One Man Army! (and book legal)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: One Man Army! (and book legal)

Unread post by Kovoston »

You guys are sick. :)
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

i see your character and raise you any character with transmutation.

On my initiative, I turn anything into antimatter.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

zerombr wrote:i see your character and raise you any character with transmutation.

On my initiative, I turn anything into antimatter.

Well I'd argue that antimatter is not matter, it's the opposite. As a GM I wouldn't allow that. But this power is broken enough to beat most things with clever application even without that, I would not allow a player with a strong chemistry background access to this power. :)

Given that the example character here can only duplicate themselves and has no other listed powers you could simply turn the air into mustard gas or acid vapor or chloroform or chlorine gas (which has no odor) or methane (also no odor without the additive they use so people can smell leaks). Heck, turn the air into fine particulates of raw potassium or sodium, both of which react violently/explosively with moisture (such as in the lungs, mouth and nostrils). Transform a couple inches of air around their heads into a wrapping of tar or other sticky hard to remove suffocating material. Make it rain gasoline or kerosene or napalm by transmuting the air then transmute something into a heat source.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

indeed, I wouldn't allow it either, but hey, we're going by book legal, right? just wanted to show why I'll never allow transmutation in its current form into my game :D
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I am pretty sure you can't do any of that. by the book. Cuz you can't do chemical compounds IIRC?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Steeler49er wrote:
paxmiles wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:A great combo is 'Divine Healing' + 'Multiple Beings'
Makes fer a fun hero when you are your own medical trauma team.

And this is the best practical use for that multiple beings power I've seen.

:-o

Danka!

After playing a few games of Aberrant I realized that most Real super heroes should be played as Heroes and Not as Crime Fighters since Crime Fighters tend to Not save civilians in most games I play. Kids like crime fighters cuz they run around in cool duds bashing bad guys, but grown-ups tend to appreciate actually being Saved from Burning Buildings, Drowning/Sinking Ships, Falling debris, Tornados/Hurricanes, Floods, Flying in food during Drout/Famine, Power Outages/Blackouts, Locating Lost/Stranded Hikers, Finding missing/abuducted children, Being Cured from the sickness of a plagues deadly touch, and or being pulled from under a fallen building after an earthquake... Real Heroes.

Aberrant is still my favorite "supers" RPG of all time (Adventure and Trinity, not so much; I'm waiting to see what they do with the revamp of the setting). We actually adapted that version of the story-teller system to epic level D&D campaigns and it worked amazingly well, too (though the notes on that are all long gone).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Sir_Spirit wrote:I am pretty sure you can't do any of that. by the book. Cuz you can't do chemical compounds IIRC?

It specifically does say compounds like water, carbon dioxide, rubber, alcohol, etc. Those are examples, not a comprehensive list. It is likely incredibly broken and overpowered in the hands of a clever player (and character) with a strong chemistry background. I have yet to see a player really take advantage of it, but none of my players are chemistry freaks.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”