Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Explorer

Comment: Tucker Did It!
Ice Pellets: contains a compressed liquid gel of Freon that can be used to freeze (-50 centagrade) targets in a 2in covering of ice (expands out to a total of 20 square feet 2inch thick). Will immobilize targets for 2d6 minutes. SDC of ice: 120; takes a strength of 40 to escape/break ice. Cold inflicts 5d6 cold damage and numbs exposed organics (-2 actions, -4 parry/dodge/roll) for 2d4 minutes after thaw/escape.

“We're ostriches and the whole world is sand.”

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 am

Champion

The Portable Bridge defies the laws of physics I fear...a 2 pound device that creates a bridge that can carry 10 tons? Nope, not going to happen as a real device...real portable bridges do exist, and have since World War 1, but they weigh hundreds of pounds and are hauled by trucks. If this device did exist, it would be a piece carried by a super equipment character. In and of itself, that last is not a bad idea...

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 am

Adventurer

AlanGunhouse wrote:
The Portable Bridge defies the laws of physics I fear...a 2 pound device that creates a bridge that can carry 10 tons? Nope, not going to happen as a real device...real portable bridges do exist, and have since World War 1, but they weigh hundreds of pounds and are hauled by trucks. If this device did exist, it would be a piece carried by a super equipment character. In and of itself, that last is not a bad idea...

Something defies the laws of physics in a Palladium game? I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you!

More seriously, this device uses a solid energy field to build its 'bridge'. The energy field will doesn't actually weigh anything, nor should it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:25 am

Champion

Actually, solid energy is as bad...because the technology to create it does not exist (and, by the way, would still take way more than 2 pounds if it were possible with modern technology)...it is still a super invention. A device for Hardware should be technologically possible.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:53 am

Adventurer

AlanGunhouse wrote:
Actually, solid energy is as bad...because the technology to create it does not exist (and, by the way, would still take way more than 2 pounds if it were possible with modern technology)...it is still a super invention. A device for Hardware should be technologically possible.

Solid energy... Like a some kind of, I dunno... "force field", maybe? Mmmm... You mean like Triton Industries and Fabricators Inc. makes? Yeah, I guess those don't exist. A shame, really.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:18 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
AlanGunhouse wrote:

Why should it be "possible"? This is a game about Super Heroes?
Is it possible for a person to generate a negative matter field? Is it possible for a person to grow to a height of 60'?
Is it possible for a person launch an anti-matter grenade then burst fire with the main particle beam of his micronized weapon assault system?

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Champion

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
AlanGunhouse wrote:

Why should it be "possible"? This is a game about Super Heroes?
Is it possible for a person to generate a negative matter field? Is it possible for a person to grow to a height of 60'?
Is it possible for a person launch an anti-matter grenade then burst fire with the main particle beam of his micronized weapon assault system?

I said Hardware should be possible, that is the difference between hardware and Super Inventions. Hardware does the possible very well, it is even cutting edge. Super Inventions do the impossible, like generating negative matter, or allowing a person to grow to 60' tall. If you happen to have an antimatter grenade you could launch it (but likely not survive the resulting energy release). Sounds like you are talking Robotech though, not HU...though technically alien technology may be advanced enough to do such things such people would not be counted as Hardware characters, they would be aliens.

If you can point out the page in the HU rules where it says anything about a Hardware character being able to generate Negative Matter, Grow someone to 60' tall, or use an antimatter grenade safely, I will withdraw my objection. I am not counting Villains who are created to take on whole teams...they often break the normal rules, it has to be something that a PC could use.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm

OLD ONE

Keep in mind that a Super-Invention Character can be rolled up with Hardware skillset.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Champion

Yep...any of them who invented the device themselves pretty much would have to be.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm

OLD ONE

I have no problem with seeing a Hardware Character or Super Inventor creating/using a Portable Force Bridge.
Especially in my game worlds which tend to be a bit on the High Tech side.

Plausible? Pfft! This is a game. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 am

Champion

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
I have no problem with seeing a Hardware Character or Super Inventor creating/using a Portable Force Bridge.

Even games have internal logic...if hardware characters could invent items with super powers, why do they need a super invention class? They have the class, therefore, it has a reason to exist.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 am

OLD ONE

AlanGunhouse wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

Even games have internal logic...if hardware characters could invent items with super powers, why do they need a super invention class? They have the class, therefore, it has a reason to exist.
We didnt always have the class.
All in all, I think we will just need to agree to disagree.

Game on!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 am

Knight

I say super invention is the only ones that duplicate powers.

I have no problem seeing them here.
Maybe give the name of the people who use them.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Explorer

Snake bite
A 7-10 foot long whip maid entirely of interlinked flexible metal scales that works similar to a snakes body. The whip itself does 2D6 damage but the real power is in the end. Instead of tapering off at , there are two metal "fangs" that each contain a chemical agent of some kind (usually some kind of sedative or poison). When the fangs enter into flesh or armor, the pressure put onto the ends works like a piston and forces the chemicals out and into the the body or armor. The victim must make a successful save versus toxin/poison for each dose he or she take (each fang is one dose).

Unread postPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Revan wrote:
Snake bite
A 7-10 foot long whip maid entirely of interlinked flexible metal scales that works similar to a snakes body. The whip itself does 2D6 damage but the real power is in the end. Instead of tapering off at , there are two metal "fangs" that each contain a chemical agent of some kind (usually some kind of sedative or poison). When the fangs enter into flesh or armor, the pressure put onto the ends works like a piston and forces the chemicals out and into the the body or armor. The victim must make a successful save versus toxin/poison for each dose he or she take (each fang is one dose).
Can I maybe post this to the Black Vault wiki, hmmm?

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Priest

Petradust
“In about ten minutes you’ll be a pretty piece of statuary for my den! Do try to put a good expression on your face; I’ll be looking at it for a long time to come!”

Petradust is a quantum stasis nanodust that works in similar fashion to the Major Power Petrification. It was originally developed to preserve organic materials, but has since crept into criminal use.
Stored, shipped, and deployed in silver cylinders similar to dynamite sticks, Petradust is expelled by a small charge up to 6 ft. Petradust then ‘freezes’ the state of organic materials it falls upon, locking it in qauntum stasis, and transforming the material into a glossy, stony, rigid material state.
Unlike the Petrification power, Petradust ‘stoning’ has an indefinite duration, but only confers 1,000 SDC to the target(500 to snap off a limb). The state can be REVERSED by the Petrification power, various high-energy quantum unlocking gear, or a dose of reversal nanites. As with the Petrification power, beings with powers like Invulnerability, Earth Possession, Alter Phsyical Structure:(Inorganic), or who are already non-carbon based lifeforms are immune. Those who have been frozen with Petradust and later revived have no recollection of any passage of time while petrified.
The amount of Petradust deployed to ‘freeze’ a target is also important; 1 lb. of Petradust can preserve/tranform 100 lbs of organic material. Using too little Petradust runs the risk of seriously injuring the intended target(takes 1d4x10 SDC from flesh petrifying and sloathing off). Petradust remains active for 10 minutes after being deployed/activated(potentially posing a problem to anybody trying to come to the assistance of a ‘stoned’ victim and coming in contact with excess Petradust nanites).
Saving Throw: 15 or better to resist being ‘stoned’.

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Snake bite

Be my guest.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Revan wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Snake bite

Be my guest.

Cool.

Edit: Done. :)

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Explorer

Dart Gun
This pistol looks like any normal pistol except for when you remove the clip. The clip feeds into the gun special rounds that look like darts or syringes. Each clip has its own special round that has a chemical agent in it, each are color-coded. Green clips/rounds are tranquilizers and red are lethal poisons. (note, I wasn't sure how much money it would cost to make the modified darts and such $15 per “round”.)
Effects of the gun rounds found in PU1 under Venomous Attack

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Explorer

Smoke Launcher
The flair gun looks normal and for all purposes is normal, its the rounds that aren’t normal. The rounds release a gas after 2 seconds of being shot. There are 4 types of rounds, coded similarly to the Dart Gun. Green are sleep gases, Red are lethal, Grey are smoke, Yellow is tear gas.
Effects of the smokes found in PU1 under Venomous Attack

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Explorer

RC-XD (10) $500 per car. $120 per bomb . $625 per camera. Total $62,250
A high end RC car that has a forward mounted Camera. The camera feed is good for 1000 ft and goes back to a computer or television screen. The kicker is that built within the RC car is a bomb, equal to four stick of dynamite 4D4x10 Damage 10 ft radius, that can be detonated via a blasting cap that is remote triggered.

Edit: yes this is inspired by Call of Duty Black ops, but it is not a conversion, nor do i take credit for the idea.

Last edited by Revan on Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

These seem fairly common, Revan. I was hoping for more funky gadgets...

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Explorer

Frag Gun
This thing of beauty could be used as a trap or just to confuse some one. Although not very difficult or creative, no one would see this coming. The clip of the gun is loaded not with bullets, but is instead packed with C4 and a blasting cap. The wielder of the gun can throw the gun at an opponents feet or near them as a sign of surrender. When the opponent drops his guard, the C4 can be detonated, turning the gun into a frag grenade, doing 1d4x10 damage.

Variation
The gun clip is loaded with an unstable form of C4 that can be detonated via a blasting cap, or simply from the hammer hitting it from the trigger being pulled.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Explorer

Credit card knife.
This is a normal looking credit card, just a bit thicker. Concealed in the bottom is a razor blade that is brought out and put away by pressing down on a certain point of the credit card, usually a small logo or design of some kind. The blade does 1D6 damage and can be useful when all obvious weapons are taken.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Priest

Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.
This is a normal looking credit card, just a bit thicker. Concealed in the bottom is a razor blade that is brought out and put away by pressing down on a certain point of the credit card, usually a small logo or design of some kind. The blade does 1D6 damage and can be useful when all obvious weapons are taken.

"In Russia, credit cards cut YOU up!"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.

This is something the book already recommends for hardware geniuses to make. It is hardly original.:(

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.

This is something the book already recommends for hardware geniuses to make. It is hardly original.:(

Not to mention, I've seen these for purchase - they're commonly available. Also as far as damage goes, I would think 1d6 would be a bit much - maybe 1d4, but size really matters when it comes to damage in knives - either thrusting or slashing, this sized weapon just wouldn't be enough to cause a lot of damage.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.

Not to mention, I've seen these for purchase - they're commonly available. Also as far as damage goes, I would think 1d6 would be a bit much - maybe 1d4, but size really matters when it comes to damage in knives - either thrusting or slashing, this sized weapon just wouldn't be enough to cause a lot of damage.

Agreed.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.

Agreed.

Check these out for different styles..
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/cr ... -20101222/

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/wea ... -by-boker/

http://www.canadaknives.com/product_inf ... e09d0ec8ac

I personally like this one - more of an "all-in-one" type kit that could be quite useful..
http://www.toollogic.com/default-catego ... cc1sb.html

Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Explorer

My apologies, i never notived a credit card knife in HU.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Champion

What I'd like to see is a new generic Gear list that stops using 1986 prices for things and acknowledge things like blu rays, micro cds, usbs, and Pentaflop Computers without resorting to absurdisms that we see in nightbane (486s being the regular computer people use... for example).

and an implant Section so that Ninjas and Superspies gizmos get upgraded to Post 2000 Scifi levels.

And A Vehicle construction system with a Point system so that people don't build 400 MPH Heavy Bikes with Tank armor..

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 am

Champion

Rappanui wrote:
What I'd like to see is a new generic Gear list that stops using 1986 prices for things and acknowledge things like blu rays, micro cds, usbs, and Pentaflop Computers without resorting to absurdisms that we see in nightbane (486s being the regular computer people use... for example).

and an implant Section so that Ninjas and Superspies gizmos get upgraded to Post 2000 Scifi levels.

And A Vehicle construction system with a Point system so that people don't build 400 MPH Heavy Bikes with Tank armor..

Sounds good :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Palladin

Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:
Credit card knife.

Agreed.

Check these out for different styles..
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/cr ... -20101222/

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/wea ... -by-boker/

I personally like this one - more of an "all-in-one" type kit that could be quite useful..
http://www.toollogic.com/default-catego ... cc1sb.html

I've actually got this one

I've carried it.. probably 15 years. Used it more than once too. Sadly never to stop super crime, but it's one of the two knives I carry daily. Good stuff. Just don't forget it when you go through airport security. They don't think it's funny at all.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:22 am

Knight

Well I think the book needs have 6 categorie for gadgets,Offensive,Defensive,Movement,Sensory and Miscellaneous.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Champion

gaby wrote:
Well I think the book needs have 6 categorie for gadgets,Offensive,Defensive,Movement,Sensory and Miscellaneous.

That's 5 categories...and I would say "Utility" instead of the last one.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Knight

Sorry.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Champion

Don't be sorry, that happens to be the same 5 categories I sorted super powers into when rating them to sort them into 4 power tabl;es instead of 2...

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Adventurer

here is my contribution I have never played the hardware toon before. the valkarye is based on the vid from FPS Russia (a damn fine set of Youtube vids) but with some serious up grades to it think an early skynet.

High Tech toys BY Wildfire Industries

ZEUS Electro Gauntlets
Nomex and Titanium composion body
AR 12 SDC 120 (have to beat the AR to damage the units)
They hold electrical power to send out electrical blasts at a high current power the blast has a 100ft range and does 6d6 SDC the gaultets each hold 10 blasts and the units can be fired in tandam.
Alternately the gaultets can be used to stun people or animals similar to that of a stun gun
20 stun blasts
The batteries recharge 1 per 30 mins or fully charge in 30 mins plugged into an outlet withe the built in speed chargers but the electrical bill is a killer. If the unit is damaged it takes 3 hrs to recharge properly The are solid black and are insulated to make the holder immune to electricity when holding something.

ANUBIS Force Field Belt
The belt creats a a personal force field of various strength. The belt can make a force field with 200 SDC for 10 mins before needing to be recharded. Alternately it can creat a belt with 150 SDC for 15mins or 100 SDC for 20 mins. The belt can be recharged via electrical outlets or generators recharges 100 SDC per hour. If over loaded (out of SDC) it shuts itself down which can be counter productive in a fire fight.

ICARUS Rocket Pack
This is slim build jet pack which uses a revolutionary fusion generator to charge it and can hold 8 hrs of flight time. This unit requires a flight suit or heat resistant armour to be used or you have one hot ass. The Jet thrust of the unit allows for speeds from 0 (a hover in place) to up to 224kph this will burn through the power at a rate of 4 hours. A cruising speed of 100kph allows for 8hrs of use.
AR 12 SDC 150 (have to beat the AR to damage the units) it is built from a Tuitanium, Nomex and Kevlar body.
Altitude 1000 meters (1 km)
Bonuses when in use +4 to dodge +6 when over 100kph +4 to dam for every 32kph of speed (max +28) however you need protection or your wrist will take damage

Vidicator Armour
AR 16 SDC 200 form fitting weight 16lbs is resistant to heat and fire no damage from jet packs and none from fire or heat up to 600 degrees C. Has an independant O2 supply 2hrs. Built in multi-optics band. Radios VHF 100kms range , HF 300kms range, built in encryption devices. Built in computer for remote control of vehicles and for normal computer functions (equivilant to and I12 processore and 4 tb of harddrive with 1 tb ram).

Valkarye drones
Quadcopter air drones 1m by 1m holds either a 10 gauge shat gun, a 45ACP sub machine gun or a a grenade launcher. Head up display to monitor of controller10 km range.
AR by location
Rotors 50 each(can fly with only 1 working loses 25% of spee per rotor lost)
Main body 100
Camera 50 (called shot to hit -4 to hit)
Weapon 75 SDC
Range 100KM or 2 hours of use at slow speeds
Speed 0-100kph
Payload
1. 10 gauge shotgun rounds 30 6d6
2. 45 ACP 200 can single shot or burst short (6 rounds) or long (20 rounds)
3. 20 MM Grenades 30 single shot 6d6 to a 3m radius

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Champion

Rifter 58? I think.. or one of the ones anyway, has an article about letting stage magicians emulate super powers, and has mechanics for such... alot better imo then the current lax super invention rules.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Hero

Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.
Rappanui wrote:

In my campaigns, I allow characters to use whatever tech site they prefer to come up with prices for these types of things. Want an apple macbook 17"? Go to apple and find the price. Blu-Ray player? Hit sony or best buy.

Although I do agree that book prices are way outdated. Which is why I let people use what's currently available in the real world for prices.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm

OLD ONE

Was looking for this post earlier today. Found it and decided it could have a good home here in this thread.

Originally created by Wayne Breaux. The following material had been mentioned by Wayne previously on these boards.

Target Verification System: The original application of this system was in the military as a vehicle or robot targeting computer designation and acquisition program, but assassins and bounty hunters use it the way special forces do, without changing its operation, they change the application and use it to target humans and other ‘soft' targets. The software is tied into mini-computers on the arms, hips, or in backpacks then feeds to a display unit that shows images and known statistics on a specific person. The basic software package simply displays information as it is called up by the user. Displays can be projected onto helmet face plates, the screen of wrist or palm computers, bionic eye displays, or in some advanced races 3-D holographic display systems. This allows the hunter to readily identify his target, for he has a picture of them right there in front of him, often quite literally as the image floats before him on a helmet HUD or bionic eye.

The advanced versions of this system are even more impressive. Specialized hardware can be bought for both palm and arm computers that have scanners. These scanners will sweep an area and search for the target currently in the attached computer's data banks. If a match turns up, the system alerts the user with an audible or vibrating warning and displays a map-like grid showing where the contact was. More expensive units have a non-damaging laser targeting beam that indicates the quarry when it is noticed, but the most effective use of this software is when it is combined with cybernetics. A cybernetic eye can be programmed to scan for the unit and the eyes own targeting sight (or one provided by the software) will track the target once it is located. Cyber arms can be programmed to draw a weapon and fire on the target the instant confirmation is acquired. Additionally, for those without the benefit of cyber-ware, the software package can be linked to a weapon outfitted with H&M micro comps. In this case, the weapon can alternately be used to scan for the target and programmed to fire upon confirmation.

Bonuses: The base system +3 to perception rolls or +10% to intelligence to streetwise rolls when attempting to locate a target in a nearby area. When coupled with the scanners, the system either adds +20% to the same rolls or provides a base 60% to scan on it's own (Yes, you can make two rolls, one for your skill and one for the scanner's base percentage, though the latter should be made by the game master). The scanner system also adds a +1 to strike with aimed shots. The fully integrated bionic system with the auto targeting arm has the same bonuses as the scanner, but it is +2 to strike with and aimed shot and adds +2 to initiative.

Cost: Base unit (either palm or arm mounted): 1200 credits. Unit with scanners and notification systems: 6000 credits. Unit with scanners, notification, and cybernetic or weapon integrating software (Including H&M Micro-comps and exoskeleton systems): 18,000 credits.

Note: that and exoskeleton rig can be worn to support the bionic auto aim system for characters without bionics.

Full Mobility Combat Armor: This is a suit of specially designed hard armor plates over a mobile armored mesh. It is very maneuverable and preferred by the bounty hunters who must be as flexible and adaptable as possible. A helmet that can be sealed to the armor provides limited environmental capabilities, and when combined with a jet pack, the user has a light, versatile armored suit that affords good protection and great mobility.

A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 100.
Bonuses: +1 to parry and dodge.
Cost: 6000 credits.

Full Mobility Flight Pack: Light, but limited jet pack that is little more than a souped up jump jet system. It can only fly for 5 minutes at a time at speeds up to 160 mph. It can cover about 13 miles with each short flight or engage in aerial combat for 20 melees. It holds enough fuel for 10 flight periods. Between each flight period, the pack must cool for 5 minutes. It is possible to make almost continuous flights by resting more frequently. Such measured hops would result in the pack covering about 100 miles in an hour with a maximum range of 130 miles. The greatest strength of the pack is not extended flight, however, but fast, maneuverable combat.

Bonuses: When worn by a skilled pilot (one that has the sill Pilot: Jetpack), the flight pack provides the wearer with a +1 to strike with hand held weapons or fists, +2 to parry, +4 to dodge, and can perform stunts with a +10% bonus to the roll. Those without the piloting skill only receive a +1 to dodge. Note that the flight pack can not hover in place like the flight super abilities and must obviously fly, though it may shift position within a small area to meet those requirements (approximately a 8-10 foot globe of movement; can't be used in most indoor areas).

Cost: 12,000 credits

Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 am

Priest

Retinal Mimic Cyberoptics
These are cyberoptic eyes that are set up to be able to scan another person's eyes and then reproduce the retinal pattern in themselves, in order to fool biometric retinal scanners. In order to accomplish this, the implantee must get close enough to the to-be-mimicked victim to successfully scan their open eyes(they don't have to be conscious, however, just the eyes have to be open). The scanning process takes 1 melee, though the pattern can be erased and reset for re-use in a moment. No other enhancements can be made to the eye(like thermal imaging optics, or low-light, etc.) though the eye can be made modular.
Cost: 35,000 credits

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Was looking for this post earlier today. Found it and decided it could have a good home here in this thread.

Originally created by Wayne Breaux. The following material had been mentioned by Wayne previously on these boards.

Target Verification System: The original application of this system was in the military as a vehicle or robot targeting computer designation and acquisition program, but assassins and bounty hunters use it the way special forces do, without changing its operation, they change the application and use it to target humans and other ‘soft' targets. The software is tied into mini-computers on the arms, hips, or in backpacks then feeds to a display unit that shows images and known statistics on a specific person. The basic software package simply displays information as it is called up by the user. Displays can be projected onto helmet face plates, the screen of wrist or palm computers, bionic eye displays, or in some advanced races 3-D holographic display systems. This allows the hunter to readily identify his target, for he has a picture of them right there in front of him, often quite literally as the image floats before him on a helmet HUD or bionic eye.

The advanced versions of this system are even more impressive. Specialized hardware can be bought for both palm and arm computers that have scanners. These scanners will sweep an area and search for the target currently in the attached computer's data banks. If a match turns up, the system alerts the user with an audible or vibrating warning and displays a map-like grid showing where the contact was. More expensive units have a non-damaging laser targeting beam that indicates the quarry when it is noticed, but the most effective use of this software is when it is combined with cybernetics. A cybernetic eye can be programmed to scan for the unit and the eyes own targeting sight (or one provided by the software) will track the target once it is located. Cyber arms can be programmed to draw a weapon and fire on the target the instant confirmation is acquired. Additionally, for those without the benefit of cyber-ware, the software package can be linked to a weapon outfitted with H&M micro comps. In this case, the weapon can alternately be used to scan for the target and programmed to fire upon confirmation.

Bonuses: The base system +3 to perception rolls or +10% to intelligence to streetwise rolls when attempting to locate a target in a nearby area. When coupled with the scanners, the system either adds +20% to the same rolls or provides a base 60% to scan on it's own (Yes, you can make two rolls, one for your skill and one for the scanner's base percentage, though the latter should be made by the game master). The scanner system also adds a +1 to strike with aimed shots. The fully integrated bionic system with the auto targeting arm has the same bonuses as the scanner, but it is +2 to strike with and aimed shot and adds +2 to initiative.

Cost: Base unit (either palm or arm mounted): 1200 credits. Unit with scanners and notification systems: 6000 credits. Unit with scanners, notification, and cybernetic or weapon integrating software (Including H&M Micro-comps and exoskeleton systems): 18,000 credits.

Note: that and exoskeleton rig can be worn to support the bionic auto aim system for characters without bionics.

Full Mobility Combat Armor: This is a suit of specially designed hard armor plates over a mobile armored mesh. It is very maneuverable and preferred by the bounty hunters who must be as flexible and adaptable as possible. A helmet that can be sealed to the armor provides limited environmental capabilities, and when combined with a jet pack, the user has a light, versatile armored suit that affords good protection and great mobility.

A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 100.
Bonuses: +1 to parry and dodge.
Cost: 6000 credits.

Full Mobility Flight Pack: Light, but limited jet pack that is little more than a souped up jump jet system. It can only fly for 5 minutes at a time at speeds up to 160 mph. It can cover about 13 miles with each short flight or engage in aerial combat for 20 melees. It holds enough fuel for 10 flight periods. Between each flight period, the pack must cool for 5 minutes. It is possible to make almost continuous flights by resting more frequently. Such measured hops would result in the pack covering about 100 miles in an hour with a maximum range of 130 miles. The greatest strength of the pack is not extended flight, however, but fast, maneuverable combat.

Bonuses: When worn by a skilled pilot (one that has the sill Pilot: Jetpack), the flight pack provides the wearer with a +1 to strike with hand held weapons or fists, +2 to parry, +4 to dodge, and can perform stunts with a +10% bonus to the roll. Those without the piloting skill only receive a +1 to dodge. Note that the flight pack can not hover in place like the flight super abilities and must obviously fly, though it may shift position within a small area to meet those requirements (approximately a 8-10 foot globe of movement; can't be used in most indoor areas).

Cost: 12,000 credits

Any chance we can get permission to post these to the Black Vault wiki?
I took the liberty of posting your Retinal Mimic Cybereoptics there, Taalismn. I have not been keeping up on this thread enough to have noticed if there is anything else of yours that can be posted there.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:18 am

OLD ONE

Go ahead and post them Stone Gargoyle. I had permission back in the day to host the info on one of my other, now defunct sites.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Go ahead and post them Stone Gargoyle. I had permission back in the day to host the info on one of my other, now defunct sites.
Will do when I have time. Now I have my laptop back working I have more internet time to spend on such efforts.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 am

Explorer

And i am back! Chemicals are my specialty so here comes some more of them hidden in innocent items!

Venom Ring
Ever notice that you can't get to a target to kill them at the local big wig parties? Tired of having to wait endlessly for them to be alone so you can strike them down because the door men took your weapons? Well have i got the thing for you! Introducing the Venom Ring! That's right this innocent looking ring has been modified to hold one chemical liquid agent of your choice!

http://tinyurl.com/Venom-RIng

Ok, all joking aside, here is my new super invention. The venom ring is of course a ring with a fake pointed jewel on it. The jewel itself is hallow, made of 1/126 inch thick glass that is colored as to not show the contents swishing around. The contents are loaded into the bottom of the jewel via a syringe and then it is capped with the ring itself. The very point of the jewel is designed to break and cut the flesh of the victim while simultaneously releasing the chemical agent into the wound. Of course this means new jewels will have to be made for more uses.

Example of this in action include during a handshake, the wearer simply rotates the ring on his finger as he goes for the handshake, thus when the target grabs his hand, they get stabbed with the ring. Similarly, the same tactics can be used while hugging, dancing and other close activities.

Chemical effects are as described in the Venom power in PU2.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Champion

i hate to mention this, but this sort of thing was covered in Rifter 49 in the stage magic unlimited option.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 pm

OLD ONE

Rappanui wrote:
i hate to mention this, but this sort of thing was covered in Rifter 49 in the stage magic unlimited option.

Not everyone has Rifter 49! ;)
Do you have a unique invention, gadget or weapon to share with us? :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Champion

I would, but then they wouldn't be secret anymore.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Explorer

Really!?!? someone already posted a similar invention!?!?