons represent!
i use them as the good guys coz genocide is totes justifiable & something that heros can do without bein baddies. just ask any CS fan :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 am

Rifter® Contributer

Splynnys Girlfriend wrote:
i use them as the good guys coz genocide is totes justifiable & something that heros can do without bein baddies. just ask any CS fan :D
:ok: Nicely played.

t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:22 am

Knight

Funny this thread should be here :demon:
Anyone have a copy of the '3 Galaxies' source book?
Look up Xerxes Beta; take a look at the Hook Line & Stinker for Xerxes-Beta V...got it?
Now...put the concept of a daemon or supernatural intelligence out of your mind...now think.
What ELSE could cause such a massive amount of rage & hate in the psionic AEther? :demon: :love:

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
DhAkael wrote:
Look up Xerxes Beta; take a look at the Hook Line & Stinker for Xerxes-Beta V...got it?
Now...put the concept of a daemon or supernatural intelligence out of your mind...now think.
What ELSE could cause such a massive amount of rage & hate in the psionic AEther? :demon: :love:

Justin Bieber?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 am

Knight

The Beast wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Justin Bieber?

Welll...yes...but I meant 'originating' from, not "causing" :P

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
DhAkael wrote:
The Beast wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Justin Bieber?

Welll...yes...but I meant 'originating' from, not "causing" :P

Wouldn't that still be the same thing? :P

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:32 am

Hero

Comment: What happened in here last night? It smells of cheap booze and expensive regret...
The Heroes Unlimited campaign I am running is using them, and it isn't pretty.

I had the player characters be iconic heroes. These guys are pretty much the Justice League of this hero world. At first I threw your usual assortment of villains at them (drilling a nuke to the Earth's core, someone wants to kill Superman, etc). Then, it all goes to hell in a handbasket carried by a thinman.

The mechanoids invade and immediately begin defoliating the planet. Knowing the PCs, even in their awesomeness, couldn't stop the whole thing, I gave them an out. A former adversary (not necessarily a villain, but he wasn't a hero either) had actually planned for alien invasion and set up a countermeasure. However, he was killed before he could initiate it. The heroes had to go activate it. This caused the shuttles spreading chemicals either crash or malfunction. However, the damage was done and large sections of the Earth are now, flora-wise, dying rapidly.

The mechanoids, being the emo-cupcakes they are, naturally took offense to their initial invasion phase being interrupted, so they began to simply start nuking military bases and large cities, for the moment not bothering to "play with the humans". They curbed this after two days and began landing in force to march on the cities that were left.

To date, the war has gone badly for humanity. One PC has died holding off a massive force of mechanoids while Seattle was being evacuated (the Invulnerability helped, a lot), several major non-player heroes and villains have fallen and virtually all population centers are gone. The mechanoids are being given one hell of a fight though. The heroes (and villains who are bothering to help, one of these is being played by the player of the fallen PC) are creative enough and have enough of a diversity of powers that they can confuse and get the drop on the mechanoids most of the time. Add to that the fact that I have recently dropped hints that a former hero of Earth was connected to something called the Cosmic Forge (to give players an appropriate "kill the villain" button if they choose to try)...with the right actions, Earth may be saved, if not severely ****ed up.

If I am going to be accused of misdeeds and treated accordingly, then I am going to actually earn the treatment I get. Period. There is no need to hold back when I am treated with one standard and others are treated according to another standard.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points
Sounds like a fun campaign to be in Rhomphaia. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 am

Hero

Comment: What happened in here last night? It smells of cheap booze and expensive regret...
Shawn Merrow wrote:
Sounds like a fun campaign to be in Rhomphaia. :ok:

It is very fun. It's also fun trying to keep things fresh and not just another "bash the mechanoid cannon-fodder" session. I use plot devices such as some villains using the war to their advantage, saving a refugee camp from a natural disaster, settling disputes between supers and military forces, etc.

Recently, the mechanoids have begun siphoning the oceans, but stopped for some unknown reason and were seen scooping up dolphin pods (alive) to take back to their mothership. The PCs now have to figure out why.

If I am going to be accused of misdeeds and treated accordingly, then I am going to actually earn the treatment I get. Period. There is no need to hold back when I am treated with one standard and others are treated according to another standard.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:28 pm

D-Bee

A quick forword, if any players from my games are on here please do not read this, or you shall be punished by a penalty on the random encounter table. and you should know by now what the results of that will likely be.

i am going to be using the mechanoids soon in one of my current games.

I'm running a personalised version of the CS vs Tolkeen war. I have 3 players on the CS side, 3 on the tolkeen side. At the start of the campaign they are just fighting the war, but after a few weeks a secret tolkeen research project will accidently unleash the mechanoids into the middle of the conflict. i've not planned what exactly will happen from here i'll just improv it from the groups actions (its often the best way), but if each side wishes to survive they may have to call a cease fire.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Comment: Lord of Chaos!
darkstar952 wrote:
A quick forword, if any players from my games are on here please do not read this, or you shall be punished by a penalty on the random encounter table. and you should know by now what the results of that will likely be.

Spoiler:

I'm running a personalised version of the CS vs Tolkeen war. I have 3 players on the CS side, 3 on the tolkeen side. At the start of the campaign they are just fighting the war, but after a few weeks a secret tolkeen research project will accidently unleash the mechanoids into the middle of the conflict. i've not planned what exactly will happen from here i'll just improv it from the groups actions (its often the best way), but if each side wishes to survive they may have to call a cease fire.

Nice way to mix it up. :ok:

Crap I didn't that coming. Love those kind of games :-D

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Hero

darkstar952 wrote:

That sounds like a politically twisted campaign. As a note, if the mechanoids come through in enough force, it may lead to the CS formally annexing Northern Gun and Ishpeming, similar to what they did with Iron Heart Armaments.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Hero

Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!
They must be popular. This thread is almost 6 years running.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Shorty Lickens wrote:
They are Daleks on steroids whats not to like?

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Rifter® Contributer

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shorty Lickens wrote:
Some of whom can navigate stairs.

t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shorty Lickens wrote:

:ok: :lol:

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:08 am

Hero

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shorty Lickens wrote:

Type 1 Brute: "HUMANS! KILL!"
*Human runs down stairs*
Type 1 Brute: *Attempts to follow. CRASH. BANG. THUMP. THUMP. THUD. CLANG.* "...Well ****..."
ED-209: "Yeah, I had that problem too..."

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 am

Rifter® Contributer

Rhomphaia wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Shorty Lickens wrote:

Type 1 Brute: "HUMANS! KILL!"
*Human runs down stairs*
Type 1 Brute: *Attempts to follow. CRASH. BANG. THUMP. THUMP. THUD. CLANG.* "...Well ****..."
ED-209: "Yeah, I had that problem too..."
Then they send in Thinmen and Runts.

t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb

Unread postPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Explorer

I've both played as a character against Mechanoids as well as used them in my campaign when running as GM. I used them on Rifts Earth in a campaign in which the PCs were participating in actions against the first of the major threats from Plato's Planetary Edicts (ie, Mechanoids, and then as part of the Gathering of Heroes vs the 4 Horsemen). They played just one part (albeit an important one) against the Mechanoids, ultimately destroying an Oracle and the troops it controlled, and eliminating a factory the Mechs had taken over and were refurbishing. I enjoyed it, and the players seemed to as well. Was a good start to the campaign... the characters gained several levels (and good group dynamic experiences) before moving on.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 am

D-Bee

Made A giant map Im GMing with theres Large amounts of Mechanoid Runts and Thinmen coming from an area an just... WIPING the area clean and now the horde is closing in on CS territory and you and about 2-5 hundred soldiers need to destroy them it has mini-stories in it to these mechanoids are originating from 2 renovated factorys and theres a Mechanoid overlord overseeing the assault theres also 2 very dangerous groups of enemy's (1 multi brain tank 2 type 1 & 2 brutes 30 thinmen 30 runts a 6 runners and an Overlord)

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 am

Explorer

Freakin heck, yeah well almost 7 years and counting.

Update dragged out the orginal books, and low and behold had a 2011 campaign woot woot woot its all over now....

might drag out the rifts, mechanoids, and robotech books out.....

woot go the thread

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Republican

Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.
I am currently running a Mechanoids adventure from the original book one of the trilogy. Characters are currently fighting a guerrilla campaign against a mechanoid siege force.

Good times, except for the guy floating comatose in the Paalokean Sea. :)

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg